Are you a FIFA streamer? Get yourself added to the forum list here

IF Trading Guide

RBailss
9909 posts League Winner
edited September 2018
IF Trading Guidelines

The method works by a large amount of cards being placed on the market at an inflated price. It relies on lazy buyers who use the console (not proven) who do not take the time to search for the lowest price on players. They search the market and see all the players up at a set price and buy a player, thinking that must be his going rate. There are plenty of theories on why this works, but that's the one i'm going with!

- Please do not argue with each other! The thread will be locked if this occurs.

- Sticking together with prices etc will help each other make coins and keep bickering to a minimum.

- Buy times will be discussed in the thread i'm sure. I propose a buy within a percentage of the lowest range. Something like, do not buy cards unless they are within 5% of their MIN.

- All cards dealt with are 'cheap' IF's, please keep the thread on topic where possible.

- Some people stick to 8-10 cards of the same player. No more no less. Some others prefer just having 1 of each card, test both out & see what works best for you.

- When you sell a card, replace it with another where possible. It's always encouraging to post pics of your sales if you can. This keeps others up to date on sale prices and also helps others who may not have had a sale yet.

- As stated, this relies on a modicum of luck. This is not a quick flip method for making coins and does require some patience/faith. So do not start this method if you cannot spare the coins. Sales may come in the first hour, they may require a few days. This is not an exact science but it does work.

- Chem Cards and Position changes are not required but MAY help with a sale. I would also advise to buy fresh cards for attacking players but it is NOT necessary.

- Stick to the buy prices you agree on. Buying too high will reduce the profit margins for everyone (including yourself).

- Be aware of upcoming events & SBCS which could have an effect on any IF's you are holding/looking to buy. Be smart.

- Above all, respect one another.

QUICK GUIDE AND ANSWERS TO FAQ's

Minimum desired start capital 100k-150k
Patience
1 hour cycles work best
Patience
Best to buy fresh
Patience
For players which haven't hit discard (10k) leave these to hit lowest price for Monday/Tuesday pick up (although Thursdays with FUT Champs rewards may also be a good time to buy).
Have patience
Research the thread
Patience
Make your own decisions
Patience
Don't moan if you do not get a sale
Patience
Stick to IF sales brags
Patience

Credit to @OoSUPERDANoO for the OP.

Potentially edited once I have a bit more time.

Comments

• RBailss
    9909 posts League Winner
    We're back again... Always my go to trading method :)
  • This and NIF will be my life the next few months. Lol.
  • Finesse_4days
    4482 posts National Call-Up
    edited September 2018
    This worked very well last year, but I was far too impatient and sometimes selled players for only like 2k above bin this year I am going to try and be a lot more patient and get better sales. Informs prices should shoot up for the first week of prime Sbcs which will probably be the first Thursday of October but who knows if they will release them the same way.
  • BRISTOL86
    8569 posts League Winner
    edited September 2018
    This was good fun last year. I’m in!

@They Caged Non
  • FootyFootyFootball
    2382 posts Fans' Favourite
    First page.
  • FootyFootyFootball
    edited September 2018
    RBailss wrote: »

Ohhhhh yes

Going to do my best to diversify a little this time around though as I normally end up with 150 IFs, but the vast majority will still be through this method
  • UM4R
    3330 posts Moderator
    Absting159 wrote: »
    This and NIF will be my life the next few months. Lol.

The best bit about the whole game :lol: spend more time trading then playing
  • CeeQue
    9162 posts League Winner
    This and MM have been my go to trading.
  • BRISTOL86
    8569 posts League Winner
    CeeQue wrote: »

I’ve been burned too many times by the increasingly erratic picks for MM!
  • Yendinho_11
    122 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    People mention the otw method what’s this?
  • Skittles67
    563 posts An Exciting Prospect

Buying otw cards that you think will do well irl and then sell if they do as they’ll go up
  • FootyFootyFootball
    Skittles67 wrote: »

Buying otw cards that you think will do well irl and then sell if they do as they’ll go up

They'll go up regardless. Their values will rise in the build up to the game, either sell in the hype or hold and hope for the best.

Always sell in the hype
  • Skittles67
    563 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Skittles67 wrote: »

They'll go up regardless. Their values will rise in the build up to the game, either sell in the hype or hold and hope for the best.

Always sell in the hype

Yh but barely, as long as you buy at the lowest point then when they score/assist that’s where the money is
  • DanV17
    26 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I’m in, looking forward to getting stuck in
  • RebelRob
    3172 posts National Call-Up
    Jumping on this again big time :)

May profits be plenty for everyone.

• RBailss
    9909 posts League Winner
    Just make sure we keep it civil & help people out.

Hopefully see some new faces alongside all of the regulars!
  • Kai9623
    6662 posts Big Money Move
    Lets go again!
  • UM4R
    3330 posts Moderator
    Just make sure we keep it civil & help people out.

Hopefully see some new faces alongside all of the regulars!

This, everything needed to be successful with this method is in the OP. If everyone sticks to the guide everyone will be able to make a good amount of coins. Have patience and don't undercut. If you do decide to cut your losses on a particular card, list the card one at a time. This will make sure the player's price doesn't crash for everyone and will also help you shift the cards quicker. Finally, try not to post sales of informs still in packs, as this can inflate the price of the card before everyone has had a chance to invest and derails the thread.
  • CeeQue
    9162 posts League Winner
    BRISTOL86 wrote: »
    CeeQue wrote: »

I’ve been burned too many times by the increasingly erratic picks for MM!

I tend to focus on teams with Bronze/Silver players only. Worst case scenario they rot in my club till i need them later on or just use them for SBC fillers.
  • CraigB85
    1346 posts Professional
    Looking forward to getting started!
  • Blarix
    20512 posts Club Captain
    Hopefully this year IF will catch the form from previous years.
  • Mc_chigby
    358 posts Sunday League Hero
    Dipped in and out of this last year but will be up for it again.
  • MikeyP_FC
    12354 posts Has That Special Something
    Once I get some coins doing NIF for 6-8 weeks I’ll be jumping on this
  • Kaspani
    320 posts Sunday League Hero
    IF trading oh how I’ve missed you!
  • Pieman
    459 posts Sunday League Hero
    Same. Spend more time IF trading than playing in the first 3 or 4 months of the game.
  • veltok
    344 posts Sunday League Hero
    Kaspani wrote: »
    IF trading oh how I’ve missed you!

<3 <3
  • gowtham
    40 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Back again :)
  • SupaNoodle1990
    24216 posts Club Captain
    Is there a guide for someone without patience?
  • Will likely do more of this than actually playing again...

See how we get on!
  • Multif4ce
    369 posts Sunday League Hero
    Can't wait to get started trading again