The Squad Building Challenges *I LOVE LEAGUE SBCS* Appreciation Thread *IT'S SEPTEMBER!* 🦖🏀🦎 🌫⛅

Comments

• TimRUFC
    3222 posts National Call-Up
    TimRUFC wrote: »
    What’s everyone doing with their rewards from Rivals and WL this week? I’m trying to stack as many packs as possible before Friday. Have the Cech packs saved and a couple decent ones from league SBC’s just for the 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% chance of packing that 94 sexy Henry

Sorry, edited myself 🤦🏼‍♂️😳
  • Ian_Ando08
    7484 posts League Winner
    What’s everyone doing with their rewards from Rivals and WL this week? I’m trying to stack as many packs as possible before Friday. Have the Cech packs saved and a couple decent ones from league SBC’s just for the 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% chance of packing that 94 sexy Henry

have you seen the upgrade for these cards? apart from the dynamic they are pointless.. the upgrade is so minimal !

check out below on the left is the new best, the right is "prime" best

5521a76e73286f5d478347be570e6365.png
  • TimRUFC
    Ian_Ando08 wrote: »

have you seen the upgrade for these cards? apart from the dynamic they are pointless.. the upgrade is so minimal !

Far from pointless if by the minuscule chance one of them pops up in your packs because they will go for a ridiculous price. Don’t get me wrong I know they pointless to go buying one and I never would
  • Ian_Ando08
    7484 posts League Winner

Far from pointless if by the minuscule chance one of them pops up in your packs because they will go for a ridiculous price. Don’t get me wrong I know they pointless to go buying one and I never would

sorry thats what i meant mate if you luckily pack one yes that amazing but from a playing perspective pretty pointless haha
  • TimRUFC
    They’re just basically like an IF upgrade on a high rated card which I tend to stay away from anyway because the difference IG will be none existent
  • Campino
    26916 posts Player of the Year
    If you gave me two of exactly the same card and one had a dynamic and one didn’t, I would always opt for the dynamic and wouldn’t really care for the price difference. That goes for all types of cards as well
  • DarthGrowler
    14238 posts Has That Special Something
    I did Howard for opportunity cost. Will go nicely into an icon
  • krakos000
    17455 posts World Class
    Campino wrote: »
    If you gave me two of exactly the same card and one had a dynamic and one didn’t, I would always opt for the dynamic and wouldn’t really care for the price difference. That goes for all types of cards as well

So you would pay like 500k to 1m more for a dynamic picture for an icon? That seems ridiculous to me, even more so than paying more for fresh cards...
  • Tof33z
    6434 posts Big Money Move
    krakos000 wrote: »

So you would pay like 500k to 1m more for a dynamic picture for an icon? That seems ridiculous to me, even more so than paying more for fresh cards...

Then don't do it. We all have different motivations
  • Ian_Ando08 wrote: »

To be fair, the difference between "old middle" and "poopish prime" is also "just" 30-40 IGS. Players like GUllit on the other hand have a bigger difference.
  • Tsarov
    3205 posts National Call-Up
    That Prime Prime Inzaghi <3

Get FP out of this game EU, please.
  • Campino
    26916 posts Player of the Year

If Gary Lineker gets a dynamic from let’s say Italia 90, I would liquidate my club to buy him 100% because it adds to the nostalgia

It’s just me
  • DarthGrowler
    14238 posts Has That Special Something

Yes
  • McRaven
    4246 posts National Call-Up

Guess we'll have to wait for the Super Super Prime Mega Magical Moment Prime versions to see some real worthwhile boosts!
  • TakeItSlow
    7185 posts Big Money Move
    Like someone said, the difference between most middle versions to their primes is also minimal. Henry's card isn't going to be worth the time or stress to get him, but he's the highest rated version of my favourite every player and he has that dynamic image which makes me want to puma pants.
  • Manutelli
    18472 posts World Class
    RBailss wrote: »
    Manutelli wrote: »
    I've been using SBC Augusto and SBC Oscar now for quite a few games and I must say they are actually really good and fun to use. Oscar is a fine playmaker who gets a lot of assists and has great balls. Augusto on the other hand is a good box to box midfielder with a rocket of a shot. Lots of people use them to submit for SBC's but they are good use. Don't have them in a team currently as I'm doing something with POTM Rashford and Ibra.

