The Weekend League Thread *Eddie the 🐐

Comments

• Andybelfast
    10957 posts Has That Special Something
    Another morning of diabolical game play. Lunges, balls just bouncing off players receiving 2mph passes.

Somehow winning, but winning shouldn't be so be so stressful.

Need a shower to clean the fifa filth off me.

Yup can't build anything up in attack players randomly lunging for the ball and the under powered passing
  • vibemix881
    2782 posts Fans' Favourite
    GS13 wrote: »
    6-2 but really should be 7-1. Got beat 5-4 all by timed shot from outside the box :D

People who cant string 3 passes together can still score 4 or 5 goals a games shows how broken gameplay is and inept EA are at actually producing a semi realistic game of football.

The end is near for Fifa.

Should be better after the patch.
  • GS13
    226 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    vibemix881 wrote: »
    GS13 wrote: »
    6-2 but really should be 7-1. Got beat 5-4 all by timed shot from outside the box :D

People who cant string 3 passes together can still score 4 or 5 goals a games shows how broken gameplay is and inept EA are at actually producing a semi realistic game of football.

The end is near for Fifa.

Should be better after the patch.

Timed finishing will still exist and will stay be the way to score
  • To fix the Home Games Only issue all they need to do is make players always play alternative games Home and Away.

E.g. If you play home game one, then you play away game two. Odds at home and Even games away.

Easy.
  • '96dc2
    9026 posts League Winner
    G1secured with a game left, done...
  • DarthGrowler
    15171 posts World Class
    Tavman180 wrote: »
    To fix the Home Games Only issue all they need to do is make players always play alternative games Home and Away.

E.g. If you play home game one, then you play away game two. Odds at home and Even games away.

Easy.

You could be playing on Mars when the games like it is now and still have no hope
  • Smudge
    4655 posts National Call-Up
    Just a reminder that FIFA esports is an absolute joke. There's a very select few pros who go through the bracket on a regular basis, otherwise it's a case of whoever's won the lottery that day
  • Xtrem3 Poptarts
    6877 posts Big Money Move
    2s5l9i.jpg
  • Moe_Szyslak
    253 posts Sunday League Hero
    Taking a break at 8-0 as my players in the last couple of games have felt really heavy. Last game my opponent was all over me and I somehow managed to win 2-1 with two just shots all game. I had the reverse of that last weekend so I feel for the guy. :#

First time using DDG this WL and he’s really impressed so far.
  • M98H
    13207 posts Has That Special Something
    edited January 27
    So why is it 2 mins added on, at the half way line in the 93rd, I end up conceding in the 94th?
    And this patch isn’t going to make the game any better.

People praising timed finesse being nerfed are going to be a little suprised at how noticeable the OP AI is going to be. So not only are we unable to score from outside the box, we also can’t break people down without the CPU bailing people out? The end of 19 is near for me.
  • '96dc2
    9026 posts League Winner
    M98H wrote: »
    So why is it 2 mins added on, at the half way line in the 93rd, I end up conceding in the 94th?

People praising timed finesse being nerfed are going to be a little suprised at how noticeable the OP AI is going to be. So not only are we unable to score from outside the box, we also can’t break people down without the CPU bailing people out? The end of 19 is near for me.

BuTfIFa19IsGoOd
  • Primal
    4840 posts National Call-Up
    edited January 27
    M98H wrote: »

Think I'm leaving it when the patch hits. It's not just the ai defence being OP, the gks save alot of 1v1s so when you do bust your balls breaking them down it just gets saved.
  • Arsenalfan97
    7775 posts League Winner
    15-5> 17-8.

