Official POTM/SBC INVESTING THREAD (Dual reason IF investing)

Comments

• Tommygunn
    3127 posts National Call-Up
    Lambo91 wrote: »
    I don't know why you guys thought Cancelo won't get a OTW lol I warned you guys. It's a RB from Juve, we don't have many RB's; we let Cuadrado play in that position when Cancelo wasn't there so I saw it coming. I think Emre Can should of got one as well but I guess we have too many midfielders, EA didn't think he's worth giving him one.

For the love of god stop. It was a guess. Not divine intervention. Your dad isn’t a developer. Your auntie doesn’t serve canelo in a shop and he told her. It was a guess.
  • JamieT96
    6980 posts Big Money Move
    I don't know why you guys thought Cancelo won't get a OTW lol I warned you guys. It's a RB from Juve, we don't have many RB's; we let Cuadrado play in that position when Cancelo wasn't there so I saw it coming. I think Emre Can should of got one as well but I guess we have too many midfielders, EA didn't think he's worth giving him one.

Here he goes again....
  • Lambo91
    1676 posts Play-Off Hero
    Tommygunn wrote: »

For the love of god stop. It was a guess. Not divine intervention. Your dad isn’t a developer. Your auntie doesn’t serve canelo in a shop and he told her. It was a guess.

An educated guess. I watch every single Juve game so if you want any investments that has to do with Juve players let me know.
  • CeeQue
    10419 posts Has That Special Something
    Any thoughts on Double MM in a week? Now that EA has both cups can they do MM Europe Tuesdays and regular on Thursdays?

They did this during the 1st year of SBC's.
  • Lambo91
    1676 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited September 2018
    I wonder if they're gonna give us a guaranteed OTW SBC during the promo. Maybe an 83 rated squad with 1 team of the week player could be a fair requirement. I know they did it at the end of FIFA but I don't think they did it during the OTW promo correct me if I'm wrong.
  • JamieT96
    I wonder if they're gonna give us a guaranteed OTW SBC during the promo. Maybe an 83 rated squad with 1 team of the week player could be a fair requirement. I know they did it at the end of FIFA but I don't think they did it during the OTW promo correct me if I'm wrong.

They won't, only for the Winter OTW.
  • Lambo91
    1676 posts Play-Off Hero
    JamieT96 wrote: »

They won't, only for the Winter OTW.

Thanks for the clarification.
  • Deslash
    1318 posts Play-Off Hero
    Potm is very likely Hazard no?

I guess januzaj would be a good investement like he is the highest rated Belgian RM?
  • Idek
    9860 posts League Winner
    Any news on Bundes POTM?
  • Stevie_G
    1001 posts Professional
    Deslash wrote: »
    Potm is very likely Hazard no?

I guess januzaj would be a good investement like he is the highest rated Belgian RM?

Yeah Hazard's gotta be the frontrunner, the hype around him should be enough.

I wouldn't personally be investing in low-rated Belgians. We saw a POTM Hazard roughly the same time in FIFA 17 and everyone had gone in on low-rated Belgians/Chelsea players, only for EA to require 84+ rated squads and make him super expensive.

If the 92 inform Hazard is nearly 800k, we're looking at a 93/94 Hazard being priced at anywhere from 600k - 1 million depending on requirements. I wouldn't be shocked to see a Hazard card be required and then some cheap PL/Chelsea/Ligue 1/Belgian squads outside of that, which won't cost much.

Outside of that you're probably best to look at 86+ rated players from the PL (and potentially Belgium/Ligue 1)
  • Stevie_G
    1001 posts Professional
    Idek wrote: »
    Any news on Bundes POTM?

Added to that, what's the go with League SBCs and Prime Icon SBCs this year? Haven't heard confirmation of either of these yet, really hoping they go ahead with both as they were probably the best part of FIFA 18.

I can't imagine EA ignoring Prime Icon SBCs because they'll sell so many FIFA Points, but I'm a little wary there mightn't be League SBCs this year (we had 2 on release last year).

Should league SBCs come into play - any suspicion this week's MM might lean towards Eredivisie/Liga NOS in the next week or 2? EA have effectively cleared bronzes/silvers/golds from both leagues in all positions which was a common giveaway last year for upcoming leagues.........
  • Aarong222
    15389 posts Moderator
    Aarong222 wrote: »
    TOTW Predictions:

TOTW, especially in the early weeks/months play a big part in investing with potential candidates being scarce resulting in a demand higher than the availability and thus pushing prices up. Alongside OTW items.

phSV2tA.jpg
    totw-3-predictions-fut-19.jpg

https://www.futhead.com/news/totw-predictions/1971/fut-19-totw-3-stats-players-ratings/

• Zv1k0
    5759 posts Big Money Move
    League SBCs!
  • Shezzzzzzz
    1168 posts Professional
    Stevie_G wrote: »
    Any news on Bundes POTM?
    I'm a little wary there mightn't be League SBCs this year

Good predicton 😉
  • Hayter
    221 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Might pick up some maguires. Thoughts on this?
  • 7ofst
    46 posts Park Captain
    Any suggestions for MM?
  • Lambo91
    1676 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited October 2018
    Since pace doesn't mean much in this game, that IF Mandzukic is gonna be fun to use. FORZA JUVE!!
  • Derryboy1893
    3542 posts National Call-Up
    7ofst wrote: »
    Any suggestions for MM?

