OT: Fortnite Battle Royale Thread

Comments

• RadioShaq
    14895 posts Moderator
    It makes more use of your hand by giving you buttons to use with your thumb. You can either use your thumb for movement or use up to 8 extra keybinds depending on which one you get. The azeron makes the joystick have more movement similar to a controller. Although I’ve never used the azeron to give you more detail on that model. Can find more detail on them on YouTube.
  • Argie8
    5738 posts Big Money Move
    CPFC16 wrote: »
    Argie8 wrote: »
    @Argie8 how you finding kb+m? Watched your video and was a bit shocked you got 2 wins already, thought it would take ages to be able to use kb+m. Tempted to switch myself, you have any experience on it before or is this your first time using? I’ve never used kbm before so I’m gonna be a nightmare

It's great. Honestly the toughest thing for me was learning my keybinds and finding the right ones. I was absolutely dreadful at first as I'd never used kb+m before but you soon get used to it if you grind creative and team rumble. I'd definitely recommend! Just be prepared to be a complete bot at first

Cheers mate. I don’t know whether to start learning or not, only recently got fully used to my 4 paddles on my Xbox remote and have improved a lot, don’t know if i’d be able to sacrifice another couple of months being awful. Considering it though. How long did it take you in creative and team rumble before you felt competent enough to play proper games?

If you feel like you're being held back by controller then I'd say it's worth the switch.

Well it's tough to compare to me as I've been learning on the side for the last few months so that I'd be ready to switch fully when I got a PC (which I got last week). I would say it should take you a few weeks to get decent if you commit fully to it. And then you'll probably be better on kb+m within 2-3 months. Teething problems are definitely annoying to deal with but personally I just wish I'd been playing kb+m since the start. I'd be soooo much better
  • Azof
    16394 posts World Class
    you appreciate how ridiculous the aim assist is now after switching @Argie8
  • CPFC16
    2073 posts Fans' Favourite
    @Argie8 how you finding kb+m? Watched your video and was a bit shocked you got 2 wins already, thought it would take ages to be able to use kb+m. Tempted to switch myself, you have any experience on it before or is this your first time using? I’ve never used kbm before so I’m gonna be a nightmare

It's great. Honestly the toughest thing for me was learning my keybinds and finding the right ones. I was absolutely dreadful at first as I'd never used kb+m before but you soon get used to it if you grind creative and team rumble. I'd definitely recommend! Just be prepared to be a complete bot at first

Cheers mate. I don’t know whether to start learning or not, only recently got fully used to my 4 paddles on my Xbox remote and have improved a lot, don’t know if i’d be able to sacrifice another couple of months being awful. Considering it though. How long did it take you in creative and team rumble before you felt competent enough to play proper games?

If you feel like you're being held back by controller then I'd say it's worth the switch.

Well it's tough to compare to me as I've been learning on the side for the last few months so that I'd be ready to switch fully when I got a PC (which I got last week). I would say it should take you a few weeks to get decent if you commit fully to it. And then you'll probably be better on kb+m within 2-3 months. Teething problems are definitely annoying to deal with but personally I just wish I'd been playing kb+m since the start. I'd be soooo much better

Thanks mate appreciate the advice , will let you know if I switch
  • Azof
    16394 posts World Class
    Found @Choepiechakie second account
    6IdKXrn.png
  • Choepiechakie
    31426 posts National Team Captain
    Azof wrote: »
    6IdKXrn.png

U will never kill me u bot
  • M98H
    12700 posts Has That Special Something
    Had David Meyler in a Arena game yesterday, died 3 times after reboots the amount I saw his name :joy:
  • JR
    8010 posts League Winner
    M98H wrote: »
    Had David Meyler in a Arena game yesterday, died 3 times after reboots the amount I saw his name :joy:

Yeah he’s bad, sure he plays a lot as well
  • Azof
    16394 posts World Class
    6IdKXrn.png

U will never kill me u bot

You arent on, too busy chasing boys around Barcelona
  • GL
    6508 posts Big Money Move
    Tofu clock 72 have no chem l e l
  • Argie8
    you appreciate how ridiculous the aim assist is now after switching @Argie8

Yes and no. Controller aiming doesn't take as much skill but I would say aiming on a mouse is easier as there's more control, once you've practiced a fair bit. I played 1000s of games on controller and my aim didn't improve
  • RadioShaq
    14895 posts Moderator
    edited August 14
    I can’t believe how opposite they have it balanced. Sure controller has the advantage at distance but mouse has it up close. Most kills are up close so it really favors mouse.

Also just noticed you can play with foot pedals. I would imagine it would put you in keyboard lobbies though.
    Post edited by RadioShaq on
  • JR
    8010 posts League Winner
    What are they doing with these updates :/
  • Choepiechakie
    ZOMBIES WHOOOOO
  • GL
    Just why
  • Azof
    16394 posts World Class
    Lets continually reduce the places you can drop until everyone lands in one spot off bus
  • JR
    8010 posts League Winner
    It’s making me excited for cod and Fifa the way this games going
  • Azof
    16394 posts World Class
    JR wrote: »
    It’s making me excited for cod and Fifa the way this games going

I'm half with you, but I'm sure Activision will bork it somehow
  • CPFC16
    2073 posts Fans' Favourite
    It could be one of the best games of all time that continues to be big for years to come but they keep adding this ****, it disappoints me because I love FN but updates like this make me not wanna play at all
  • RadioShaq
    14895 posts Moderator
    Just saw shroud say they should remove building or at least add a mode without it so they can compete with cod release.
  • GL
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    Just saw shroud say they should remove building or at least add a mode without it so they can compete with cod release.

Take away what makes Fortnite, Fortnite. I don’t agree with that.

Anyway team rumble is basically no building
  • Azof
    16394 posts World Class
    RadioShaq wrote: »

The map would need to be redesigned for that.

Plus the bloom makes any ar based fight extremely unfun
  • RadioShaq
    14895 posts Moderator
    He said they could make a smaller map. Suppose it would also favor controllers for once with long range fights.
  • Choepiechakie
    I would rather play cod than FN when there isnt building in FN. But not everyone can afford cod uhuh @Azof so it makes sense.
  • Azof
    16394 posts World Class
    I would rather play cod than FN when there isnt building in FN. But not everyone can afford cod uhuh @Azof so it makes sense.

All the kiddies not allowed cod cause its violent while they kill people in fn
  • Choepiechakie

Eliminate*
  • Azof
    16394 posts World Class

Eliminate*

• RadioShaq
    14895 posts Moderator
    They ever say if they will add in holding down a key modifiers like shift plus 1?
  • Argie8
    Wow what an amazing update

Fixed all the games major problems

GG

:|

Thank God for Team Rumble
  • Choepiechakie
    Wow what an amazing update

Fixed all the games major problems