Fifa 19 Icon review/price discussion thread

Comments

• James Libby
    5151 posts Big Money Move
    Out of interest, is Henry actually good in FIFA?

He's an unstoppable force of nature the likes of which only @LouisQW could truly ponder.
  • Antparry92
    17525 posts World Class
    Best icon SBC to throw base Cannavaro in to? The cheaper the better tbh as I’m strapped for coins but he’s just not getting used
  • Skorpio_King
    4896 posts Big Money Move
  • Grown93
    3348 posts National Call-Up
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    Best icon SBC to throw base Cannavaro in to? The cheaper the better tbh as I’m strapped for coins but he’s just not getting used

Blanc, Van Basten, Kluivert and Bergkamp. All of them just need 2 IFs (wc part)

or just use him in 86 squad of the cheap icons.
  • Antparry92
    17525 posts World Class
    Blanc and MVB are tempting tbf, will have a look
  • DougInskip
    6281 posts League Winner
    Assuming no pims or icon Dynamics this year after Ea retweeted the 3 Hugo Sanchez Cards
  • Scutch
    10337 posts Has That Special Something
    DougInskip wrote: »
    Assuming no pims or icon Dynamics this year after Ea retweeted the 3 Hugo Sanchez Cards

Na no dynamics. I always thought it would be great if every card (certainly from the rare golds>) had dynamics. But someone posted up a reason why they shouldn't. Which I ignored.
  • ccooaattssyy
    6869 posts Big Money Move
    Icons are special cards, I think they should have one (relating to each cards timeframe) across all 3 cards.
  • Edu
    6544 posts Big Money Move
    3 icons is too much, anyways I open more than 1k packs this year and just pulled basic schmeichel.
  • ccooaattssyy
    Will Pirlo be SBC fodder?
  • EddieFicio
    21281 posts Club Captain
    edited August 22
    I saw the kaka thing like 3-4 days ago lol
  • Antparry92
    17525 posts World Class
    Will Pirlo be SBC fodder?
    Never. Regardless if they shaft his stats or not
  • ccooaattssyy
    Hopefully he’s serviceable.
  • ccooaattssyy
    High 70s for pace, top long shots, mid 90s passing, low 90s dribbling, 70+ defending, 70 or so physically.

Medium Medium work rate 4* WF?
  • Crazy Creaky Jr
    2672 posts Fans' Favourite
    High 70s for pace, top long shots, mid 90s passing, low 90s dribbling, 70+ defending, 70 or so physically.

Medium Medium work rate 4* WF?

0 shotpower and 50 stamina prob
  • Hicksy2011
    12827 posts Has That Special Something
    Unfortunately he’s just another player where his anticipation of guys making runs and his ability to spot gaps in defences can’t translate because that part of the game is dictated by the person sat in front of their TV
    Hopefully he gets really high dribbling and a nice shot of acceleration so that you can at least get him in to space and make the most of his passing accuracy
  • ccooaattssyy
    I loved his EoE card tbf
  • Finesse_4days
    6817 posts Big Money Move
    edited August 22

No, not for me anyway I hate the med/med and balance + the chunkiness of his dribble him and I have used both the prime and the PIM. Him and R9 have both been screwed by EA this fifa, Eusebio and the Toty cards are better. Last year he was a lot better becuase of the game mechanics, I used him after the finesse shots were patched early on in the game with slower defenders and the finesse meta he would have been godly. I really hope the don't find a way to make Zidane or Kaka not great in game.
  • James Libby

No, not for me anyway I hate the med/med and balance + the chunkiness of his dribble him and I have used both the prime and the PIM. Him and R9 have both been screwed by EA this fifa, Eusebio and the Toty cards are better. Last year he was a lot better becuase of the game mechanics, I used him after the finesse shots were patched early on in the game with slower defenders and the finesse meta he would have been godly. I really hope the don't find a way to make Zidane or Kaka not great in game.

Don't act like I didn't post BANGERS on your Goal of the Week thread with Henry with the regularity of LouisQW asking a senseless question!!!
  • Antparry92
    17525 posts World Class
    90 R9 or 91 Cruyff?
  • Crazy Creaky Jr
    2672 posts Fans' Favourite
    90 R9 or 91 Cruyff?

Cruyff
  • RebelRob
    4996 posts Big Money Move
    90 R9 or 91 Cruyff?

Cruyff

Used r90 ages ago and apart from being quick he was meh, can imagine tots wby being better at this stage.
  • Fleischmichel
    220 posts Has Potential To Be Special

I hate the med/med and balance + the chunkiness of his dribble

Exactly the same situation for me. Just not worth spending that much on him
  • James Libby

I hate the med/med and balance + the chunkiness of his dribble

Exactly the same situation for me. Just not worth spending that much on him

Oh, but it is!
    HatefulRequiredFirefly.gif
  • Hello Guys, I need Striker Icon under 500k,

what to buy?
  • James Libby
    Rezamoh33 wrote: »
    Hello Guys, I need Striker Icon under 500k,

what to buy?

What to buy?

A striker, surely.
  • Finesse_4days
    6817 posts Big Money Move
    Loan PIM Pele is very disappointing not even that great, out the loans Toty CR7 and Kante have been the best for me.
  • Pugzilla
    15803 posts World Class
    For me looking at a 99 Pele's physical and pace, why didnt EA just max Pele out? Dont understand why he doesnt have 99 pace and like high 80's physical. Lots of TOTS do and Pele is supposed to be the GOAT.
  • Daveofwales01
    8343 posts League Winner
    Pugzilla wrote: »
    For me looking at a 99 Pele's physical and pace, why didnt EA just max Pele out? Dont understand why he doesnt have 99 pace and like high 80's physical. Lots of TOTS do and Pele is supposed to be the GOAT.

Overhyped, played most of his career against potatoes, yes he played well at world cups but his club career was nothing special
  • ccooaattssyy
    I know that Michael Owen will never be the best card on FIFA, but why are they so stingy on some stats for the mid-tier Icons/get them wrong.

90 PAC > 94 PAC (easily justifiable for Prime & Young card).

89 SHO > 91 SHO (increases to shot power & long shots)

70 PAS > 75 PAS (bump up all stats by a few pts. Long passing up to 60 or so).

88 DRI > 91 DRI (slight increase to agility, composure, ball control 1-2).

DEF is OK.

67 PHY > 74 PHY. Good jump up on aggression, around 70 strength.

Medium Medium? For a man who was know for his runs in behind? Medium Medium would suit him at Stoke.

His young card should be High Low.
    Prime the same.
    His 86 card can be High Medium or Medium Medium due to loss of his pace.

Young & Prime 4* skills. 86 3*.

Doesn’t need to be a world beater, but be fair. Shame there’s no where to give this feedback.