Fifa 19 Icon review/price discussion thread

Comments

• Juked By Neymar
    3456 posts National Call-Up
    Alright. I'm struggling to decide.
    Which player do you guys think is best to build a team around going forward AND will hold their value reasonably well?

Looking at NIF Messi, Prime Seedorf, Neymar

Also a bit curious about some of the CB's, would anyone spend 3/4 of their coins on one of them?

Messi.

think Prime Seedorf will drop quite a bit?
  • PeopleReady
    1710 posts Play-Off Hero
    Which player do you guys think is best to build a team around going forward AND will hold their value reasonably well?

Also a bit curious about some of the CB's, would anyone spend 3/4 of their coins on one of them?

Messi.

think Prime Seedorf will drop quite a bit?

He may, but I found him unimpressive and not worthy of centerpiece status.
  • maymanpele
    14389 posts Has That Special Something
    Just played my 100th game with 91 Lord Ronaldinho in which he finished with 3 goals and assists. He now has 147 goals and 92 assists with a single yellow card in 100 appearances for me. The man is a legitimate cheat.
  • BcfcDale88
    3712 posts National Call-Up

I spent all my coins on Prime Rio. He’s solid. Only lost one tonight.
  • PeopleReady
    1710 posts Play-Off Hero
    maymanpele wrote: »
    Just played my 100th game with 91 Lord Ronaldinho in which he finished with 3 goals and assists. He now has 147 goals and 92 assists with a single yellow card in 100 appearances for me. The man is a legitimate cheat.

If I could skill more I’d 100% use R10. But he’d be wasted with me.
  • Milanista28
    1168 posts Professional
    DDawkins33 wrote: »
    Is Baby Gullit worth it?

Horrible stamina and with the new patch will become worse.
  • Longbow
    144 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Would Socrates make a good CM? And is there a big difference between the 87 and 89? Other than the stamina they look pretty much the same.

Been looking for socrates review as well

89 Socrates is way better than the 87. 87 felt slow and clunky, whereas 89 felt OP.

Just got him (89 Socrates) last night. I need a central Brazilian Icon. He is good. Strong, imposing and score goals with either foot.

My fear is that he will turn like a truck or clunky, he is not. Definitely usable. I’ve used Prime and mid Cruyff. He is not as good in terms of finesse shots or dribbling but better in terms of strength and stamina.
  • maymanpele
    14389 posts Has That Special Something
    Longbow wrote: »
    Would Socrates make a good CM? And is there a big difference between the 87 and 89? Other than the stamina they look pretty much the same.

Been looking for socrates review as well

89 Socrates is way better than the 87. 87 felt slow and clunky, whereas 89 felt OP.

Just got him (89 Socrates) last night. I need a central Brazilian Icon. He is good. Strong, imposing and score goals with either foot.

My fear is that he will turn like a truck or clunky, he is not. Definitely usable. I’ve used Prime and mid Cruyff. He is not as good in terms of finesse shots or dribbling but better in terms of strength and stamina.

I'll get him back when I have the coins, or when his sbc is out. I upgraded to 91 ronaldinho and it's been worth it. I can't wait to use them both in the same team.
  • trenraider
    42 posts Last Pick at the Park
    What the hell is wrong with the middle version Lothar Matthäus , he is trash with a capital T for me.

Got middle version Patty V though what a savage.

Trying to find a physical presence up front though . Have 2.3 million left someone fast , good dribbling & can win a header. Sounds like CR7 lol but don't want him.
  • MikeyP_FC
    12985 posts Has That Special Something

If I could skill more I’d 100% use R10. But he’d be wasted with me.

Buy him and learn a few moves, just takes time but it’s so fun
  • trenraider wrote: »
    What the hell is wrong with the middle version Lothar Matthäus , he is trash with a capital T for me.

Trying to find a physical presence up front though . Have 2.3 million left someone fast , good dribbling & can win a header. Sounds like CR7 lol but don't want him.

Yeah you described CR7, but prime Raul probably fits that mold too. The 88 was great for me
  • Navraat
    3360 posts National Call-Up
    trenraider wrote: »

Raul fits the description. Also winning goalkicks has to do with the goalkeeper as well, I've yet to lose one with Neuer while I lost countless with Courtois
  • Agent Murhawk
    8265 posts League Winner
    0a873ffc11a975f06d0e36f6994cfbc1.jpg

Is Eusebio worth the huge downgrade in the midfield or should i just spend my coins another way?

daa593e353c1c6e3c856b473925a3f9c.jpg

• Navraat
    edited November 2018

Is Eusebio worth the huge downgrade in the midfield or should i just spend my coins another way?

