Fifa 19 Icon review/price discussion thread

Comments

• sturges12345
    3010 posts National Call-Up
    edited November 2018
    Is raul 88 noticeably better than players like griezmann, dybala etc.
  • vneklw
    2391 posts Fans' Favourite
    Really close to pulling the trigger on prime Seedorf. Kinda want a player I'm not "upgrading" later on in the year, curious on other suggestions in the sub 1.5M range that are worth building a team around

Used him for 20 games. Very good player

Anyone else you'd suggest in place of him? best at CCAM I'm guessing?

Butra is class if you need a striker
  • BaseCamp
    877 posts Semi-Pro
    edited November 2018
    I played a lot of draft recently.

The Icons you get a ton right now are:

1) 88 George Best (Probably 70% of drafts more than any other one)
    2) Prime Seedorf
    3) Prime Nedved
    4) Prime Moore
    5) 88 Lehmann
    6) 91 Cruyff
    7) 86 Trezeguet
    8) 87 Klose
    9) 88 Baresi

All different icon sets I'd assume for these. Seedorf with Nedved and Klose would make sense. Moore with Baresi and Lehmann. Best and Cruyff are different tiers all together.

I'm not sure how good of indicator draft is for future Icon SBCs. If it is I'd bet on Seedorf / Nedved.
  • Scutch
    11131 posts Has That Special Something
    vneklw wrote: »
    Played a few games of 18 today. Man I wish I could afford prime R9 again this year, that card is just nuts.

18 should have been 19.
  • mjs4p
    11092 posts Has That Special Something
    Played a few games of 18 today. Man I wish I could afford prime R9 again this year, that card is just nuts.

I miss him so much. :'( He made the game worth playing every time I turned it on.
  • WonderMouse
    2068 posts Fans' Favourite

I also played some 18 today. Every game feels like it's in really sluggish, slow gameplay.
  • Rb10119
    1907 posts Play-Off Hero
    Blarix wrote: »
    giphy.gif

Test gif.

How you play with that camera angle lol cant even see the other side of the pitch
  • Reus
    22556 posts Club Captain
    Cloudio7 wrote: »

550k better than the 90?

I couldn't feel a difference
  • Bobby7
    69 posts Park Captain
    Any opinions on prime Zola or Hagi for CAM in 4-2-3-1?
  • Blarix
    20838 posts Club Captain
    Rb10119 wrote: »
    giphy.gif

Test gif.

How you play with that camera angle lol cant even see the other side of the pitch

are you supposed to see the other side of the pitch if the ball is past half way line?

What camera angle do you use?
  • NornIron
    11413 posts Has That Special Something
    Just using prime Nedved in a draft, had forgot he was probably my favourite ever icon. If he's not in the next icon sbc I will not be happy.
  • vneklw
    mjs4p wrote: »

I miss him so much. :'( He made the game worth playing every time I turned it on.

Exactly. I have the best icon team possible on there more or less and it’s so much fun.
  • vneklw

I also played some 18 today. Every game feels like it's in really sluggish, slow gameplay.

What?! I felt the exact opposite. Way smoother than 19 is atm.
  • mjs4p
    11092 posts Has That Special Something
    mjs4p wrote: »

Exactly. I have the best icon team possible on there more or less and it’s so much fun.

Likewise. I miss it!
  • Dodds
    7810 posts League Winner
    cHu9qWF.jpg

Thinking of making this however I usually play 4231 so it'll end up like this;

Perisic
    Pogba - Seedorf - Mbappe
    Naing - Makelele

I was thinking of using that 87 Rivaldo instead of Seedorf? Or is there anyone I should be using instead, I've got about 3.5m with the players I already have ticked.
  • WonderMouse
    2068 posts Fans' Favourite

Do you play divisions or friendlies? I was playing div 1 games and my POTY Neymar and Prime R10 felt just like my Jesus and Sane do in 19! Felt like playing on a friday at 6pm gmt during a promo
  • DOMinant
    1500 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited November 2018
    DOMinant wrote: »
    Really close to pulling the trigger on prime Seedorf. Kinda want a player I'm not "upgrading" later on in the year, curious on other suggestions in the sub 1.5M range that are worth building a team around

Obviously by no means guaranteed, but I’ve played against him 3/3 games on draft today!

hmmm interesting! Just tough to take a 15k gamble with iffy odds ;) How did he play?