Had both in this

eTZsqel.png

Changed Hulk to Nakata (even though Nakata wasn't all that great)

How is Casemiro @ Manutelli ? Got 4 teams to finish.

@RBailss

I like him, switched him to CDM in this team. Big presence in midfield even though he hasn't got the highest of pace but in terms of defending abilities he is really good. Really strong in the air and on the ground as well. He needs someone around him with high pace just to get the high pace players out of the game as well. Just make sure he gets in physical duels because he will win them.
  • RBailss
    11846 posts Has That Special Something
    Thanks mate, he'd be alongside Seedorf so I think they'll compliment each other well.
  • Idek
    10087 posts Has That Special Something
    This feels like the most anger there's ever been about a promo, I still think it's a cool idea

Really I'm just at the point where I'm so bored waiting for the prime sbc's I want that I don't care anymore
  • TakeItSlow
    Idek wrote: »
    This feels like the most anger there's ever been about a promo, I still think it's a cool idea

Really I'm just at the point where I'm so bored waiting for the prime sbc's I want that I don't care anymore

People are only mad because they've done the prime versions through SBC's. Although even they don't know what's actually going to happen SBC wise for this. Nor will they be able to afford the mega prime versions and considering what people deem as "minimal" upgrades I don't think its a big deal.

Its a rich mans promo unless there's cool SBC's.
  • Gyan_33
    28956 posts Player of the Year
    I'm gonna be scared to complete any icon sbc from now on... Would be nice if they at least announce which icons are getting a special version.
  • McRaven
    4246 posts National Call-Up

It's just a cash grab imo. Yes I like new cards too, but these will be so expensive the majority can't afford it, the pack weights will be abysmal and the upgrades are so minimal all you'll be paying for is the dynamic image. Which is really cool, but not worth a million extra.
  • Tof33z
    6434 posts Big Money Move

yeah seems a non event tbh. Someone else having a negligible upgrade on your prime doesn't really affect anything, though I get why it winds people up a bit

doubt it'll impact pack sales much anyway
  • TakeItSlow
    McRaven wrote: »

It's just a cash grab imo. Yes I like new cards too, but these will be so expensive the majority can't afford it, the pack weights will be abysmal and the upgrades are so minimal all you'll be paying for is the dynamic image. Which is really cool, but not worth a million extra.

Every new promo that they release will be deemed by some as cash grabs. But its only a cash grab if people spend the cash, a cash grab is TOTY, out for a week. These are out until the end of FIFA. I think its just something to give icons a little freshen up, which is nice.
  • TomOTW
    651 posts An Exciting Prospect
    They’ve just confirmed you’ll be able to upgrade if you’ve done the prime, everyone can now stop crying
  • Alexrb89
    3455 posts National Call-Up
    TomOTW wrote: »
    They’ve just confirmed you’ll be able to upgrade if you’ve done the prime, everyone can now stop crying

Only if you have the SBC version right?
  • NornIron
    11131 posts Has That Special Something
    TomOTW wrote: »

Depends if its a extra million to upgrade.
  • Manutelli
    18472 posts World Class
    Don't mind having an upgraded Nedved :naughty:
  • Equinox 85
    703 posts An Exciting Prospect
    It says you can upgrade later in fifa 19. Does that mean at the time of release this Friday or in a month or two? Isn't exactly clear really. Good that you'll be able to swap them over though. Be a pain if you have to spend some extra coins to do it for the little upgrade on the ones shown so far.
  • jenksiee123
    21236 posts Club Captain
    Stoichkov pls so I can get a sweet, sweet dynamic picture. Could see him getting one for the 94 WC.