Fifa 19 Icon review/price discussion thread

Comments

• sofyanm wrote: »
    Ridd1ckk wrote: »
    Who to play at CDM alongside 86 Vieira? I have De Jong FS but doesn't seem to control the midfield, not sure if to use the extra coins for 88 Vieira and play De Jong.

Currently selling 91 Matthaus (too small) and also have tried 89 Ballack (too stiff). Previously had 85 Blanc but swapped him for Vieira.

Looking for control in a 4-2-3-1.

Team

De Gea
    TAA (FS) - VVD (POTM) - Eder Milato (FS) - Alex Telles (87)

XXXXX - Vieira

Overmars (90) - Eusebio (89) - Best (93)

Ibra (FB)

Also trying to decide the front formation, thinking of putting Best into Striker, possibly swapping Overmars for Vicinius Junior, or bringing in Messi/CR7 for the right CAM role.

Can only do a few of those things though! PC Prices

1. CDM for 1.3m-1.5m (Blanc 85 / Guillit 86 / Rijarkd or Petit? or other?)
    Swap Overmars for Vicinius Junior

2. CDM Vieira 88 for 86 and keep De Jong. Rest of the team as is.

3. CDM Vieira 88 and CDM for 1.3m-1.5m (Blanc 85 / Guillit 86 / Rijarkd or Petit? or other?)
    Sell Best 93 for Best 88 or Messi

5. Keep De Jong and use the money to upgrade Overmars to VJ and buy Messi for RCAM

4. Keep De Jong & Overmars and use the money to buy CR7 for RCAM

Whilst I like the idea of upgrading the attack further I think getting the right midfield control is the priority, hence the CDM pair for Vieira and is the 88 worth the upgrade

Did you try Kante or Pogba?
    FFS Guendouzi is also an option
    Blanc is the best for the budget imo but stamina is the issue
    I think you should know wht kind of player you need, a box to bow (Guendouzi / Blanc / Gullit /UCL Live Renato Sanches), an offensive one (Pogba / FFS Aouar / FFS Arthur) or a defensive one (Kante / Rijkaard / Petit)

Thanks for the view. I've tried both Kante (too small with headers) and Pogba (too lazy at defending), FFS Guendozi tried in a draft and didn't like him. Arthur and Aouar I do like but in WL seemed to get lost a bit.

It's either B2B or pure defensive, pairing with Vieira who's obviously defensive but scoring usually isn't an issue so looking for dominant midfield.

Regarding Blanc, did have him before Vieira and just swapped him with FS Eder at the 75min mark which worked well. They not too similar? Have you tried the 86 Guillit?
  • Lockett45
    259 posts Sunday League Hero
    Anyone used 92/91 Gerrard, tempted to buy and use as CAM, 3* skills not really an issue wingers and Zlat have 4*/5*
  • RebelRob
    5317 posts Big Money Move
    EddieFicio wrote: »
    RebelRob wrote: »
    WFCBagnall wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    Can’t see R9/Dinho etc coming until May time now which is a real shame. What is the point.

FUT Birthday will probably be huge for icon SBC releases. Even that’s a couple weeks away though.

2 weeks tomorrow.

Dinho possibly, but not r9 imo.

Dinho doesnt even have a pim card. Neither does r9, id say still a while for those 2

Good point.

Wasn’t there something saying along lines of not every icon is getting an sbc? I’m sure it said something like the new ones released would be PIM sbc’s but not all will have one.
  • Kizler
    366 posts Sunday League Hero
    impulse bought 91 Dinho. Any good? Was actually looking for 91 Cruyff but saw him pop up relatively cheap.
  • dino1g
    87 posts Park Captain
    edited February 28
    sofyanm wrote: »
    Who to play at CDM alongside 86 Vieira? I have De Jong FS but doesn't seem to control the midfield, not sure if to use the extra coins for 88 Vieira and play De Jong.

Currently selling 91 Matthaus (too small) and also have tried 89 Ballack (too stiff). Previously had 85 Blanc but swapped him for Vieira.

Team

De Gea

XXXXX - Vieira

Ibra (FB)

Also trying to decide the front formation, thinking of putting Best into Striker, possibly swapping Overmars for Vicinius Junior, or bringing in Messi/CR7 for the right CAM role.