Yeah he seemed really good to be fair!! Had a big presence seemed taller and stronger than I expected. (I haven’t used him only against him)
  • vneklw

Do you play divisions or friendlies? I was playing div 1 games and my POTY Neymar and Prime R10 felt just like my Jesus and Sane do in 19! Felt like playing on a friday at 6pm gmt during a promo

Divisions man. Gameplay felt super fast. Maybe just because I’m used to 19 now though.
  • Whoman
    5392 posts Big Money Move
    edited November 2018
    @Blarix Ragesold the 88 Figo after 5 games on Saturday and i never do that :D I scored a whopping 1 goal in 5 matches (the whole team, not Figo !) and that was the single worst stretch i had this FIFA, all against pretty bad opoosition as well. And basically just slotted him in for Götze Flashback in the team, so really no other changes. While i am fully aware it is irrational, i doubt i'll give any Figo another go :D

Bought the 88 Best today to headline my 2nd team and am pretty impressed so far. Only drawback is i could only really use him on 6/7 chem starting at LM or ST in my Main team unless i make major changes. Or he'd replace Bale and not really sure about that switch, either.

Anyway, the combination of burst, ball controll and agility is pretty neat on that card.

@Dodds Would personally move Seedorf back to CDM, Perisic to LM/LAM and get a striker instead. Not sure how that is looking budget wise, but maybe someone like Klose or 88 Raul instead of Makelele. He's likely really good at what he does (defend), but would think that Nain/Seedorf are just fine at CDM.
  • DougInskip
    6358 posts League Winner
    No way that prime Nedved is better than Prime Dinho?
  • Dodds
    7810 posts League Winner
    @Whoman cheers for that, really enjoyed NIF Perisic at striker the past two weekends. He's got around 65 goals in 57 games, his 5* WF around the box is a joke!
  • MikeyP_FC
    12984 posts Has That Special Something
    @Dodds like the squad but I would move Pogba to CDM or at minimum CCAM and get someone faster out wide
  • LFC Simon 98
    17262 posts World Class
    Dodds wrote: »
    cHu9qWF.jpg

Perisic
    Pogba - Seedorf - Mbappe
    Naing - Makelele

I was thinking of using that 87 Rivaldo instead of Seedorf? Or is there anyone I should be using instead, I've got about 3.5m with the players I already have ticked.

@Dodds

Rivaldo, the go

Mbappe
    Pogba - Perisic - Rivaldo imo
  • Andy99TradeZ
    14057 posts Has That Special Something
    Christ.

Butra is crazy good
  • WAWRINKA21
    3 posts Ball Boy
    edited November 2018
    i bought baby seedorf for 820k :D
  • Evening All,

I'd be interested to know whether any of you prefer Prime Eusebio over Prime Cruyff? I currently have Prime Cruyff but was wondering whether Eusebio is a better/more enjoyable card. I'm on PS4 and the price is virtually the same between them at the moment. Cheers in advance.
  • PeopleReady
    1710 posts Play-Off Hero
    ZeDan wrote: »
    Evening All,

I'd be interested to know whether any of you prefer Prime Eusebio over Prime Cruyff? I currently have Prime Cruyff but was wondering whether Eusebio is a better/more enjoyable card. I'm on PS4 and the price is virtually the same between them at the moment. Cheers in advance.

I’ve been pushing Eusebio since the first week
  • kalka
    159 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Rage seeling in my team. Loss about 1,1 mln taxes etc with my whole budget squad but dont care. This game is really broken and i dont understand why when i have all icon formation they are runing like stupid donkeys. Example Vieira + Kante was great but Vieira + Petit is disaster. Rio + Varane are great but Rio + Blanc was disasster. WTF
  • Dodds
    7810 posts League Winner
    Dodds wrote: »
    cHu9qWF.jpg

Perisic
    Pogba - Seedorf - Mbappe
    Naing - Makelele

@Dodds

Rivaldo, the go

Mbappe
    Pogba - Perisic - Rivaldo imo

Rivaldo the what?