Official POTM/SBC INVESTING THREAD (Dual reason IF investing)

Comments

• J_DAWG290
    249 posts Sunday League Hero
    Anyone bothering to invest ahead of lunar new year. I picked up a few Bolton players (trotters) for 200 coins each which seems like pretty low risk. If they start dropping pig related SBC’s there could be some decent profit.
  • munchie63
    2848 posts Fans' Favourite
    J_DAWG290 wrote: »
    Anyone bothering to invest ahead of lunar new year. I picked up a few Bolton players (trotters) for 200 coins each which seems like pretty low risk. If they start dropping pig related SBC’s there could be some decent profit.

too much thought mate

much more likely to just be a few CSL / China players
  • J_DAWG290
    249 posts Sunday League Hero
    munchie63 wrote: »
    J_DAWG290 wrote: »

too much thought mate

much more likely to just be a few CSL / China players

Last year they had quite a few dog related SBC’s though. Can’t hurt to pick up a few I guess. Worst case I sell them for a 10 coin loss per card.
  • michael15172211
    477 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Stevie_G wrote: »
    so silver players like Vallecano, Valldolid, Huesca should be decent investments?

Too expensive for my liking at the moment. Too many people have seen the leaks, for example the Vallecano defenders who were once under 1k are already at 3k without the SBC even being released. So much undercutting will happen when the SBC drops that I'd expect prices to fall for most of those silvers.

The safest way of doing things is just to pick up all the golds for now, and then pinpoint specific common golds that will be required and buy even more of them - we saw Neves, Vorm, Romero, Burnley defenders all hit 3-9k when the PL dropped last week.

Munir from Barca has just transferred away and there's no cheap alternative ST other than a silver, even at 1.8k I think he's a solid chance to rise massively - with Jordi Alba being the only gold LB and Coutinho the only gold LW, if EA select a 4 back formation (presumably 433) you'll need to use a ST to get the 95 chem if you don't want to pay 40k for a player.

On a similar note specific silvers/bronzes could pay off if EA go for low squad requirements for the big clubs, similar to the Man City situation where their silver/bronze midfielders and attackers went extinct. Reguilon is one of only 2 Real LBs, Miranda the same as him but for Barca, Abel Ruiz is an alternative Barca ST as well - even if these guys aren't required, people are lazy and may well use them to save elsewhere in the squad. These guys for example are already 3-4k, but could be worth a risk depending on EA's formation choices

Went in with some valledoid silvers but they barely went up in price but really appreciate the advice man
  • Stevie_G
    1007 posts Professional
    edited January 29
    so silver players like Vallecano, Valldolid, Huesca should be decent investments?

Too expensive for my liking at the moment. Too many people have seen the leaks, for example the Vallecano defenders who were once under 1k are already at 3k without the SBC even being released. So much undercutting will happen when the SBC drops that I'd expect prices to fall for most of those silvers.

The safest way of doing things is just to pick up all the golds for now, and then pinpoint specific common golds that will be required and buy even more of them - we saw Neves, Vorm, Romero, Burnley defenders all hit 3-9k when the PL dropped last week.

Munir from Barca has just transferred away and there's no cheap alternative ST other than a silver, even at 1.8k I think he's a solid chance to rise massively - with Jordi Alba being the only gold LB and Coutinho the only gold LW, if EA select a 4 back formation (presumably 433) you'll need to use a ST to get the 95 chem if you don't want to pay 40k for a player.

