Official POTM/SBC INVESTING THREAD (Dual reason IF investing)

Comments

• munchie63
    2715 posts Fans' Favourite
    KRANG00 wrote: »
    Can pickup Prem 85’s for 9k.

with potm round the corner, must be coins to be had here.

should be...however, with TOTY out will the potm be worth doing
  • KRANG00
    1286 posts Professional
    munchie63 wrote: »

should be...however, with TOTY out will the potm be worth doing

Never know with this market! If they overprice it no one will go near it.

I know coins are easier to get this year, but for the average person TOTY cards are going to be out of reach I’d think.
  • Swevin
    247 posts Sunday League Hero
    Any idea who's worth investing in for POTM? Got a measly 70k
  • Adrian095
    33654 posts National Team Captain
  • Pxul_
    6707 posts Big Money Move

That’s a quality team, Bar the goalkeeper 🤷‍♂️
  • Damo_Suzuki
    1588 posts Play-Off Hero
    Do people think a NIF Salah, a special Salah or neither is more likely to be required for the POTM?
  • KRANG00
    1286 posts Professional
    Do people think a NIF Salah, a special Salah or neither is more likely to be required for the POTM?

It's risky, you never know this year.

For that sort on investing you are better getting in early and always selling in the hype imo.
  • Damo_Suzuki
    1588 posts Play-Off Hero

It's risky, you never know this year.

For that sort on investing you are better getting in early and always selling in the hype imo.

Thanks for the reply. I was more asking as i want to do the potm as opposed to an investment. I bought a nif just in case but i dont really want to risk buying a special card. Trouble is, if it requires a special it may shoot above what im prepared to pay if i dont have one in advance.
  • DKCena
    1710 posts Play-Off Hero

I have the IF in my team and just bought the NIF as well.

The reason i think he is needed is because EA is sloppy. When POTM Auba was out they couldnt make a fancy national sbc with nation + nation IF as we saw with Hazard. Because Auba is pretty much the only Gaboneese player. So they chose he was needed.

Same could happen with egypt. So instead of being creative its just easier to make some sort of BpL sbc with IF and so, some serie a/Roma sbc + Salah.

After all TOTY is out and thats where EA earn their money. CBA to be creative at POTM SBC.

Just a personal opinion.
  • munchie63
    2715 posts Fans' Favourite
    llevyjo55 wrote: »
    FOR ME IT'S ALWAYS THE SAME THING , I HAVE PAID ARROUND 1500€ SINCE THE BEGGINING OF THE GAME AND MY BEST PLAYER WAS KROOS AND POGBA.
    NO LEGEND, NO GOOD IN FORM AND OF COURSE NO TOTY ...
    THIS IS NORMAL ??? ALL MY FRIEND WHO HAVE ADD NOT MORE THAN 100€ HAS ALREADY HAVE ICON AND TOTY ...
    CAN YOU EXPLAIN ME WHY THERE IS SO MUCH DIFFERENCE?
    I M SURE ABOUT THE SCRIPT AND I WILL STOP TO PLAY AND TO PAY ...

mate, typing in capitals is shouting.

You are your own worst enemy. Because you have given EA £1500 they have no need to improve the game mechanics.

They figure you must like it.

Plus, because you're spending that much, they throw you a bone every now and then....Kroos, Pogba......to keep you coming back and spending. They dont need to give you an icon...they know you'll keep spending. Your mates that havent had been given a big card to lure them in.

you're a cashcow to them

stop buying FP
  • michael15172211
    433 posts Sunday League Hero

Allison a good target? liverpool and 85, same with kompany seems decent
  • KRANG00
    1286 posts Professional

Yeah i picked up some of those plus Sterling and Mahrez all for 9k max.

They haven't really risen even thou they are needed in the David Silva sbc, don't think that card is that badly priced so was a bit surprised, if that was a potm card it would be more expensive.

Not sure if people have stacked clubs or just are not interested as much in these untradables but last year a card like that would have had a bigger affect on the market i think.
  • Stevie_G
    965 posts Semi-Pro

They haven't really risen even thou they are needed in the David Silva sbc, don't think that card is that badly priced so was a bit surprised, if that was a potm card it would be more expensive.

Not sure if people have stacked clubs or just are not interested as much in these untradables but last year a card like that would have had a bigger affect on the market i think.

Possibly yeah, but at the same time just go and compare that Silva with the regular 91 KDB card. 260k roughly for both of them, but one is tradeable and the other untradeable.

Silva is small, with a 2* WF. De Bruyne is much taller with a 5* WF which is an instant win. Other than dribbling, De Bruyne's stats are similar other than physical/defending, which he wins. I think people are feeling the same way and realising this Silva card just isn't worth it, despite the seemingly reasonable price
  • KRANG00
    1286 posts Professional
    edited January 10
    Stevie_G wrote: »

Possibly yeah, but at the same time just go and compare that Silva with the regular 91 KDB card. 260k roughly for both of them, but one is tradeable and the other untradeable.

