Official POTM/SBC INVESTING THREAD (Dual reason IF investing)

Comments

• JDub
    297 posts Sunday League Hero
    How about timing of winter upgrades? Anybody know or heard when??
  • JDub
    297 posts Sunday League Hero
    Stevie_G wrote: »
    JDub wrote: »
    Does anyone know when winter upgrades start? Also, does anyone remember about how many OTW cards were required and what price they were selling for during the OTW SBC? I want to say it required 2 and they were selling for roughly 25k ea?

Requirements last FIFA, which were similar to FIFA 17 I believe:

OTW Summer Tradeable (1st set) - 83 rated squad, 1 OTW, 1 IF
    OTW Summer Untradeable (1st set) - 82 rated squad, 1 OTW
    OTW Winter Tradeable (2nd set) - 83 rated squad, 1 OTW, 1 IF
    OTW Winter Untradeable (2nd set) - 81 rated squad, 1 OTW

These all worked well, especially with the untradeable SBCs, so I'd expect EA to keep the same requirements. Once you have your initial OTW you can just rinse and repeat until you end up with one you're happy with. If you're unsure on your FUT Swap players then selecting OTW Promes is a solid shout, he might save you that initial 25-30k on the OTW card.

The FIFA 17 Winter Tradeable version was secretly a joke, Gabriel Jesus OTW was just 78 rated and going for 550k for a couple of days. If you hit him once every 25 odd packs then you'd make profit, I think I hit him 7-8 times from memory and made millions :lol:

Thx. Very helpful.
  • maunokoivisto
    238 posts Sunday League Hero
    Does anyone know when winter upgrades start? Also, does anyone remember about how many OTW cards were required and what price they were selling for during the OTW SBC? I want to say it required 2 and they were selling for roughly 25k ea?

These all worked well, especially with the untradeable SBCs, so I'd expect EA to keep the same requirements. Once you have your initial OTW you can just rinse and repeat until you end up with one you're happy with. If you're unsure on your FUT Swap players then selecting OTW Promes is a solid shout, he might save you that initial 25-30k on the OTW card.

The FIFA 17 Winter Tradeable version was secretly a joke, Gabriel Jesus OTW was just 78 rated and going for 550k for a couple of days. If you hit him once every 25 odd packs then you'd make profit, I think I hit him 7-8 times from memory and made millions :lol:

Thx. Very helpful.

👍
  • Epasc1
    64 posts Park Captain

When's the best time to invest in OTW cards do you think?
  • michael15172211
    420 posts Sunday League Hero
    charltom wrote: »
    also what are the likelihood of otw sbc and totw sbc after TOTY, wasn't around last time during this year, what usually comes after, are RTTF cards and IFs of players who might get upgraded a good pick up now along with otws?

Last year it was the first Friday of Feb I believe, after the transfer window closed

thanks

worth investing in otws, at 20K a piece, and selling during hype
  • EisenErmin
    3259 posts National Call-Up
    Dont forget that Prommes OTW is free for everyone this month in swap SBC and there was Verdi OTW early on who was "free" aswell and not usufull for anything other than a possible OTW SBC.
  • Cbn
    173 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    When are we expecting this OTW SBC?
  • Derryboy
    1696 posts Play-Off Hero
    Cbn wrote: »
    When are we expecting this OTW SBC?

After the transfer window closes, 2nd week February most likely
  • Got 200k to invest anybody any suggestions on where to start

Thanks
  • EisenErmin
    3259 posts National Call-Up
    Indiejim wrote: »
    Got 200k to invest anybody any suggestions on where to start

Thanks

Probably nothing from this Totw as they are all inflated. I would buy discards from the next TOTW
  • hiya
    1247 posts Professional
    what happened to the totw SBC?

last year the OTW cards went to 40-45k prior / as it started.
  • pedro___
    238 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    What starts in 3 days?
  • Stevie_G
    926 posts Semi-Pro
    pedro___ wrote: »
    What starts in 3 days?

Your guess is as good as anyone's!

Historically I can't remember a promo the week after TOTY, and we know Lunar New Year and OTW Winter definitely won't be until February. It's not impossible that it'll be Ratings Refresh this week just to spread the events out, or alternatively it's some new promo we've not yet seen before
  • ragesh91
    1153 posts Professional
    What starts in 3 days?

Your guess is as good as anyone's!

Historically I can't remember a promo the week after TOTY, and we know Lunar New Year and OTW Winter definitely won't be until February. It's not impossible that it'll be Ratings Refresh this week just to spread the events out, or alternatively it's some new promo we've not yet seen before

Don't think it will be ratings refresh as if someone who gets an upgrade changes club, his upgraded card at current club will become ultra rare.

We should see ratings refresh only after winter OTW finishes imo.
  • Dom25
    488 posts An Exciting Prospect
    What starts in 3 days?

Think there’s a card design in the database for record breaker that fits the colours of the promo - my guess is this
  • Zv1k0
    5393 posts Big Money Move
    Dom25 wrote: »
    What starts in 3 days?

Think there’s a card design in the database for record breaker that fits the colours of the promo - my guess is this

But why would they announce it like this. They never did before. They just released the card.
  • ragesh91
    1153 posts Professional
    Zv1k0 wrote: »
    What starts in 3 days?

But why would they announce it like this. They never did before. They just released the card.

Cos they have way better community managers maybe?
  • Zv1k0
    edited January 15
    ragesh91 wrote: »
    What starts in 3 days?

Cos they have way better community managers maybe?

So? Why would they announce it like it's a secret? We know who broke the record. And 18th is Friday. Promos usually start on Friday, RBs are usually released on Wednesday.

Is it possible he will be available in SBC? That would make more sense.
  • hiya
    1247 posts Professional
    who's the record breaker?
  • Mini_Miudo
    8985 posts League Winner
    edited January 15
    Messi didn't break anything right now if that's what people are saying. The record for most La Liga goals had already been broken, he just reached 400 which is a milestone.

Besides, Ronaldo is their cover star, don't think they'd change their whole twitter art just to release a RB Messi.
  • Mini_Miudo
    8985 posts League Winner
    Nep knows what it is apparently btw, he said this on reddit:
    d9585a0715101cb817fc1b11e95ad85b.png
  • Zv1k0
    How does Nep know and why can't he say? Inside info? I thought he doesn't get along with EA very well.
  • Mini_Miudo
    8985 posts League Winner
    How does Nep know and why can't he say? Inside info? I thought he doesn't get along with EA very well.

I don't have a clue. My guess is other people who get on well with EA (Bateson, Kazooie, Chuboi, etc.) told him.
  • Stevie_G
    926 posts Semi-Pro
    Shame none of us have this insider info........... though I'd really love for this promo to involve gameplay/objectives only. Wishful thinking with EA, but after a huge TOTY cash grab and OTW/Lunar on the way soon, hopefully this is more than a squad in packs.

Would love if there was a set of 18 weekly objectives, all different, and doing each one gave you the token version of the player, much like Vrsaljko - which I wonder if his SBC was a trial for the upcoming promo. Hopefully if they do, the main grind will be getting the token card and not on some ludicrously expensive SBCs
  • Zv1k0
    Shame none of us have this insider info........... though I'd really love for this promo to involve gameplay/objectives only. Wishful thinking with EA, but after a huge TOTY cash grab and OTW/Lunar on the way soon, hopefully this is more than a squad in packs.

TOTY promo wasn't bad though. New SBCs every day, we also had league upgrades and some fun cards through SBCs. 10/10 for me.
  • Mini_Miudo
    8985 posts League Winner

TOTY promo wasn't bad though. New SBCs every day, we also had league upgrades and some fun cards through SBCs. 10/10 for me.

We got a Flashback Ibra super cheap - that's more than enough to consider it a successful promo. lol
  • Tommygunn
    2826 posts Fans' Favourite
    Plus casilas was super cheap sbc fodder
  • Stevie_G
    926 posts Semi-Pro

Yep, TOTY overall was excellent. The 2 flashbacks were great value, the daily SBCs were good, the TOTY stat upgrades were insane and the upgrade packs were a good grind despite proving fruitless for me personally.

I didn't like the requirements for Silva/Bale and I feel the Vrsaljko 12 wins is a bit steep for his card but otherwise a good promo in the eyes of most of the community. That said, I'm still hoping for something a bit different this week, than the standard promo pack squad with a couple of SBCs

Mini_Miudo wrote: »

We got a Flashback Ibra super cheap - that's more than enough to consider it a successful promo. lol

Yep! As much as his chem links are an issue, just remember - you don't fit Zlatan into a team, Zlatan is the team :lol:
  • KRANG00
    1188 posts Professional
    edited January 15
    All this hype for another promo! It's just going to be a excuse for a load more promo packs. :s

I'd much rather they fix the actual game.........HYPE

Whens the Reus potm? Sorry i mean BundesLiga potm?
  • munchie63
    2683 posts Fans' Favourite
    Mini_Miudo wrote: »

I don't have a clue. My guess is other people who get on well with EA (Bateson, Kazooie, Chuboi, etc.) told him.

they all chat round the table while paying dungeons and dragons