Fifa 19 Icon review/price discussion thread

Comments

• Best icon striker partner for Ibra (Preferably less than 1.5m)

Looking for someone with a bit more pace to compliment him, current options:

Crespo - 87/90
    Klose - 91
    Shevchenko - 91
    Del Piero - No idea how he'd go at striker, nor which version is worth getting
    Larsson - 90 (would make things easier in the long run with the strong link but he's inflated)
    Butragueno - 90

Butra easily.

This
  • Bobb
    643 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Best icon striker partner for Ibra (Preferably less than 1.5m)

Crespo - 87/90
    Klose - 91
    Shevchenko - 91
    Larsson - 90 (would make things easier in the long run with the strong link but he's inflated)
    Butragueno - 90

Shevchenko has an incredible shot, Del Piero is very good, Butragueño has crazy pace and control.

Also how excited are you for bandana/piñata 2? 🙏
  • LightSpeedS
    186 posts Sunday League Hero
    What cdm Would be an uppgrade Over pogba if? Blanc? Seedorf? Raajkard? Anyone else? Got 1,6m

• FreddieKane
    461 posts Sunday League Hero
    Bobb wrote: »

Crespo - 87/90
    Klose - 91
    Shevchenko - 91
    Butragueno - 90

Shevchenko has an incredible shot, Del Piero is very good, Butragueño has crazy pace and control.

Looks like Butra is the main response, he does look the best I just never saw him play unlike the others so it's a little less exciting for me haha.

What version of ADP have you used?

And mate I've been buzzing for it for ages haha, Madlib/Freddie are such a good combo. Any updates to its release? Haven't checked in a while.
  • o ShifTyZz o
    1174 posts Professional
    Jaymizzo wrote: »
    How is Henry this year? I recently played my 1000th game of DR /WL and I have never come across him... Not even once.

A lot of people used him often last year and he was a hassle to play against but I'm wondering how come he isn't as common? Is his price too high to justify having him in the team instead of a Raul or Stoich?

Really want to save up for his 90 or TOTY Varane but not sure if 90 Henry is even worth it.

Currently using Rivaldo on the left (which is where Henry will be supporting FB Ibra) so I have no issue with players with low balance, so what's gives with his rarity?

To anyone who uses him, please let me know what you think of him in comparison to other attackers. Tag me if you can.

I've heard mixed reviews on him. I think the reason he was so common last year is that he was the first "big" icon sbc we got last year.

He is an Arsenal legend and also joint favourite striker of all time (Zlatan with him) so that's some incentive to get him but then I look at his stats in comparison to other Icons within his range, look at his balance and then realise his stats aren't greatly distributed for such an attacker... That incentive dies off quickly.

I played 1000 games with him last year and he was incredible.
  • Crop_Dust3r
    323 posts Sunday League Hero
    How is Henry this year? I recently played my 1000th game of DR /WL and I have never come across him... Not even once.

A lot of people used him often last year and he was a hassle to play against but I'm wondering how come he isn't as common? Is his price too high to justify having him in the team instead of a Raul or Stoich?

Really want to save up for his 90 or TOTY Varane but not sure if 90 Henry is even worth it.

Currently using Rivaldo on the left (which is where Henry will be supporting FB Ibra) so I have no issue with players with low balance, so what's gives with his rarity?

To anyone who uses him, please let me know what you think of him in comparison to other attackers. Tag me if you can.

@Jaymizzo

I used 90 Henry for about 50 games and found him to be very good. I had him partnered with middle and prime Trezeguet and together they just dominated. Played very well off each other and were both scoring a bunch.

I usually play 443(4) with Henry at LW and Trez at ST but also works if they both play as ST in a 2 striker formation.

Definitely worth trying out. Ended up selling Henry to fund the Bale SBC
  • Bobb
    643 posts An Exciting Prospect

Crespo - 87/90
    Klose - 91
    Shevchenko - 91
    Butragueno - 90

Looks like Butra is the main response, he does look the best I just never saw him play unlike the others so it's a little less exciting for me haha.

And mate I've been buzzing for it for ages haha, Madlib/Freddie are such a good combo. Any updates to its release? Haven't checked in a while.
    @FreddieKane

I used the base ADP, he had great pace and dribbling, awesome shot with both feet and good passing. He’s a great all-rounder

And no updates on when it’ll be out but this teaser two weeks ago got everybody hype

• Falafelmonster
    4816 posts National Call-Up
    @Blarix or anyone else used 90 Figo?
    Looking for a good RCAM
  • Noob_FC
    3148 posts National Call-Up
    DadBod wrote: »
    To the guys that suggested 89 nedved to link with prime zlatan, thank you!

Nedved is a perfect cam, ultra quick and silky smooth passing. Perfect playmaker for prime zlatan.

Would nedved be a decent cm? My cam spot is taken by neymar

For what formation... I have used him as LCM and RCM... he excels there too... he is just awesome... I still remember he cut the passing lane once by himself... I was going to select him to do so, but there he was already.. He is just great!!!
  • FreddieKane
    461 posts Sunday League Hero

Crespo - 87/90
    Klose - 91
    Shevchenko - 91
    Butragueno - 90

@FreddieKane

I used the base ADP, he had great pace and dribbling, awesome shot with both feet and good passing. He’s a great all-rounder

And no updates on when it’ll be out but this teaser two weeks ago got everybody hype

Here's hoping it's soon! :sunglasses:
  • Jaymizzo
    2383 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited January 17

@Jaymizzo

I used 90 Henry for about 50 games and found him to be very good. I had him partnered with middle and prime Trezeguet and together they just dominated. Played very well off each other and were both scoring a bunch.