Silva is small, with a 2* WF. De Bruyne is much taller with a 5* WF which is an instant win. Other than dribbling, De Bruyne's stats are similar other than physical/defending, which he wins. I think people are feeling the same way and realising this Silva card just isn't worth it, despite the seemingly reasonable price

Yeah i totally agree, after initially seeing the card and thinking it looked ok i realized it's not worth it and didn't do it myself. (plus 2* weak foot :s )

Just seems everyone is a bit wiser this year and doesn't get so distracted by shiny new untradable cards! :D

I just thought as it was not as stupidly priced as other sbc's we have seen (still a bit overpriced imo) and you got some packs back, more people would fall for it haha

• Stevie_G
    965 posts Semi-Pro
    edited January 10
    Stevie_G wrote: »

Yeah i totally agree, after initially seeing the card and thinking it looked ok i realized it's not worth it and didn't do it myself. (plus 2* weak foot :s )

Just seems everyone is a bit wiser this year and doesn't get so distracted by shiny new untradable cards! :D

I just thought as it was not as stupidly priced as other sbc's we have seen (still a bit overpriced imo) and you got some packs back, more people would fall for it haha

Well, you say that everyone's not falling for shiny cards......... just look at the numbers of FP being purchased this week! Go and look at the TOTY De Gea price too, people are paying 1.1 million for a card with +2 handling and +16 speed (irrelevant) to his 92 TOTGS worth 400k, after a basic GK chem style. You're essentially paying 700k for a different shade of blue on his card, and 2 handling! Madness.

I do agree that the SBC trap is less intrusive this year though. Everyone had the cheapish prime icons last year, like Rui Costa, ADP, Rio, Larsson etc... from very early in the game. Definitely not the case this year
  • miri
    2616 posts Fans' Favourite
    Picking up 83s in case they drop something funky over the next few days. Only about 100, but getting them for about 800-900 coins so pretty safe investment for a potential 100k+ return.
  • HishamAyman
    2563 posts Fans' Favourite
    miri wrote: »
    Picking up 83s in case they drop something funky over the next few days. Only about 100, but getting them for about 800-900 coins so pretty safe investment for a potential 100k+ return.

Someone leaked a +81 totw sbc yesterday and castro mentioned it on his stream, I think if its a +81 totw sbc its probably going to be an 84 rated squad
  • Waspy
    3844 posts National Call-Up
    miri wrote: »

Someone leaked a +81 totw sbc yesterday and castro mentioned it on his stream, I think if its a +81 totw sbc its probably going to be an 84 rated squad

seconded
  • Tommygunn
    2944 posts National Call-Up
    Potm today?
  • maunokoivisto
    301 posts Sunday League Hero
    Should be at 2-4 pm.
  • Tommygunn
    Should be at 2-4 pm.

It’s never usually that late I just haven’t seen much chat about it. Toty got everyone too busy :D I’m not doing it it it’s salah got his red card and don’t like him
  • Mini_Miudo
    9288 posts League Winner
    Nominees got announced at 1pm last week so should be around that time, it's usually an exact week iirc.
  • ragesh91
    1153 posts Professional
    Goal of the month got announced 30 minutes ago. Don't know how long it takes after that, 2-2.30 hours?
  • Tommygunn
    ragesh91 wrote: »
    Goal of the month got announced 30 minutes ago. Don't know how long it takes after that, 2-2.30 hours?

Yeh it’s manager and pl2 Potm still to go
  • Chubz
    3124 posts National Call-Up
    I noticed NIF Salah is starting to get bought up. I missed the boat, so not going to purchase one. might not even be required if he wins.
  • hiya
    1274 posts Professional
    what if Salah gets the extra tots place (as well as potm)

(i'm not asking a question...just saying for people who want to do it / have best version.)
  • Tommygunn
    hiya wrote: »

(i'm not asking a question...just saying for people who want to do it / have best version.)

If he wins im sure he won’t win potm. Ea will make sure :p
  • Damo_Suzuki
    1588 posts Play-Off Hero
    Tommygunn wrote: »

It's not up to EA. I think i'm going to get everything ready to go with the POTM but wait until this evening to submit everything just in case.
  • Tommygunn

It's not up to EA. I think i'm going to get everything ready to go with the POTM but wait until this evening to submit everything just in case.

Potm isn’t up to ea poty is an ea vote
  • Damo_Suzuki
    1588 posts Play-Off Hero

Potm isn’t up to ea poty is an ea vote

Oh you mean if he wins potm EA will make sure he wont win the TOTY vote!

I'm scared i will do the potm and then they will release a special Salah as they did with Silva. He did break the league goals record last year after all so thats a decent enough excuse for them.