Comments

• Alexrb89
    3455 posts National Call-Up
    Who would play well with MvB in a 442?

Budget?
  • Alexrb89
    I’d rather have Cruyff

Leaning towards him as well just cause it’s Cruyff really.
  • Roc_Xel
    372 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited January 12
    Eisenhardt wrote: »
    I think this is the squad I'm gonna end up with after this week's madness:

9924ee6e6e63c9c6582570846ec713f6.jpg

I'm thinking about playing Gullit CCAM to get the most out of him and get NIF Kante as a second CDM.

Gorgeous. REally glad you have Ramos NIF and prime Blanc with de Gea and Lala, have the same defense, although I do have SIF Sandro on the left, still afraid by Marcelo WR on the left, tried him extensively (NIF) and got way better results with Sandro because Marcelo was just... not here defensively. Sure, he has immense stats, but afraid he would have the same issues as his nif card, i.e. workrates.

Would be REALLY interested in having your feedback on Gullit, also tried him for the first time since Thursday, got around 40 games with him , and not entirely convinced as a CM. Never well positioned for me, especially defensively, as if I was missing the good chem for him. Tried Engine first, then Hunter and Shadow. Something is lackingt. But also never had a CM with that good offensive plus value, he assisted and scored (average) of 31 in 40, being said that he had Socrates Eusebio and Cr7 above him who all have +1 per game.

Which formation you gonna use in game ? I feel like I shoud play Gullit CAM instead of CM. I aslo feel he would be a much better CM in a formation with two central midfielders rather than 3 as he was for me, in a 41212 (2). So he had to play left or right CM, (kante is my CDM) and struggled to find good positioning.

Also, I packed something insane tonight, pic will follow.
  • Alexrb89
    Yeah Cruyff for me as well. I dunno how I feel about that Baggio however, EA has done him dirty.

Who would you suggest out wide instead? Even thought about Laudrup just cause 550k is mad cheap for a prime icon and feel like Raul, Stoich and Cruyff will run the show anyway. Can put Raul out wide too and get a striker but dunno if he fits that role.
  • ccooaattssyy
    7848 posts League Winner
    Alexrb89 wrote: »

Budget?

Ideally similar to MvB -around 1-1.5m.
  • Roc_Xel
    372 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited January 12
    Apologies guys, packed this tonight in one of the 2000 pack. To be honest, the 2000 packs have been WAY better for me than all the 2500. This is where I got all the big things, tonight being the biggest for me, but also had CR7 and TOTY Kante and Baby Butra in a 2k pack. By far my fav packs.

kmH2PQC]gullit.jpg
  • Eisenhardt
    4127 posts National Call-Up
    Roc_Xel wrote: »
    I think this is the squad I'm gonna end up with after this week's madness:

9924ee6e6e63c9c6582570846ec713f6.jpg

I'm thinking about playing Gullit CCAM to get the most out of him and get NIF Kante as a second CDM.

Gorgeous. REally glad you have Ramos NIF and prime Blanc with de Gea and Lala, have the same defense, although I do have SIF Sandro on the left, still afraid by Marcelo WR on the left, tried him extensively (NIF) and got way better results with Sandro because Marcelo was just... not here defensively. Sure, he has immense stats, but afraid he would have the same issues as his nif card, i.e. workrates.

Would be REALLY interested in having your feedback on Gullit, also tried him for the first time since Thursday, got around 40 games with him , and not entirely convinced as a CM. Never well positioned for me, especially defensively, as if I was missing the good chem for him. Tried Engine first, then Hunter and Shadow. Something is lackingt. But also never had a CM with that good offensive plus value, he assisted and scored (average) of 31 in 40, being said that he had Socrates Eusebio and Cr7 above him who all have +1 per game.

Which formation you gonna use in game ? I feel like I shoud play Gullit CAM instead of CM. I aslo feel he would be a much better CM in a formation with two central midfielders rather than 3 as he was for me, in a 41212 (2). So he had to play left or right CM, (kante is my CDM) and struggled to find good positioning.

Also, I packed something insane tonight, pic will follow.