Good players +plus ronaldo+ plus simply awful gameplay is a terrible combo. Not sure whether I should take a break and play the last 5 in a hour or so or wait till tomorrow.
  • GL
    7508 posts League Winner
    Consistently been Elite this year, worked my way up to a nice team. Unfortunately now I don't play past 14 wins because I don't enjoy the gameplay. We will see how it is after the upcoming patch. Enjoying the extra free time on the weekends however :)
  • hjdjydyufu
    8844 posts League Winner
    hjdjydyufu wrote: »
    hoban95 wrote: »
    Are you playing these losses in a row? I'd take a break between some of them. Calm down and regroup. If you got the time ofc, as i know from personal experience not everyone has the time to take breaks in between games.

I have to cram games in bc i have games over the weekend most times.

I'm more upset over me playing so many elite or higher players @hoban95

It makes no sense to me

If you dont play more skilled players you will never improve.

I know. That's what my Dad says. You got to play vs older better kids to be better @Sixtechburner but I feel like Im getting better. I score in multiple ways...skill better...play defense better. But losing to guys much better. At least give me a few opponents on my level.

Wouldnt believe all the response you get either. Maybe they hit 1x e2 but g1 on average but they call themselves a e2 player. Dont focus so much on your opponent. Everybody improves, atleast the regulars, so you have to improve even more to get up a rank.
    If you want 20+ you have to master timed finesse, also first time. You need a few simple trick like drag back, heel to heel. Defend 1st post corners, read opponents finesse possibilities to block and/or move gk. You also have to think. If Salah has the ball you only need to cover his left foot, if KdB has it you have to close him in asap, if kante has it dont bother about kante but block the passing lane to someone who can finesse. And be patiënt, in offense and defense.

@Pauldejong6

I've figured out and used timed finesse pretty good now. Really good. Never done a first time finesse. The skills I do best are the spin drag back and I'm learning the whatever LB plus right stick up and to the side is.

I guess I need to learn heel to heel.

I don't give up barely any headers. I dont think anyone has scored a header in 18 WL games. I've only given up a few timed finesses too as I'm getting good a defended.

The goals I give up rebounds ALOT. I give up some counters too. That's basically it.

I lose alot of close games too. I dont know what else to do.

Was hoping you saw this and could give me some feedback @Pauldejong6
  • hjdjydyufu
    8844 posts League Winner
    '96dc2 wrote: »
    G1secured with a game left, done...

Way to go!!! I wish I could get there
  • FrankFrank
    2316 posts Fans' Favourite
    2s5l9i.jpg

Many pro / elite level players are only playing home games to avoid matching up with each other.

If you're the first one entering the game after searching you'll be playing home. And most likely avoid an elite level player.
  • Blarix
    20845 posts Club Captain
    edited January 27
    FrankFrank wrote: »
    2s5l9i.jpg

Many pro / elite level players are only playing home games to avoid matching up with each other.

If you're the first one entering the game after searching you'll be playing home. And most likely avoid an elite level player.

Reality is coming up against a top 100 is very very slim. 90% of the ones that avoid away games are not even good. I played 13 games away so far and beat them all.
  • hjdjydyufu
    8844 posts League Winner
    Sorry guys for this long post. Dont hate me but I'm really triggered. Please help me bc I dont understand this game.

I'm struggling to get Gold 1. I've been Gold 2 forever it seems. 8 plus weeks in a row. I've got 19 wins 4 times and lost the last 1 to get Gold 1 3 of those.

I started 8-2 and now Im 12-6. Sucks but this sucks more...

I've messaged all my opponents.

First 10 or when I'm 8-2
    1 elite
    7x gold 1
    1 gold 3
    1 didnt answer

Next 8:
    2x elite 2
    5x elite 3
    Gold1

What the fried pickles!!!! I'm not that good so why does it match me up with players so much better than me.

The last game was vs an elite 2 guy who had all legends and TOTYs. TOTY cr7 scored 9 goals and I'm want to quit Fifa now. Please help me understand.

Got back from soccer and I'm going to try this again.

I'll keep messaging my opponents to see there average rank.
  • Xtrem3 Poptarts
    FrankFrank wrote: »
    2s5l9i.jpg

My man Frank!!

