Official POTM/SBC INVESTING THREAD (Dual reason IF investing)

Comments

• Rolls-reus96
    1584 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited January 23
    I think the cheap OTW's are a good investment right now, they are 27k and with a possible OTW SBC in 1/2 week they surely have to rise.

Last year they were like 45k when the SBC dropped
  • KRANG00
    1705 posts Play-Off Hero
    I think the cheap OTW's are a good investment right now, they are 27k and with a possible OTW SBC in 1/2 week they surely have to rise.

They were 15k a few weeks ago, you are taking more risks now. They will go up if needed then drop quickly as people rinse and repeat with the cards they pull if it's all the same as last year.

Already sold mine when they got to 30k last week and put the coins elsewhere
  • Coderood
    1658 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited January 23

Big risk this year. Last year you could pull cards like OTW Neymar, Mbappe, Lacazette, Aubameyang etc. This year the only good OTW card you could pack is CR7. It will be like a **** TOTW SBC. Prices will be lower then usual because of lack of good OTW cards.
  • hiya
    1495 posts Professional
    they'll release another batch of OTW cards though (not saying there'll be any good ones)
  • Tommygunn
    3136 posts National Call-Up
    hiya wrote: »
    they'll release another batch of OTW cards though (not saying there'll be any good ones)

Other than higuain going to chelski there isn’t much to sell packs
  • CeeQue
    10752 posts Has That Special Something
    edited January 23
    Tommygunn wrote: »

Well all you really need is to pack Cr7 to make it worth it. Also there are a few middle tiers that are good like Anderson/Goretzka/Radja/Cancelo.
  • Tommygunn
    CeeQue wrote: »

Well all you really need is to pack Cr7 to make it worth it. Also there are a few middle tiers that are good like Anderson/Goretzka/Radja/Cancelo.

I was meaning for winter otw
  • Rolls-reus96
    1584 posts Play-Off Hero
    OTW Richarlyson is almost a free bet if you can buy him for his current price because his in form is only 4k cheaper
  • munchie63
    2848 posts Fans' Favourite
    KRANG00 wrote: »

They were 15k a few weeks ago, you are taking more risks now. They will go up if needed then drop quickly as people rinse and repeat with the cards they pull if it's all the same as last year.

Already sold mine when they got to 30k last week and put the coins elsewhere

yeah, simply having, 1 is enough to keep you going
  • russfred
    487 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Had some great success with guido rodriguez from last weeks TOTW. Bought 28 for between 12000 and 12500. Kept relisting them for between 20000 and 21000 on the off chance someone bought one. For some reason they all went yesterday. Well chuffed.looking at this weeks team to see who can be a success in flipping
  • Stevie_G
    1007 posts Professional
    Quick heads up guys, SBC for a Mega Pack out now in the live section, offers a mega pack for around 7-8k.

More pertinently, Romanians are all going for nearly 4k a piece, a quick club check could be a good idea!
  • Zv1k0
    5859 posts Big Money Move
    Stevie_G wrote: »
    Quick heads up guys, SBC for a Mega Pack out now in the live section, offers a mega pack for around 7-8k.

More pertinently, Romanians are all going for nearly 4k a piece, a quick club check could be a good idea!

Didn't even know there was a SBC. Thanks!
  • Stevie_G
    1007 posts Professional
    Zv1k0 wrote: »
    Stevie_G wrote: »

Didn't even know there was a SBC. Thanks!

Yep no worries, surprisingly it's on the third page of the live section. Normally any e-sport SBC goes to the front of the SBC queue but not to be this time, just happened to be on Futbin and realise it was there.

Plenty of profit to be had, plenty of us will have a good 4-5 Romanians at least and the SBC itself is a good one for guaranteed profit
  • Tommygunn
    Packed an 81 but had another 3 Romanians I sold so bonus.
  • pizzasodafries
    128 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I recently wiped my entire club of rare golds on these. The last set of 10 of these packs was super funny if it wasn't so sad. Only board was 85 Pepe. No other 83' even lol. From those 10 packs 3 different times I got dupes of one of the previous players from a pack. My club was empty, what were the odds I'll pack the exact same players 3 different times?
  • michael15172211
    477 posts An Exciting Prospect
    why are the prices of IF Keane and IF Juanfruan dropping so hard, went from like 34K to 29K?
  • JamieT96
    6980 posts Big Money Move
    why are the prices of IF Keane and IF Juanfruan dropping so hard, went from like 34K to 29K?

Probably due to the new TOTW SBC flooding the market with IFs.
  • Stevie_G
    1007 posts Professional
    edited January 26
    JamieT96 wrote: »

Probably due to the new TOTW SBC flooding the market with IFs.

Yeah that's definitely had an impact, personally I reckon it's more that people are stopping using old IFs like Keane/Juanfran in SBCs, and are instead using up their untradeable IFs from the upgrade packs.

At the current price of 17-18k it's actually a very good idea to spam the TOTW upgrades if you're doing player/icon SBCs, at worst you'll get yourself an 11-12k inform and at best you might pull a big Modric/Mbappe if you're super lucky. Guys like Lopes and Sommer have decent drop rates and they'll save you some coins on any SBC if you hit them.

