The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Fifa 19 Icon review/price discussion thread

Comments

• Gabbalala
    3602 posts National Call-Up
    tetsu0jin wrote: »
    Gabbalala wrote: »

Hey. Im thinking of selling my whole team and get Cruyff. Which version is the best? Obv the prime but are the other versions not much different? Also can i play him in a 2 striker formation? And what chem style u use?

From what others have said, there's very little difference between the versions, definitely not 2-3M worth. I have have the baby version and I have marksman on him.
  • tetsu0jin
    1863 posts Fans' Favourite

Hey. Im thinking of selling my whole team and get Cruyff. Which version is the best? Obv the prime but are the other versions not much different? Also can i play him in a 2 striker formation? And what chem style u use?

From what others have said, there's very little difference between the versions, definitely not 2-3M worth. I have have the baby version and I have marksman on him.

Is he good as a cam in a 4312? Wanna have cr7 as my st and in serie A only thing i couldnt find is a good cam.
  • Gabbalala

Is he good as a cam in a 4312? Wanna have cr7 as my st and in serie A only thing i couldnt find is a good cam.

Yeah, from looking at his stats he would be a quality CAM but his all round attacking play is so good I'd defo want him playing higher up rather than further back. Dybala is a good option for CAM in the Serie A, or the IF Insigne.
  • Craftydevil
    164 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Hey guys sold my team got bored of having a really good team already, thinking of doing RTG around 1 icon and starting with non rare golds. who do you think would be best out of:

Prime Ronaldinho
    Prime Henry
    Gullit 90
    Ronaldo 90
    Prime Eusebio

• ColeWorld
    11312 posts Has That Special Something
    Which icon striker for 700k?
  • WillianDollaBaby
    623 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Literally something random I threw together with cards in my club wasn't expecting it to be any good lol @Blarix

Switch to 41212(2) in game -

Kasper Schmeichel
    Weiser
    Bailly
    Davinson
    Robertson
    Goretzka
    Bellerabi
    Red IF Sabitzer
    POTM Hazard
    Prime Henry
    Baby Cruyff

And then SBC Juanfran comes on for Bellerabi and swaps with Goretzka at CDM.

• Campino
    28407 posts Player of the Year
    Just packed Lukaku in a 25k

Puts me up to 2.1

Johan?
  • WillianDollaBaby
    Campino wrote: »
    Just packed Lukaku in a 25k

Puts me up to 2.1

Johan?

Get the 89 bro you will not regret, doing an absolute madness for me atm in WL.
  • Js734
    543 posts An Exciting Prospect
    M98H wrote: »
    Sold Prime Eusebio for 30k profit.
    He’s easily the best player I’ve used this year. Unreal card

He’s different class, isn’t he? Why did you sell out of interest? Think the price isn’t sustainable?
  • Gabbalala
    edited October 2018
    zohan.jpg

*Actually don't wanna guess how long that took me*
    **Actually don't wanna say how proud I am of it anyway**

:D
  • vneklw
    2391 posts Fans' Favourite
    Hey guys sold my team got bored of having a really good team already, thinking of doing RTG around 1 icon and starting with non rare golds. who do you think would be best out of:

Prime Ronaldinho
    Prime Henry
    Gullit 90
    Ronaldo 90
    Prime Eusebio

Eusebio!

Kinda having the same problem. I have Eusebio atm and could build one of the best possible NIF teams around him too but idk if it’s a bit boring to have a team like that already.
  • M98H
    13639 posts Has That Special Something
    Js734 wrote: »
    M98H wrote: »
    Sold Prime Eusebio for 30k profit.
    He’s easily the best player I’ve used this year. Unreal card

He’s different class, isn’t he? Why did you sell out of interest? Think the price isn’t sustainable?

Play for wins in WL, need me a Vieira to help with that :lol:
  • WillianDollaBaby
    ImpoliteGlumBison-size_restricted.gif

Prime Henry ladies and gents
  • vneklw
    Can afford to build this or something similar around Eusebio but dunno if it would be a bit boring ngl

dRVKag4.jpg
  • Mc
    3945 posts National Call-Up
    Thinking of ditching 87 Socrates for 88 Raul. Good or bad move?

Using Socrates at striker and like his 5*wf
  • M98H
    13639 posts Has That Special Something
    Someone bought a fresh 86 Vieira for 1.4 and re listed straight away for 1.420.000? :joy:
    Enjoy the 50k loss I guess? :joy:
  • Craftydevil
    164 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited October 2018
    vneklw wrote: »

Prime Ronaldinho
    Prime Henry
    Gullit 90
    Ronaldo 90
    Prime Eusebio

Eusebio!

Kinda having the same problem. I have Eusebio atm and could build one of the best possible NIF teams around him too but idk if it’s a bit boring to have a team like that already.

Yeah just want to have a challenge trying to build a team. What does Eusebio play like and what formation suits him best?
  • vneklw

Eusebio!

Kinda having the same problem. I have Eusebio atm and could build one of the best possible NIF teams around him too but idk if it’s a bit boring to have a team like that already.[/quote]

Yeah just want to have a challenge trying to build a team. What does Eusebio play like and what formation suits him best?

[/quote]

Haven’t played many games with him yet but so far it feels like he finishes everything, incredible shooting. And then he’s stupidly fast of course.
  • xFATAL
    5009 posts Big Money Move
    Mc wrote: »
    Thinking of ditching 87 Socrates for 88 Raul. Good or bad move?

Using Socrates at striker and like his 5*wf

87 Socrates was awful at cam for me, Seems like there are many better options than him at striker for a fraction of the price regardless of the 5* wf.
  • smcali23
    1229 posts Professional
    92 butragueño any good? I'm between him, 90 Henry or 89 Socrates for next purchase. I'm leaning towards Socrates as his 87 was a beast for me, but I'm also tempted to try someone new. They'd be playing striker.
  • Gabbalala
    smcali23 wrote: »
    92 butragueño any good? I'm between him, 90 Henry or 89 Socrates for next purchase. I'm leaning towards Socrates as his 87 was a beast for me, but I'm also tempted to try someone new. They'd be playing striker.

Can’t comment on Butra or Henry but Socrates doesn’t feel much like a ST. Personally I’d go with Butra, not a fan of playing an LF/RF at ST tbh.
  • Oscaaaar
    1358 posts Professional
    Which icon makes the best CDM? Budget is 1,4m, looking at prime Keane currently.
  • tetsu0jin
    1863 posts Fans' Favourite
    Baby eusebio or cr7? :expressionless:
  • smcali23
    1229 posts Professional

Can’t comment on Butra or Henry but Socrates doesn’t feel much like a ST. Personally I’d go with Butra, not a fan of playing an LF/RF at ST tbh.

Cheers man. Actually, I kinda messed up my post. Socrates would probably be CF. But that five star weak foot pacey butragueño looks decent. Only issue is the work rates.

• Gabbalala

Cheers man. Actually, I kinda messed up my post. Socrates would probably be CF. But that five star weak foot pacey butragueño looks decent. Only issue is the work rates.

I mean, to throw a spanner in the works..Stretch your budget to 89 Cruyff and it's game over for your opponents! :P
  • MrSoccer
    483 posts An Exciting Prospect
    My Prime Rivaldo review:

Games played: 15 (5 in D3 and 10 in the WL)
    Goals scored: 30
    Assists: 1
    Record: 4-1 in division rivals and 8-2 in the WL.

Formation: mainly 4321 and occasionally 41212(2) or 3421
    Position(s) I played him at: LF, RF, and right striker.

Review:

Exceptional player. I should preface this by saying that I have not used any other icons over 1 mil, but he is by far the best player I've used this game. I don't see how anyone can be a better shooter than he is. I'm not exaggerating when I say he finished almost every single shot I took with him. I took shots from utterly absurd angles to test his abilities and he rarely failed to score. His shot came off like a cannon and even the highest rated keepers would often be left dumbfounded and frozen in their net. It looked warped at times as it would accelerate with ferocity. With 94 curve, 94 shot power, and 94 long shot, his deep shots and finesses were phenomenal. If you sort everyone by those three stats, he is the second highest player in the entire game, behind only Roberto Carlos.

In my opinion, his 94 curve may be the attribute that stood out the most. Whether it was a finesse shot, an early cross, or a threaded through ball, the ball had insane movement to it. His passes would tease cbs as the ball would gracefully skip past them and curve in front of one of my sprinting strikers.

His heading was surprisingly good. I wasn't expecting too much, despite being 6'1, because he only has 75 jumping and 77 heading acc. He won a fair amount of aerial battles and scored some nice goals in the air. With 92 volleys, he scored a few nice overhead kicks too, although I suppose that's nothing special this year.

He has 87 pace and 81 strength. He's not going to blow by fast fullbacks or cbs, but it was certainly adequate. He shielded extremely well (unsurprisingly) and was very hard to dispossess.

So why only 1 assist? Well, it turns out I had very little coins to spend on the rest of my team after I purchased Rivaldo and struggled to finish some easy shots with other players. Rivaldo made at least 5 or 6 gorgeous crosses over the 15 game span that should have been put away by me. Moreover, I missed another 2-3 one on one chances from through balls.

Cons? Weak foot and his weak foot. Did I mention his weak...never mind. But yeah, it was that bad. There was one situation where I did a low cross with another player that essentially megged the keeper and Rivaldo was standing in an open next directly underneath the crossbar. Somehow, when he kicked it with his weak foot it flew up in the air and missed the net completely ( I don't know how it didn't at least hit the cross bar above him). And no, I didn't double tap b. I did score maybe one or two goals with his weak foot though. It's not quite as bad as the situation I just described.

Overall, he tends to favor his stronger foot much more than the average player. Even in situations where I thought he was definitely going to use his right foot, he would go out of his way to use his dominant left foot. Despite his abysmal weak foot, it wasn't a major issue most of the time.
  • o ShifTyZz o
    1426 posts Professional
    SlushyNegligibleCaribou-size_restricted.gif

Cruyff is so sick at the drag back ting

How do you do that?
  • smcali23
    1229 posts Professional

I mean, to throw a spanner in the works..Stretch your budget to 89 Cruyff and it's game over for your opponents! :P

Hmm. Might take another week but that's tempting.

• ColeWorld
    11312 posts Has That Special Something
    Base Vieri is so bad
  • The_Mercillus
    140 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    ColeWorld wrote: »
    Base Vieri is so bad

Agreed.. managed a gtg ratio with him though but missed so many.. finesse shot starts at 88 card and the composure jumps significantly too. I’d say avoid base vieri try 88