Fifa 19 Icon review/price discussion thread

Comments

• Nicku32
    2266 posts Fans' Favourite
    Scutch wrote: »
    I'm convinced the PIM Eusebio has something in his code to score with every shot he takes.

Unbelievable.

Did you use him in draft?
  • Scutch
    14265 posts Has That Special Something
    Nicku32 wrote: »
    I'm convinced the PIM Eusebio has something in his code to score with every shot he takes.

Unbelievable.

Did you use him in draft?

Yeah. Just replying to your PM mate.
  • Whoman
    5981 posts Big Money Move
    Bought Socrates 89 yesterday and he's super unique, very rewarding to use :) Started out as CAM behind Bale/Ibra and CM in 442 but then swapped out Ibra for Giuliano SBC (just moved Ibra to another team as i use 3) and moved Socrates up front in 433(4) and 442/3412 and he really shines as a sort of targetman-playmaker. Seems so nimble on the ball, plays terrific passes and 5* WF is just so good to have.

Prime Nedved has been really good as well the last few days playing mostly CM next to SBC Allan to watch his backside.
  • o ShifTyZz o
    1426 posts Professional

Unbelievable.

I agree with you on this. I scored one of the most beautiful low drivens that hit the inside of the post and just made it impossible for the keeper to save. Phenomenal card.
    Baker wrote: »
    Played against Prime moments Yashin yesterday’s draft, I had Moments Pele and Moments Maradona, they couldn’t do anything against him. I had 26 shots on target iirc, he was unreal at saving everything. Had nightmares about him last night. My oh my.

I used him in draft, he is really solid! I'm not sure if he would be 1m better than someone like de gea but I've always enjoyed the look of having an icon keeper. Only thing I didnt like is he punched the ball to the opposition a lot.
  • Whoman
    5981 posts Big Money Move
    Yashin was great for me last year but this year i can't bring myself to use Goalies that are so-so passers after getting used to what Ederson and now Alisson OTW can do there for me (not even those long kickoffs to the flanks, just normal stuff from out back). I suppose Yashin isn't as bad as say Handanovic, but a long way off Alisson.
  • o ShifTyZz o
    1426 posts Professional
    Whoman wrote: »
    Yashin was great for me last year but this year i can't bring myself to use Goalies that are so-so passers after getting used to what Ederson and now Alisson OTW can do there for me (not even those long kickoffs to the flanks, just normal stuff from out back). I suppose Yashin isn't as bad as say Handanovic, but a long way off Alisson.

I have OTW Alisson and cant stand his kicking. It's almost neuer or bust for me, he just sets such a high standard.
  • GL
    11232 posts Has That Special Something

I have OTW Alisson and cant stand his kicking. It's almost neuer or bust for me, he just sets such a high standard.

Neuer was awful for me would randomly come out for the ball and give up a bad angle, went back to De Gea
  • Foxsake
    2677 posts Fans' Favourite
    Personally I would get rid of nesta that your week link
    Grab blanc he is miles ahead or baby Rio
    fett2500 wrote: »
    So 93 Eusebio or 94 Cruyff for CAM in this team? Other suggestions? I have 3.1 million to spend..

dCfKUv4.jpg

• o ShifTyZz o
    1426 posts Professional
    GL wrote: »

Neuer was awful for me would randomly come out for the ball and give up a bad angle, went back to De Gea

His goalkeeping ability was probably on par with most of the other top tier keepers for me but I rely on passing it out from the back and I havent been able to find anyone who even comes close to him
  • IamFrench
    1712 posts Play-Off Hero
    Welcome

D0VTSEeWwAATwx6.png

This player receives a ton of positive opinions, I hope he will satisfy me
  • ITSSPENO
    2008 posts Fans' Favourite
    IamFrench wrote: »
    Welcome

D0VTSEeWwAATwx6.png

He's brill, I use his 91 and it's the greatest
  • Crossland
    9206 posts League Winner
    edited February 2019
    Welcome

D0VTSEeWwAATwx6.png

He is fantastic but strangely I preferred 91 Pele and the 95 Pele !
    I didn't feel the wow factor in the end,first few games he felt like the best player I'd ever used but it soon faded
  • IamFrench
    1712 posts Play-Off Hero
    If I do not like Eusebio 93, I'll take Gullit 90
  • Crossland
    9206 posts League Winner
    edited February 2019
    Welcome

D0VTSEeWwAATwx6.png

He is fantastic but strangely I preferred 91 Pele and the 95 Pele !
    If I do not like Eusebio 93, I'll take Gullit 90

Interested to see what you think of Prime Eusebio
  • TakeItSlow
    8726 posts League Winner
    @IamFrench 93 Eusebio and 94 Cruyff = best CAM’s in the game. Both had very similar output for me but I found Cruyff to be more fun due to the skills.

Eusebio more powerful though. Both 10/10 CAM’s. Gullit’s output from CAM was far less for me, but obvs he’s the best CM in the game.
  • Gigaa_Byte
    2098 posts Fans' Favourite
    Just checked prices after like a week, is it just me or have prices on all the top players rocketed? TOTY Mbappe is pretty much 4m+ now.
  • MikeyP_FC
    14035 posts Has That Special Something
    Gigaa_Byte wrote: »
    Just checked prices after like a week, is it just me or have prices on all the top players rocketed? TOTY Mbappe is pretty much 4m+ now.

