The Weekend League Thread *Eddie the 🐐

Comments

• EddieFicio
    21412 posts Club Captain
    edited May 21
    EddieFicio wrote: »
    Paciga45 wrote: »
    Also while I do get a lot of rage quits (10ish id say) I also get a lot of people quitting on me as soon as the game begins or at 0-0, which means I go into 32-35 games per weekend.

Congrats again, even more impressive considering when you accomplished it.

How did you set up?

Start the games in 352, switch to 4231 after i'm up by 1 or 2 (dont switch at all if the opponent isnt good or is not exploting my wings). You basically have to set out to control how the game develops.

Most important advice I can give generally is,

Always try to score first, take the game to the opponent at the beginning, be proactive. Then go from there. The player that scores first is usuallly in control of how the game develops.

Don't be afraid to change formations or approach, sometimes in 352 I feel im getting overrun or outplayed, cant get out of my half or cant create good chances, I switch to 4231 even if I'm down or it's 0-0, despite being a more defensive formation, catching people off guard is important. Usually by the 20 minute mark players are settled into the game and have picked up your playstyle patterns, changing the formation suddenly crushes that.

Control the game, as soon as you take the lead. Take charge of whats going and what's going to happen, this doesn't mean taking the ball and keeping it. You can control a game while not having possession (this is something people struggle to understand).

Don't panic, don't overuse the same plays over and over, if you cross a lot its easy to defend, try other avenues of attacking. If you don't cross, then cross. If you don't take longshots, then take them. If you take loads of longshots then try to work the ball into the box. If it doesn't work, switch it up. Don't stay in a comfort zone.

Be focused, a game can be turned on its head quite easily this year, it doesnt matter if you're far superior to the opponent. Don't be complacent. A bad rebound or animation is all it takes. When I'm up in games my objective becomes keeping a cleansheet, defense wins you titles so you have to be secure at the back. Goals will come.

Above all, be calm. It's just a game.

To add to that, there was only 1 game all weekend where I conceded first, and it was one of the hardest 2. (the one where I won 4-3).

Comebacks are not healthy, try to avoid being in a losing position as much as you can.
  • Adamski
    9948 posts League Winner
    GG Eddie u sweaty boi
  • DougInskip
    6294 posts League Winner
    What’s your team? @EddieFicio
  • EddieFicio
    21412 posts Club Captain
    DougInskip wrote: »

For the weekend it was

Son
    Cr7 hazard mbappe
    Fernandinho vieira
    Marcelo maldini vvd cancelo
    Alisson
  • Sanchezzzz
    3830 posts National Call-Up

For the weekend it was

Son
    Cr7 hazard mbappe
    Fernandinho vieira
    Alisson

Who did you find Fernandinho as a whole ?
  • EddieFicio
    21412 posts Club Captain
    Sanchezzzz wrote: »

For the weekend it was

Son
    Cr7 hazard mbappe
    Fernandinho vieira
    Alisson

Who did you find Fernandinho as a whole ?

Great, love him
  • DougInskip
    6294 posts League Winner
    @EddieFicio don’t suppose you have used Pim dinho? If so is tots hazard better?
  • Keano
    12798 posts Has That Special Something
    edited May 21
    Packed TOTS Ederson but have TOTY De Gea in goal, Ederson is 2 inches smaller but would free up 670-700k if I sell him, should I do it to free uip the coins or is Ederson not on De Geas level?

If not Ederson will just go into an sbc.

Wondering if to Sell DDG, my cam & downgrade my cb & get 89 Eusebio... or if to just sell DDG & my cam & get CR7.
  • Finesse_4days
    6888 posts Big Money Move
    Keano wrote: »
    Packed TOTS Ederson but have TOTY De Gea in goal, Ederson is 2 inches smaller but would free up 670-700k if I sell him, should I do it to free uip the coins or is Ederson not on De Geas level?

Wondering if to Sell DDG, my cam & downgrade my cb & get 89 Eusebio... or if to just sell DDG & my cam & get CR7.
    89 Eusebio is immense, depends on what sort of downgrade you have to do to your defence.
  • M98H
    12714 posts Has That Special Something
    edited May 21
    Looking back at this weekend, I should have known better not to do Robben and MVB ffs
    Gone completely away from the meta, using them 2 in a 352 :expressionless: with **** Sissoko
    Robben isn’t as bad, but my god I couldn’t use MVB
  • Finesse_4days
    M98H wrote: »
    Looking back at this weekend, I should have known better not to do Robben and MVB ffs
    Gone completely away from the meta, using them 2 in a 352 :expressionless: with **** Sissoko
    Robben isn’t as bad, but my god I couldn’t use MVB

U MUTA merchant - (most uneffective tactic available)
  • EddieFicio
    21412 posts Club Captain
    Adamski wrote: »
    GG Eddie u sweaty boi

TY Dadamski @Adamski :love:
  • M98H
    **** you got 30 @EddieFicio
    GGs, enjoy the 4+ mill!
    Don’t spend it all on upgrade packs we don’t have :wink:
  • Olleman
    12621 posts Has That Special Something
    Don't really care about the red pick now, would love a Hazard or Van Dijk tho :joy: But if I get Son again I will cry :joy:
  • EddieFicio
    21412 posts Club Captain
    GGs, enjoy the 4+ mill!

