The Weekend League Thread *Eddie the 🐐

Comments

• Primal
    4289 posts National Call-Up
    im not playing this trash anymore , probably wont go on here to avoid the temptation, this games broken
  • WildaF3niX
    2064 posts Fans' Favourite
    Primal wrote: »
    im not playing this trash anymore , probably wont go on here to avoid the temptation, this games broken

Yes, it is
  • Cadey 5
    10338 posts Has That Special Something
    That was fun
    14-1 think sweet won’t take me too long to get my 100k for TOTS:

Go to 17-10 :(
  • Maverick
    4738 posts National Call-Up
    17. That'll do.
  • Horizonvapor
    556 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Ended on 25... needed to win my last two for my first ever elite 1 finish. Oh well, try again next week. Input delay was brutal in a few games.
  • LeonidasJB
    15027 posts World Class
    I am facing OP sweaty trashbag after OP sweaty trashbag.
    Just need 2 more wins.
    Non stop, pace, form change, constant 100 mile hr press, spamming ****.
    I even had 1 bloke message me complaining my defence was too deep, because his 4 90+ she couldn't get in behind!
  • LeonidasJB
    15027 posts World Class
    edited March 25
    If I ever stop playing FUT it will be because of Aubameyang!
  • GL
    5899 posts Big Money Move

See you next weekend
  • RBailss
    11638 posts Has That Special Something
    I really struggled this week for some reason, played some very good players but also lost some games I would usually cruise. Stopped at 17.
  • Daveofwales01
    8294 posts League Winner
    Best way to upgrade my team, toty Ramos, carniball neymar and prime Socrates or 90 gullit, carniball neymar and persist with FB luiz at CB until I save some more? Thanks

Anyone?
  • Littleland95
    16565 posts Moderator
    Best way to upgrade my team, toty Ramos, carniball neymar and prime Socrates or 90 gullit, carniball neymar and persist with FB luiz at CB until I save some more? Thanks

Anyone?

Gullit for me.
  • LeonidasJB
    15027 posts World Class
    RBailss wrote: »
    I really struggled this week for some reason, played some very good players but also lost some games I would usually cruise. Stopped at 17.

I was the same.
    I usually get to 14 no problem at all.
    I usually finish on like 14-6 or 17-8 something like that.
    At 12-5, I lost 8 in a row.
    Then I finally got win 14 to finish on 14-15.
    I have never had a WL finish that bad before.
  • Scutch
    9915 posts Has That Special Something

See you on the battlefield, soldier.

Mate, you're getting 26-4 or Elite scores every week and you think it's broken. Think how it is for the rest of us :lol:

My friendlies record is something like 9 defeats in 100 games. As soon as I go on WL or even Rivals, the gameplay issues are evident. It's so frustrating, and quite frankly embarrassing because it looks like I'm completely inept at the game sometimes. Just have to remind myself it's not real life and ultimately it doesn't matter one jot if I win or lose.
  • Pugzilla
    15445 posts World Class
    Got back to Gold 1 after a month or so of gold 2.

80% of my losses are in heavy delay to people that have their games in Spanish. Are they from Mexico? Don’t know. All I know is I get 4 bars with everyone but the difference between 4 bar games can be massive.
  • Currieman
    4918 posts National Call-Up
    I finished 21-9 again. Same as last week. I should’ve been 24-6 but I lost 3 games that were literally an absolute joke.

Just so frustrating to keep missing Elite due to stupid ridiculous goals.

For some reason I seem to play better against players who are on my level or better but when I play against somewhere who I know is worse than me the game seems to handicap me and do everything possible to help them win. Roll on next week when jvebhopefully finished Desailly.
  • Scutch
    Currieman wrote: »
    I finished 21-9 again. Same as last week. I should’ve been 24-6 but I lost 3 games that were literally an absolute joke.

For some reason I seem to play better against players who are on my level or better but when I play against somewhere who I know is worse than me the game seems to handicap me and do everything possible to help them win. Roll on next week when jvebhopefully finished Desailly.

