Fifa 19 Icon review/price discussion thread

Comments

• vneklw
    2391 posts Fans' Favourite
    Gamble wrote: »
    vneklw wrote: »
    Just packed Messi, somehow, in those promos - so now got 3m or so to play with on top of my team.

Prime Vieira or prime Matthaus is the question of the day - any thoughts? Or any better ways to clear 3m?

Team?

9a6aad1d1bbaf20208b7fffcd0e69f59.png

As it stands

Think Lothar suits that formation well. Could bomb up and down the pitch like no tomorrow. I find that the CM's in that formation get a lot of space. Another option is upgrading Mbappe to Best. Or Pique to an icon?

I think you could afford Blanc and Lothar with that budget?
  • emptihad
    47 posts Park Captain
    edited November 2018
    Quick question guys:
    Which attack should perform better between:

IF Ben Yedder(LAM) - Griezmann(CAM) - IF Hulk(RAM)
    89 Trezeguet(ST)

4-2-3-1 narrow formation

and

85 Zola (LAM) - Griezmann(RAM)
    IF Ben Yedder(LST) - IF Hulk(RST)

4-2-2-2 formation.

Thanks!
    Edit: Also, is 85 Zola better than his 87 version because of the composure?
    Post edited by emptihad on
  • mjs4p
    11095 posts Has That Special Something
    Blarix wrote: »
    DOMinant wrote: »
    Question about Cruyff. Although he has a 5* weak foot I’m struggling to get him to shoot with his left... always seems to do an outside the foot shot instead. Any ideas why?!

Thank you !!!!

I don't get that either line him up perfect takes shot with his outside foot. Scores mad goals but i think his card might be glitched

It’s the game engine unfortunately. Perisic, Mkhitaryan, and Dembele all do the same thing. So dumb.
  • Cantonas Collar
    1588 posts Play-Off Hero
    Dont know whether to go for R94 or get CR7 and a few other legends like Figo around him.
  • kalka
    159 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    4231- 98 Pele CCAM and 92 Raul ST or 95 Pele and 94 Cruyff ST ?
  • hjdjydyufu
    8822 posts League Winner
    maymanpele wrote: »
    hjdjydyufu wrote: »
    hjdjydyufu wrote: »
    Anybody used Kluveirt or Larsson?

They both look good stat wise.

Any versions

Baby Larsson was great in a 2 striker formation for me

Thanks
  • Gamble
    533 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Just packed Messi, somehow, in those promos - so now got 3m or so to play with on top of my team.

Prime Vieira or prime Matthaus is the question of the day - any thoughts? Or any better ways to clear 3m?

Team?

As it stands

Think Lothar suits that formation well. Could bomb up and down the pitch like no tomorrow. I find that the CM's in that formation get a lot of space. Another option is upgrading Mbappe to Best. Or Pique to an icon?

Thanks mate.
    Yeah I love the way the CM's play in this formation.
    Went with Prime Lothar. Grabbed him for 2.2 in the end, will replace KDB in that team I think!
    Did toy with the idea of prime Best, but Mbappe's cost to output ratio is just insane.
  • nathswfc
    1486 posts Play-Off Hero
    Dont know whether to go for R94 or get CR7 and a few other legends like Figo around him.

R94 is an animal. Cr7 is good but r9 is just different gravy
  • vneklw
    2391 posts Fans' Favourite

Team?

As it stands

Thanks mate.
    Went with Prime Lothar. Grabbed him for 2.2 in the end, will replace KDB in that team I think!
    Did toy with the idea of prime Best, but Mbappe's cost to output ratio is just insane.

Nice man don't think you'll be disappointed. Are you gonna upgrade Pique or stick with him to keep Alba in there?
  • Littleland95
    17143 posts Moderator
    mjs4p wrote: »
    Blarix wrote: »
    DOMinant wrote: »
    Question about Cruyff. Although he has a 5* weak foot I’m struggling to get him to shoot with his left... always seems to do an outside the foot shot instead. Any ideas why?!

Thank you !!!!

I don't get that either line him up perfect takes shot with his outside foot. Scores mad goals but i think his card might be glitched

It’s the game engine unfortunately. Perisic, Mkhitaryan, and Dembele all do the same thing. So dumb.

I've noticed the same on the 89 card.

He has the " Outside Foot Shot" trait. Probably why.
  • emptihad
    47 posts Park Captain
    emptihad wrote: »
    Quick question guys:
    Which attack should perform better between:

IF Ben Yedder(LAM) - Griezmann(CAM) - IF Hulk(RAM)
    89 Trezeguet(ST)

4-2-3-1 narrow formation

and

85 Zola (LAM) - Griezmann(RAM)
    IF Ben Yedder(LST) - IF Hulk(RST)

4-2-2-2 formation.