3. CDM Vieira 88 and CDM for 1.3m-1.5m (Blanc 85 / Guillit 86 / Rijarkd or Petit? or other?)

5. Keep De Jong and use the money to upgrade Overmars to VJ and buy Messi for RCAM

Whilst I like the idea of upgrading the attack further I think getting the right midfield control is the priority, hence the CDM pair for Vieira and is the 88 worth the upgrade

I think you should know wht kind of player you need, a box to bow (Guendouzi / Blanc / Gullit /UCL Live Renato Sanches), an offensive one (Pogba / FFS Aouar / FFS Arthur) or a defensive one (Kante / Rijkaard / Petit)

Thanks for the view. I've tried both Kante (too small with headers) and Pogba (too lazy at defending), FFS Guendozi tried in a draft and didn't like him. Arthur and Aouar I do like but in WL seemed to get lost a bit.

It's either B2B or pure defensive, pairing with Vieira who's obviously defensive but scoring usually isn't an issue so looking for dominant midfield.

Regarding Blanc, did have him before Vieira and just swapped him with FS Eder at the 75min mark which worked well. They not too similar? Have you tried the 86 Guillit?

He is trash.

If you're looking to purely dominate the midfield go with Blanc, although I'd prefer a more playmaking CDM. Shame 88 Seedorf lacks defensive stats. Aouar is the one I would go for with your budget.

• Do you run a 4-2-3-1
    dino1g wrote: »

Team

De Gea

XXXXX - Vieira

Ibra (FB)

He is trash.

If you're looking to purely dominate the midfield go with Blanc, although I'd prefer a more playmaking CDM. Shame 88 Seedorf lacks defensive stats. Personally use TOTY KdB next to Patrick (yes, as a CDM) and he is the best I've used in that position apart from 90 Gullit.

Do you run a 4-2-3-1 - what instructions do you give KDB and Vieira?

Could get to TOTY KDB with 86 Vieira not the 88. Then best - Eusebio - Overmars with ibra up top.

Is the 88 worth the extra? on PC it's pretty much double.
  • sofyanm
    2135 posts Fans' Favourite

Team

De Gea

XXXXX - Vieira

Ibra (FB)

No, Blanc is better than Gullit imo. Prime Keane as pure defensive is also decent.
    Tried Eder at CM too, he's great, maybe you could go with 5ATB with another CB and use Eder at CDM
  • sofyanm wrote: »

Team

De Gea

XXXXX - Vieira

Ibra (FB)

No, Blanc is better than Gullit imo. Prime Keane as pure defensive is also decent.
    Tried Eder at CM too, he's great, maybe you could go with 5ATB with another CB and use Eder at CDM

Happy to run 5ATB base but would then need an icon CB I think for chem - however does Eder give enough in the midfield? Seems very destructive when I have him there for end of a match but not much more. Not used him enough though to give a proper verdict.
  • dino1g
    87 posts Park Captain
    edited February 28
    Do you run a 4-2-3-1

Team

De Gea

XXXXX - Vieira

Ibra (FB)

He is trash.

If you're looking to purely dominate the midfield go with Blanc, although I'd prefer a more playmaking CDM. Shame 88 Seedorf lacks defensive stats. Personally use TOTY KdB next to Patrick (yes, as a CDM) and he is the best I've used in that position apart from 90 Gullit.

Could get to TOTY KDB with 86 Vieira not the 88. Then best - Eusebio - Overmars with ibra up top.

I start the game with KdB on stay central and balanced attack, Vieira stay central and stay back.

I have used both the 86 and the 88. There is a difference, but if using the 86 can enable you to get KdB, then I would go with that. I was in the same spot as you a month back, and a friend of mine recommended KdB. Got him and have never looked back. He is everywhere. And the added threat from distance is big when 95% of your opponents park the bus.
  • sofyanm
    2135 posts Fans' Favourite

Team

De Gea

XXXXX - Vieira

Ibra (FB)

Happy to run 5ATB base but would then need an icon CB I think for chem - however does Eder give enough in the midfield? Seems very destructive when I have him there for end of a match but not much more. Not used him enough though to give a proper verdict.

