Official POTM/SBC INVESTING THREAD (Dual reason IF investing)

Comments

• Zv1k0
    5926 posts Big Money Move
    I'm scared to invest because of all those people claiming they got banned for trading/investing over the last couple of weeks.
  • miri
    2768 posts Fans' Favourite
    Iks wrote: »
    miri wrote: »
    Dropping bids on Insigne at 30-31k, his BIN is 33k atm and he hasn't been much lower than that so feels like a risk free investment. He's flown up to 50k before so could be some good profit there. Similar with all 88-90s right now. Was looking at 83-84s originally but found bids so contested that I ended up not bothering, they might be over invested.

84 are at their lowest point since 2 month ! Yes they were lower a few days ago but they are still a crazy good and easy investment imo.

Yeah, not debating that :)
  • KRANG00
    1736 posts Play-Off Hero
    Zv1k0 wrote: »
    I'm scared to invest because of all those people claiming they got banned for trading/investing over the last couple of weeks.

Be smart with selling investments and you should be fine.
  • Tommygunn
    3159 posts National Call-Up
    Yeh everyone who has been banned has generally been hoarding using the unassigned glitch
  • Iconman36
    314 posts Sunday League Hero
    KRANG00 wrote: »

Be smart with selling investments and you should be fine.

And also always make sure to NOT sell for MAX price!

Especially not bronze and silver players when they are needed for sbcs!
  • Zv1k0
    Tommygunn wrote: »
    Yeh everyone who has been banned has generally been hoarding using the unassigned glitch

But why? Hardly a glitch when you can back out so easily compared to previous years when you had to DC out or quit. They made it easier for us this year but now they are banning people for it?
  • Tommygunn

But why? Hardly a glitch when you can back out so easily compared to previous years when you had to DC out or quit. They made it easier for us this year but now they are banning people for it?

The guy who was banned sold 3000 Kepa but then had ban overturned. If you’re selling 3000 Kepa that is manipulating the market imo and that was why he was banned though like I say overturned
  • Zv1k0
    Aguero looks sick but expensive af. Compared to POTM Hazard who was also 93 but only around 600k. Is it because they think people have more coins now so they can drop more into untradables? So if that exact same Hazard was released right now he would probably be 1.2mil instead of 600k like he was.
  • Stevie_G
    1007 posts Professional
    Wow, he is required.

Sorry guys, led you astray on this one. Makes absolutely no sense he's needed. It's super expensive, well over 1 mill in my opinion so that'll deter a lot of people from doing this.
  • miri
    I might turn in my red Aguero for the pack because he's poop. :joy:
  • miri
    Aguero looks sick but expensive af. Compared to POTM Hazard who was also 93 but only around 600k. Is it because they think people have more coins now so they can drop more into untradables? So if that exact same Hazard was released right now he would probably be 1.2mil instead of 600k like he was.

Yeah I think this is basically their logic with SBCs - the cost is relative to the average amount of coins players have. Same thing with POTM Lucas too, he was relatively cheap for his rating/stats.
  • Devers
    7404 posts League Winner
    Bought 1 for 105k last night just in case, sold for 180k, will take it, could have held bit longer as max is 230k but he might get flooded later
  • Tommygunn
    Stevie_G wrote: »
    Wow, he is required.

Sorry guys, led you astray on this one. Makes absolutely no sense he's needed. It's super expensive, well over 1 mill in my opinion so that'll deter a lot of people from doing this.

Same as last year Futbin have him at 1.5m. No thanks
  • KRANG00
    1736 posts Play-Off Hero
    10 sold for 190k brought at 100k, job done
  • Devers
    7404 posts League Winner

Nicely played
  • Tommygunn

Where did you bring them :D
  • KRANG00
    1736 posts Play-Off Hero

Where did you bring them :D

Spelling police are out!

*Bought
  • Stevie_G
    1007 posts Professional
    Devers wrote: »
    Bought 1 for 105k last night just in case, sold for 180k, will take it, could have held bit longer as max is 230k but he might get flooded later

Haha nah mate he's down to 125k now! Barely higher than what he started at because nobody's doing the SBC! To get the most out of your player, you always have to sell about 2-3 mins after release if a specific player is required. Exact same thing happened with Auba.

