The Weekend League Thread *Eddie the 🐐

Comments

• Chubbs
    14226 posts Has That Special Something
    Got so excited I thought the trial dropped early I got a message from Xbox Live that said make sure and play your 10 hours of FIFA 19. Biggest troll ever.
  • MisterJV
    10773 posts Has That Special Something
    edited September 2018
    when does the WL start tho? Says TBD to the germans who have the game early
  • mjs4p
    11071 posts Has That Special Something
    MisterJV wrote: »
    when does the WL start tho? Says TBD to the germans who have the game early

Pretty sure I’ve seen Oct. 5th as the first WL date. The full game isn’t out until Sept. 28, so it can’t be that weekend.
  • GRobinho10
    242 posts Sunday League Hero
    Orison wrote: »

I can never tell when Bates is being serious but I wonder what he’s talking about here.

Waiting for fut champions champions at this point.

Doubt they let qualification run on a 30 game WL, with people hitting 30s there would be too much luck involved, because they never explained how skill rating works and how you increase it.
    Wattagunt wrote: »
    Obviously can't speak about this year so they may make it this 'form' matchmaking. Last year as others have pointed out it was certainly not that, I recall a time I was around 27-6 and then being matched up with three top 100 guys in a row losing all three when they were all unbeaten.

They didn't change matchmaking. I have no idea why so many people on twitter talk about pros not being able to dodge each other. It's the exact same system, they just tried to explain it :joy:

There are rumors that on qualification months, it will be 40 or 50 games, but with 4 days to play it. Monday included.
  • Maverick
    4750 posts National Call-Up
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds we get red weeklies instead of red monthlies, which I think is **** awesome. You will no longer get penalized from monthlies for missing a weekend because you're out of town or something.

EA = GOAT status (not really but I'm impressed they're actually listening for a change)
  • FknPitsy
    239 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Maverick wrote: »
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds we get red weeklies instead of red monthlies, which I think is **** awesome. You will no longer get penalized from monthlies for missing a weekend because you're out of town or something.

EA = GOAT status (not really but I'm impressed they're actually listening for a change)

Yeah that's what it sounds like. Awesome change. Also will be a player pick pack, so we will have some control over what players we get, as opposed to getting a bunch of useless reds.
  • Maverick
    And isn't the matchmaking system essentially ELO ranked matchmaking?
  • dopetothemax
    2015 posts Fans' Favourite

That’s correct. You’ll get x number of red weekly “player pick” packs. For Gold you get 2 packs, Elite gets 3, Silver gets 1. Each pack will pop out 5 random picks from the TOTW for you to choose from. Not sure if it’s been revealed what the ratings restrictions there will (or won’t be) depending where you finish. It’s a really awesome change for sure
  • Maverick
    FknPitsy wrote: »

Yeah that's what it sounds like. Awesome change. Also will be a player pick pack, so we will have some control over what players we get, as opposed to getting a bunch of useless reds.

Yeah. The only possible negative I foresee is if we get horrible players to choose from lol
  • dopetothemax

Yeah. The only possible negative I foresee is if we get horrible players to choose from lol

That’s the thing. It depends if they put rating limits on the players we can pick from. I imagine if you finish Silver weekly they won’t give you a chance at being able to pick an IF Ronaldo, but we’ll see
  • Maverick

That’s the thing. It depends if they put rating limits on the players we can pick from. I imagine if you finish Silver weekly they won’t give you a chance at being able to pick an IF Ronaldo, but we’ll see

Yeah agreed. Guess we'll find out at some point lol
  • Pauldejong6
    6706 posts Big Money Move
    30 games, weekly reds (which you can choose yourself). FINALLY.
  • MikeyP_FC
    12955 posts Has That Special Something

That’s correct. You’ll get x number of red weekly “player pick” packs. For Gold you get 2 packs, Elite gets 3, Silver gets 1. Each pack will pop out 5 random picks from the TOTW for you to choose from. Not sure if it’s been revealed what the ratings restrictions there will (or won’t be) depending where you finish. It’s a really awesome change for sure

I like
  • Carlos181
    3770 posts National Call-Up
    edited September 2018
    NGL, seeing that it’s 30 days kinda makes me want to buy it now. But, thinking about rage moments puts me off.
    Post edited by Carlos181 on
  • jpsblue
    3884 posts National Call-Up
    i wonder how they are going to allow us to choose the players from that TOTW. random bunch of players?
  • FknPitsy
    239 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    jpsblue wrote: »
    i wonder how they are going to allow us to choose the players from that TOTW. random bunch of players?

Will be a pack of 5 players to choose from for every player pick pack you earn.

The only thing we don't know, are the rating restrictions. It's possible that silvers only get a max 82 pick, or something.
  • SocratesMe
    118 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Red weekly is great! I’ll only have to play 30 games to get an 80 rated keeper or left back instead of 160 (120 now)
  • Orison
    47051 posts FIFA Cover Star
    And isn't the matchmaking system essentially ELO ranked matchmaking?

No
  • ha032742
    34898 posts Moderator
    30 games, weekly reds (which you can choose yourself). FINALLY.

Welcome back :smirk: :trollface:
  • SocratesMe
    Whilst your Skill Rating remains unaffected by playing the Weekend League, each game played will earn some Weekly Score in Division Rivals helping you improve your standing in the Rivals Weekly Competition. That means that every game played in the Weekend League contributes to unlocking to rewards in both the Weekend League and Division Rivals.

“Some” is an interesting way to put it. So not the full amount?

I wouldn’t really be fair if someone could play WL, get the rewards and that also got them top rewards in Rivals
  • Campino
    26783 posts Player of the Year
    Those weekly rewards are sooooo much better than monthlies.

So you can literally now play when you wanna play and do what you wanna do

At last :)
  • SocratesMe
    Gold 3: 30k Coins, 2 Mega Packs, 1 50k Pack, 2 Player Pick (Reds) Packs. Requires 14 wins.

For the player pick, does that mean you get 2 chances at a choice of 5? Or a choice of 2 in like a 2 player pack?
  • dopetothemax
    SocratesMe wrote: »
    Gold 3: 30k Coins, 2 Mega Packs, 1 50k Pack, 2 Player Pick (Reds) Packs. Requires 14 wins.

For the player pick, does that mean you get 2 chances at a choice of 5? Or a choice of 2 in like a 2 player pack?

2 packs that are a choice of 5 players in each one
  • '96dc2
    9009 posts League Winner
    Be a lot of duplicate players in the packs. But still much better than last years rewards. Monthly was a grind!
  • jdros
    2536 posts Fans' Favourite
    The weeklies replacing monthlies and the ability to choose your week to play are the parts I’m most interested in. I didn’t even attempt to play all the matches once last year and most weeks just played 5 matches to get a couple of packs and coins. Never finished higher than silver monthly because I just decided not to commit to playing more matches, despite playing in every weekend league.

I can probably cherry pick a few weeks to play 30 matches (or at least 20+). Great change for a person like me.
  • WFCBagnall
    69073 posts Moderator
    :)
  • SocratesMe
    jdros wrote: »
    The weeklies replacing monthlies and the ability to choose your week to play are the parts I’m most interested in. I didn’t even attempt to play all the matches once last year and most weeks just played 5 matches to get a couple of packs and coins. Never finished higher than silver monthly because I just decided not to commit to playing more matches, despite playing in every weekend league.

I can probably cherry pick a few weeks to play 30 matches (or at least 20+). Great change for a person like me.

Same for me. Once last year I played near on 160 games to get Gold and got absolute rubbish reds. At least this way if I have a quiet weekend I can get a couple.
  • Dan is Clutch
    24261 posts Club Captain
    Really looking forward to my first pick of 81 rated terrible cards. :smirk:
  • M98H
    12665 posts Has That Special Something
    Wonder how they’ll do the new monthly rewards as weekly
  • Skittles67
    563 posts An Exciting Prospect
    M98H wrote: »
    Wonder how they’ll do the new monthly rewards as weekly

As player picks like they said