Fifa 19 Icon review/price discussion thread

Comments

• LeonidasJB
    15028 posts World Class
    Elias006 wrote: »
    Looking for an LW in a 4-3-3 setup. Budget around 1,5 million. Must be able to cut in and shoot, so that rules out Stoichkov and Rivaldo (I suppose).

Opinions on 90 Henry vs 91/89 Nedved or any other suggestions for that position?

Stoichkov can still damage cutting in. Just drive it rather than finesse.
  • MikeyP_FC
    13191 posts Has That Special Something
    Kloral wrote: »
    When the infamous baby icon sbc does hit, how fast do you think they are going to come crashing down?

Most will crash, I don’t see Eus/R9/gullit moving

Of course they will
  • PeopleReady
    1710 posts Play-Off Hero
    MikeyP_FC wrote: »
    When the infamous baby icon sbc does hit, how fast do you think they are going to come crashing down?

Of course they will

I don’t see demand for them lessening.
  • mjs4p
    11095 posts Has That Special Something
    EA won’t change the icon pick concept. It’s “the big thing” for this year, despite being a failure because it wasn’t thought out. The only hope is that they release a very cheap set along with some top tier Icons, or a base Icon SBC. Otherwise, the market will be a disaster all year.
  • M98H
    13169 posts Has That Special Something
    Prime Stoichkov elite?
  • knightrider
    210 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    abbey621 wrote: »
    Blarix wrote: »
    vneklw wrote: »
    New icon set tonight EA pls pls!!!

Nah they are going to scrap the picks it's not feasible. They going to let this set 3 run out than release them like last year.

Nah, icon set 4 is coming this weekend, EA plans to release all the icons in sets, it's already coded. We might even see two sets released at a time, one with heavy hitters, one with scrubs like Shevchenko and Costa.

agreed they'll see it as an alternative to Base Icon SBC
  • vneklw
    2391 posts Fans' Favourite
    Story of my life...

3QqeX2b.jpg
  • MikeyP_FC

Of course they will

I agree. But Demand is not the only influence on price, right?
  • MikeyP_FC

Of course they will

I agree. But Demand is not the only influence on price, right?

Doesn’t matter right now imo, though. I don’t think we will see a base SBC for months. Just hope we get some fodder icon SBCs soon
  • James Libby
    5943 posts Big Money Move

You figure out what you're doing yet, mate? How's your current team?
  • TakeItSlow
    7864 posts League Winner
    There's 74 icons in total. We've had 15 thus far meaning they need to release another 59 icons. The final icons last year, mainly Pele were on the 12th of April. Gullit was the 22nd of March.

Going by this time frame, where prime icons go on until early April releases lets see how we can fit 59 icon releases within the next 5 months.

So, 59 to go and you have 5 months left, that's almost 12 icons a month for the rest of the game, sounds great. But what has the schedule been so far and are they following any patterns from last year?

First icon release last year was on the 12th of October, the second release was the 2nd of November, third was on the 23rd of November and fourth on the 7th of December.

First icon release this year was on the 15th of October, the second release was the 26th of October and third currently the 17th of November. So, if we're going by last years awful release timing we may well have to wait until next week. HOWEVER...

There's more icons this year, in fact there's a massive 34 more prime icon SBC's for them to release compared to last year, almost double the amount, yet currently we're getting them at a similar velocity. Having 9 days between the first release and second this year, and then 22 days between second and third is very stranger. Now we're currently at 13 days since the last release and EA have a situation where they have to squeeze 59 more prime SBC's into 5 months.

On the flip side by this point last year we had 8 icons and we've had 15 this year meaning they are essentially giving us them at a double rate which is what should be happening.

TL;DR - expect the next batch to be next week and then another batch of 5 just before Christmas.
  • Navraat
    3516 posts National Call-Up
    Maybe they're revisiting the Icons Set?

Last one was exploitable and the ones before were more expensive than their market version
  • Reus
    22754 posts Club Captain
    Navraat wrote: »
    Maybe they're revisiting the Icons Set?

Last one was exploitable and the ones before were more expensive than their market version

This is ea

Probably finding a way to make them worse
  • WonderMouse
    2068 posts Fans' Favourite
    Obviously we'd all like Icon prices to come down. But at this point I just want to do an SBC for one at a reasonable price. A set that costs maybe 1.5 mill that's made up of icons who's tradeable price is between 1.9 and 2.3 would be perfect.
  • Fleischmichel
    220 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Wanted to buy 90 Henry yesterday, did not have enough coins to buy him immediately for the around 1,8 kk he was at that time (pc prices ....). Now today after i sold some stuff he is over 2kk bid and actually sells for that. Wtf people ?
  • NornIron
    12054 posts Has That Special Something
    Hopefully the next icon sbc is tonight and Nedved is in it.
  • Mic2904
    2006 posts Fans' Favourite
    NornIron wrote: »
    Hopefully the next icon sbc is tonight and Nedved is in it.

prepare for disappointment....
  • Blarix
    20845 posts Club Captain

Of course they will

Why would they?

Since you so sure say why.
  • Blarix
    20845 posts Club Captain
    M98H wrote: »
    Prime Stoichkov elite?

Elite of the elite.
  • Matnevesbra
    1126 posts Professional
    Mid dinho x prime socrates x baby cruyff? Which one?
  • Gabbalala
    3311 posts National Call-Up
    3.3M on 2CMs and a CDM please guys. Go go go. Icons only :) :P
  • Cbreeza
    241 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Should I be selling whilst my icons are high? Assuming the sbc is dropping tonight
  • jpsblue
    4192 posts National Call-Up
    i posted a few hours ago how i got prime raul for 1.9m about 8 weeks ago, and how he was 2.4m today, well i just looked on ps4. 2.98 MINIMUM for prime raul

jesus christ this is mad
  • vneklw

You figure out what you're doing yet, mate? How's your current team?

@James Libby

Yeah I have! I’ll post it once I get it as to avoid the lurkers but I have an idea of what I want. Hoping for a new icon set though.
  • TitanXX
    456 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Butra 90 or 92 better then prime Larsson? Im playing 433-4
  • vneklw
    Well I thought I knew what team I want but seems that even just considering a team makes prices go up 10 percent on the players I want...
  • Blarix
    20845 posts Club Captain
    Well I thought I knew what team I want but seems that even just considering a team makes prices go up 10 percent on the players I want...

:D

It just keeps going up.

2a529c8e4fc1f07fdd9137d84436ef77.png
  • Olleman
    13269 posts Has That Special Something
    I lied about 89 Cruyff. Best I've tried so far. In smooth gameplay he is unstoppable. I think I will do his prime if I only can chose one because of this man now
  • Snadeau
    1218 posts Professional
    Olleman wrote: »
    I lied about 89 Cruyff. Best I've tried so far. In smooth gameplay he is unstoppable. I think I will do his prime if I only can chose one because of this man now

Really enjoyed 89 cruyff, complements CR7 very well. If I can get a nice pull from rewards this month, I’d like to get him again to join Eusebio and CR7
  • Zephiasco
    105 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited November 2018
    Nice Prime Icon Set 4 is out good job EA 👏

.......................... 😑