The Squad Building Challenges *I LOVE LEAGUE SBCS* Appreciation Thread *IT'S SEPTEMBER!* 🦖🏀🦎 🌫⛅

Comments

• Skorpio_King
    5312 posts Big Money Move
    schmo wrote: »

Just give me bronze/silver tournaments.

Yes give me those back
  • Scholesyy
    1405 posts Professional
    Is the totw sbcs any totw or just the current one?
  • Dan is Clutch
    25797 posts Player of the Year
    Scholesyy wrote: »
    Is the totw sbcs any totw or just the current one?

Any totw. We don’t even have a current totw in packs atm, just the best of totw’s.
  • Gyan_33
    31588 posts National Team Captain
    edited July 30

It pains me to say it, but that time is gone. Back in the day it was easy to score from 30 yards with a sick bronze player, but have you used them this FIFA? Even 74 rated silvers struggle to score a tap in.
  • Sixtech
    2996 posts National Call-Up
    Scutch wrote: »
    Sixtech wrote: »
    Gyan_33 wrote: »
    So EA's instagram says "up to 90 icons" we currently have 74 in FIFA 19 so assuming every single icon stays, that means we have roughly 16 new icons in FIFA 20.

I'm hoping the "best" ones haven't been announced already, and then we get fodder.

There's very little chance of Batistuta because of his PES ties, but I would love a player of that calibre.

There is plenty of Batistutas already. No need for more 3* skills sub 90 pace strikers.

Yeah I know right, imagine wanting a Batistuta icon just because he's one of your favorite players growing up. That's so stupid lmao.

Exactly. I'd 100% love to use Batigol, 3* skills or not.

Batigol will not save you from making posts on the WL thread saying the game is rigged and the AI decides the result.

Nothing will stop that, yet I’ve still played over 2000 games and enjoy having players in my team that I can relate to and want to enjoy playing with. The game is a **** mess; it’s glitchy, annoying, frustrating and arguably the biggest abomination of a football game that EA have ever produced. But I’m still here playing it every week.

I like to play this game actually. How do you enjoy playing FIFA if you dislike it so much?

Nothing wrong with disliking the game but if you played 2000 games deep inside you love the game. Just admit it.
  • schmo
    298 posts Sunday League Hero

It pains me to say it, but that time is gone. Back in the day it was easy to score from 30 yards with a sick bronze player, but have you used them this FIFA? Even 74 rated silvers struggle to score a tap in.

I haven't because there is literally no point to use them besides maybe the odd objective and for sbcs. Which seems extremely dumb to me. It would honestly just be a really nice change of pace from the usual.
  • Scutch
    11903 posts Has That Special Something
    edited July 30
    So EA's instagram says "up to 90 icons" we currently have 74 in FIFA 19 so assuming every single icon stays, that means we have roughly 16 new icons in FIFA 20.

I'm hoping the "best" ones haven't been announced already, and then we get fodder.

There's very little chance of Batistuta because of his PES ties, but I would love a player of that calibre.

There is plenty of Batistutas already. No need for more 3* skills sub 90 pace strikers.

Yeah I know right, imagine wanting a Batistuta icon just because he's one of your favorite players growing up. That's so stupid lmao.

Exactly. I'd 100% love to use Batigol, 3* skills or not.

Batigol will not save you from making posts on the WL thread saying the game is rigged and the AI decides the result.

Nothing will stop that, yet I’ve still played over 2000 games and enjoy having players in my team that I can relate to and want to enjoy playing with. The game is a **** mess; it’s glitchy, annoying, frustrating and arguably the biggest abomination of a football game that EA have ever produced. But I’m still here playing it every week.

I like to play this game actually. How do you enjoy playing FIFA if you dislike it so much?

Nothing wrong with disliking the game but if you played 2000 games deep inside you love the game. Just admit it.

Honestly mate, I want to love it, I love football, and my addiction for wanting to do better keeps me playing. I get more annoyed by FIFA19 than any other game I’ve ever played. I come off it sometimes and want to stop playing forever. Then I see an SBC or YouTube clip and a fancy new formation or player, and I’m hooked back in. I’ve got nothing else to play that has that addictive feeing. Last year I had Monster Hunter World to play and it was superb.