On a similar note specific silvers/bronzes could pay off if EA go for low squad requirements for the big clubs, similar to the Man City situation where their silver/bronze midfielders and attackers went extinct. Reguilon is one of only 2 Real LBs, Miranda the same as him but for Barca, Abel Ruiz is an alternative Barca ST as well - even if these guys aren't required, people are lazy and may well use them to save elsewhere in the squad. These guys for example are already 3-4k, but could be worth a risk depending on EA's formation choices

Went in with some valledoid silvers but they barely went up in price but really appreciate the advice man

All good my man, all I can do is speculate. As I suspected might happen, the majority of the Huesca/Valldolid/Rayo silvers haven't risen at all, some have dropped but don't panic. Cardiff was a similar situation in the PL SBC, they barely rose on release but over the past 2 weeks plenty have gone up to near extinct at 10k. With those 3 clubs in La Liga you genuinely have to use 5-7 silvers/bronzes so over time, I actually believe they'll gradually rise. Hold them if you can.

L.Hernandez and Lemar were absolute moneymakers in the end, EA's formation and rating choice means you actually need both to save yourself using the 85s. For any of you who checked the guide a while back, hopefully you stocked up on plenty of these guys.

For now, apologies on the Munir advice, he's actually gone down since yesterday if anyone followed my advice - but again, hold onto him! I'm very confident he will rise in time once this initial mass dumping stops. To save yourself using Coutinho/Alba (both roughly 30-40k), you genuinely have to use one of Munir, Ruiz (silver), Miranda (silver LB) or the 2 silver CM/CDMs. We've seen what happened with Man City where the silvers essentially ran out over time. He mightn't hit 10k but I still believe he'll rise to at least 3-5k in the coming weeks
  • michael15172211

All good my man, all I can do is speculate. As I suspected might happen, the majority of the Huesca/Valldolid/Rayo silvers haven't risen at all, some have dropped but don't panic. Cardiff was a similar situation in the PL SBC, they barely rose on release but over the past 2 weeks plenty have gone up to near extinct at 10k. With those 3 clubs in La Liga you genuinely have to use 5-7 silvers/bronzes so over time, I actually believe they'll gradually rise. Hold them if you can.

L.Hernandez and Lemar were absolute moneymakers in the end, EA's formation and rating choice means you actually need both to save yourself using the 85s. For any of you who checked the guide a while back, hopefully you stocked up on plenty of these guys.

For now, apologies on the Munir advice, he's actually gone down since yesterday if anyone followed my advice - but again, hold onto him! I'm very confident he will rise in time once this initial mass dumping stops. To save yourself using Coutinho/Alba (both roughly 30-40k), you genuinely have to use one of Munir, Ruiz (silver), Miranda (silver LB) or the 2 silver CM/CDMs. We've seen what happened with Man City where the silvers essentially ran out over time. He mightn't hit 10k but I still believe he'll rise to at least 3-5k in the coming weeks

I dumped some of them and I will keep the rest to see what happens with it, but I have so far worked my way to making over 2.7M, and now I dumped some coins into IF Juanfruan, IF Keane and SIF caliguri I think fullbacks are solid investments but need to wait a bit, I might bug u more now on investing advice since there’s actually more activity in this thread, but really appreciate it man
  • michael15172211
    And the thing is maybe la liga is not as popular as epl so they did not go extinct
  • Stevie_G
    1007 posts Professional

I dumped some of them and I will keep the rest to see what happens with it, but I have so far worked my way to making over 2.7M, and now I dumped some coins into IF Juanfruan, IF Keane and SIF caliguri I think fullbacks are solid investments but need to wait a bit, I might bug u more now on investing advice since there’s actually more activity in this thread, but really appreciate it man

This TOTW is looking good for investments. IF Muriel (cheapest IF 83) and SIF Zapata (cheapest IF 84) both share a strong link. IF Koscielny is 84 rated and sitting at under 30k - he offers strong links to IF Cech, IF Sakho as well as to the normal gold Leno/Sokratis (always two of the cheaper 84s). Great SBC potential for these guys in the coming weeks.

