Fifa 19 Icon review/price discussion thread

Comments

• ccooaattssyy
    7046 posts Big Money Move
    Navraat wrote: »
    No existing icons been touched.

baby Petit got player model update

8huncda81ql31.jpg

With that I meant stats. Good to see they might have changed that.
  • TakeItSlow
    7203 posts Big Money Move
    No primes on launch? That's killed it a bit for me...
  • Sercs
    18623 posts World Class
    Strange move on primes especially given the prime moments version releases felt slow so having both is going to suck, and I don’t even like using sbcs early on
  • Andy (Aj3) mentioned in his last video that there will be a pitch notes article about the icons. Hopefully they atleast inform the people properly with some sort of release dates beforehand.

• BWild
    3158 posts National Call-Up
    I really believe primes will be objective based "play 500 with the middle" etc. Then the primer being an sbc where you turn in the prime. Chu has been more critical of EA since leaving so I do believe him when he says he was won over by whatever they have planned.
  • Blarix
    20823 posts Club Captain
    That drogba looks like a game breaker. Height, speed, stupendous strenght bet they'll cripple him with bad balance and agility to even things out.
  • Eoind
    267 posts Sunday League Hero
    Blarix wrote: »
    That drogba looks like a game breaker. Height, speed, stupendous strenght bet they'll cripple him with bad balance and agility to even things out.

Will still be brilliant
  • Crossland
    7604 posts League Winner

Was thinking the same he's gonna have awful Balance and Agility
  • WFCBagnall
    69618 posts Moderator

One of his cards has 75 balance.

More than good enough for his height and strength aswell.
  • Navraat
    3174 posts National Call-Up
    Navraat wrote: »
    No existing icons been touched.

baby Petit got player model update

8huncda81ql31.jpg

With that I meant stats. Good to see they might have changed that.

They gave Garrincha 4* weakfoot which
    WFCBagnall wrote: »

One of his cards has 75 balance.

More than good enough for his height and strength aswell.

72 agilty and 75 balance with low dribbling

He's gonna be a straight line force your way type player
  • Shaanxz
    20325 posts Club Captain
    Back into defender, use strafe dribbling to face up the defender.
  • Navraat
    3174 posts National Call-Up
    If it's like Fifa 17 then it won't be as good with low dribbling players
  • Scutch
    10526 posts Has That Special Something
    Fifa 17 was the best Fifa for dribbling IMO. You could actually go past players with skills and pace. I loved using George Best in 17. Now, not so much.
  • Sercs
    18623 posts World Class
    Scutch wrote: »
    Fifa 17 was the best Fifa for dribbling IMO. You could actually go past players with skills and pace. I loved using George Best in 17. Now, not so much.

Whatever they do with dribbling they need to nerf skills like la croquette as it’s just silly
  • James Libby
    5283 posts Big Money Move

Best in 17 was the epitome of fun. Great call out.
  • Scutch
    edited September 12

@James Libby

No one came close to Best. Fifa 17 was brilliant for this:

nrFTyLf.gif

KSNXKrX.gif

5BNTvQq.gif

M8sgCWr.gif

awc3C7J.gif

For me, that was the last time you could actually use pace and beat defenders on a Fifa game. It went downhill from Fifa 18 onwards, for me.
  • Diggy
    13619 posts Has That Special Something

@James Libby

No one came close to Best. Fifa 17 was brilliant for this:

nrFTyLf.gif

KSNXKrX.gif

5BNTvQq.gif

M8sgCWr.gif

awc3C7J.gif

For me, that was the last time you could actually use pace and beat defenders on a Fifa game. It went downhill from Fifa 18 onwards, for me.

This is the reason 19 Best went into Gullit
  • RebelRob
    5044 posts Big Money Move
    Prime best felt similarly good fairly early on in 19 for me, but after the patches they ruined him and proper dribbling imo.

Seeing them clips though makes me sad I didn’t get to try best on 17 😢
  • Scutch
    RebelRob wrote: »
    Prime best felt similarly good fairly early on in 19 for me, but after the patches they ruined him and proper dribbling imo.

Seeing them clips though makes me sad I didn’t get to try best on 17 😢

His change of direction speed was unreal. He also had a unique dribbling animation as shown on the first clip like a speeded up La Croqueta.