No way, you already have hazard and ron upfront

Midfield is super important especially when you will play drop back every game

btw whats ur opinion on Rio?
  • Agent Murhawk
    8265 posts League Winner
    Navraat wrote: »

No way, you already have hazard and ron upfront

Midfield is super important especially when you will play drop back every game

btw whats ur opinion on Rio?
    He’s a huge upgrade over Varane for me, will either straight up bully others and win the ball or catch up to them.
  • Ghotti
    2877 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited November 2018
    lets see how it working on + after 4 games Gerrard and Nedved i`ve got mixed feelings about eusebio...

3354822bc9864ef1.png
  • Navraat
    Need Figo to complete this trio

Ronaldinho LST - Raul RST
    Figo CAM

6-A40-ECD9-0556-4-C2-B-B2-D0-9-AE5-FB2578-F9.jpg

• Campino
    27153 posts Player of the Year
    edited November 2018
    Ok, so Zola won’t last now....

Thinking Cruyff in this as a pair with Mbappe upfront with Mahrez at CAM?

Would ideally like to keep Szczesny so will probably grab a Icon CB when the times right. Desailly would fit and leave him on 7 chem, Rabiot can then be replaced as well. I have 2.85 plus another 700k in high rated cards for an SBC. Thoughts on a striker to pair with Mbappe, not a bad first owner team I don’t think

2a9b9u1.jpg
  • WonderMouse
    2068 posts Fans' Favourite
    Campino wrote: »

Would ideally like to keep Szczesny so will probably grab a Icon CB when the times right. Desailly would fit and leave him on 7 chem, Rabiot can then be replaced as well. I have 2.85 plus another 700k in high rated cards for an SBC. Thoughts on a striker to pair with Mbappe, not a bad first owner team I don’t think

2a9b9u1.jpg

Tbh if I had your team of untradeables I'd put every coin I had (leaving some to trade if you want) into the best Icon striker I could afford. So Cruyff/Raul etc
  • Campino

2a9b9u1.jpg

Tbh if I had your team of untradeables I'd put every coin I had (leaving some to trade if you want) into the best Icon striker I could afford. So Cruyff/Raul etc

Debating Cruyff or Eusebio

Maybe Henry
  • TakeItSlow
    7333 posts Big Money Move

2a9b9u1.jpg

If you want to finish high in champs etc I'd be switching Alonso, Bailly, Benatia, Rabiot and Gini out with that 2.8m then waiting for a top tier icon attacker SBC to dump Zola and the high rated cards into.
  • Campino
    TakeItSlow wrote: »

2a9b9u1.jpg

If you want to finish high in champs etc I'd be switching Alonso, Bailly, Benatia, Rabiot and Gini out with that 2.8m then waiting for a top tier icon attacker SBC to dump Zola and the high rated cards into.

I don’t care about weekend league finishes
  • HeroBent
    4643 posts National Call-Up

2a9b9u1.jpg

Maybe Henry

Eusebio or Henry. What about a player like prime Kluivert, and getting a top end icon midfielder instead?
  • WonderMouse

2a9b9u1.jpg

Maybe Henry

All would be awesome I imagine
  • Campino
    edited November 2018
    HeroBent wrote: »

2a9b9u1.jpg

Maybe Henry

Eusebio or Henry. What about a player like prime Kluivert, and getting a top end icon midfielder instead?

Special K was too clunky
  • BcfcDale88
    3712 posts National Call-Up
    Rio is a dream at the back reads the game so well can’t wait for the next update when tackles are are actually tackles
  • Nicku32
    2169 posts Fans' Favourite

@maymanpele Finally grabbed him last night (Slightly over value 2.544k PS4 but I was growing impatient) So far he has scored 5, 3 assists in 3 games! Gonna take me a little getting used to, and i've gotta try and not use him to press defensively as his stamina isn't the best but I feel its gonna be a fun card to use! Do you still use him at CAM?
  • Andy99TradeZ
    14057 posts Has That Special Something
    As a cam in 433(4)

Prime baggio or prime Nedved?
  • Gamble
    515 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Picked up Prime Cruyff. I had a mess around with Prime MVB last night and couldn't believe how good his finishing was.

Hoping this combo is dreamy.
  • WonderMouse
    Who is the one big target to aim for R9, Eusebio, Cruyff or TOTY Ronaldo?

Leaning towards either R94 or TOTY Ron.

Need a big aim to motivate me to trade more