I was lucky to snipe a couple after release for 115-140k, sold them for 202k before the mass dumping began. With how expensive the rest of his SBC was, nobody was really gonna complete him and this was bound to happen
  • Tommygunn

Haha nah mate he's down to 125k now! Barely higher than what he started at because nobody's doing the SBC! To get the most out of your player, you always have to sell about 2-3 mins after release if a specific player is required. Exact same thing happened with Auba.

I was lucky to snipe a couple after release for 115-140k, sold them for 202k before the mass dumping began. With how expensive the rest of his SBC was, nobody was really gonna complete him and this was bound to happen

Although after the initial rise and fall. Auba slowly rose and then just settled midway between the rest of the sbc
  • Devers
    7404 posts League Winner

Ya i got out quick. I dont care what his price does now, ive moved onto my next buy.

Profit is profit for me.
  • Stevie_G
    1007 posts Professional

Ya i got out quick. I dont care what his price does now, ive moved onto my next buy.

Profit is profit for me.

Good one :smile: Really hope that nobody who invested in him has just hopped onto FUT, the amount of profit they've missed out on is absurd. There was about a 1 hour window to cash in.

Gonna sound a bit ridiculous but is anyone considering re-investing in him at 120k? I'm tempted to grab 1-2 of him. He's the same price as he was yesterday, yet we know he's 100% required to finish the SBC off........... any chance of him creeping up over time after this initial mass dumping finishes, or will the oncoming promos make him fall even more?
  • Tommygunn

Profit is profit for me.

Good one :smile: Really hope that nobody who invested in him has just hopped onto FUT, the amount of profit they've missed out on is absurd. There was about a 1 hour window to cash in.

Gonna sound a bit ridiculous but is anyone considering re-investing in him at 120k? I'm tempted to grab 1-2 of him. He's the same price as he was yesterday, yet we know he's 100% required to finish the SBC off........... any chance of him creeping up over time after this initial mass dumping finishes, or will the oncoming promos make him fall even more?

Auba dropped to 220 odds I’m sure then creeped back up to 230 240

I think the issue with this was he’s half the price of aguero most folk who have the coins will see it as a coin sink or will have done it. That being said I wouldnt be shocked if in a week he was 135 odds
  • Iconman36
    314 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited March 8

Profit is profit for me.

Honestly bro I think that at 120k you can’t lose but I don’t think that he’ll rise much as EA as always have overpriced his sbc and most people that can afford his sbc have done it this morning or will buy his ucl live card instead.

This sbc is overpriced for Aguero and at this point people are probably waiting for the icons sbcs to come out!
  • Devers
    7404 posts League Winner
    Ya dont think youd lose a lot, but is there much to gain? He will be packed a lot over the weekend.

What do ye think of 82 inform van persie? Thinking of grabbing 10 or so of him, dutch so ties in with carniball team and is cheapest 82 inform....hopefully a good flashback is released
  • Tommygunn
    Ya dont think youd lose a lot, but is there much to gain? He will be packed a lot over the weekend.

What do ye think of 82 inform van persie? Thinking of grabbing 10 or so of him, dutch so ties in with carniball team and is cheapest 82 inform....hopefully a good flashback is released

I thought they said Belgium was in over Holland in carnibal
  • Devers
    7404 posts League Winner

I thought they said Belgium was in over Holland in carnibal

Just check, ya, so thats that. Picked up 6 between 12 and 12.5

Wont lose a lot, will use for something, hopefully a flashback will raise them.
  • Zv1k0
    Instead of 83s, 84s and IFs I went with 85s. Sniped 400k worth of Benzemas for 7k-7.5k during lightning rounds. Should go over 15k when something good is released right?
  • KRANG00
    1736 posts Play-Off Hero
    6h0y1t.jpg

Stupid things going on with open bids

Fill your boots
  • miri
    Instead of 83s, 84s and IFs I went with 85s. Sniped 400k worth of Benzemas for 7k-7.5k during lightning rounds. Should go over 15k when something good is released right?

Sounds like a logical investment to me. I think at the very worst you get out without a loss?
  • Tommygunn
    The market is so low 86s going for 13.5k. Wow if you invest now when ea release a decent sbc you could double your coins