Liverpool - Citeh
    PSG - Lyon
    CSKA - Lokomotiv
    Racing club - boca juniors(quite fancy this one with the recent release of league sbc)
  • Matnevesbra
    1099 posts Professional
    Any suggestions for MM?

Liverpool - Citeh
    PSG - Lyon
    CSKA - Lokomotiv
    Racing club - boca juniors(quite fancy this one with the recent release of league sbc)

Benfica x porto
  • JamieT96
    Any suggestions for MM?

Liverpool - Citeh
    PSG - Lyon
    CSKA - Lokomotiv

Can't see them requiring Liverpool 2 weeks in a row.
  • Matnevesbra
    1099 posts Professional
    Imo

Benfica x porto
    Psg x Lyon
    Cska x lokomotiv
    Gamba osaka x cerezo osaka
  • Derryboy1893
    3542 posts National Call-Up
    JamieT96 wrote: »
    Any suggestions for MM?

Liverpool - Citeh
    PSG - Lyon
    CSKA - Lokomotiv

Can't see them requiring Liverpool 2 weeks in a row.

Valid point, as I couldn't see any predictions I just had a quick scan through fixtures.
  • Iwan1807
    326 posts Sunday League Hero
    Do you know why Filipe Luis is 20K? Do you think he will raise or fall?
  • Stevie_G
    1001 posts Professional
    Zv1k0 wrote: »
    League SBCs!

Damn, just put up a post yesterday asking if they'd come back and here they are!

Really not sure what to think of them. I like some aspects but I really think they've overlooked a lot too.

Key implications IMO:
    1. The players are almost never going to be worth getting, prices won't come down enough as you can no longer get silvers doing BPM/opening gold packs.
    2. Opening promo packs from the store below a 35k value will almost never be worth it. Give it a few months and you'll always be better off just doing one of the team's SBC over and over again.
    3. Silver pack method could be OP in a few months time

So overall, I think the player pick option is really cool. However, if EA had intentions on making these repeatable, there should have been an absolute tonne of brick slots in every squad. No way is anyone spending 300k on the EFL/SAF leagues - you might get 100-150k back in packs and that's just too much to risk losing.

Going forward, any bronze/silver based teams should be heavily brick slotted and only require 6-7 players at most, otherwise league SBCs are gonna be a real bust
  • jamcd
    451 posts Sunday League Hero
    League SBCs!

Damn, just put up a post yesterday asking if they'd come back and here they are!

Really not sure what to think of them. I like some aspects but I really think they've overlooked a lot too.

Key implications IMO:
    1. The players are almost never going to be worth getting, prices won't come down enough as you can no longer get silvers doing BPM/opening gold packs.
    2. Opening promo packs from the store below a 35k value will almost never be worth it. Give it a few months and you'll always be better off just doing one of the team's SBC over and over again.
    3. Silver pack method could be OP in a few months time

So overall, I think the player pick option is really cool. However, if EA had intentions on making these repeatable, there should have been an absolute tonne of brick slots in every squad. No way is anyone spending 300k on the EFL/SAF leagues - you might get 100-150k back in packs and that's just too much to risk losing.

Going forward, any bronze/silver based teams should be heavily brick slotted and only require 6-7 players at most, otherwise league SBCs are gonna be a real bust

You make some very good points. I really wish EA would do more to get feedback from the public (maybe they do, I guess it's hard to know).
    League SBCs!
    Give it a few months and you'll always be better off just doing one of the team's SBC over and over again.

Do you think/know if each individual challenge is repeatable? I'd have assumed that you'd have to complete the entire SBC set to be able to repeat individual ones? Otherwise that is completely daft and there will probably be some almost permanently extinct players.

• apfelmus_maCHer1
    46666 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Are the League sbcs repeatable?
  • Idek
    9860 posts League Winner
    Pretty sure you have to complete the whole set for it to become repeatable, you can't just spam one team over and over

• Sporter
    636 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited October 2018
    They look to be doing the ‘biggest’ leagues (in terms of number of teams) first. Read into that what you will.

Edit - MLS next? First Monday of November at 6pm UK time? Just speculation as of now.
  • pha007
    208 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Imo

Benfica x porto
    Psg x Lyon
    Cska x lokomotiv
    Gamba osaka x cerezo osaka

My prediction:

CSKA x Lokomotiv
    Paris x Lyon
    Bayern x M'gladbach
    Cerezo x Gamba Osaka

• Stevie_G
    1001 posts Professional
    jamcd wrote: »
    League SBCs!
    Give it a few months and you'll always be better off just doing one of the team's SBC over and over again.

Do you think/know if each individual challenge is repeatable? I'd have assumed that you'd have to complete the entire SBC set to be able to repeat individual ones? Otherwise that is completely daft and there will probably be some almost permanently extinct players.

The individual challenges aren't repeatable as mentioned in the comment below, good point to raise.
    Pretty sure you have to complete the whole set for it to become repeatable, you can't just spam one team over and over

I should have been more specific. Sure, with these early leagues, there'll be too many overpriced silvers for the entire league to be worth it so the individual challenges won't be worth it.

However, as we see each year with some of the mid-tier and major leagues (look at Serie A, Eredivisie, Liga NOS from last year for example), there are so many golds that the entire league SBC is actually profitable. As long as EA don't require special cards or absurdly high ratings for these kinds of leagues, you're looking at being able to rinse and repeat these SBCs over and over, during times like TOTY/TOTS when prices are cheap, and generate roughly 500k worth of packs for 150-200k if last year's prices are to go by