The Weekend League Thread *Eddie the 🐐

Comments

• hjdjydyufu
    6198 posts Big Money Move
    Orison wrote: »
    So many people in div 1 seem to be chilled by now.

Sure they are good players, but nobody tries too hard anymore. At 2400 you are like 35 straight Ls away from relegation so nobody even cares anymore.

Yes I regret my decision so much now. @Orison

D1 was much easier than this.
  • hjdjydyufu
    edited April 22
    hjdjydyufu wrote: »
    So many people in div 1 seem to be chilled by now.

Sure they are good players, but nobody tries too hard anymore. At 2400 you are like 35 straight Ls away from relegation so nobody even cares anymore.

Yes I regret my decision so much now. @Orison

D1 was much easier than this.

They play desperate and don't get that in D1 much
  • Orison
    44246 posts International Superstar
    I'm playing a guy in div 1 who rubber banded his controller.

From minute 1 :joy:
  • Falafelmonster
    4743 posts National Call-Up
    edited April 23
    Really disappointed with SIF Mbappe. Especially after all the raving about him.
    Tried him ST + R/LCAM in a 4231 and he just didn't wow me that much.
    8 games 3 goals 0 assists.
  • Orison
    44246 posts International Superstar
    Italian objective done.

And now we wait for that last SBC for a swap player.
  • Daveofwales01
    7855 posts League Winner
    Italian objective done.

And now we wait for that last SBC for a swap player.

One in sb too in case you hadn't seen it
  • Sjaban
    482 posts Sunday League Hero
    I'm so triggered. I spent a while dropping down from D1 to D4 to complete the italy obj.

I was hanging fine in D1 for a month but I've lost my last 3 in D4. Two of them to all NIF teams.

What the crap is going on?

It's worrying that you spent the time to drop down.

You don't even need to win, just score. Dropping down takes longer than completing the thing lmao

I wanted some easy games for a change @Orison

I'm tired of D1 and WL. Too stressful.

Need some chill games.

Lol. There is no easy or chill games in rivals.
  • Scutch
    9342 posts League Winner
    Didn't play at all this weekend as I was in Blackpool. Didn't miss it at all. Quite refreshing really.
  • TheDreamer
    2849 posts Fans' Favourite
    @hjdjydyufu Try draft, I prefer it to every other mode now. If you win, you make your coins back, if you lose first round, you usually get it back too thanks to the silver packs.

It can be pretty annoying too, especially when you play a horrible opponent, but still lose to his 6 PIM and 3 TOTY team, while you have an 87 rated team with 75 rated GK and terrible defense. :joy:
  • TheDreamer
    2849 posts Fans' Favourite
    What tactics and player instructions are you using? Do you use fast buildup or/and stay forward on you attackers and stay back on your defenders and fullbacks?
  • ha032742
    34450 posts Moderator
    Anyone used Scream Busquets since the last shift? Does he feel awful on the ball?
  • hjdjydyufu
    TheDreamer wrote: »
    @hjdjydyufu Try draft, I prefer it to every other mode now. If you win, you make your coins back, if you lose first round, you usually get it back too thanks to the silver packs.

It can be pretty annoying too, especially when you play a horrible opponent, but still lose to his 6 PIM and 3 TOTY team, while you have an 87 rated team with 75 rated GK and terrible defense. :joy:

@TheDreamer

I play draft alot and its fun sometimes.
  • hjdjydyufu
    TheDreamer wrote: »
    What tactics and player instructions are you using? Do you use fast buildup or/and stay forward on you attackers and stay back on your defenders and fullbacks?

@TheDreamer

I use 4231 mostly. Use 41212-2 some too.

MY most used tactic is

Press on heavy touch
    Balanced

I go fast build up and team press if I need goals.

I'm pretty much a Gold 2 player. Sometimes Gold 1 but never elite.
  • EddieFicio
    19514 posts World Class
    ha032742 wrote: »
    Anyone used Scream Busquets since the last shift? Does he feel awful on the ball?

