The Weekend League Thread *Eddie the 🐐

Comments

• LeonidasJB
    14467 posts Has That Special Something
    I really give up playing this game, dropback with 2 cdm in in front of penalty area. long shoot doesn't work at all. how are we gonna score if they play like this?

Long shots fly in regularly enough for me.
    I know you can't rely on it to win games, but if you also need to rely on getting in behind then you need to mix it up a bit.
    You need Nedved, Gerrard, Best, Hamsik or SMS on long shots. Gerrard has scored a few bangers this weekend for me.
  • Primal
    3827 posts National Call-Up
    c749f0a80732d4b86ba3d89b7fbfc1ca.jpg

This is why ill never finish top 100 this fifa lol so much RNG , hit the post/crossbar 5 times from easy angles that normally go in, made me stop at 14-2. Im so tragic this year. :D
  • Orison
    44173 posts International Superstar
    Primal wrote: »

This is why ill never finish top 100 this fifa lol so much RNG , hit the post/crossbar 5 times from easy angles that normally go in, made me stop at 14-2. Im so tragic this year. :D

26 club4life :(
  • Maverick
    4328 posts National Call-Up
    Any of y'all selling up for TOTS now?
  • Orison
    Maverick wrote: »

Did weeks ago, hate every part of my (mainly untradeable) team. Can't recommend.
  • RebelRob
    4412 posts National Call-Up

Most likely not.

Have 90 gullit, prime cruyff and nif cr7 tradeable but prime Raul and prime Eusebio untradeable so may just sell cr7 and use either of those as my striker in the meantime, but all of them together are nice to use so will see.

I think I’ll have enough time next weekend to play all 30 again (have only managed it 6 times or so this year) so might after that.
  • Maverick
    Orison wrote: »

Did weeks ago, hate every part of my (mainly untradeable) team. Can't recommend.

Meh if you're only stopping at 14 (which you are) it shouldn't be that bad.
  • Maverick
    RebelRob wrote: »

Most likely not.

Have 90 gullit, prime cruyff and nif cr7 tradeable but prime Raul and prime Eusebio untradeable so may just sell cr7 and use either of those as my striker in the meantime, but all of them together are nice to use so will see.

I think I’ll have enough time next weekend to play all 30 again (have only managed it 6 times or so this year) so might after that.

Yeah I'm considering going one more weekend then selling up. Although that's probably what a lot of people are planning on doing :D
  • Orison

It's still bad.
  • CovLee_Candice
    3956 posts National Call-Up
    LeonidasJB wrote: »
    I really give up playing this game, dropback with 2 cdm in in front of penalty area. long shoot doesn't work at all. how are we gonna score if they play like this?

I know you can't rely on it to win games, but if you also need to rely on getting in behind then you need to mix it up a bit.
    You need Nedved, Gerrard, Best, Hamsik or SMS on long shots. Gerrard has scored a few bangers this weekend for me.

looks like we really need 2 Cdm that can shoot for this game heh. right now have sms and kante, might replace kante with hamsik..
  • Maverick

It's still bad.

Fellaini still carrying your squad to G3? :trollface:
  • Primal

ino mate :'( its the first fifa where ive never improved, i even went 22-0 a month ago and still finished on 26 ha probably because i hardly croqueta , dont cross or move tthe gk, im so stuck in my ways
  • Orison

ino mate :'( its the first fifa where ive never improved, i even went 22-0 a month ago and still finished on 26 ha probably because i hardly croqueta , dont cross or move tthe gk, im so stuck in my ways

@Primal the only times I carried on past elite 3 were when I could still reach Elite 1 (so 23-3 or better), reached 25-3 3x and then lost game 29 or 30 everytime :joy:
  • EddieFicio
    19485 posts World Class

I sold up but I have no idea why :joy:

Untradeable FC around Ronaldo it is
  • LeonidasJB
    LeonidasJB wrote: »

looks like we really need 2 Cdm that can shoot for this game heh. right now have sms and kante, might replace kante with hamsik..

EoaE Hamsik has been absolutely phenomenal for me. He is solid enough defensively, and is absolutely amazing going forward.
    I use 2 teams. 433 and 433(4).
    1 midfield Trio is PIM Gerrard, FC Kante, Carniball Thiago. The other is PIM Gerrard, EoaE Hamsik and FUTmas Firmino.
    The amount of goals Kante pops up with is surprising, usually sneaks in the box at the last minute. The others can all shoot and all make good runs around the box.
    I nearly always sub either BD SMS or EoaE Ramsay for Thiago/Firmino. Either at HT or around the Hr mark.
  • LeonidasJB

My club is nearly all untradeable. From the players I could sell now before TOTS, I would at very, very most make maybe 100k. That is a really optimistic 100k at that.
  • Primal
    @Orison its not worth it mate... Look at my reds from the weeks i stopped at gold 3 :D :D the best ive pulled from elite rewards has been a red bernando silva ha

189c4f2c6b5314c615349c364f7420e0.jpg

Gold 3 OP
  • EddieFicio
    19485 posts World Class
    @Orison its not worth it mate... Look at my reds from the weeks i stopped at gold 3 :D :D the best ive pulled from elite rewards has been a red bernando silva ha

Gold 3 OP

My best red is mane (who i put in an sbc) back in october :|
  • LeonidasJB

Gold 3 OP

Don't say Gold 3 OP. I just hit Gold 1 for 1st time in 19!!
  • Orison
    Yeah, those reds are way better than mine.

I had solid luck at the start of the game from elite (Manolas, Mane, SIF Cancelo, Rashford, Radja and so on), but nothing ever from Gold 3.
  • EddieFicio
    19485 posts World Class
    Some guy on reddit played a full WL with llorente and crouch up top, finished 8-22. God bless his soul :joy:
  • ORANGEeffect05
    18621 posts World Class
    EddieFicio wrote: »
    Some guy on reddit played a full WL with llorente and crouch up top, finished 8-22. God bless his soul :joy:

HIPster :trollface:
  • Pugzilla
    15200 posts World Class

Gold 3 OP

That Mane was not good haha

Mine had 700 games and like 150 goals. RIP.

• EddieFicio
    19485 posts World Class
    Pugzilla wrote: »

Gold 3 OP

That Mane was not good haha

Mine had 700 games and like 150 goals. RIP.

He was terrible the poor guy, I really tried to like him but it wasnt happening lol
  • EddieFicio
    19485 posts World Class
    edited April 22
    Wrong thread lel
  • LeonidasJB
    Just opened a million coins worth of bronze packs and got all the serie A, which in turn allowed me to complete the 300k SBC for free. You guys are just morons

Undeniable logic there! 🤔
  • GL
    5100 posts Big Money Move
    06d28119bf8c7c5786fc05121f5edd99.png

This card is a joke. Manually control him on set pieces and he wins every header. He autoblocks like no other and is a rapid agile giant. Wtf
  • EddieFicio
    19485 posts World Class
    GL wrote: »
    06d28119bf8c7c5786fc05121f5edd99.png

This card is a joke. Manually control him on set pieces and he wins every header. He autoblocks like no other and is a rapid agile giant. Wtf

Hes a giant lmao
  • Yung
    11577 posts Has That Special Something
    Van dijk is literally a walk in corners or a goal scorer, only my flashback ibra out jumps him
  • CPFC16
    2014 posts Fans' Favourite
    Finished on gold 2 after a straight month of gold 1, had a nightmare last night