Official POTM/SBC INVESTING THREAD (Dual reason IF investing)

Comments

• michael15172211
    475 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Dasco wrote: »
    Stevie_G wrote: »
    'RE :- Futmas investing

If it was me, I'd be recommending 84s & 85s, especially wingers and fullback. More risky as there's potential for narrow or 3atb forms, however these are the cards that have the largest spikes when 85 overalls are required. 84s and 85s in general will hit most requirements for your mid tier sbc reqs.

Informs I haven't looked at prices recently, but it's difficult to go wrong on discard informs from popular leagues or nations.

As a side tip, I would ensure having a couple of screamer cards, I'm certain they were required for a few futmas sbcs last year. (Or year year). They're probably still discard, so it's worth having a couple stored.

Screamers were required 2 years ago but not in FIFA 18. To the best of my knowledge, FIFA 18 requirements were 81-86 rated squads with or without informs, and that was it I think. Fair enough to have a couple stored of course though, you just never know with EA. That said, it seems they've just forgotten about screamers full stop, there's been a couple of full moons since they last shifted their stats!

Unfortunately 84s in popular positions are already inflated at the moment, but with the sheer number of daily player SBCs we should expect, I'm also confident they'll go higher at some point, but I'm unsure if they'll dip first and then rise. In that case it might be worth holding back a little, don't go all in incase the first few players are either sub 82 or over 85 rated squads, in which case 84s will tank a bit.

In terms of my own input, I agree completely with your second point. My best advice would have to be under 15k informs from the popular leagues, nations and positions (defenders and wingers if possible). Recent TOTWs have provided a few, and we know that they're always required for something, whether that be POTM, POTS, FUTmas or flashback SBCs. If you're patient, they'll go up at some point almost certainly

Yeah that's a bit frustrating with the screamers. Been what, a month + since the last "shift"? Disappointing. Fair enough on the 17' req, I meant to put "previous year" in brackets :lol: )

The price of 84s will probably vary on when EA announce the promo for FUTMAS. If there's a gap between promotions AND a weekend league reward drops before the announcement of FUTMAS, then is likely the time to load up. I don't have a clue on what pack promotions they did on the lead up to XMAS, but I'd guess it'll be nothing major until boxing day LR's (lightning rounds)

I was so close to loading up on IF Hectors before the Sancho SBC and decided against it when someone told me he was in the 2nd tier of the Bundesliga. Such a facepalm moment looking back.

Saying that though, I've now been sitting on 86-90s for god knows how long, and all because EA won't play ball with icons.

would the German IF torunghia be worth it for the POTM, and would the likes of IF Hernandez work for Sterling POTM and Futmas?
  • Stevie_G
    997 posts Professional
    'RE :- Futmas investing

If it was me, I'd be recommending 84s & 85s, especially wingers and fullback. More risky as there's potential for narrow or 3atb forms, however these are the cards that have the largest spikes when 85 overalls are required. 84s and 85s in general will hit most requirements for your mid tier sbc reqs.

Informs I haven't looked at prices recently, but it's difficult to go wrong on discard informs from popular leagues or nations.

As a side tip, I would ensure having a couple of screamer cards, I'm certain they were required for a few futmas sbcs last year. (Or year year). They're probably still discard, so it's worth having a couple stored.

Screamers were required 2 years ago but not in FIFA 18. To the best of my knowledge, FIFA 18 requirements were 81-86 rated squads with or without informs, and that was it I think. Fair enough to have a couple stored of course though, you just never know with EA. That said, it seems they've just forgotten about screamers full stop, there's been a couple of full moons since they last shifted their stats!

Unfortunately 84s in popular positions are already inflated at the moment, but with the sheer number of daily player SBCs we should expect, I'm also confident they'll go higher at some point, but I'm unsure if they'll dip first and then rise. In that case it might be worth holding back a little, don't go all in incase the first few players are either sub 82 or over 85 rated squads, in which case 84s will tank a bit.

In terms of my own input, I agree completely with your second point. My best advice would have to be under 15k informs from the popular leagues, nations and positions (defenders and wingers if possible). Recent TOTWs have provided a few, and we know that they're always required for something, whether that be POTM, POTS, FUTmas or flashback SBCs. If you're patient, they'll go up at some point almost certainly

I was so close to loading up on IF Hectors before the Sancho SBC and decided against it when someone told me he was in the 2nd tier of the Bundesliga. Such a facepalm moment looking back.

Saying that though, I've now been sitting on 86-90s for god knows how long, and all because EA won't play ball with icons.

Well the IF Hectors genuinely shouldn't have risen. That was just a case where EA incompetence favoured everyone who had German IFs, nobody could have predicted an English POTM to require German IFs.

I suppose that's just a prime example of IFs from popular nations/leagues generally materialising. At some point, they will rise, they're as easy an investment you'll get if you're happy to just buy them and wait it out.

Been a long time for the 86-90s, I sold mine twice over for their lowest points unfortunately. You'd expect we'll get a new icon set in 4 days' time, but I genuinely think the requirements will involve an icon and perhaps an 83/84 squad. EA seem to be reluctant to do big icon releases, I feel as though they're happy with their strategy to hold back on the bigger icons and offer the lesser ones who are more in-line with the current standard of players available. I don't agree at all because it's not as if the tradable cards aren't in the game, but based on that we mightn't see some big squad requirements for some time
  • Akifo
    536 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Sebastien Haller, Thorgan Hazard, Luka Jovic, Alassane Plea, Ante Rebic and Marco Reus are the candidates for the Bundesliga’s official November Player of the Month award.

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/news/Bundesliga/player-of-the-month-2018-19-ea-sports-fifa-19-514713.jsp
  • KinggHuss
    1993 posts Fans' Favourite
    You guys reckon IF Terodde is a good investment for POTM Reus? Currently the cheapest German IF priced at 13k...
  • Shehraj
    5729 posts Big Money Move
    edited December 2018
    KinggHuss wrote: »
    You guys reckon IF Terodde is a good investment for POTM Reus? Currently the cheapest German IF priced at 13k...

too expensive, he would have been a good pick at 11k but i would not go in at 13
  • KinggHuss
    1993 posts Fans' Favourite
    Shehraj wrote: »

too expensive, he would have been a good pick at 11k but i would not go in at 13

I reckon he'll drop down to 12k when rewards roll out on Thursday even though he'll be out of packs. Might pick a few up and sell during the POTM release hype.
  • miri
    2719 posts Fans' Favourite

I picked up 20 for 11-11.5 during lightning rounds, but didn't go too mad because I wasn't convinced about his price recovering. Already have 30 Lang as well. I really think they'll somehow mix up the requirements this month anyway.
  • CeeQue
    10271 posts Has That Special Something
    Any Bundesliga IF's are smart buys atm. Even on the hype or long term they will be needed.
  • Akifo

If the requirement is Bundesliga instead of German nationality, youre screwed.
  • Shezzzzzzz
    1115 posts Professional
    Absolute boom. Bought so many ulreichs at 700-800 just an hour ago in prep... easy 300k profit here
  • Footfan
    2600 posts Fans' Favourite
    Shezzzzzzz wrote: »
    Absolute boom. Bought so many ulreichs at 700-800 just an hour ago in prep... easy 300k profit here

Lucky *****
  • Shezzzzzzz
    1115 posts Professional
    Footfan wrote: »
    Shezzzzzzz wrote: »

Lucky *****

Looked at the games and this was the only one that stood out. So went in on ulreichs and ziyechs. Literally just flipped them for a total of around d 350k profit within 20 mins. People panic buying them. They are going back down now.
  • michael15172211
    475 posts An Exciting Prospect
    insigne SBC requires 85 and 86 rated players and they have barely risen? why
  • Stevie_G
    997 posts Professional

No demand unfortunately. To ask for 350k on an untradable 90 Insigne is absurd, when his 89 IF is only slightly worse yet tradable at 180k. Next to nobody is doing this
  • HishamAyman
    2675 posts Fans' Favourite
    Players rise more for repeatable sbcs I guess, since people can do the sbc more than ten times but in such an sbc its only done once, and as well no demand on this player. Keep until sterling is announced potm though
  • Stevie_G
    997 posts Professional
    Just an observation, fair play to those of you who invested in the right UCL Live cards a while back. Some of the prices are utterly ridiculous - over 400k for a good but not great Cuadrado card, 230k for a bang average Sanches (check his IG ratings per position), 450k for Fabinho and 1.5m+ for Griezmann/Aguero.

I can't help but think these guys are going to come down once upgrades hit, presumably tomorrow. The next upgrades for each item won't come until in mid-March! As those 3 months go by we'll surely see better cards so these guys will start to fall behind the general meta-standard player.

If you are going to hold beyond tomorrow, then keep a very close eye on the draw next week, if your player happens to be facing a Juve/Man City in the R16 tie, then their price will definitely dip as traders panic sell
  • Akifo
    Just an observation, fair play to those of you who invested in the right UCL Live cards a while back. Some of the prices are utterly ridiculous - over 400k for a good but not great Cuadrado card, 230k for a bang average Sanches (check his IG ratings per position), 450k for Fabinho and 1.5m+ for Griezmann/Aguero.

I can't help but think these guys are going to come down once upgrades hit, presumably tomorrow. The next upgrades for each item won't come until in mid-March! As those 3 months go by we'll surely see better cards so these guys will start to fall behind the general meta-standard player.

If you are going to hold beyond tomorrow, then keep a very close eye on the draw next week, if your player happens to be facing a Juve/Man City in the R16 tie, then their price will definitely dip as traders panic sell

Cant agree more. Dump them UCL Live cards, ez profit.
  • Tommygunn
    3122 posts National Call-Up
    Left wing. Ah well won’t be doing him
  • DeMolay145
    532 posts An Exciting Prospect
    LW? Shm. My POTM Hazard laughs at that card.
  • Footfan
    One of the worst 88 cards in the game. His stats dont match an 88 rated card.
  • A_Snipe
    1855 posts Play-Off Hero
    One of the worst 88 cards in the game. His stats dont match an 88 rated card.

Average of pace and shot is 88 so that’s what they base it off of probably
  • pedro___
    261 posts Sunday League Hero
    Zv1k0 wrote: »

EA, change the video, hes scoring from the right side. :hushed:
  • DANNYDANNYINGS
    699 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Would have done it if it was RW so I could finally throw POTM Lucas into the abyss, not touching at LW
  • Tommygunn
    3122 posts National Call-Up
    Would have done it if it was RW so I could finally throw POTM Lucas into the abyss, not touching at LW

Wow Wow wow don’t talk crazy talk. Potm lucas is still ripping it up. I tried to replace him with Pedro and that was short lived
  • Footfan
    edited December 2018
    Vamos i just packed Sergio Ramos from the premiuim gold players pack in UCL marquee matchups, yess! My most expensive non icon pull
  • Akifo
    Vamos i just packed Sergio Ramos from the premiuim gold players pack in UCL marquee matchups, yess! My most expensive non icon pull

Wrong thread mate.
  • Footfan
    edited December 2018
    Akifo wrote: »

Wrong thread mate.

Right thread, it involves SBC investing. I invested in players who are needed in the marquee matchups sbc (after it came out). It paid off after getting Ramos
  • scds88
    18 posts Ball Boy
    edited December 2018
    Class act EA, making Sterling LW. How hard can this sht be? Guess lucas will stay there for a while. Still in doubt doing the SBC or not, 270k in pack worth plus an 88 SBC fodder (30k) isn't that bad. Do not have the greatest pack luck though (but I do like to take a gamble :joy: )

PS - anyone interested in 26 if Bernardo Silva's?
  • Footfan
    scds88 wrote: »
    Class act EA, making Sterling LW. How hard can this sht be? Guess lucas will stay there for a while. Still in doubt doing the SBC or not, 270k in pack worth plus an 88 SBC fodder (30k) isn't that bad. Do not have the greatest pack luck though (but I do like to take a gamble :joy: )

PS - anyone interested in 26 if Bernardo Silva's?

I dont know where you get your numbers ftom, the packs add up to 210k