Official POTM/SBC INVESTING THREAD (Dual reason IF investing)

Comments

  • Stevie_G
    991 posts Semi-Pro
    Quality post @JamieT96, you pretty much hit the nail on the head there.

    Who knows what EA will change this year. We'll obviously see minor league TOTS cards as you mentioned, I really hope they do full squads like FIFA 17 (as opposed to the weekly ROTW SBC from FIFA 18). I loved trying 4-5 random TOTS cards each week back in FIFA 17, last year we only had about 10 useable ones in total and they were often tough to link anyway!

    The weekly TOTS packs ranged from 81 rated squads with 2 TOTS (EFL) all the way to 85 rated squads with 2 TOTS (Ultimate TOTS). These were a real hit last year, we saw low-end TOTS cards rise from 20-30k to 80-90k after a couple of weeks which is something to be mindful of, investment-wise (but only if we don't get full squads for the minor leagues).

    Another interesting situation will be whether we get silver/bronze TOTS MC squads like the old days, or gold TOTS MC only as in FIFA 18. Again, I really hope we go back to the old times - bronze pack method will be insanely profitable, and then turning the spare league SBC bronzes into the CSL/Saudi/J-League/EFL league SBCs will give you a great chance as hitting silver TOTS cards, and again making profit.

    After another week without a promo, I can't imagine TOTS would be all that far away now! Probably another week coming up like last week, where we get a handful of icon SBCs (there's still 15 left which I'd assume they want to do before TOTS). Looking forward to it as always!
  • JamieT96
    6969 posts Big Money Move
    Stevie_G wrote: »
    Quality post @JamieT96, you pretty much hit the nail on the head there.

    Who knows what EA will change this year. We'll obviously see minor league TOTS cards as you mentioned, I really hope they do full squads like FIFA 17 (as opposed to the weekly ROTW SBC from FIFA 18). I loved trying 4-5 random TOTS cards each week back in FIFA 17, last year we only had about 10 useable ones in total and they were often tough to link anyway!

    The weekly TOTS packs ranged from 81 rated squads with 2 TOTS (EFL) all the way to 85 rated squads with 2 TOTS (Ultimate TOTS). These were a real hit last year, we saw low-end TOTS cards rise from 20-30k to 80-90k after a couple of weeks which is something to be mindful of, investment-wise (but only if we don't get full squads for the minor leagues).

    Another interesting situation will be whether we get silver/bronze TOTS MC squads like the old days, or gold TOTS MC only as in FIFA 18. Again, I really hope we go back to the old times - bronze pack method will be insanely profitable, and then turning the spare league SBC bronzes into the CSL/Saudi/J-League/EFL league SBCs will give you a great chance as hitting silver TOTS cards, and again making profit.

    After another week without a promo, I can't imagine TOTS would be all that far away now! Probably another week coming up like last week, where we get a handful of icon SBCs (there's still 15 left which I'd assume they want to do before TOTS). Looking forward to it as always!

    Completely agree with you on wanting full squads for the ROTW. Also I'd love to see the return of silver and bronze TOTS cards.

    I'd guess we'll see another 6 icons drop today.
  • Stevie_G
    991 posts Semi-Pro
    JamieT96 wrote: »
    Stevie_G wrote: »
    Quality post @JamieT96, you pretty much hit the nail on the head there.

    Who knows what EA will change this year. We'll obviously see minor league TOTS cards as you mentioned, I really hope they do full squads like FIFA 17 (as opposed to the weekly ROTW SBC from FIFA 18). I loved trying 4-5 random TOTS cards each week back in FIFA 17, last year we only had about 10 useable ones in total and they were often tough to link anyway!

    The weekly TOTS packs ranged from 81 rated squads with 2 TOTS (EFL) all the way to 85 rated squads with 2 TOTS (Ultimate TOTS). These were a real hit last year, we saw low-end TOTS cards rise from 20-30k to 80-90k after a couple of weeks which is something to be mindful of, investment-wise (but only if we don't get full squads for the minor leagues).

    Another interesting situation will be whether we get silver/bronze TOTS MC squads like the old days, or gold TOTS MC only as in FIFA 18. Again, I really hope we go back to the old times - bronze pack method will be insanely profitable, and then turning the spare league SBC bronzes into the CSL/Saudi/J-League/EFL league SBCs will give you a great chance as hitting silver TOTS cards, and again making profit.

    After another week without a promo, I can't imagine TOTS would be all that far away now! Probably another week coming up like last week, where we get a handful of icon SBCs (there's still 15 left which I'd assume they want to do before TOTS). Looking forward to it as always!

    Completely agree with you on wanting full squads for the ROTW. Also I'd love to see the return of silver and bronze TOTS cards.

    I'd guess we'll see another 6 icons drop today.

    Good chance we will, they've gotta come eventually. 7 of the big dog icons are still to come (along with 8 poorer ones). Without a promo on the way I can only see the 88-90 rated cards going even higher than they already are, I've gone in on them and just have to hope EA deliver.

    Part of me wanted to grab a few cheap icons (in the off chance EA actually make the Pele/Eusebio type SBCs require 4-5 icons like FIFA 18), but with 1 icon requirements for every single big prime so far, there's absolutely no reason to believe they'll be required.
  • JamieT96
    6969 posts Big Money Move
    Stevie_G wrote: »
    JamieT96 wrote: »
    Stevie_G wrote: »
    Quality post @JamieT96, you pretty much hit the nail on the head there.

    Who knows what EA will change this year. We'll obviously see minor league TOTS cards as you mentioned, I really hope they do full squads like FIFA 17 (as opposed to the weekly ROTW SBC from FIFA 18). I loved trying 4-5 random TOTS cards each week back in FIFA 17, last year we only had about 10 useable ones in total and they were often tough to link anyway!

    The weekly TOTS packs ranged from 81 rated squads with 2 TOTS (EFL) all the way to 85 rated squads with 2 TOTS (Ultimate TOTS). These were a real hit last year, we saw low-end TOTS cards rise from 20-30k to 80-90k after a couple of weeks which is something to be mindful of, investment-wise (but only if we don't get full squads for the minor leagues).

    Another interesting situation will be whether we get silver/bronze TOTS MC squads like the old days, or gold TOTS MC only as in FIFA 18. Again, I really hope we go back to the old times - bronze pack method will be insanely profitable, and then turning the spare league SBC bronzes into the CSL/Saudi/J-League/EFL league SBCs will give you a great chance as hitting silver TOTS cards, and again making profit.

    After another week without a promo, I can't imagine TOTS would be all that far away now! Probably another week coming up like last week, where we get a handful of icon SBCs (there's still 15 left which I'd assume they want to do before TOTS). Looking forward to it as always!

    Completely agree with you on wanting full squads for the ROTW. Also I'd love to see the return of silver and bronze TOTS cards.

    I'd guess we'll see another 6 icons drop today.

    Good chance we will, they've gotta come eventually. 7 of the big dog icons are still to come (along with 8 poorer ones). Without a promo on the way I can only see the 88-90 rated cards going even higher than they already are, I've gone in on them and just have to hope EA deliver.

    Part of me wanted to grab a few cheap icons (in the off chance EA actually make the Pele/Eusebio type SBCs require 4-5 icons like FIFA 18), but with 1 icon requirements for every single big prime so far, there's absolutely no reason to believe they'll be required.

    I think the Cruyff SBC said it all, 1 Icon per SBC, maybe 2 for the Gullit's and R9's.
  • munchie63
    2759 posts Fans' Favourite
    I remember last year doing those League upgrade player packs early on a Saturday morning.
    Hit a Ligue 1 TOTS player 4 packs in a row inc Cavani. Nearly woke the house up.
  • Might be worth stocking up on 84/85's before POTY sbc. Especially EPL/English/man city.
  • Got 300k what’s best to invest lads?
  • Cbn
    445 posts Sunday League Hero
    UCL rares might be worth picking up, very low due the yday SBC. Think we might get Tott SBC or something for the semis before tots
  • Stevie_G
    991 posts Semi-Pro
    Been a while, but thought I'd just give the heads up that all Liverpool players are currently up around 6k a man. Definitely worth checking the club, if you've got 4-5 of them and that's one more TOTS player you'll be able to afford!

    Can't remember being less excited for a TOTS, but I'll try my best to throw up some solid investments during the event. Always a risky time for anything other than 83/84s, and TOTS cards themselves. Definitely sell up as much as you possibly can now.