I used him in a 4411 @ CM with Nedved next to him. He was great, very aggressive and recovering lots of balls.
    It depends on your playstyle, but having Vieira and Eder as CDM could be an issue if you need at least one CDM who can score.
    As i icon CB you should try 89 or Prime Blanc
  • Gabbalala
    3273 posts National Call-Up
    edited February 28
    If there's no more PRIME Icon SBCs coming then how is Ronaldinho going to be available via SBC seeing as he doesn't have a moment card...? lol
  • So would come down to:

1. Vieira 86 & TOTY KDB

2. Vieira 88 & Eder FS with say Blanc 91 at CB
  • DougInskip
    6450 posts League Winner
    Gabbalala wrote: »
    If there's no more PRIME Icon SBCs coming then how is Ronaldinho going to be available via SBC seeing as he doesn't have a moment card...? lol

Only to buy off market, I’m 99% certain they will release him, R9, Rio, Rijkaard, Raul, Stoich, VDS, etc in 1 more batch.
  • Roc_Xel
    442 posts Sunday League Hero
    So would come down to:

1. Vieira 86 & TOTY KDB

If you dont go with 2, you are crazy.
  • IamFrench
    1450 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited February 28
    IamFrench wrote: »
    Welcome

D0VTSEeWwAATwx6.png

This player receives a ton of positive opinions, I hope he will satisfy me

Well, very good player but I prefer Socrates/Nedved. And for the price, TOTY Mbappé>>>

D0gpVwLXQAAX-ba.png
  • I hope 4.6 million will be enough for Prime Moments Henry's SBC if he gets one.
  • Mc
    3945 posts National Call-Up
    I hope 4.6 million will be enough for Prime Moments Henry's SBC if he gets one.

Easily
  • dino1g wrote: »
    Do you run a 4-2-3-1

Team

De Gea

XXXXX - Vieira

Ibra (FB)

He is trash.

I start the game with KdB on stay central and balanced attack, Vieira stay central and stay back.

I have used both the 86 and the 88. There is a difference, but if using the 86 can enable you to get KdB, then I would go with that. I was in the same spot as you a month back, and a friend of mine recommended KdB. Got him and have never looked back. He is everywhere. And the added threat from distance is big when 95% of your opponents park the bus.

Do you put an anchor on him?
  • Roc_Xel wrote: »
    So would come down to:

1. Vieira 86 & TOTY KDB

If you dont go with 2, you are crazy.

Thanks for the view, care to help me with some reasoning? Got Eder at CB currently.
  • ColeWorld
    10679 posts Has That Special Something
    edited February 28
    Gave Baby R9 a try as LCAM and he was great there. Don't know why but he's just useless as striker. Feels like a complete different player.
  • Rb10119
    1957 posts Play-Off Hero
    ColeWorld wrote: »
    Gave Baby R9 a try as LCAM and he was great there. Don't know why but he's just useless as striker. Feels like a complete different player.

RCM in a 41212 :naughty:
  • dino1g
    87 posts Park Captain
    Do you run a 4-2-3-1

Team

De Gea

XXXXX - Vieira

Ibra (FB)

He is trash.

Do you put an anchor on him?

Yep
  • ha032742
    35285 posts Moderator
    I think PIM Cruyff is worth it if his price drops to 4.5m.

Really feels great on the ball and reminds me of TOTY Neymar.
  • KingLionel10
    15052 posts World Class
    Any reviews on the Primer than prime Shearer?

Can yous @ me please, dont come on here that much nowadays and I'll probs miss it if posted.

Cheers.
  • Moe_Szyslak
    252 posts Sunday League Hero
    PIM Gullit and Pele in the same draft, along with Zanetti and Moore. Might just spam draft; it’s the only way I’ll get to use these top icons at this rate. :D
  • '96dc2
    9026 posts League Winner
    PIM Gullit and Pele in the same draft, along with Zanetti and Moore. Might just spam draft; it’s the only way I’ll get to use these top icons at this rate. :D

Ea want you to spend those fp... 😉
  • PIM Lineker is brilliant.
  • McRaven
    4617 posts National Call-Up
    Draft is actually fun now with these Prime Primes popping up. Got four now. Gullit, Best, Scholes and Maldini in one team.
  • McRaven wrote: »
    Draft is actually fun now with these Prime Primes popping up. Got four now. Gullit, Best, Scholes and Maldini in one team.

My draft luck is on par with my pack luck. In about 10 drafts I've managed to get Lineker and Baggio twice, Maldini and Maradona once.
    I keep getting silver GK's 😆
  • McRaven
    4617 posts National Call-Up
    BagelBlue wrote: »
    McRaven wrote: »

My draft luck is on par with my pack luck. In about 10 drafts I've managed to get Lineker and Baggio twice, Maldini and Maradona once.
    I keep getting silver GK's 😆

Oh wow that is bad :joy: I've had some really good ones so far. I won't be able to afford the big boys so it's fun playing with them this way. That Gullit looks nutty. Only one stat below 80.