He behd @ha032742

I used him when he had 99 dribbling too and he wasnt good then either, disappears out of games, not psychical enough either
  • ha032742
    34450 posts Moderator
    edited April 23
    EddieFicio wrote: »

He behd @ha032742

I used him when he had 99 dribbling too and he wasnt good then either, disappears out of games, not psychical enough either

Need a partner for Vidal that’s cheap :anguished:

RTTF Fabinho or EL Kondogbia are the other choices...
  • EddieFicio
    19514 posts World Class

He behd @ha032742

Kondo
  • Daveofwales01
    7855 posts League Winner

He behd @ha032742

Kondo

Is he good? Have 86 Vieira ATM and he's junk going forward but helpful defensively, looking at him and Arthur as possible replacements while I save up for an sbc or a decent tots comes
  • Sixtech
    2195 posts Fans' Favourite

He behd @ha032742

I used scream Busquets for one week until yesterday. He is not bad but he isnt Gullit either. He does not feel slow BUT he doesnt feel 99 pace. You should try him out, he sells for 599k even with the currenty market and you can get him for 550/570k without that much trouble, no risk for you until La Liga TOTS comes.

He feels and plays better than guys like FS Guendouzi or Bentancur. Try him.
  • Keano
    10634 posts Has That Special Something
    86 Vieira...

or

89 Ballack + 300k to spend elsewhere (either to replace FB Rooney, FB Ibra or 84 Chilwell)

or

Prime Ballack

for a Cdm/cm role (depending on formation, he would be beside Keane at cdm or with Keane, & Rooney on the lcm role).

Asked something similar in the Icon thread (but led to this), appreciate responses... swaying to keeping Vieira atm but not sure.

Also.... who's the best prem LB or cm/cam for 300-350k (replace chilwell or rooney).
  • ha032742
    34450 posts Moderator
    Sixtech wrote: »

He behd @ha032742

I used scream Busquets for one week until yesterday. He is not bad but he isnt Gullit either. He does not feel slow BUT he doesnt feel 99 pace. You should try him out, he sells for 599k even with the currenty market and you can get him for 550/570k without that much trouble, no risk for you until La Liga TOTS comes.

He feels and plays better than guys like FS Guendouzi or Bentancur. Try him.

He behd @ha032742

Kondo

Or could use Birthday Meunier?
  • krakos000
    17147 posts World Class
    edited April 23
    Anyone asking for opinions on a CDM/CM that isn't Vieira or Gullit need to get themselves a Kondo
  • Richard
    11321 posts Has That Special Something
    edited April 23
    Best budget CDM is Scream Mascherano tbh. I have RTTF Kondogbia untradeable and Mascherano outplays him.
  • Keano
    krakos000 wrote: »
    Anyone asking for opinions on a CDM/CM that isn't Vieira or Gullit need to get themselves a Kondo

@krakos000 One of my choices was Vieira (which i have), so get yoself outta here boy :trollface:
  • krakos000
    17147 posts World Class
    Keano wrote: »

@krakos000 One of my choices was Vieira (which i have), so get yoself outta here boy :trollface:

I meant one of the elite versions of them not the poor man's budget Baby Vieira :trollface:
  • Sixtech
    2195 posts Fans' Favourite
    @ha032742 I never used Birthday Meunier. He looks good and cheap.

If you have the money for Busquets try him out, its risk free dont worry. I sold 3 Busquets in the last few days, he is crash proof, i swear. I never saw more than 6 on the market at the same time.
  • ha032742
    34450 posts Moderator
    edited April 23
    Sixtech wrote: »
    @ha032742 I never used Birthday Meunier. He looks good and cheap.

If you have the money for Busquets try him out, its risk free dont worry. I sold 3 Busquets in the last few days, he is crash proof, i swear. I never saw more than 6 on the market at the same time.

Yeah coins aren’t the problem but trying to stay liquid till TOTS now. Kondogbia looks like the best option but is too hard to link without either doing Guedes or killing myself in division 1 to get Wass. I think I’ll give Busquets a go along without Meunier and sell whichever is worse :+1:
  • Keano

I meant one of the elite versions of them not the poor man's budget Baby Vieira :trollface:

... Leave me alone. @krakos000
  • krakos000
    17147 posts World Class

... Leave me alone. @krakos000

Hehe;)
  • WFCBagnall
    67174 posts Moderator
    Might just be a visual error, but on the schedule for this WL, why is there no packs shown for the rewards?
  • alex1987
    5052 posts Big Money Move
    WFCBagnall wrote: »
    Might just be a visual error, but on the schedule for this WL, why is there no packs shown for the rewards?

This week WL is just for fun and pleasure. Why would we need rewards for funsies.