Fullbacks are always a good option too. SIF Caligiuri would have been an utter goldmine had Naldo not transferred away, would have been an unreal link for chemistry and team rating. Hopefully Monaco send him back to Schalke in the next 2 days, you couldn't blame them after his embarrassing start there :lol:
  • Tommygunn
    3139 posts National Call-Up

This TOTW is looking good for investments. IF Muriel (cheapest IF 83) and SIF Zapata (cheapest IF 84) both share a strong link. IF Koscielny is 84 rated and sitting at under 30k - he offers strong links to IF Cech, IF Sakho as well as to the normal gold Leno/Sokratis (always two of the cheaper 84s). Great SBC potential for these guys in the coming weeks.

Fullbacks are always a good option too. SIF Caligiuri would have been an utter goldmine had Naldo not transferred away, would have been an unreal link for chemistry and team rating. Hopefully Monaco send him back to Schalke in the next 2 days, you couldn't blame them after his embarrassing start there :lol:

I’m not hugely confident in these prices now it’s only icons that require them I think we could see inform prices drop a bit. I’ve held off investing out of fear
  • KRANG00
    1712 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited January 29
    Tommygunn wrote: »

I’m not hugely confident in these prices now it’s only icons that require them I think we could see inform prices drop a bit. I’ve held off investing out of fear

Agreed. Seen a lot of talk about picking up these IF's because they are the cheapest, but they are the cheapest in a already inflated IF market.

Not saying they won't go up but much more risk now, when not needed 84's are like <20k, If the Lunar packs come before these IF's are needed it's a killer for investments
  • Stevie_G
    1007 posts Professional
    KRANG00 wrote: »

Agreed. Seen a lot of talk about picking up these IF's because they are the cheapest, but they are the cheapest in a already inflated IF market.

Not saying they won't go up but much more risk now, when not needed 84's are like <20k, If the Lunar packs come before these IF's are needed it's a killer for investments

Some good points raised by you and @Tommygunn here, half priced LNY packs will invoke a bit of on-selling to fund pack purchases if it's like last year and there's only coin discounts (not FP). It isn't without any risk, but before LNY I couldn't recommend any other investments as it's near certain NIFs will fall in price when the promo packs come out. TOTWs are probably the best shout still.

I still believe they'll rise nicely over the next 2-3 weeks just as every single TOTW has done this year. We haven't even had half the prime icons and we're already 4 months into the game, flashback SBCs should continue to come along, and recent promos have all been littered with SBC-based players so we could expect something similar for OTW Winter too. They'll all require informs and the guys I mentioned are particularly useful for links
  • Iconman36
    314 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited January 29
    I just dumped 900k into 30 otw, I know they are inflated but last year otw Hernandez 75 rated was 29 k before the sbc and he rose to 41 k after the sbc drooped.

I realize that the winter otw sbc won’t be very attractive but the summer otw sbc with cr7 in it will cause these otw to rise a lot imo, I think last year they went to 40k , I think this year with the higher inflation in the game they’ll go closer to 50k.

Opinions.....
  • KRANG00
    1712 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited January 29
    Iconman36 wrote: »
    I just dumped 900k into 30 otw, I know they are inflated but last year otw Hernandez 75 rated was 29 k before the sbc and he rose to 41 k after the sbc drooped.

I realize that the winter otw sbc won’t be very attractive but the summer otw sbc with cr7 in it will cause these otw to rise a lot imo, I think last year they went to 40k , I think this year with the higher inflation in the game they’ll go closer to 50k.

Opinions.....

Risky for a few reasons in my opinion.

1: Everyone expects this to come and are investing
    2: You can get Promes OTW from the Swap packs this month
    3: EA are screwing investors with the obvious investments this year.

I think if they are needed you've got to get rid quick before they start to drop as people rinse and repeat with the crap cards they pull, but also ride out the inevitable early undercutting.

I sold all of mine for 30k already that i got for 15k, there will be loads of people who haven't sold yet and picked them up for a similar price and will take 10k/15k a card happily.

Not saying you won't make coins but all about the risk free trading for me, take the profit i'm happy with and move the coins onto the next thing.
  • Iconman36
    edited January 29

Opinions.....

I think if they are needed you've got to get rid quick before they start to drop as people rinse and repeat with the crap cards they pull, but also ride out the inevitable early undercutting.

I sold all of mine for 30k already that i got for 15k, there will be loads of people who haven't sold yet and picked them up for a similar price and will take 10k/15k a card happily.

Not saying you won't make coins but all about the risk free trading for me, take the profit i'm happy with and move the coins onto the next thing.

I agree with every single thing that you’ve mentioned, with that said I’ve bought richarlison and vrsaljko only as they have some value besides the otw sbc if they’ll get informs, I didn’t buy golovin and Dembele which have no value besides the potential sbc, so its little less risky!

People this year go crazy for repeatable sbcs, and also I’m not sure how many people would rinse their Untradeable Promes as he has a value of 170k as 85 rated on the market so I think most people would keep him and I think the otw will reach close to 40k on Friday morning before the sbc, but maybe it’s just wishful thinking lol!

I appreciate your input, you’ve made some valid points!
  • michael15172211

those would have been better on last friday, so i might just hold off this week, and invest in next week totw, other than that i have a IF Werner and SIF brought at 132K, and 170K during the TOTY crash along with Reus IF for 290K, can't lose price hoping for some ratings refresh hype, to bring them up, other than that have some RTTF Nacho, Pique, they are almost guaranteed to win their games
  • Gunnercp
    1360 posts Professional

Opinions.....

Plus most have Verdi otw from earlier in the game too. Like you I sold all mine for 30k ish a week or two ago.
  • Iconman36
    Gunnercp wrote: »

Opinions.....

Plus most have Verdi otw from earlier in the game too. Like you I sold all mine for 30k ish a week or two ago.

So in your honest opinion, do you think that otw cards will drop in price or stay at 30k when the otw sbc is live?
  • Tommygunn
    3139 posts National Call-Up
    POTM Race January:

Rashford - 3 goals (Burnley h)
    Salah - 3 goals (Leicester h)
    Jota – 3 goals (West Ham h)
    Deeney - 2 goals, 1 assist (Spurs a)
    Jesus - 2 goals (Huddersfield a, Newcastle a)
    Lacazette – 2 goals (Cardiff h)
    Wilson – 2 goals (Chelsea a)
    Arnautovic - 2 goals (Wolves a)
    Firmino - 2 goals (Leicester h)
    Schar – 2 goals, 1 clean sheet (Man City h)

So no better for Rashford, salah plays tonight, An assist last night for Jota, deeney plays tonight, no better for Jesus, lacazette up to 3 goals, Wilson plays tonight, firmino tonight, no better for Arnautovic or schar

This month is wide open if someone plays a blinder tonight they could steal it.

Still think because of the month they’ve had both pogba and rashford will be listed
  • hiya
    1496 posts Play-Off Hero
    last year they went up once it first came out but then dropped back down.

say they were at 35k prior...they went to 45/50k then back down to around 30/35 for the rest of the promotion. (i think).

dont know about dembele and golovin only being 75 and 79 though.

when's this happening? friday?
  • Iconman36
    hiya wrote: »
    last year they went up once it first came out but then dropped back down.

say they were at 35k prior...they went to 45/50k then back down to around 30/35 for the rest of the promotion. (i think).

dont know about dembele and golovin only being 75 and 79 though.

when's this happening? friday?

Suppose to be on Friday!
  • Jackets20
    1190 posts Professional
    edited January 30
    Anybody know why TIF Lala is shooting up today? I thought he might drop a bit with Cancelo getting a TIF. I have Lala just wondering if i ahoukd sell up if he is going to drop back down.
  • Jackets20
    1190 posts Professional
    Think i answeres my own question, cancelo is RM not RB.
  • fifaUTben
    211 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    POTM Race January:

Rashford - 3 goals (Burnley h)
    Salah - 3 goals (Leicester h)
    Jota – 3 goals (West Ham h)
    Deeney - 2 goals, 1 assist (Spurs a)
    Jesus - 2 goals (Huddersfield a, Newcastle a)
    Lacazette – 2 goals (Cardiff h)
    Wilson – 2 goals (Chelsea a)
    Arnautovic - 2 goals (Wolves a)
    Firmino - 2 goals (Leicester h)
    Schar – 2 goals, 1 clean sheet (Man City h)

So no better for Rashford, salah plays tonight, An assist last night for Jota, deeney plays tonight, no better for Jesus, lacazette up to 3 goals, Wilson plays tonight, firmino tonight, no better for Arnautovic or schar

This month is wide open if someone plays a blinder tonight they could steal it.

Still think because of the month they’ve had both pogba and rashford will be listed

Would love ST Rashford

Think 200-250k would be fair

• Iconman36
    edited January 30
    Jackets20 wrote: »
    Anybody know why TIF Lala is shooting up today? I thought he might drop a bit with Cancelo getting a TIF. I have Lala just wondering if i ahoukd sell up if he is going to drop back down.

Lala was predicted to get new if this week so he was panic sold yesterday all day long.

Today when people saw that he didn’t get in to totw, than the panic buying started!

He won’t go down as he’s the most popular rb in the game, if you want to sell, wait after the rewards he’ll go up even more for weekend league !
  • Bellie
    18 posts Ball Boy
    I think pogba will get POTM for januari he is the game changer for man united the best team in januari loading up on some french informs
  • Jackets20
    1190 posts Professional
    What are peoples thoughts on UCL Live cards, they having been rising a lot. How high can they go? Will they drop again after the first leg since there will be 2-3 weeks till the next games.

I have Fabinho, Telles and Kimpembe. All are in my team so not really investments. But they went really high then crashed after the round ended ladt time might as well cash in if it will happen again.
  • Stevie_G
    1007 posts Professional
    Jackets20 wrote: »
    What are peoples thoughts on UCL Live cards, they having been rising a lot. How high can they go? Will they drop again after the first leg since there will be 2-3 weeks till the next games.

I have Fabinho, Telles and Kimpembe. All are in my team so not really investments. But they went really high then crashed after the round ended ladt time might as well cash in if it will happen again.

In my own opinion, not a good investment for 2 reasons.

One, as you observed nicely, is that the majority of cards have risen around 5-10% in the past 2-3 weeks. This has happened in a time we've seen the Future Stars and several IF cards start to surpass these guys - people aren't necessarily using these players (Telles and Florenzi are examples of exceptions though) - people are investing with upgrades to come in 2 weeks and 5 weeks respectively, so the boat's probably sailed and now is high risk territory.

Secondly, further to the above point, Lunar promo is coming in a few days and we'd expect to see half-priced packs with coins. Plenty of people will be selling up their investments (perhaps their UCL Live cards) to crack open some packs on the cheap. After/before that we have upgrades and OTW on the way, with those repeatable SBCs and the potential of getting CR7 who knows what people will be willing to sell up.

If you do invest, tread with caution and make sure you choose the clubs who are a very high chance of a first leg win. IMO it's a pretty risky time to invest in anything other than old informs, but good luck with your choices
  • Derryboy1893
    3564 posts National Call-Up
    I bought a few a while back and have just sold. Highlights were Yoda (paid 400 sold 500) and King Kong. (480/600).they may creep up a little more but these two I'll probably buy back if they get back down in price.
  • hiya
    1496 posts Play-Off Hero
    who's yoda and king kong lol

do we think they'll do OTW promotion / sbcs?

Almiron and Crouch?

its been awful!
  • Derryboy1893
    3564 posts National Call-Up
    edited January 31
    hiya wrote: »
    who's yoda and king kong lol

do we think they'll do OTW promotion / sbcs?

Almiron and Crouch?

its been awful!

Wissam Ben Yoda and King Kondogbia

Edit this is in no way intended as racism and nothing to do with skin colour purely physical presence