This game is horrible. But you’re right, I must perversely love it.
    Post edited by Scutch on
  • Dan is Clutch
    I love UT. I love the whole concept of card collecting and most importantly I love football. That’s why I will forever buy this stupid game no matter what they do. :joy:
  • Muzza11
    8726 posts League Winner
    I love UT. I love the whole concept of card collecting and most importantly I love football. That’s why I will forever buy this stupid game no matter what they do. :joy:

Even if they lose licence to West Ham and start calling them The Irons with a fake badge?.
  • Dan is Clutch
    Muzza11 wrote: »

Even if they lose licence to West Ham and start calling them The Irons with a fake badge?.

I would be sad but I would still play. :joy:
  • Manutelli
    18926 posts World Class
    So goes for me.

The alternative is some trash game.
  • Gyan_33
    Don't think 'FIFA is bad, so I'm gonna buy PES'. Eventually it becomes just as frustrating, trust me.
  • bjornini
    3792 posts National Call-Up
    If the '90 icons in FIFA 20' is really true, than my hopes for a Belgian Icon are getting a little bigger
  • WFCBagnall
    72175 posts Moderator

Eric Mjelde and Barry Robson :love:
  • Gyan_33
    edited July 30
    bjornini wrote: »
    If the '90 icons in FIFA 20' is really true, then my hopes for Tim Cahill are getting a little bigger
  • Skorpio_King
    5312 posts Big Money Move
    Manutelli wrote: »
    So goes for me.

Kuyt Icon 😯😯😯😯

• jenksiee123
    21977 posts Club Captain
    Banging in volleys with Zizou will be some nostalgia trip
  • Pughy30
    26385 posts Player of the Year
    0 interest in Kuyt that card will be dead. The Mexican will probably be Hugo Sanchez who could be pretty good
  • deeeyepeepeewhy
    1086 posts Professional
    Would love to see Kuyt. He’d be super cheap too.
  • holdenwait
    58184 posts National Treasure
    hmm wonder if Kuyt will have a Fenerbahce bio/version. :)
  • ORANGEeffect05
    21896 posts Club Captain
    Banging in volleys with Zizou will be some nostalgia trip

HoW cAn YoU eNjOy UsInG iCoNs
  • deeeyepeepeewhy
    1086 posts Professional
    Pughy30 wrote: »
    0 interest in Kuyt that card will be dead. The Mexican will probably be Hugo Sanchez who could be pretty good

Him or Marquez, for sure.
  • Gyan_33
    Manutelli wrote: »
    So goes for me.

Kuyt Icon 😯😯😯😯

"Rumores", does that mean icon Ramires? :open_mouth:
  • jocksaltire_67
    582 posts An Exciting Prospect
    What cards are in packs just now guys? Has anyone got the spreadsheet handy?
  • Hicksy2011
    13500 posts Has That Special Something
    Just give me a Portsmouth one please
    Kanu/Prosinecki someone like that would be nice
  • Pughy30
    26385 posts Player of the Year
    edited July 30
    Don't know how accurate the stats are just found it on google but if it's gonna be a new Mexican it will hopefully be Sanchez
    DX3trTVX4AAnyfu.jpg

• Pikachu
    8822 posts League Winner
    What cards are in packs just now guys? Has anyone got the spreadsheet handy?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jEbJwXG9peF8OjoCin2oY7F3n0nJX2a-XrtV6hROAu8/htmlview?sle=true

@jocksaltire_67
  • EddieFicio
    21954 posts Club Captain
    Its either sanchez, campos or blanco

Kuyt would be such a dead icon
  • Gyan_33
    Blanco <3

• Scutch
    11903 posts Has That Special Something
    Pughy30 wrote: »
    Don't know how accurate the stats are just found it on google but if it's gonna be a new Mexican it will hopefully be Sanchez
    DX3trTVX4AAnyfu.jpg

Somersault: 99.