Side note, supposedly the La Liga SBC has been leaked with a 90 Casemiro as a reward. Plenty of the silvers from the silver-based clubs (Vallecano, Valldolid, Huesca) have risen to 2-3k already and the inevitable undercutting will probably mean they don't rise any further, for a few days at least. If you're hoping for some last minute profits, potentially look towards some of the bronzes/silvers from the big 3 La Liga clubs, another Man City situation could be on the cards where they go extinct if EA don't stipulate the squad rating properly
  • Tommygunn
    To be fair bale was leaked last year for La Liga and it didn’t come to fruition. Based on the other big leagues I reckon 0 chance of a 90 Casemiro you’re more likely an 86 stuaini and a 85 gaya or something. A lot like mm ea have taken the desire away from these by removing the end coin reward and the high rated players
  • Stevie_G
    1007 posts Professional
    To be fair bale was leaked last year for La Liga and it didn’t come to fruition. Based on the other big leagues I reckon 0 chance of a 90 Casemiro you’re more likely an 86 stuaini and a 85 gaya or something. A lot like mm ea have taken the desire away from these by removing the end coin reward and the high rated players

The Bale was just suspected from memory. There was a 90 Casemiro found in concepts so he's got a card coming and it can't be performance related. It ain't a flashback either, that's for sure.

Either it was an EA error (not impossible to be fair) or he is the inevitable league SBC player. Your reasoning is solid but I don't think there's ever been a player found in concepts that wasn't released
  • Idek
    10081 posts Has That Special Something
    Yeah Bale was never leaked last year, was just rumours
  • FrankLampard
    104 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Is schar a good investment ? Or MOTM jahahkabash?
  • Stub
    1 posts Ball Boy
    Hello. I bought FIFA 19 before 3-4 months ago. I got a champion edition. The problem is that I gave you 300 leva for your **** game, and I did not get anything from 1 million coins, I was also cheated by an outsider and took my last I'm still grateful if you help me at least once because I have paid at least 2 salaries to your employees in your game .I will be glad to get the answer .Thanks!
  • Epasc1
    64 posts Park Captain
    EA have backed themselves into a corner with Dzeko. He's got a standard 85 card, and 86 CL card and an 87 Serie A SBC card. He's scored 2 for Roma so far, if he gets an IF it means either his CL card is worthless or if he gets an 88 rated, both his CL and SBC card are worthless. Well done EA.
  • russfred
    487 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Stub wrote: »
    Hello. I bought FIFA 19 before 3-4 months ago. I got a champion edition. The problem is that I gave you 300 leva for your **** game, and I did not get anything from 1 million coins, I was also cheated by an outsider and took my last I'm still grateful if you help me at least once because I have paid at least 2 salaries to your employees in your game .I will be glad to get the answer .Thanks!

Does this look like the thread for your childish complaint. Jog on
  • munchie63
    2848 posts Fans' Favourite
    Epasc1 wrote: »
    EA have backed themselves into a corner with Dzeko. He's got a standard 85 card, and 86 CL card and an 87 Serie A SBC card. He's scored 2 for Roma so far, if he gets an IF it means either his CL card is worthless or if he gets an 88 rated, both his CL and SBC card are worthless. Well done EA.

SBC cards have been out before and had higher rated IF's released.. That's part of the game

If you think EA care take a little peek at the Reus POTM / IF's and that will clarify things
  • FrankLampard
    104 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Thoughts on investing in IF Schar, Koscielny or MOTM. Or should I wait until lunar new year/ Winter OTW
  • Iconman36
    314 posts Sunday League Hero
    Is it still worth to pick up a few otw cards, I know they are 28k now but last year they went up to 35k -40k when the sbc drooped?
  • michael15172211
    477 posts An Exciting Prospect
    so silver players like Vallecano, Valldolid, Huesca should be decent investments?
  • Stevie_G
    1007 posts Professional
    so silver players like Vallecano, Valldolid, Huesca should be decent investments?

Too expensive for my liking at the moment. Too many people have seen the leaks, for example the Vallecano defenders who were once under 1k are already at 3k without the SBC even being released. So much undercutting will happen when the SBC drops that I'd expect prices to fall for most of those silvers.

The safest way of doing things is just to pick up all the golds for now, and then pinpoint specific common golds that will be required and buy even more of them - we saw Neves, Vorm, Romero, Burnley defenders all hit 3-9k when the PL dropped last week.

Munir from Barca has just transferred away and there's no cheap alternative ST other than a silver, even at 1.8k I think he's a solid chance to rise massively - with Jordi Alba being the only gold LB and Coutinho the only gold LW, if EA select a 4 back formation (presumably 433) you'll need to use a ST to get the 95 chem if you don't want to pay 40k for a player.

On a similar note specific silvers/bronzes could pay off if EA go for low squad requirements for the big clubs, similar to the Man City situation where their silver/bronze midfielders and attackers went extinct. Reguilon is one of only 2 Real LBs, Miranda the same as him but for Barca, Abel Ruiz is an alternative Barca ST as well - even if these guys aren't required, people are lazy and may well use them to save elsewhere in the squad. These guys for example are already 3-4k, but could be worth a risk depending on EA's formation choices