Dw they made sure I got my untradeable dupe even without upgrades :joy: @M98H

Also ditch mvb
  • M98H
    GGs, enjoy the 4+ mill!

Also ditch mvb

Stick him into a sbc for a 100k pack straight after WL :joy:
  • Keano

89 Eusebio is immense, depends on what sort of downgrade you have to do to your defence.

Sell fs de ligt for 88 VVD for a couple of days (basically just this WL) to fund eusebio.... and cr7 leaves him, ibra and best all on 7-8 chem.

@Finesse_4days
  • Finesse_4days

Sell fs de ligt for 88 VVD for a couple of days (basically just this WL) to fund eusebio.... and cr7 leaves him, ibra and best all on 7-8 chem.

@Finesse_4days
    I would do that,88 VVD is solid enough.
  • Paciga45
    3546 posts National Call-Up

For the weekend it was

Son
    Cr7 hazard mbappe
    Fernandinho vieira
    Alisson

How did you work that into a 352?
  • Keano

@Finesse_4days

Fair few have said cr7 as ye’s unique and a meta card... but yeah, eusebio gets everyone except best to 10 chem and is also great from reviews... not sure which way to go 😂
  • Finesse_4days

@Finesse_4days

Fair few have said cr7 as ye’s unique and a meta card... but yeah, eusebio gets everyone except best to 10 chem and is also great from reviews... not sure which way to go 😂

If you haven't used Eusebio defo get Eusebio, as it's fun to try out different players, and he's the best Icon striker IMO.
  • EddieFicio
    21412 posts Club Captain
    Paciga45 wrote: »

For the weekend it was

Son
    Cr7 hazard mbappe
    Fernandinho vieira
    Alisson

How did you work that into a 352?

Ronaldo mbappe
    Hazard
    Marcelo fernandinho vieira son
    Maldini vvd cancelo
    Alisson

@Paciga45
  • Keano

@Finesse_4days

If you haven't used Eusebio defo get Eusebio, as it's fun to try out different players, and he's the best Icon striker IMO.

Never used Ronaldo in any fifa before either, that's why it's tough haha. Ronaldo is more meta & would prob help me win those 50/50 games... but I assume Eusebio is also amazing... though Best starts at striker due to being the only RF/LF card I have in game... but can switch him if Eusebio is that much better at st than cam.
  • Maverick
    4779 posts National Call-Up
    TOTS Laca enough to be competitive with?
  • Nen
    4347 posts Moderator
    GGs, enjoy the 4+ mill!

Also ditch mvb

I thought you deleted your club @M98H ?

They always come back :D
  • M98H
    Nen wrote: »
    GGs, enjoy the 4+ mill!

Also ditch mvb

I thought you deleted your club @M98H ?

They always come back :D

Nah never deleted my club? Why would I do such a thing?

:trollface:
  • ORANGEeffect05
    20456 posts Club Captain
    Away this weekend so I think I'll aim to buy during the post WL sellup for the following WL...think it's time for CR7 to come home :smirk:
  • Olleman
    12621 posts Has That Special Something
    UCL live Kimpembe better than NIF Ramos or good at all? :)
  • ORANGEeffect05
    20456 posts Club Captain
    Olleman wrote: »
    UCL live Kimpembe better than NIF Ramos or good at all? :)

Quite good. Quick and nimble with good distribution. Jumping prob the one big advantage Ramos has on him.
  • PelzyWelzy
    9324 posts League Winner
    PelzyWelzy wrote: »
    PelzyWelzy wrote: »
    Anyone know if EA changed something server wise last weekend?

Had pretty solid gameplay for a few days now, next to no delay or lag etc.

Either something’s been changed or player numbers are down astronomically.

No changes I think.

Strange... my gameplay has been consistently poor for a while now but all of a sudden everything feels as you’d hope for with no delay issues whatsoever.

Maybe you cat stopped playing with the internet cables? :joy:

:joy:

I’ll never forget that.

She’s still not been forgiven :smiley: