Fifa 19 Icon review/price discussion thread

Comments

• ALIST4R
    3874 posts National Call-Up
    So should I just not buy any icons now if I’m sitting on about 1.5m? I feel like prices are WAY too high.
  • PeopleReady
    1710 posts Play-Off Hero
    Don’t buy anything short of a snipe
  • DougInskip
    6497 posts League Winner
    Lol packed Ney in a premium gold, sold, hello baby MVB
  • Milanista28
    1247 posts Professional
    91 Cruyff is fkn immense. 89 Nedved is class as well, Strong as an ox.
  • DougInskip
    6497 posts League Winner
    @ccooaattssyy 3 games in and MVB is beautiful
  • DougInskip
    6497 posts League Winner
    So my next question is, how much difference in game is there between prime and 89 Van Basten? Cause this baby is ruining teams lol I prefer the 89’s pic I think. Using him in this, nothing special, plays brilliant though, next upgrade is Hazard and 88 Seedorf. Obviously Eriksen and Gigi switch.

320-E77-E8-5-D3-F-4-CFA-8-DA0-31-CCD2-B3-A784.jpg
  • Koolfashion
    2687 posts Fans' Favourite
    Prime Henry is on another level. I thought prime Crespo is good :D I enjoy him better than Cruyff tbh. 2,6 mil well spent.
  • Joestoe
    5255 posts Big Money Move
    edited October 2018
    Anyone tried 89 Socrates? Looking to buy him as central CAM in a 4-2-3-1. Don't have enough money for his prime yet. Would like to know if his height makes him clumsy. Looks like a man mountain.
    Post edited by Joestoe on
  • Campino
    27470 posts Player of the Year
    edited October 2018
    The lurkers have always done the same in this thread, year after year

I made a fortune in 17 from it :joy:

(Since then the markets bored me to be honest)
  • Navraat
    3516 posts National Call-Up
    88 Petit is insane value right now much better than Keane who is utter garbage, too slow and too small to win a header, at least he gets strong link to Bailly

But take a look at 88 Petit

91 stamina
    93 aggression
    75 sprint speed
    88 long shots
    84 ball control
    91 interceptions

It says he has -2 less pace than prime but that's a lie since it only has -1 sprint speed and that's the only one that matters. He's also 6'1 and has some unique hair, makes him feel more OP

With Shadow he gets

91 acceleration
    85 sprint speed

He only costs 880k and for that price you get a cheap Vieira with a rocket of a foot

EACAE7-E0-876-F-4-B93-9-EC7-4-C1-A9722784-E.jpg
  • Koolfashion
    Navraat wrote: »
    88 Petit is insane value right now much better than Keane who is utter garbage, too slow and too small to win a header, at least he gets strong link to Bailly

But take a look at 88 Petit

91 stamina
    93 aggression
    75 sprint speed
    88 long shots
    84 ball control
    91 interceptions

It says he has -2 less pace than prime but that's a lie since it only has -1 sprint speed and that's the only one that matters. He's also 6'1 and has some unique hair, makes him feel more OP

With Shadow he gets

91 acceleration
    85 sprint speed

He only costs 880k and for that price you get a cheap Vieira with a rocket of a foot

EACAE7-E0-876-F-4-B93-9-EC7-4-C1-A9722784-E.jpg

I am thinking about selling 88 Veron for this guy. I am playing 4231. Kante-88Veron or Kante - Petit as cdms?
  • EddieFicio
    21938 posts Club Captain
    Are you trying to sell him for 880k? Because he usually is a card worth in the 700s lol
  • Joestoe
    No way he's 880k lol. May as well pay the 120k more for the prime then.
  • Kamilflage
    5180 posts Big Money Move
    edited October 2018

Not sure if joking...or serious... :#
  • Navraat
    Joestoe wrote: »

88 plays better for some reason, I looked at his stats and the 88 has better composure, reactions and aggression which are key stats for winning the ball back
  • Cantona84
    7498 posts League Winner
    @Blarix @Kamilflage @Koolfashion @JimmyVulmer

I am going to do an RTG around one Icon this edition. Who would you recommend doing it around?

The candidates for me so far is Cruyff, Best and Socrates.

Any other suggestions guys?