Thanks!
    Edit: Also, is 85 Zola better than his 87 version because of the composure?

Anyone?
  • Cantonas Collar
    1588 posts Play-Off Hero
    nathswfc wrote: »

Just need him to drop slightly.
  • nathswfc
    1486 posts Play-Off Hero

How much you wanting to get him for? I got him about 2 weeks ago for 4.4 buy now
  • Mc
    3945 posts National Call-Up
    Mc wrote: »
    Who would you pick for cm role.

89 Socrates

Or

91 matthaus

Anyone?
  • nathswfc
    1486 posts Play-Off Hero
    Who would you pick for cm role.

89 Socrates

Or

91 matthaus

Anyone?

Socrates for an attacking cm or matthaus for defending. Depends what your after really imo
  • Daveofwales01
    8388 posts League Winner
    Need a striker, really enjoyed griezmann loan but don't want to buy if the market is gonna crash and make me lose a lot, should I just get cr7 as he's usually crash proof or are any others crash proof as I had him last year for months, thanks

Anyone??

CR7 gone down almost 100k the last week.

Yea I bought him, wish I didn't tbh, he's good and a but I'm not so he doesn't really work as well for me, he scores goals just not fun cos I'm not much of a dribbler/skiller
  • Bilbao_Baggins
    3954 posts National Call-Up
    Who shall i buy next for my ex united team. I have Prime Rio. Looking at doing Prime Larsson or getting in Ruud Van Mistake of. Or do I just get Scholes,Keane Or Veron? Who would make the biggest impact to my team. I play a narrow 41212
  • Cantonas Collar
    1588 posts Play-Off Hero

How much you wanting to get him for? I got him about 2 weeks ago for 4.4 buy now

4.4 is a great price.

I’m sitting on 4.9 at the moment, I’ve got no idea if he’ll drop much if there’s a crash but I’ll get him if I can.
  • Mc
    3945 posts National Call-Up

4.4 is a great price.

I’m sitting on 4.9 at the moment, I’ve got no idea if he’ll drop much if there’s a crash but I’ll get him if I can.

He won’t drop. He’ll keep going up as he did last year
  • nathswfc
    1486 posts Play-Off Hero

4.4 is a great price.

I personally cant see him dropping much, even on BF i think his price will rise given everyone will be buying back for their teams and theres never alot of R94s on the market so the cheapest ones will go straight away
  • JJbx7
    73 posts Park Captain
    Sold cr7. Felt useless in this gameplay think im gonna go for Nedved and Figo or try my best to get a prime Best under 1.9
  • Cantonas Collar
    1588 posts Play-Off Hero

4.4 is a great price.

I personally cant see him dropping much, even on BF i think his price will rise given everyone will be buying back for their teams and theres never alot of R94s on the market so the cheapest ones will go straight away

I’ve seen him just above 5 so hopefully I can get him for around that then.

Do you use him as a lone ST?
  • nathswfc
    1486 posts Play-Off Hero

4.4 is a great price.

I’ve seen him just above 5 so hopefully I can get him for around that then.

Do you use him as a lone ST?

Yes mate 4231. Nedved and mbappe as wide cams. Ronaldo has 310 goals in 140 games i think it is, an absolute beast!
  • Gamble
    533 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited November 2018

Team?

As it stands

Thanks mate.

Nice man don't think you'll be disappointed. Are you gonna upgrade Pique or stick with him to keep Alba in there?

So far only managed one game with him, scored a banger too. Seems like the most pure box-to-box midfielder i've used yet.

I'll probably stick with Pique for a bit to be honest, quite enjoying him surprisingly. Much prefer him to Ramos/Varane - wouldn't mind getting 91 Blanc again though.
    Post edited by Gamble on
  • SKhan31
    1032 posts Professional
    88 Best with two hattricks in a row. Saving me this WL
  • Mid Crespo vs Mid Kluivert guys?

ST 4111
  • hoban95
    49783 posts FIFA Cover Star

The countdown to Super Frank continues.
  • Scutch
    11873 posts Has That Special Something
    edited November 2018
    No more Icons in my team. Sold Crespo. Back to CR7. He’s just better than almost every other player in this game. And with Messi behind him, I’m enjoying things a little more.
  • ccooaattssyy
    8482 posts League Winner
    91 Seedorf reviews?
  • Andybelfast
    10957 posts Has That Special Something
    Prime vieri any good?