    Depending on whether those guaranteed TOTS SBCs come along, there's a chance for profiting with 82-84s on the days EA release them, but that'll probably be it if last year's anything to go by (hopefully we get a bit more this time around)
  • does anyone think that this year or anytime soon there will be an sbc to swap an 84 rated team with 2 totw players for a tradable tots player ???
  • Tommygunn
    3071 posts National Call-Up
    does anyone think that this year or anytime soon there will be an sbc to swap an 84 rated team with 2 totw players for a tradable tots player ???

    I’ve never seen a sbc like it and I don’t know I can see much point to it. I would doubt it but with ea you never know
  • Tommygunn wrote: »
    does anyone think that this year or anytime soon there will be an sbc to swap an 84 rated team with 2 totw players for a tradable tots player ???

    I’ve never seen a sbc like it and I don’t know I can see much point to it. I would doubt it but with ea you never know

    they did it in February this year or April for toty I believe and then then last year they done it again end of the season for maybe tots ...anyone else got any info on the likelihood of this ??
  • Tommygunn
    3071 posts National Call-Up
    Tommygunn wrote: »
    does anyone think that this year or anytime soon there will be an sbc to swap an 84 rated team with 2 totw players for a tradable tots player ???

    I’ve never seen a sbc like it and I don’t know I can see much point to it. I would doubt it but with ea you never know

    they did it in February this year or April for toty I believe and then then last year they done it again end of the season for maybe tots ...anyone else got any info on the likelihood of this ??

    You mean a tradeable sbc for that week? Yeh they do those
  • hiya
    1364 posts Professional
    they should start with the 84+ IF sbc soon surely?
  • Kalhead
    490 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I think last year they did a 84+TOTS to get a guaranteed tradeable TOTS. Remember the TOTS spiking as a result - think it was on Monday and they seem to be following similar pattern to last year.
  • Stevie_G
    991 posts Semi-Pro
    EA have gone mental here.

    Think it was an 81 rated squad for the community TOTS SBC last year. Forget 82 and 83, just make it an 84...........
    what on earth are the major leagues gonna require then?
  • KRANG00
    1570 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited May 14
    Stevie_G wrote: »
    EA have gone mental here.

    Think it was an 81 rated squad for the community TOTS SBC last year. Forget 82 and 83, just make it an 84...........
    what on earth are the major leagues gonna require then?


    Literally overpriced 99% of sbc’s this year!

    Flashback Zlatan must of been a **** up, Best bargin in Fifa this year by a million miles
  • Stevie_G
    991 posts Semi-Pro
    KRANG00 wrote: »
    Stevie_G wrote: »
    EA have gone mental here.

    Think it was an 81 rated squad for the community TOTS SBC last year. Forget 82 and 83, just make it an 84...........
    what on earth are the major leagues gonna require then?


    Literally overpriced 99% of sbc’s this year!

    Flashback Zlatan must of been a **** up, Best bargin in Fifa this year by a million miles

    Absolutely. I'm running first owner so I've done a lot of SBCs, but to this day, I'd actually go as far as saying he is the only SBC player that's been worth it all year. Perhaps 89 Falcao gets a shout, but that's it.

    Cannot understand this obsession with overpricing everything. Those guaranteed TOTS packs were a highlight for everyone last year, and now the semi-casuals won't even be interested anymore.
  • JamieT96
    6969 posts Big Money Move
    Stevie_G wrote: »
    EA have gone mental here.

    Think it was an 81 rated squad for the community TOTS SBC last year. Forget 82 and 83, just make it an 84...........
    what on earth are the major leagues gonna require then?

    EA realised how generous they were being last year and have adjusted.
  • munchie63
    2759 posts Fans' Favourite
    I reckoned around 60k to do the TOTS sbc ?

    Or simply buy an 86 rated TOTS for 30-40k and keep the change

    they think users are lain stupid
  • Jezzaaa
    359 posts Sunday League Hero
    When will sbc fodders fall back down again? Eusebio’s sbc increased 200k overnight damn
  • Murf1985
    345 posts Sunday League Hero
    Jezzaaa wrote: »
    When will sbc fodders fall back down again? Eusebio’s sbc increased 200k overnight damn

    They won’t while a new 84, 85,86 rated SBC comes out every day.
Sign In or Register to comment.