Fifa 19 Icon review/price discussion thread

Comments

• AIeks
    4991 posts National Call-Up
    Pretty sure the PIM Seedorf has the body type (not just hair) of the 88. If you liked the 88 you'll love this one.

Great shooting, great passing, stamina and strength. I wasn't a big fan of the prime but the PIM is one of the best mids I've used this year if not the best.
  • BeefyRabouter
    1216 posts Professional
    AIeks wrote: »
    Pretty sure the PIM Seedorf has the body type (not just hair) of the 88. If you liked the 88 you'll love this one.

Great shooting, great passing, stamina and strength. I wasn't a big fan of the prime but the PIM is one of the best mids I've used this year if not the best.

Does the m/m hurt him compared to the middle?
  • AIeks
    4991 posts National Call-Up
    AIeks wrote: »

Does the m/m hurt him compared to the middle?
    Nah, his positioning is great when on defense and he was involved in almost all of my goals in one way or another tonight. I had prime Rui in that spot before and Seedorf is a huge upgrade.

If there is something to complain about, it is that he isn't the quickest at turning but I haven't had much issues even with that tbh.

I play him CM in 4411.

• Dudemaster_c1
    362 posts Sunday League Hero
    How is Base Vieiera would play in a cm with base Blanc 4-1-2-1-2(2)
  • MaddMike3711
    10971 posts Has That Special Something
    Seedorf SBC requirements were definitely a step in the right direction, but I’m still reserving optimism until they do the Rui Costas, Figos, Rivaldos, Nestas, etc.
  • nightscrawler
    157 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    EddieFicio wrote: »
    I just had a draft with Yashin and he conceded every shot he faced :joy:

94 Ruud is something else tho, him vs toty van dijk:

MtX15fW.gif

Oh my god. Pushing away the VDD. Crazy
  • FrankFrank
    2127 posts Fans' Favourite
    Another one today? :sunglasses:
  • MikeyP_FC
    13086 posts Has That Special Something
    FrankFrank wrote: »
    Another one today? :sunglasses:

Not on a Wednesday imo
  • Ugri
    6920 posts Big Money Move
    Guys anyone used and can compare 92 Maldini to Luiz sbc? I am thinking of selling Maldini and freeing up coins, on paper Luiz even looks better, anyone have game experience? Partner cb is 89 Blanc. Thanks!
  • TakeItSlow
    7550 posts League Winner
    They need to start releasing them every day if they’re doing it in ones that’s for sure :joy:

I reckon we’ll get one tomorrow or Friday though.
  • Ugri
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    They need to start releasing them every day if they’re doing it in ones that’s for sure :joy:

Friday, every 3 day was release schedule so far...
  • TakeItSlow
    7550 posts League Winner
    Ugri wrote: »

Striker, midfielder... defender next I guess?
  • Scutch
    11598 posts Has That Special Something

MtX15fW.gif

But did he score though?
  • Ugri

Defender, Zanetti imo, dont ask me why just a hunch :wink:
  • Scutch
    11598 posts Has That Special Something

Defender, Zanetti imo, dont ask me why just a hunch :wink:

His PIM is a CDM.
  • TakeItSlow
    7550 posts League Winner
    Scutch wrote: »

MtX15fW.gif

But did he score though?

I’ve had Ruud in a couple drafts and it might just be because I prefer the quick nippy players this year but the Ruud just didn’t feel special.

Except for his shooting and strength which are exceptional, he’s also a huge presence on the pitch. Anyone who likes bigger players will love him, but for me he doesn’t have a place in my team unless I have like 100m coins and can afford a luxury CM.

From the ones I’ve used in draft so garb multiple times -

Vieira - a clunky mess but insane positioning wise, will probably do his SBC just wish he stayed back :joy:

Cruyff - Best one so far for me, that + 13 balance or whatever it is on the prime really does show.

Eusebio - Feels quite similar to the prime, no real huge stat increases so makes sense.

Pele - hes good but feels very erratic on the ball, I feel like you get more out of someone like Cruyff with 5* weak foot and extra height.

Figo - actually really damn good, I’ll be doing him for sure

Del Piero - probably better in central areas, he lacked pace as a left wing whenever I’ve used him.
  • dino1g
    87 posts Park Captain
    Prime Ballack or Base Vieira as a CDM in a 4231?
  • ColeWorld
    10681 posts Has That Special Something
    dino1g wrote: »
    Prime Ballack or Base Vieira as a CDM in a 4231?

Offensive CDM Ballack
    Defensive CDM Vieira
  • Finesse_4days
    7704 posts League Winner
    The in games for Prime moment Seedorf look underwhelming, as a Cam he looks poor with 76 agility, as a CDM he looks unusable , and as a CM he doesn't look any better than the 88 as he has like 5 worse stamina, worse tackling , worse agility, and medium medium vs high high on the 88. He probably would be best used as an attacking CM in a 433 or a 41212 /4312.
  • TakeItSlow
    7550 posts League Winner
    The in games for Prime moment Seedorf look underwhelming, as a Cam he looks poor with 76 agility, as a CDM he looks unusable , and as a CM he doesn't look any better than the 88 as he has like 5 worse stamina, worse tackling , worse agility, and medium medium vs high high on the 88. He probably would be best used as an attacking CM in a 433 or a 41212 /4312.

FUTMAS Torreira > amirite :trollface:
  • Finesse_4days
    7704 posts League Winner

FUTMAS Torreira > amirite :trollface:
    Wouldn't go that far lol
  • harrisonvickers1990
    48 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Socrates Primer 92 has the yellow boots and now I have to have him
  • ElatedKarnage
    272 posts Sunday League Hero

He's really good!

I wonder what his best position is, I used him a CAM in a 4-2-3-1 in the draft. Probably better as a CM in a 3 man midfield?
  • AjaxLegends
    2090 posts Fans' Favourite
    In case anyone is wondering: Prime Moments Seedorf is his best version. Have tried them all and would rank them: 92 Seedorf, 88 Seedorf, 91 Seedorf, 85 Seedorf. Prime Moments Seedorf is like his 88 version but better (especially his shooting and skilling is more fluid). Well worth it imo. Feels like high/high and not med/med by the way. He is everywhere on the pitch.
  • harrisonvickers1990
    48 posts Last Pick at the Park

He's really good!

I wonder what his best position is, I used him a CAM in a 4-2-3-1 in the draft. Probably better as a CM in a 3 man midfield?

I used him as CM in a 4-3-2-1. he was amazing and got 6 goals in 4 games, think he would be better as CAM though his defensive positioning is shocking
  • GL
    7038 posts Big Money Move
    Is Maldini 92 better than 89 Blanc because Blanc is ****
  • ha032742
    35328 posts Moderator
    @MikeyP_FC PIM Cruyff is up there with TOTY Neymar as the most fun card to use imo after playing 10 games but he’s still weak so would be best at CAM imo.
  • MikeyP_FC
    ha032742 wrote: »
    @MikeyP_FC PIM Cruyff is up there with TOTY Neymar as the most fun card to use imo after playing 10 games but he’s still weak so would be best at CAM imo.

Thanks bud, really enjoyed the 94.
  • ha032742
    35328 posts Moderator
    MikeyP_FC wrote: »

He’s harder to push off the ball imo than the prime due to the +13 balance boost he got but still can’t match a VVD etc. obviously.
  • MikeyP_FC
    MikeyP_FC wrote: »

He’s harder to push off the ball imo than the prime due to the +13 balance boost he got but still can’t match a VVD etc. obviously.

Yeah that Balance boost is really the reason I’m looking at the moment instead of the prime. You use Architect on him?