I usually play 443(4) with Henry at LW and Trez at ST but also works if they both play as ST in a 2 striker formation.

@Crop_Dust3r Cheers mate, is he better than the likes of Nedved etc in that does he actually feel as Elite as his price suggests?

If I had the coins, I genuinely wouldn't think twice about getting him as I'd still have 4 months till TOTS but grinding/trading to 1.5mil right now feels like a chore if he isn't that much better than other cards in his range. Right now I'm thinking of practicality over sentiment though.
  • killer xavi
    2181 posts Fans' Favourite
    The moment I get to sell Prime Blanc, he’s out. Disgrace of a card
  • o ShifTyZz o
    1174 posts Professional
    Looking for a good RCAM

I've used him twice in draft this week and honestly he has been amazing. His dribbling feels unique and he is very hard to push off the ball for a winger. I've now got to figure out a way to get him or his prime into my team!
  • Falafelmonster
    4816 posts National Call-Up
    Looking for a good RCAM

I've used him twice in draft this week and honestly he has been amazing. His dribbling feels unique and he is very hard to push off the ball for a winger. I've now got to figure out a way to get him or his prime into my team!

Cheers! Gonna give Messi a try. If he's not up to par I'm giving Figo a go! Figo actually fits my team better too as he starts at RM.
  • RBailss
    11750 posts Has That Special Something
    85 Seedorf any good?
  • Roc_Xel
    367 posts Sunday League Hero
    The moment I get to sell Prime Blanc, he’s out. Disgrace of a card

Dont worry he ll grow on you. Was not really impressed during the first 10-15 games but he s the best cb in the game. Now has played 250 games for me. He just wins the ball every time and actually keeps it.
  • dino1g
    87 posts Park Captain
    89 Nedved or 88 Raul as RCAM?

Also, would you go with Nedved/Ramos over Desailly 87/Griezmann?
  • McRaven
    4217 posts National Call-Up
    RBailss wrote: »
    85 Seedorf any good?

Had great passing, but didn't feel he was worth his price.
  • RBailss
    McRaven wrote: »
    85 Seedorf any good?

Thanks, need a strong link to VVD.. Think I'll just stick with Fabinho.
  • GL
    6322 posts Big Money Move
    Can’t get over the fact that when EA first announced Ronaldo Nazario he didn’t have 5* skills :joy:
  • McRaven
    4217 posts National Call-Up
    McRaven wrote: »
    85 Seedorf any good?

Thanks, need a strong link to VVD.. Think I'll just stick with Fabinho.

He's a very different player than Fabinho. More of an attacking minded CM, but he let me down a lot in defense. Definitely good, but overpriced imo for what he offers!
  • Crop_Dust3r
    323 posts Sunday League Hero

@Jaymizzo

@Crop_Dust3r Cheers mate, is he better than the likes of Nedved etc in that does he actually feel as Elite as his price suggests?

If I had the coins, I genuinely wouldn't think twice about getting him as I'd still have 4 months till TOTS but grinding/trading to 1.5mil right now feels like a chore if he isn't that much better than other cards in his range. Right now I'm thinking of practicality over sentiment though.

@Jaymizzo

I used middle nedved early days cause of the opinion of the masses here on the forums. Unfortunately for me he wasn't stand out, as has been the case with many of the popular icons people rave about.

The thing is with FIFA is that what works so well for one person may not work for others.

For me... Henry was good. Did I find him truly elite? Not really. Still very very good, and capable of getting the job done with style. I was happy with him and would have kept him if I had the coins. I did the Bale SBC and he's doing absolute wonders for me in all positions.

The only way to know is to try out as many players as you can for yourself and figure out what works for you.
  • Matnevesbra
    1099 posts Professional
    Which one?

1: Sif fabinho + mid blanc (cbs) + 88 seedorf (cm)

2: sif fabinho+ if vvd (cbs) + prime matthaus (cm)
  • RBailss
    Which one?

Option 2
  • MaltGuitar
    150 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Which one?

2nd one for me
  • SomeNextGuy
    2590 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited January 17
    I have a question that may sound stupid on the face of it. Baby Okocha or baby Best?

Okocha would leave me with 400k or so that I could use to save for baby Veron or Zanetti to strengthen my team, and he'd also make my front three all 5* skill moves, but Best is... Best.

It's a team that needs an icon RF. So other suggestions would be cool, those are just the two that really stand out to me.
  • 91 Cruyff and normal Cr7 or TOTY Mbappe and CL Dybala?
  • GL
    6322 posts Big Money Move
    Spudd1998 wrote: »
    91 Cruyff and normal Cr7 or TOTY Mbappe and CL Dybala?

Cruyff and cron
  • straathyenas
    43 posts Park Captain
    Do we expect another crash for icons with the new promo. I have 90 ronaldo and 88 seedorf.
  • SomeNextGuy
    2590 posts Fans' Favourite
    This is the team. Opinions on the last spot for around a million?
    2v3kkt1.jpg