Official POTM/SBC INVESTING THREAD (Dual reason IF investing)

Comments

• Drussell743
    101 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Tommygunn wrote: »
    The market is so low 86s going for 13.5k. Wow if you invest now when ea release a decent sbc you could double your coins

Would have thought Socrates and hulk would provide the boost. Makes me worried where the market is headed. Especially with more promo packs this weekend
  • Stevie_G
    1007 posts Professional
    edited March 9
    The market is so low 86s going for 13.5k. Wow if you invest now when ea release a decent sbc you could double your coins

Would have thought Socrates and hulk would provide the boost. Makes me worried where the market is headed. Especially with more promo packs this weekend

86+ aren't stupendously low to be fair, they've held their value since yesterday probably due to Hulk and Socrates.

If you're looking for a 100% risk free investment, go for the 80-82 IFs from this TOTW for under 10-12k, and also 83 rated players are discard price at 750 coins. You can't lose there.

The 84s and 85s are also at an all-time low, not quite risk-free but excellent investments nonetheless.
  • Tommygunn
    3160 posts National Call-Up
    Stevie_G wrote: »

86+ aren't stupendously low to be fair, they've held their value since yesterday probably due to Hulk and Socrates.

If you're looking for a 100% risk free investment, go for the 80-82 IFs from this TOTW for under 10-12k, and also 83 rated players are discard price at 750 coins. You can't lose there.

The 84s and 85s are also at an all-time low, not quite risk-free but excellent investments nonetheless.

I was picking verratti up for 13k same for alisson. First decent sbc they’ll comfortably hit 20k more if in some Futbin solutions
  • maunokoivisto
    413 posts Sunday League Hero
    These easy sbc packs, 2for1 packs, easy get coins means that market and players have tons of these cards. And players usually sell their investments at the same time. When really good sbc comes then some cards will go up but generally not worth for big investments.
  • Tommygunn
    These easy sbc packs, 2for1 packs, easy get coins means that market and players have tons of these cards. And players usually sell their investments at the same time. When really good sbc comes then some cards will go up but generally not worth for big investments.

I really disagree with this. I’ve made a stack buying when low
  • miri
    2768 posts Fans' Favourite

I really disagree with this. I’ve made a stack buying when low

Ya, history proves if you're patient you'll always make coins if you buy at the right price. There's still some big SBCs to come with this promo, plenty of room for higher rateds and 83/84s to rise.
  • Stevie_G
    1007 posts Professional
    Just a heads up, the 83 rated squad SBC in Prime Desailly offers a mega pack for around 11-12k, at worst you'll probably break even thanks to discards, definitely worth doing at current prices!
  • Iconman36
    314 posts Sunday League Hero
    Just a heads up, the 83 rated squad SBC in Prime Desailly offers a mega pack for around 11-12k, at worst you'll probably break even thanks to discards, definitely worth doing at current prices!

Thanks for the info bro!
  • CeeQue
    11018 posts Has That Special Something
    edited March 11
    Is there any reason why Scott Sinclair is extinct on the PS4? Was just checking my club and it seems he just rocketed to 50k? Is this because of Carniball Weah?
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    13463 posts Has That Special Something
    CeeQue wrote: »
    Is there any reason why Scott Sinclair is extinct on the PS4? Was just checking my club and it seems he just rocketed to 50k? Is this because of Carniball Weah?

Was looking at him the other night and thinking the same, definitely because of Weah
  • maximilson
    647 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Weah came in handy for the Yedlin SBC B)
  • Mako_Sulu
    538 posts An Exciting Prospect
    When are we expecting Bundesliga POTM to drop?
  • freakjas
    5966 posts Big Money Move
    Mako_Sulu wrote: »
    When are we expecting Bundesliga POTM to drop?

78 mins
  • Jezzaaa
    385 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited March 15
    Man.. wondering when my 85 rated IFs will rise..
  • Tommygunn
    Jezzaaa wrote: »

When ruud, one of the Brazilians, cruyff, Eusebio are released
  • Stevie_G
    1007 posts Professional
    edited March 15
    Jezzaaa wrote: »

When ruud, one of the Brazilians, cruyff, Eusebio are released

They'll be too expensive I'd have thought. Those people who will complete the mega icons have been saving their IFs and high rated untradeables all year for these guys, the casuals won't want to get them so it's questionable whether the market will shift.

For your investments to pay off, you really just need EA to drop the 'right' SBC that the playerbase is all happy to do. A base icon SBC is your best hope, that's when prices were at an all time high for 83-86s. Repeatable high-end SBCs are usually the best for cleaning the market of high rated cards.

If nothing good comes during FUT Birthday, then you'll just need to hope for a spontaneous insane flashback or random SBC card that everyone wants to do (Ibra for example), otherwise it'll probably be at least until TOTS!
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    13463 posts Has That Special Something
    Friend shared this in our group chat, I've been working my way through it

received-346909745919146.jpg
  • Pikandel
    1111 posts Professional
    Should I sell my 81/82 rated IF’s now or wait till FUT Birthday?
  • Tommygunn
    If you bought them cheap there’s no need to sell up. Those ratings of cards should be bought discard or as close to during promo etc so if you’re making profit then sell. If I was you I’d add 5k a card then just keep relishing for lazy buyers that’s what the method is all about
    Pikandel wrote: »
    Should I sell my 81/82 rated IF’s now or wait till FUT Birthday?

