The Squad Building Challenges *I LOVE LEAGUE SBCS APPRECIATION THREAD*

Comments

• WFCBagnall
    66170 posts Moderator
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    So my Nedved I started at the weekend may have just become out of date a whole 3 days after release, before I’ve even managed to finish it and 27 days before it expires
    I’m fuming

Nedved won't get one.
  • Paciga45
    3429 posts National Call-Up
    SuperRob wrote: »
    Ulook92 wrote: »
    SuperRob wrote: »
    2 more players where there are much better options already available. Only good for nostalgic reasons. Why cant they release at least 1 of the big icons. That is what a lot of fifa players want.

I have to agree. Cech is a good one but who tf even wants Howard.

What other GK options would there be?

I have no problem with either of the choices. Cech has been great in the premier league, Howard has been great for the USA. My issue is that we are still waiting on the top tier icons. Why couldnt they release these 2 and say Ronaldinho so that there is something for everyone.

At this stage of the game, different players have different team needs and budgets. These 2 players will do a great job for some players, but others want only the very best. Sbc’s should be catering for everyone. I dont want to be using R9, Gullit etc for just a couple of months, and i dont want to buy them off the market for their value to halve in a couple of months when i have enough untradeables to complete them now at a fraction of the cost.

You can’t always get what you want....
  • Dan is Clutch
    22879 posts Club Captain
    WFCBagnall wrote: »
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    So my Nedved I started at the weekend may have just become out of date a whole 3 days after release, before I’ve even managed to finish it and 27 days before it expires
    I’m fuming

Nedved won't get one.

You have no idea if that's true or not though.
  • Hicksy2011
    11048 posts Has That Special Something
    I’m not expecting him to get one but I’d imagine any Ballon d’Or winner has a chnace
  • SGLT
    5929 posts Big Money Move
    They really need to release something that allows people to do something with there prime icon which gives them coin value or makes getting the newer version a hell of a lot easier
  • kfcbucket21
    5207 posts Big Money Move
    SGLT wrote: »
    They really need to release something that allows people to do something with there prime icon which gives them coin value or makes getting the newer version a hell of a lot easier

Why?
  • Pughy30
    24164 posts Club Captain
    One of the most embarrassing promos EA have ever done they cba even releasing the normal primes then they release these cards as a pure cash grab
  • SGLT

Why?

Because otherwise there just ripping the utter **** out of people by saying do this sbc to get the best version of that icon only to change it when it suits them. The point in me doing the icon sbcs is I thought I was getting a card that wouldn’t get bettered, I wouldn’t do them and won’t be from now on if their just going to change whenever.
  • kfcbucket21
    5207 posts Big Money Move

Why?

Because otherwise there just ripping the utter **** out of people by saying do this sbc to get the best version of that icon only to change it when it suits them. The point in me doing the icon sbcs is I thought I was getting a card that wouldn’t get bettered, I wouldn’t do them and won’t be from now on if their just going to change whenever.

Hows that any different than potm?
  • kanyeezey
    497 posts An Exciting Prospect
    They should at least tell us which players get mega primes and which dont.
  • Falafelmonster
    4688 posts National Call-Up
    Bob_Dylan wrote: »
    This might’ve been posted already but thought it was hilarious

mlEHgRK.jpg

:d :D
  • murazorr
    212 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Bob_Dylan wrote: »
    This might’ve been posted already but thought it was hilarious

mlEHgRK.jpg

Love it :joy:
  • DutyHarry
    2921 posts Fans' Favourite
    kanyeezey wrote: »

"Living organism...blablablah...hostage...", you know the drill.
  • SGLT

Why?

Hows that any different than potm?

Because potm is a player that is actually still playing and can get better cards by performing well, that’s a chance you take doing they cards, last time I checked none of the icons were still putting in motm performances on a weekly basis
  • GS13
    212 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Prime.
  • vibemix881
    2572 posts Fans' Favourite
    GS13 wrote: »
    Prime.

of the month
  • SupaNoodle1990
    25610 posts Player of the Year
    GS13 wrote: »
    Prime.

giphy.gif?cid=4bf119fc5c61eb1046512e3741c8ab28

• WFCBagnall
    66170 posts Moderator

The market is an organism and can't be held hostage to requests.
  • Cantona84
    7387 posts League Winner
    Any of you guys still planning to do primes in the future? My appetite for these sbcs just went missing...
  • SupaNoodle1990
    Cantona84 wrote: »
    Any of you guys still planning to do primes in the future? My appetite for these sbcs just went missing...

Yes, I’d put Rivaldo in to a prime Emile Heskey at this point.
  • ccooaattssyy
    4555 posts National Call-Up
    I’ve started Rijkaard so gonna have to finish.
  • Keano
    9987 posts Has That Special Something

I wont touch another prime sbc after this, because they can just release a sceam prime version a few weeks later and youre stuck with a second rate prime (when everyone wants the best bersion, not a middle).
  • Cantona84
    7387 posts League Winner

I also have cards I need to get rid of, but after that it’s a no for me.
  • Jensonj67
    1668 posts Play-Off Hero
    I have nakata still so I need to put him somewhere
  • Pughy30
    24164 posts Club Captain
    Wonder will Maradona get a hand of god dynamic image
  • Keano
    9987 posts Has That Special Something
    Pughy30 wrote: »
    Wonder will Maradona get a hand of god dynamic image

99 handling.
  • SupaNoodle1990

I also have cards I need to get rid of, but after that it’s a no for me.

This game is dead to me without SBC’s.
  • Ulook92
    11006 posts Has That Special Something
    DutyHarry wrote: »

"Living organism...blablablah...hostage...", you know the drill.

Yet its fine to hold peoples accounts hostage :lol:
  • kanyeezey
    497 posts An Exciting Prospect
    WFCBagnall wrote: »

The market is an organism and can't be held hostage to requests.

*insert g. zaro quicksell gif*