Are you a FIFA streamer? Get yourself added to the forum list here

Official POTM/SBC INVESTING THREAD (Dual reason IF investing)

Comments

• Tommygunn
    2635 posts Fans' Favourite
    Tommygunn wrote: »
    Tommygunn wrote: »
    hiya wrote: »
    what if Salah gets the extra tots place (as well as potm)

(i'm not asking a question...just saying for people who want to do it / have best version.)

If he wins im sure he won’t win potm. Ea will make sure :p

It's not up to EA. I think i'm going to get everything ready to go with the POTM but wait until this evening to submit everything just in case.

Potm isn’t up to ea poty is an ea vote

Oh you mean if he wins potm EA will make sure he wont win the TOTY vote!

I'm scared i will do the potm and then they will release a special Salah as they did with Silva. He did break the league goals record last year after all so thats a decent enough excuse for them.

Yeh ea wouldn’t want him winning both. I think it’ll be pogba or Neymar tonight anyway. It’s a fan vote so performance doesn’t come into it it’ll be who best fits their team. Allegedly it’s a bale sbc tonight anyway
  • Zv1k0
    4915 posts National Call-Up
    Maybe TOTY Salah will only be released in packs if he wins the vote. That would be fair.
  • Coderood
    1466 posts Fans' Favourite
    Man doesnt matter IF Salah gets both the POTM and TOTY. His TOTY will be atleast 2,5 mil. Thats much more expensive then his POTM
  • Zv1k0
    Coderood wrote: »
    Man doesnt matter IF Salah gets both the POTM and TOTY. His TOTY will be atleast 2,5 mil. Thats much more expensive then his POTM

Of course it matters. People have high rated untradables in their clubs. I could probably get POTM Salah for almost free unless it requires Salah. I have no problem paying extra whatever for TOTY version.
  • It's VVD
  • KRANG00
    1060 posts Professional
    14 IF's needed :D :D :D
  • Zv1k0
    Maybe it's better that VVD won but now I'm afraid we won't see Salah at all.
  • Waspy
    3837 posts National Call-Up
    NGL.... was hoping for a central Hazard
  • DANNYDANNYINGS
    691 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited January 11
    "Take VVD out defenders can't win" was always one of the first responses every time I posted the list of stats last month.

On one hand I'm really glad that he won because I want that card, on the otherhand his SIF which I already had has decreased 100k!!!
  • Tommygunn
    2635 posts Fans' Favourite
    "Take VVD out defenders can't win" was always one of the first responses every time I posted the list of stats last month.

On one hand I'm really glad that he won because I want that card, on the otherhand his SIF which I already had has decreased 100k!!!

I have his sif untradeable so disappointed it didn’t require a special
  • Derryboy
    1694 posts Play-Off Hero

He was my favourite for it, won't be doing as got the 87 red and that's good enough for me
  • Zv1k0
    Flashback Ibra might be the reason I start playing Fifa seriously again.
  • KRANG00
    1060 posts Professional
    The one time a defender wins I have his SIF and it loses a fortune :D

Didn’t have any of the others, at least it wasn’t an investment and I was using him when I actually play.
  • zaklfc9
    795 posts Semi-Pro
    Cant find the comment but someone on here mentioned picking up bolys and bambas a few days ago. Massive thank you! I was investing in so many 83 and 84 for some reason was forgetting about IFs. Picked up around 30 of each and bolly now selling for almost double at 20k. and bamba a good 4k profit. I know bamba will go up to around 16/17 but I cba waiting.
  • munchie63
    2398 posts Fans' Favourite
    thoughts on this Bale SBC chaps ?

Chester for 20k as a Welsh IF ?

Asensio 85 rated Madrid for 15ish

Alli or Dembele 4500 Spurs and Ramsey 1300 as a wales / PL link ??
  • Zv1k0
    Bale is expensive af. :o
  • i2-TempZ-2i
    5901 posts Big Money Move
    Had 1million left and was tempted by it but honestly think its gona easily cost between 1.2-1.5mil
  • Devers
    6209 posts Big Money Move
    Crazy price for him
  • michael15172211
    404 posts Sunday League Hero
    why is carvahal price tanking instead of going up, he is in most of the needed sbcs
  • i2-TempZ-2i
    why is carvahal price tanking instead of going up, he is in most of the needed sbcs

Probably because he was over invested in due to the fact people knew Bale was coming 3 days ago...
  • michael15172211

Probably because he was over invested in due to the fact people knew Bale was coming 3 days ago...

any chance it will go back up, brought around at 9.5K
  • EisenErmin
    3001 posts National Call-Up

the only way is down down down for him
  • i2-TempZ-2i

Nah can't see it, i'd jump ship before he drops even more
  • michael15172211
    KRANG00 wrote: »
    14 IF's needed :D :D :D

thanks for the advice earlier on the 85s made some good coin
  • michael15172211

Nah can't see it, i'd jump ship before he drops even more

sold them all made a loss but i made good profit today tho so it's all good,
  • michael15172211
    also what are the likelihood of otw sbc and totw sbc after TOTY, wasn't around last time during this year, what usually comes after, are RTTF cards and IFs of players who might get upgraded a good pick up now along with otws?
  • charltom
    45 posts Park Captain
    also what are the likelihood of otw sbc and totw sbc after TOTY, wasn't around last time during this year, what usually comes after, are RTTF cards and IFs of players who might get upgraded a good pick up now along with otws?

Last year it was the first Friday of Feb I believe, after the transfer window closed
  • JDub
    293 posts Sunday League Hero
    Does anyone know when winter upgrades start? Also, does anyone remember about how many OTW cards were required and what price they were selling for during the OTW SBC? I want to say it required 2 and they were selling for roughly 25k ea?
  • munchie63
    2398 posts Fans' Favourite
    JDub wrote: »
    Does anyone know when winter upgrades start? Also, does anyone remember about how many OTW cards were required and what price they were selling for during the OTW SBC? I want to say it required 2 and they were selling for roughly 25k ea?

prices this year are very different though
  • Stevie_G
    862 posts Semi-Pro
    JDub wrote: »

Requirements last FIFA, which were similar to FIFA 17 I believe:

OTW Summer Tradeable (1st set) - 83 rated squad, 1 OTW, 1 IF
    OTW Summer Untradeable (1st set) - 82 rated squad, 1 OTW
    OTW Winter Tradeable (2nd set) - 83 rated squad, 1 OTW, 1 IF
    OTW Winter Untradeable (2nd set) - 81 rated squad, 1 OTW

These all worked well, especially with the untradeable SBCs, so I'd expect EA to keep the same requirements. Once you have your initial OTW you can just rinse and repeat until you end up with one you're happy with. If you're unsure on your FUT Swap players then selecting OTW Promes is a solid shout, he might save you that initial 25-30k on the OTW card.

The FIFA 17 Winter Tradeable version was secretly a joke, Gabriel Jesus OTW was just 78 rated and going for 550k for a couple of days. If you hit him once every 25 odd packs then you'd make profit, I think I hit him 7-8 times from memory and made millions :lol: