Official POTM/SBC INVESTING THREAD (Dual reason IF investing)

Comments

• Footfan
    2600 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited December 2018
    Shezzzzzzz wrote: »
    What we thinking for BPL POTM then? Sterling?

There's no thinking. Goals win POTMs. Sterling has the joint most goals but he has the most assists. Sterling will definitely win. 99% sure
  • Shezzzzzzz
    1001 posts Professional
    Footfan wrote: »

Sterling will definitely win. 99% sure

99% of the time he will definitely win 100% of the time?
  • Stevie_G
    965 posts Semi-Pro

There's no thinking. Goals win POTMs. Sterling has the joint most goals but he has the most assists. Sterling will definitely win

Unfortunately, this is probably true. While Sterling wasn't super dominant, influence isn't even considered in POTM voting. Attackers almost always win it, and the common determinant of the best attacker in football is goals.

The only midfielder that's won it in the past 3 years was Alli (and he's an attacking mid anyway). Kante won the bloody POTY last year and still couldn't get himself a POTM. Defenders/GKs may as well forget about it
  • Shezzzzzzz
    1001 posts Professional
    Stevie_G wrote: »

There's no thinking. Goals win POTMs. Sterling has the joint most goals but he has the most assists. Sterling will definitely win

Unfortunately, this is probably true. While Sterling wasn't super dominant, influence isn't even considered in POTM voting. Attackers almost always win it, and the common determinant of the best attacker in football is goals.

The only midfielder that's won it in the past 3 years was Alli (and he's an attacking mid anyway). Kante won the bloody POTY last year and still couldn't get himself a POTM. Defenders/GKs may as well forget about it

Yeah I think it will sterling.

If it is, what do we think will be the requirements? Will they require his IF? Surely this is the easy way to get the cost up.

Also a pre squad with Man city x 3 + IF 83/84 rated?

Then a scored against with Southampton and shakhtar players?

This is pretty much what I've prepped for
  • Ibte10
    1714 posts Play-Off Hero

If it is, what do we think will be the requirements? Will they require his IF? Surely this is the easy way to get the cost up.

It’s a PL POTM so I am sure Champions league performances won’t count.
  • Murf1985
    329 posts Sunday League Hero

After the Bundes POTM German IF I’ve gone for loads of Tammy Abraham IF as he’s the cheapest English IF
  • hiya
    1270 posts Professional
    Murf1985 wrote: »

After the Bundes POTM German IF I’ve gone for loads of Tammy Abraham IF as he’s the cheapest English IF

same
  • Shezzzzzzz
    1001 posts Professional
    Murf1985 wrote: »

There are lots of options compared to German ones though
  • hiya
    1270 posts Professional
    yeah but abraham was cheapest english one (with a decent rating) by 10k

not saying he'll be needed but he was discard and i reckon smarter people than me will get him into the cheapest futbin solution.

he seemed like the player with the chance of biggest profit (doubling coins on)
  • Shezzzzzzz wrote: »

As he'll be rather cheap (sub 300k you'd think), it's probably easier for EA to just ask for a couple of 50-100k squads rather than his IF specifically.

That said, his 86 normal UCL card is down under 90k which is an all time low, you could perhaps look to grab a couple and hope EA make a huge oversight and allow you to use it as a 'special card'. His IF is only up 10-15k from his lowest point 2 weeks ago, so that boat hasn't sailed yet if you want to take the plunge - the risk isn't as high as it was for regular Hazard and Auba cards for their respective POTMs.

hiya wrote: »

not saying he'll be needed but he was discard and i reckon smarter people than me will get him into the cheapest futbin solution.

Putting our arguments aside, that middle line rings pretty true. You know full well that plenty of hype investors will be jumping on IF Tammy and even if an English IF isn't specifically required, people will spam squads with him included. We saw those Belgian IFs Coosemans/Capon rise to 30k for the Sane POTM last year due to Futbin solution spamming, even when KDB didn't win and thus they weren't required at all!
  • xGeorgeSmithx
    5288 posts Big Money Move
    Thinking about going big on 83’s for Futmas but ain’t 100% sure yet. It’s sounds the obvious investment but we all know how EA have been this year.
  • Scds
    905 posts Semi-Pro
    edited December 2018
    Last year 83s didn’t rose that much, an average of 1.5 to 2k. 84s and up did though (for example average 84 was 4-5k most of the days).

Can’t wait! First potm though, lets see that if bernardo silva rise.
  • xGeorgeSmithx
    5288 posts Big Money Move
    Scds wrote: »
    Last year 83s didn’t rose that much, an average of 1.5 to 2k. 84s and up did though (for example average 84 was 4-5k most of the days).

84’s are already around that area this year but the safest bet is informs so I’ll probably go ahead with them as it’s not relying on one thing.
  • Epasc1
    64 posts Park Captain

Can you see his standard card price rising?
  • Iwan1807
    288 posts Sunday League Hero
    What do you think about UCL Sterling as POTM Sterling is incoming? His price has fallen down to 80K and I think I will go all in.
  • hiya
    1270 posts Professional

Putting our arguments aside, that middle line rings pretty true. You know full well that plenty of hype investors will be jumping on IF Tammy and even if an English IF isn't specifically required, people will spam squads with him included. We saw those Belgian IFs Coosemans/Capon rise to 30k for the Sane POTM last year due to Futbin solution spamming, even when KDB didn't win and thus they weren't required at all!

yeah, that's what i'm banking on.
    even if he 'only' catches up with the next english IF you'll still make 2-3k per card
  • Scds
    905 posts Semi-Pro
    edited December 2018
    Epasc1 wrote: »

Can you see his standard card price rising?
    Personally i think so yes, as for me the front runners are Sané and Sterling (must be a city player at least after the month they had) and the difference between the cheapest and second cheapest inform is immense (45/95k). It’s a little bit of a unusual period though with futmas starting friday as well so that can influence hype/focus. Think 82 informs like ramirez are a good shout too for 12/13k and 81s for nearly discard as the futmas players sbc last year made them rise to 15-20k (depending on the hype of the player available that day).
  • DeMolay145
    532 posts An Exciting Prospect
    New League SBCs today?
  • hiya wrote: »

yeah, that's what i'm banking on.
    even if he 'only' catches up with the next english IF you'll still make 2-3k per card

Normally he'd be fine just in the hype but I feel the lack of an official award date makes that void. You'll just have to hope he's needed, and if not, then the 'BUY IF ABRAHAM QUICK FIRST' squads might be your saviour.

DeMolay145 wrote: »
    New League SBCs today?

Realistically, no unfortunately. We've known for years EA have never done a league SBC set during a promo, they do not want to be giving cheap packs out. I hope you're right but can't see it myself.

Quick note if you've prepped EPL/La Liga, the current SBC has sent prices crazy for certain players. English LM/RM/LW/RW are going for over 4k a man, Spanish CBs are travelling for 1.9k minimum and German CMs are going for 1.5k too. Good time to clear those guys and you can just rebuy them in a few days' time (golds only btw)
  • Dasco
    6476 posts Big Money Move
    'RE :- Futmas investing

If it was me, I'd be recommending 84s & 85s, especially wingers and fullback. More risky as there's potential for narrow or 3atb forms, however these are the cards that have the largest spikes when 85 overalls are required. 84s and 85s in general will hit most requirements for your mid tier sbc reqs.

Informs I haven't looked at prices recently, but it's difficult to go wrong on discard informs from popular leagues or nations.

As a side tip, I would ensure having a couple of screamer cards, I'm certain they were required for a few futmas sbcs last year. (Or year year). They're probably still discard, so it's worth having a couple stored.
  • Dasco wrote: »

If it was me, I'd be recommending 84s & 85s, especially wingers and fullback. More risky as there's potential for narrow or 3atb forms, however these are the cards that have the largest spikes when 85 overalls are required. 84s and 85s in general will hit most requirements for your mid tier sbc reqs.

Informs I haven't looked at prices recently, but it's difficult to go wrong on discard informs from popular leagues or nations.

As a side tip, I would ensure having a couple of screamer cards, I'm certain they were required for a few futmas sbcs last year. (Or year year). They're probably still discard, so it's worth having a couple stored.

Screamers were required 2 years ago but not in FIFA 18. To the best of my knowledge, FIFA 18 requirements were 81-86 rated squads with or without informs, and that was it I think. Fair enough to have a couple stored of course though, you just never know with EA. That said, it seems they've just forgotten about screamers full stop, there's been a couple of full moons since they last shifted their stats!

Unfortunately 84s in popular positions are already inflated at the moment, but with the sheer number of daily player SBCs we should expect, I'm also confident they'll go higher at some point, but I'm unsure if they'll dip first and then rise. In that case it might be worth holding back a little, don't go all in incase the first few players are either sub 82 or over 85 rated squads, in which case 84s will tank a bit.

In terms of my own input, I agree completely with your second point. My best advice would have to be under 15k informs from the popular leagues, nations and positions (defenders and wingers if possible). Recent TOTWs have provided a few, and we know that they're always required for something, whether that be POTM, POTS, FUTmas or flashback SBCs. If you're patient, they'll go up at some point almost certainly
  • Dasco
    Dasco wrote: »

Screamers were required 2 years ago but not in FIFA 18. To the best of my knowledge, FIFA 18 requirements were 81-86 rated squads with or without informs, and that was it I think. Fair enough to have a couple stored of course though, you just never know with EA. That said, it seems they've just forgotten about screamers full stop, there's been a couple of full moons since they last shifted their stats!

Unfortunately 84s in popular positions are already inflated at the moment, but with the sheer number of daily player SBCs we should expect, I'm also confident they'll go higher at some point, but I'm unsure if they'll dip first and then rise. In that case it might be worth holding back a little, don't go all in incase the first few players are either sub 82 or over 85 rated squads, in which case 84s will tank a bit.

In terms of my own input, I agree completely with your second point. My best advice would have to be under 15k informs from the popular leagues, nations and positions (defenders and wingers if possible). Recent TOTWs have provided a few, and we know that they're always required for something, whether that be POTM, POTS, FUTmas or flashback SBCs. If you're patient, they'll go up at some point almost certainly

Yeah that's a bit frustrating with the screamers. Been what, a month + since the last "shift"? Disappointing. Fair enough on the 17' req, I meant to put "previous year" in brackets :lol: )

The price of 84s will probably vary on when EA announce the promo for FUTMAS. If there's a gap between promotions AND a weekend league reward drops before the announcement of FUTMAS, then is likely the time to load up. I don't have a clue on what pack promotions they did on the lead up to XMAS, but I'd guess it'll be nothing major until boxing day LR's (lightning rounds)

I was so close to loading up on IF Hectors before the Sancho SBC and decided against it when someone told me he was in the 2nd tier of the Bundesliga. Such a facepalm moment looking back.

Saying that though, I've now been sitting on 86-90s for god knows how long, and all because EA won't play ball with icons.
  • Dasco
    That Laporte is not worth it.
  • Tommygunn
    2943 posts National Call-Up

Not even though his nif is op and widely used
  • miri
    2613 posts Fans' Favourite
    Saying that though, I've now been sitting on 86-90s for god knows how long, and all because EA won't play ball with icons.

I was doing this with Godins and all I can say is I made the right decision to offload when the Dani Alves SBC was out. It's going to be the biggest bust in EA history when Icon Set 4 is Lehman, Puyol, Moore and Shearer. :joy:

EA are really messing with people trying to make coins without spending money this year.
  • maximilson
    553 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Tommygunn wrote: »

Really? Used his CL card for a while and he was pretty bad :|
  • Shehraj
    5697 posts Big Money Move

lol since when
  • Tommygunn
    2943 posts National Call-Up
    Sorry poor use of punctuation
    maximilson wrote: »

Really? Used his CL card for a while and he was pretty bad :|

I meant it’s not even as though his nif is op and widely used
  • munchie63
    2715 posts Fans' Favourite

With you on that mate

I could do it easily with what I have stored, but reckon on 20k for the IF and around 30k for the rest of the team......50-60k of players

you can buy 86 UCL Kompany for less than half of that
  • michael15172211
    432 posts Sunday League Hero
    otamendi would be a good investment for this POTM, and would this weeks IF Hernandez and IF Tammy Abraham be worth it?