That TOTY Marcelo is untradeable so I kinda feel like I have to use him. I did use the NIF for a while and didn't have any problems with him defensively with stay back instructions. I do feel stay back would be kind of a waste on TOTY Marcelo however, so I am considering getting Matuidi and switching the two IG. I was hoping to get TOTY Ramos as well but I ran out of coins. But hey, at least I still have something to work towards.

Honestly this is the first time I'm gonna try Gullit, never had the chance to use him before. I came up against people using him as ST and CAM before and he was a menace. So I'm gonna use him as a CCAM in a 4-2-3-1 narrow. He'd still be able to drop back and help defensively here and there, and I can abuse his 5* WF from outside the box offensively. Having him as a CDM just doesn't make much sense to me given the price I'm paying. I'll provide some feedback once I get the chance to use this squad, just need Neymar now.
  • Eisenhardt
    4127 posts National Call-Up
    Apologies guys, packed this tonight in one of the 2000 pack. To be honest, the 2000 packs have been WAY better for me than all the 2500. This is where I got all the big things, tonight being the biggest for me, but also had CR7 and TOTY Kante and Baby Butra in a 2k pack. By far my fav packs.

kmH2PQC]gullit.jpg

Seems like your luck has been on point lately. I'd quit while you're ahead :D

Seriously though, grats on that crazy pull!
  • Alexrb89
    Alexrb89 wrote: »

Budget?

Ideally similar to MvB -around 1-1.5m.

Butra maybe?
  • NornIron
    11453 posts Has That Special Something
    Just bought 87 Bergkamp 530k I need someone to feed Ibra, anyone actually used him?
  • ccooaattssyy
    7848 posts League Winner
    NornIron wrote: »
    Just bought 87 Bergkamp 530k I need someone to feed Ibra, anyone actually used him?

He looks pretty bad :#
  • nathswfc
    1472 posts Play-Off Hero
    Good price for baby pele? Also any reviews on him? Just sold r94 to switch it up abit
  • Reus
    22558 posts Club Captain

Get 90 butra

He's a wizard

I'm using him up top in 442 next to Socrates and they work great together, he should be a good foil for mvb
  • xHerdie
    4042 posts National Call-Up
    @Reus I’ve been using butra next to CR7 in a 442 so far tonight and not sure what I’m doing wrong but not really liking him

He gets knocked off the hall way too easily (not surprising cause he’s small)
  • nathswfc
    1472 posts Play-Off Hero
    Have 5m for a icon cb, icon cam and icon cdm. Is it worth spending 2.3ish on 88 vieira for the cdm role?
  • Leogod
    74 posts Park Captain
    edited January 13
    I was happy as a child to have enough money to build this team. But since i put rivaldo away and bought Bergkamp, everything went downhill. I feel like there is no more creativity and pace in my team. Help is needed to make some changes. I have around 300k left and was thinking about getting butra 90 instead of bergkamp or lineker. What are your thoughts? This is my team:
    sqtqw1.jpg
  • BWild
    3392 posts National Call-Up
    Who's the best CDM in a 4231 between prime Rijkaard, Prime Veron, and 88 Petit? I'll have right around a mil. Could stretch a little if I'm missing someone else
  • DeanoZoff
    4273 posts National Call-Up
    Leogod wrote: »
    I was happy as a child to have enough money to build this team. But since i put rivaldo away and bought Bergkamp, everything went downhill. I feel like there is no more creativity and pace in my team. Help is needed to make some changes. I have around 300k left and was thinking about getting butra 90 instead of bergkamp or lineker. What are your thoughts? This is my team:
    sqtqw1.jpg

Bergkamp and Lineker dont look ideal for those wide cam roles..

Maybe best, figo, rivaldo or any other winger with a central card?
  • Bobb
    646 posts An Exciting Prospect
    BWild wrote: »
    Who's the best CDM in a 4231 between prime Rijkaard, Prime Veron, and 88 Petit? I'll have right around a mil. Could stretch a little if I'm missing someone else

Petit>Veron>Rijkaard

Petit is crazy athletic, very tall, and has very good agility and balance for his height so he is very comfortable on the ball. And of course his defending stats are top notch. Veron is one of the best playmakers in the game, his close control and passing are top his through balls nearly always come off. And with a shadow he’s a decent defender, he’s strong and big like Petit too. Rijkaard I had high hopes for but I think the agility and balance are just too low because he could not carry the ball forward. He is the best defender out of the three but on the ball all he can do is pick out a pass, if you’re dribbling with him it’ll get nicked, and I like carrying the ball with my CDM.