• Kamilflage
    edited October 2018
    Anyone wanna pick up my 87 Cannavaro for 500k flat? I should have listed it a bit lower but too late now...need the coins ASAP. Someone wanna help me out of a bind? o:)
  • Kamilflage
    edited October 2018
    Cantona84 wrote: »

I am going to do an RTG around one Icon this edition. Who would you recommend doing it around?

@Cantona84
    I'm gonna have to vote in Cruyff on this one as he is a new Icon with a lot of hype around him....
    Best has been around, and Socrates would get boring lol.
    Other candidates perhaps Eusebio or one of the 3 new powerhouse mids, Gerrard Lampard Ballack
  • Joestoe
    Joestoe wrote: »

88 plays better for some reason, I looked at his stats and the 88 has better composure, reactions and aggression which are key stats for winning the ball back

Still rather pay 770k which seems about his price.
  • Navraat
    edited October 2018
    I vote for Prime Cruyff but you'll get bored imo, get 2/3 good icons for that price

You can get 88 Vieira and 91 Cruyff who plays jus as good for the price of prime.
  • Joestoe
    Cantona84 wrote: »

Get Cruyff. 5* 5*, central player with amazing stats. I'm using his prime (yeah, I spent a few pennies) and he won't leave my club till the end of the year.
  • AIeks
    4993 posts National Call-Up
    I see very little Ronaldinho love on here, especially for the 91. For me he's absolutely unreal.

In 18 I played almost 600 games with him, then done the prime and was quite disappointed. I just wanted the 91 back :disappointed:

This year is no different, great shooting, passing and especially dribbling, he's so quick and responsive on the ball, a lot like Neymar, but what sets the 2 apart is strength, it's difficult to out muscle Ronaldinho. Together with his overall ability, shooting and passing wise, combined with his strength and agility / quickness / responsiveness, he's excellent even when the gameplay is delayed and or slow.

For me, only the 2 Gullit's might be bigger game changers, but R10 would still get in the team first.
  • Navraat
    AIeks wrote: »
    I see very little Ronaldinho love on here, especially for the 91. For me he's absolutely unreal.

In 18 I played almost 600 games with him, then done the prime and was quite disappointed. I just wanted the 91 back :disappointed:

This year is no different, great shooting, passing and especially dribbling, he's so quick and responsive on the ball, a lot like Neymar, but what sets the 2 apart is strength, it's difficult to out muscle Ronaldinho. Together with his overall ability, shooting and passing wise, combined with his strength and agility / quickness / responsiveness, he's excellent even when the gameplay is delayed and or slow.

For me, only the 2 Gullit's might be bigger game changers, but R10 would still get in the team first.

Too similar to Hazard/Neymar so not much hype just like Figo who is class but Mbappe does the job
  • Kamilflage

+1...
    Using Dinho myself and I like him better than 91 Cruyff simply because he cant be out muscled. I mentioned earlier on here too that when you pull off dribbles with the defender close to you, Dinho breaks through unlike your smaller weaker players who get robbed or fall over
  • o ShifTyZz o
    1403 posts Professional

I packed him last year from draft. Made me 2.5m at the time but I already had his prime. My issue is I have no desire to use Icons I used last year. Essentially rules out r9, gullit, vieira and dinho
  • Campino
    27470 posts Player of the Year
    Yeah probably not the right place to try and inflate sales with other forumers :joy:
  • Joestoe
    Kamilflage wrote: »

+1...
    Using Dinho myself and I like him better than 91 Cruyff simply because he cant be out muscled. I mentioned earlier on here too that when you pull off dribbles with the defender close to you, Dinho breaks through unlike your smaller weaker players who get robbed or fall over

Anyone of you both tried the 89? Can't afford 91 atm but doubting between 89 Socrates and 89 Dinho. In a CCAM.
  • jenksiee123
    21928 posts Club Captain

Think I'm just burnt out after using his prime for 1000+ games last year. Might get him again later in the year though.
  • Gabbalala
    3311 posts National Call-Up
    Cruyff scoring 5 in my first WL game but I lose because this guy scores 3 kick off goals, 2 rebounds and an own goal. :D **** you
  • Koolfashion
    Anyone tried 86 Gullit? Ill test him in WL and I hope he will perform pretty ok, I know stamina is bad, but otherwise he should do the job.