• maunokoivisto
    413 posts Sunday League Hero
    Amount of 76-82 card is phenomenal If theres coming IF SBC. So, you put 30-40 k to sbc 5 times and best pull is some Macedonian 82. Sell half now, keep half.
  • Stevie_G
    1007 posts Professional
    Looks like it's gonna be another big promo for FUT Birthday. Probably the last investment potential until TOTS (at which point trading is almost useless), may as well offer my two cents worth.

With 10 prime icon moment SBCs on the way - looking at the ones they might put up - I reckon we might finally see some of the big boys (if not, some very good ones like Best, at the very least). If that happens, we'll get some massive requirements with either icons (unlikely based on EA's patterns so far), or some huge 88-90 rated squads. Even during promos, the 89-90 rated cards seem to spike in price by 5-10k when big SBCs are offered, I'd actually recommend grabbing as many as you can before the event. In spite of all the packs that'll be opened tomorrow I still reckon they'll rise.

Be ready to grab a handful of 83-84s tomorrow too. At the moment I feel as though they've been over-invested into, so I'd probably wait and hope they drop a bit first (84s specifically are at 3.5k+ already). Hopefully we get lightning rounds and nothing too big comes up SBC-wise, it'll be a great time to stock up. It's been ages since TOTW SBCs and EA confirmed we'd get upgrade SBCs of some sorts - add that to the 11 FUT Birthday related player SBCs, and there's big scope for profit I reckon.

In terms of IFs and 85-88s, again I'd probably wait for tomorrow and hope nothing comes along, then stock up if they come down by 15-20% or so. However, I personally see more profit in the 89-90 cards which will start being used extensively if big icons come (for the first time this year really), as well as the cheap 83/84s during lightning rounds, with all those player SBCs on the way
  • miri
    ^ all good advice for sure. Buying up 88-90s during the (hopefully) madness tonight is my plan at least.
  • Iconman36
    314 posts Sunday League Hero
    miri wrote: »
    ^ all good advice for sure. Buying up 88-90s during the (hopefully) madness tonight is my plan at least.

I agree!!!!

Last promo I’ve bought a few godin 90 for 55k the day before the promo just to see that during lightning rounds he went down to 48k, not making the same mistake again!

7 mil in the bank waiting for the market has dropped hard announcement on Futbin lol, and than it’s time to go 🛒 shopping 🛍
  • miri
    Also think sniping relevant players for the weekly objectives at 6pm could be a gold mine. Very short window on that though.
  • Stevie_G
    1007 posts Professional
    Also think sniping relevant players for the weekly objectives at 6pm could be a gold mine. Very short window on that though.

Yep definitely, I remember that being a big moneymaker during TOTS last year for the weekly ROTW objective. 1k players wenre going to 6-7k in a few mins, then straight back down to 2-3k after an hour. There's big profit to be had if you don't get too greedy and sell at the right time
  • michael15172211
    477 posts An Exciting Prospect

Yep definitely, I remember that being a big moneymaker during TOTS last year for the weekly ROTW objective. 1k players wenre going to 6-7k in a few mins, then straight back down to 2-3k after an hour. There's big profit to be had if you don't get too greedy and sell at the right time

i have a lot of 84s, what are your opinions it seems like nothing is making the market move up at the moment, they are even dropping by a bit too tbh
  • Stevie_G
    1007 posts Professional

i have a lot of 84s, what are your opinions it seems like nothing is making the market move up at the moment, they are even dropping by a bit too tbh

Just be patient for your 83s/84s. We've got a good 16 SBCs still on the way, and normally the promo packs EA offers up tends to worsen as the days go on. We've had mass 50k/100k/125k packs so far, expect them to slow down now. Eventually there'll have to be a couple of really desirable and affordable SBCs that shift the market. We haven't even got the upgrade SBCs that EA have promised, so if there's a TOTW/Icon upgrade then that'll be the time the market goes berserk.

Some massive icon moments SBCs would have to be on the way you'd assume too. We've had 15/44 released so far, yet only 1/12 of the most expensive ones. With a further eight icons coming this week (presumably this is the final promo before TOTS, too), you'd have to think we'll get a couple of the big boys....... hence I've personally gone in hard on 90+ cards who I feel will be needed
  • michael15172211
    477 posts An Exciting Prospect

Just be patient for your 83s/84s. We've got a good 16 SBCs still on the way, and normally the promo packs EA offers up tends to worsen as the days go on. We've had mass 50k/100k/125k packs so far, expect them to slow down now. Eventually there'll have to be a couple of really desirable and affordable SBCs that shift the market. We haven't even got the upgrade SBCs that EA have promised, so if there's a TOTW/Icon upgrade then that'll be the time the market goes berserk.

Some massive icon moments SBCs would have to be on the way you'd assume too. We've had 15/44 released so far, yet only 1/12 of the most expensive ones. With a further eight icons coming this week (presumably this is the final promo before TOTS, too), you'd have to think we'll get a couple of the big boys....... hence I've personally gone in hard on 90+ cards who I feel will be needed

Alright thanks for this tip will remain patient
  • miri
    Bought 22 Insignes for 28-30000 over Thursday to Friday, tonight they briefly spiked to closed to 60k. I'm not sure why, but I assume a futbin solution? Managed to offload 14 for 58k during that period. A juicy 352k profit. 8 more to sell if they drop another decent SBC. Best bit of profit in a while for me (stopped actively trading after TOTY).
  • Pikandel
    1111 posts Professional
    IF Zuber going for 30k atm!
    Don’t know if someone invested in him?