At 1.1m 89 Ballack is basically Veron + 4 star skills and weak foot but he can defend much better than Veron. And he’s a big threat on corners because of his jumping + height

For the price I’d recommend 88 Petit but if you have the 1.1 Ballack is a little better offensively
  • BWild
    3392 posts National Call-Up
    Bobb wrote: »

Petit>Veron>Rijkaard

Petit is crazy athletic, very tall, and has very good agility and balance for his height so he is very comfortable on the ball. And of course his defending stats are top notch. Veron is one of the best playmakers in the game, his close control and passing are top his through balls nearly always come off. And with a shadow he’s a decent defender, he’s strong and big like Petit too. Rijkaard I had high hopes for but I think the agility and balance are just too low because he could not carry the ball forward. He is the best defender out of the three but on the ball all he can do is pick out a pass, if you’re dribbling with him it’ll get nicked, and I like carrying the ball with my CDM.

At 1.1m 89 Ballack is basically Veron + 4 star skills and weak foot but he can defend much better than Veron. And he’s a big threat on corners because of his jumping + height

For the price I’d recommend 88 Petit but if you have the 1.1 Ballack is a little better offensively

Thank you so much for the write up. I tried the base Ballack and didn't like him at all so I didn't consider the 89, but if he's much better I shouldn't immediately rule him out.

Since 91 Kroos will be my other CDM I'm leaning towards Petit just because he's a bit more defence minded, but I can see Veron still doing that job well enough.
  • Noob_FC
    3149 posts National Call-Up
    Noob_FC wrote: »
    Any reviews on Bergkamp? for CCAM position in 4231

bump
  • Noob_FC
    3149 posts National Call-Up

I have used prime Makelele, Baby Blanc, kante, Fabinho, 88 Petit, 88 Lothar, prime Rijkaard....
    For me Baby Blanc and 88 Petit have been the best of the lot...

height+(LF+RF combo)+ strength, can shoot, have pace to catch up with players...
  • Sixtechburner
    431 posts Sunday League Hero
    What chemistry style do people use in Best? Hawk/Marksman?
  • Iconman36
    314 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited January 13
    OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!

I’ve got Toty CR7 from an 82 plus sbc!!!!!!

I’ve spent around 400$ on ultimate packs and got Navas as my best player and I’ve crafted around 100 premium La Liga sbc and got kroos once so I’ve figured let’s try 3 82 plus and on my 3rd pack this beauty has showed up!

Sorry for bragging , I just wanted to share:)
    Post edited by Iconman36 on
  • Sercs
    18672 posts World Class
    Iconman36 wrote: »
    OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!

I’ve spent around 400$ on ultimate packs and got Navas as my best player and I’ve crafted around 100 premium La Liga sbc and got kroos once so I’ve figured let’s try 3 82 plus and on my 3rd pack this beauty has showed up!

Weird how packs strike when you least expect it, gold jumbo pack I got Kluivert at the start yet every other pack has been bad since really lol
  • Cantona84
    7498 posts League Winner

kmH2PQC]gullit.jpg
    Iconman36 wrote: »
    OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!

It’s quite ok being happy about getting something in return for 400$

The money being used on this game during TOTY is insane
  • xHerdie
    What’s a good price for mid vieira guys?
  • krakos000
    17475 posts World Class
    Might buy 93 Baresi.

Lmk how he is fam
  • nathswfc
    1472 posts Play-Off Hero
    xHerdie wrote: »

Ive just paid 2.28. Not bothered as he was selling at 2.7 few days before toty n seen a few last night selling at 2.3. Never used him before so hoping hes as big of an impact as people say he js
  • xHerdie
    nathswfc wrote: »
    xHerdie wrote: »

Ive just paid 2.28. Not bothered as he was selling at 2.7 few days before toty n seen a few last night selling at 2.3. Never used him before so hoping hes as big of an impact as people say he js

I added that one to my watch list haha. Guy had it at 2.31 at first but didn’t sell. I wasn’t sure if that was a “good” deal.

I’m still torn between Vieira plus Matuidi or Petit and another icon mid