Yeah, Mbappe and Neymar are up 3-400k

Messi was selling over the weekend 4.45-4.55, up about 100. CR7 was available sub 7 last week, Modric, Varane, Marcelo and Kante up a bit too.
  • vneklw
    2391 posts Fans' Favourite
    Haven't played in months but figured I'd try out some of those primers in draft. That Best card is nuts. Feels like a TOTS/TOTY Messi.
  • dino1g
    90 posts Park Captain
    Just tried 99 Pele in draft.

Oh. My. God.
  • TakeItSlow
    8726 posts League Winner
    MikeyP_FC wrote: »

Messi was selling over the weekend 4.45-4.55, up about 100. CR7 was available sub 7 last week, Modric, Varane, Marcelo and Kante up a bit too.

Maybe the prices of the moments icons have made people think nah F that and then they’ve turned to the TOTY’s thus ballooning their prices slightly.
  • James Libby
    6891 posts Big Money Move
    TakeItSlow wrote: »

Maybe the prices of the moments icons have made people think nah F that and then they’ve turned to the TOTY’s thus ballooning their prices slightly.

Absolutely. Now that we know how ridiculously rare the PIM Icons are, TOTYs look to be a bargain!
  • TakeItSlow
    8726 posts League Winner

Absolutely. Now that we know how ridiculously rare the PIM Icons are, TOTYs look to be a bargain!

Also forgot about the recent tournament... so Mbappe etc also flew up.
  • GeTRiGhT
    11169 posts Has That Special Something
    hjdjydyufu wrote: »
    Was bored so played 2 drafts today.

Played 4 with

Super prime Maradona - very quick and rocket left foot. So weak tho. Messi is as good I think

Super prime Cruyff - First time using him ...very different but in a good way. Ball is glued to his feet

Super prime Matthus - everywhere...I wish I had the coins for him

Super prime Figo - pretty good

Super prime Zanetti - A super Kante

Pls don’t say super prime ever again.

What do I call them then...? @TakeItSlow

Everyone seems to call them something different like Optimus Prime...Primer...etc
  • TakeItSlow
    8726 posts League Winner

Played 4 with

Super prime Maradona - very quick and rocket left foot. So weak tho. Messi is as good I think

Super prime Cruyff - First time using him ...very different but in a good way. Ball is glued to his feet

Everyone seems to call them something different like Optimus Prime...Primer...etc

Would you call one of your teachers super sir? Call them by their names. Moment icons. Prime moment ....
  • Reus
    23478 posts Club Captain

Played 4 with

Would you call one of your teachers super sir? Call them by their names. Moment icons. Prime moment ....

Who gives a flying ❤️❤️❤️❤️ what he calls them
  • GL
    11232 posts Has That Special Something
    Found gyans dupe
  • TakeItSlow
    8726 posts League Winner
    edited February 2019
    Reus wrote: »

Played 4 with

Who gives a flying **** what he calls them

Calm down mate.
  • Moe_Szyslak
    317 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited February 2019
    Managed to get to use a few Prime Moments in draft, all in the same entry luckily. My verdict from the small sample of games using the 4-2-2-2:

93 Moore

I played him at RCDM. Excellent interceptions. He was decent in the tackle but his passing didn’t feel as accurate as the stats would suggest. Felt a bit too slow for the CDM position but would probably be enough at CB although he is a bit short for my liking to play there. I think there are better options in both CB/CDM in his price range.

98 Maradona

He was at LCAM so wasn’t the focal point of my team but contributed with a couple of goals and lovely movement in behind. Silky smooth on the ball as you’d expect and so much fun to use if you enjoy a skill move here and there. The negative with the card for me, aside from 3* weak foot, is his stamina. I didn’t feel like I was running with him all that much but one game in particular went to extra time and he was completely gone and had to be subbed.

I really enjoyed Maradona’s card last year but he was at CAM in my 41212 (2) team and maybe the LCAM position is a bit more taxing on fatigue, I don’t know. Either way, I’d have liked to complete Maradona’s prime SBC again but now the PIMs have been introduced I’ll have to evaluate his price when/if the SBC is released. If it’s reasonably priced (going off RVN’s SBC I don’t have much hope) I’ll probably go for it if I have the coins available.

94 Gullit

Probably pointless to review this card as he’s incredible as you’d expect him to be and completely unaffordable to 99.99% of the playerbase, but it’d be sacrilege to leave him out. I should add I haven’t used any other version of Gullit this year so can’t compare. I didn’t play my best today I felt but managed to get four in a row pretty much down to this card. Stuck him up top at RST. Wins every single header from goal kicks, superb off the ball movement, power headers, power shots, left foot, right foot. One. Man. Wrecking. Machine.

Even if EA release his SBC how much are we realistically talking? 4m? 5m? I just can’t see them making this behemoth relatively attainable like last year (I’m sure I completed the SBC for about 2.4-2.6m if I remember correctly).

Either way, if I had the coins right now I would personally just buy the 93 off the market. As great as he is, no card is worth 13m imo unless you have enough coins to get the best player in every position. I’d also play him at central CAM to get a bit more out of those defensive stats.