Exactly the same mate. I think once you're on a consistent level, that's where you'll continue to finish week in, week out. No idea why. I also play better against teams packed with Icons or higher rated players. If I face a team of normal gold rares, I know I'm in for a kicking - irrespective of whether the guy is good or bad (coincidentally I was battered yesterday by a Premier League team in which NIF Eriksen scored 4 past me).
  • Joestoe
    4235 posts National Call-Up
    E3 this weekend. Gameplay was horrific compared to last weekend. Did play with loan Matthaus and KdB at CDM and the two are monsters. Almost finished completing Matthaus SBC now as he was so impressive. Whenever my opponent is using drop back, I can now fire missles with both my CDM's, giving me more possibilities to break them down. After being G1 the first half of the cycle, I have now finished E3+ for the last 1,5 month.

Gimme smooth gameplay now!
  • MarkFromNorwich
    2005 posts Fans' Favourite
    Coutinho is pretty good defensively. His agility helps a lot in delayed gameplay.
  • Skinner249
    387 posts Sunday League Hero
    Coutinho is pretty good defensively. His agility helps a lot in delayed gameplay.

Best CDM I've played this year is POTM Hazard, because he was so quick and agile he intercepted everything within a 20 yard radius. Much more effective than making a clean tackle with Vieira.
  • Scutch
    Skinner249 wrote: »

Best CDM I've played this year is POTM Hazard, because he was so quick and agile he intercepted everything within a 20 yard radius. Much more effective than making a clean tackle with Vieira.

This is why a lot of folk use TOTY De Bruyne as a CDM.
  • Joestoe
    Scutch wrote: »
    Skinner249 wrote: »

This is why a lot of folk use TOTY De Bruyne as a CDM.

Best CDM I've used. Also love his playmaking abilities a bit further down the pitch. Like Frenkie de Jong at Ajax, every single attack starts there.
  • killer xavi
    2174 posts Fans' Favourite
    Best attackers for a 4231? Your opinions? Been gone for like 2 months
  • LeonidasJB
    15027 posts World Class

Budget?
  • killer xavi
    2174 posts Fans' Favourite
    LeonidasJB wrote: »

Budget?
    My bad, 3.5m is what I got to work with
  • Campino
    26687 posts Player of the Year
    I wish this game was good
  • GL
    5899 posts Big Money Move
    Campino wrote: »

D2XPsWzXgAAfNId.jpg

But it’s the best football game potentially of all time?
  • Campino
    26687 posts Player of the Year
    GL wrote: »
    Campino wrote: »

D2XPsWzXgAAfNId.jpg

But it’s the best football game potentially of all time?

It’s utterly tragic, good job I like sbc’s
  • Sjaban
    545 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Scutch wrote: »
    Currieman wrote: »

Exactly the same mate. I think once you're on a consistent level, that's where you'll continue to finish week in, week out. No idea why. I also play better against teams packed with Icons or higher rated players. If I face a team of normal gold rares, I know I'm in for a kicking - irrespective of whether the guy is good or bad (coincidentally I was battered yesterday by a Premier League team in which NIF Eriksen scored 4 past me).

Agree. I ende 22-8 and some of my losses are against NIF teams where everything i do is so inresponsiv. Makes me look like an **** and noob when I got a solid team losing to those kind of players. And usually they are T even that good its just so stupid hard when you see their players movement and passes are so Quick and then my cr7/Eusebio controlling the ball and turning like a semi truck
  • Joestoe
    Is there anyone who's still trying to consistently improve their results, and tries to play the WL as much as possible? Wondering because I am. Know it's foolish but for me, although the gameplay is horrible, I get the most fun out of consistently trying to improve my game and results.
  • Littleland95
    16565 posts Moderator
    Joestoe wrote: »
    Is there anyone who's still trying to consistently improve their results, and tries to play the WL as much as possible? Wondering because I am. Know it's foolish but for me, although the gameplay is horrible, I get the most fun out of consistently trying to improve my game and results.

You're not alone. :)