I just search and play, finding a game is annoying enough
  • Sm0key_J0e
    437 posts Sunday League Hero
    WL is clearly scripted in advance. Every week is the same for me. In the first 6 matches I alway lose 4 or 5. Then I win a few. After that, my opponent usually win on penalties (2 or 3 matches in a row) then I win some again followed by catastrophic gameplay.

Despite about 10 totally unplayable games, I always end up the same, G3 or G2. Every week.

I just met a guy who literally had players with 120 fitness. Whenever he came close to my goal, my CBs stopped moving literally. His CBs were faster than my 88 Jordi Alba with full fitness.

He made 5 goals quickly with 5 shots on goal when I stopped trying.

This was clearly a PC hacker (they are now playing against Xbox players on crossplatform due to lack of players on PC only).

This game is a peas of sheet.
  • Carswell
    8271 posts League Winner
    Are you playing these losses in a row? I'd take a break between some of them. Calm down and regroup. If you got the time ofc, as i know from personal experience not everyone has the time to take breaks in between games.

It makes no sense to me

I know. That's what my Dad says. You got to play vs older better kids to be better @Sixtechburner but I feel like Im getting better. I score in multiple ways...skill better...play defense better. But losing to guys much better. At least give me a few opponents on my level.

Wouldnt believe all the response you get either. Maybe they hit 1x e2 but g1 on average but they call themselves a e2 player. Dont focus so much on your opponent. Everybody improves, atleast the regulars, so you have to improve even more to get up a rank.
    If you want 20+ you have to master timed finesse, also first time. You need a few simple trick like drag back, heel to heel. Defend 1st post corners, read opponents finesse possibilities to block and/or move gk. You also have to think. If Salah has the ball you only need to cover his left foot, if KdB has it you have to close him in asap, if kante has it dont bother about kante but block the passing lane to someone who can finesse. And be patiënt, in offense and defense.

@Pauldejong6

I've figured out and used timed finesse pretty good now. Really good. Never done a first time finesse. The skills I do best are the spin drag back and I'm learning the whatever LB plus right stick up and to the side is.

I don't give up barely any headers. I dont think anyone has scored a header in 18 WL games. I've only given up a few timed finesses too as I'm getting good a defended.

The goals I give up rebounds ALOT. I give up some counters too. That's basically it.

Question not directed at me but heel to heel is such a good move. I’ve mastered a few of the basic skills that Paul was talking about and when the situation calls they never let me down.

Heel to heel
    Dragbacks
    Roulette (soooooo good)
    Body feint
    Modified fake shot (LB+X Then A)
    Berba spin only in certain situations
  • Xtrem3 Poptarts
    Carswell wrote: »

It makes no sense to me

@Pauldejong6

Question not directed at me but heel to heel is such a good move. I’ve mastered a few of the basic skills that Paul was talking about and when the situation calls they never let me down.

Heel to heel
    Dragbacks
    Roulette (soooooo good)
    Body feint

How you could forget a simple ball roll is beyond me, but maybe that’s why you haven’t hit elite yet this year
  • Carswell
    8271 posts League Winner
    Carswell wrote: »

It makes no sense to me

@Pauldejong6

Heel to heel
    Dragbacks
    Roulette (soooooo good)
    Body feint

How you could forget a simple ball roll is beyond me, but maybe that’s why you haven’t hit elite yet this year

Well played sir

giphy.gif
  • sturges12345
    3218 posts National Call-Up
    Kick off is so overpowered. 4 kick off goals in this match in 15 mins
  • Andy99TradeZ
    14466 posts Has That Special Something
    Heel to heel that effective?
  • Carswell
    8271 posts League Winner

Earns me a lot of penalties 🤣
  • holdenwait
    58155 posts National Treasure

very
  • Shaanxz
    20741 posts Club Captain
    11-1 so far, toty mbappe killed me big time
  • '96dc2
    9026 posts League Winner
    Played my last game because why not, won 3-2 to finish on 21 wins. Hope it didn’t ruin someone run at elite 😅