Fifa 19 Icon review/price discussion thread

Comments

• ccooaattssyy
    4555 posts National Call-Up
    Alexrb89 wrote: »
    Reus wrote: »
    Hopefully some of the lower ones get them and get bigger upgrades than the Henry, best cards are getting

Michael Laudrup could get a 94/95 rated card in that case.

Still with like 80 passing :D :D :D
  • Reus
    21974 posts Club Captain
    Alexrb89 wrote: »
    Reus wrote: »
    Hopefully some of the lower ones get them and get bigger upgrades than the Henry, best cards are getting

Michael Laudrup could get a 94/95 rated card in that case.

Yes

Giving people like laudrup, Scholes, baresi etc a +2/3 on there prime with a nice upgrade
  • AjaxLegends
    1444 posts Professional
    Surely this is the end for prime icon sbc’s? Dont see the value in those now.
  • Crossland
    5731 posts Big Money Move
    Surely this is the end for prime icon sbc’s? Dont see the value in those now.

• ccooaattssyy
    Well it’s only select icons. I guess the biggest ones.
  • bhafc1901
    2174 posts Fans' Favourite
    bhafc1901 wrote: »
    bhafc1901 wrote: »
    One of you bidding on that r94?

Got him for 4.23m, excited to see that haircut in game

So r94 is the real deal. Had slight concern about him being a m/l but he's constantly on the move. Playing him rs alongside zlatan in a 4222, his shot pretty much always wins at least a corner which is great when you have zlatan too.

Having him also seems to have helped Rivaldo at RCAM, I think they think I'm going to force it to r94 so now finding time to shoot on Rivaldos left which is deadly
  • Primal
    3720 posts National Call-Up
    we think icon prices will crash now, csnt believe this promo, bit of a joke
  • TalentFG
    1304 posts Professional
    Primal wrote: »
    we think icon prices will crash now, csnt believe this promo, bit of a joke

Already dipping and I doubt the entire playerbase is aware of the situation currently.
  • ccooaattssyy
    They will go up once they see how expensive these are.
  • GL
    4748 posts National Call-Up
    I do feel bad for whoever completed (fraud) Prime Best sbc. EA must have something planned though (pack only?) because otherwise it is totally out of order
  • I wanted to do Nedved this evening until they released those SBCs and skyrocketed Nakata's SBC price.

What do you guys think, wait for Friday regardless of what happens with the price or just complete him if his price becomes reasonably?
  • Alexrb89
    2618 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited February 12
    Think I’ve decided to go with this front 4. Striker can be Henry or Butra haven’t decided yet. The annoying thing is I’ll probably force myself to get the prime moment versions now and I can only assume they’ll cost quite a bit more.

O8i3BBa.jpg
  • DougInskip
    5722 posts Big Money Move
    @Alexrb89 man I hope that 94 Dinhos SBC is similar to last year (2.5m) should drop his market price to around the same. Then hopefully the prime moment version costs what the 94 currently goes for on the market, 3.5-3.7 mil
  • Sixtech
    1948 posts Play-Off Hero
    @Alexrb89 if the new prime icons dont have an SBC that allows you to upgrade your card their prices will be way to high to be worth.

Henry will probably be 1 million coins more than the crap prime. I would not be surprised to see him go for 3,5/4 million for a while.
    All the youtubers, streamers will buy them first for crazy prices and then they will very slowly decline.
  • kanyeezey
    497 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Got a "prime" matthäus for 1.7. Loved him in 2018, and its the cheapest price he's ever been. Good time to try him out. Plus I finally can play Ibra on 10 chem
  • wHaTyOuLoOkiN
    129 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Looking forward to the best sports game MLB The Show. EA Sports Canada had never the chance to beat this, perhaps they should focus on a game with Huskies.
  • o ShifTyZz o
    1173 posts Professional
    Baggio with a dynamic pic would be <3 B)
  • o ShifTyZz o
    1173 posts Professional
    edited February 12
    v42r8Ul.png

I know they wont be coloured but it definitely makes the icons more appealing with the dynamic images
  • FIFANoob90
    231 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    is it worth still buying Base/Mid version of Icons? Been waiting for 3 weeks to get either Base/Mid Eusebio or Base/Mid Pele.
  • James Libby
    4437 posts National Call-Up
    Fair to say this new promo is the reason so many heavyweight Icon SBCs haven't dropped yet?
  • o ShifTyZz o
    1173 posts Professional
    Fair to say this new promo is the reason so many heavyweight Icon SBCs haven't dropped yet?

I'd say so but it does make you think why did they include Best. Do you think there would be less anger amongst the community if he wasn't included and it was only for icons that haven't been released yet?
  • James Libby

I'd say so but it does make you think why did they include Best. Do you think there would be less anger amongst the community if he wasn't included and it was only for icons that haven't been released yet?

Absolutely. Making the new Magic Moments cards non-SBC'd players would have quieted the discontent immensely.
  • AIeks
    4946 posts National Call-Up
    EA were clearly disappointed in the return of the previous promos and decided to return to the guaranteed seller, the icons...

I can't help but to think that there would've been a better way to do this.

Now some if not all primes are going to become less than, and that's very frustrating for people who have been grinding to get them. At least release every prime / prime SBC etc within a few months of the games release first. Now there is no point even doing icon SBC's is there?

Well done, maybe a "defining moment" TOTY is coming next.
  • James Libby
    edited February 12
    AIeks wrote: »
    EA were clearly disappointed in the return of the previous promos and decided to return to the guaranteed seller, the icons...

I can't help but to think that there would've been a better way to do this.

Now some if not all primes are going to become less than, and that's very frustrating for people who have been grinding to get them. At least release every prime / prime SBC etc within a few months of the games release first. Now there is no point even doing icon SBC's is there?

Well done, maybe a "defining moment" TOTY is coming next.

That's the scariest part of all of this. Anything is in play now. "Magic Moments - _______ Edition" in April could outmode this current batch for all we know.
  • lido12
    183 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    steven gerrard at Champions League Final 2005 <3 !
  • Falafelmonster
    4688 posts National Call-Up
    @James Libby Have you used 90 Henry? could you recommend him for a LCAM role?
  • libertao
    911 posts Semi-Pro
    edited February 12
    Still early days, but grabbed mid-Eusebio during this dip -- his shot is as nuts as everyone says. Already had 2-3 goals from shots that I thought were too weak or off-balance to go in but they snuck in the goal
  • MikeyP_FC
    12722 posts Has That Special Something
    libertao wrote: »
    Still early days, but grabbed mid-Eusebio during this dip -- his shot is as nuts as everyone says. Already had 2-3 goals from shots that I thought were too weak or off-balance to go in but they snuck in the goal

Haven’t tracked him at all but want to try one of his cards, what’s a good price these days?
  • weims
    1831 posts Play-Off Hero
    MikeyP_FC wrote: »

Haven’t tracked him at all but want to try one of his cards, what’s a good price these days?

2.5 or thereabouts for the 89, who’s better if you want a ST (he’s amazing)
  • Furrag85
    1736 posts Play-Off Hero
    weims wrote: »
    MikeyP_FC wrote: »

2.5 or thereabouts for the 89, who’s better if you want a ST (he’s amazing)
    Less. I saw a couple go for 2.34 last night!