The Ligue 1 POTM SBC has temporarily taken down & will return at a later time, updates to follow today PST on this FIFA Direct twitter thread. Forum thread discussing the issue is here.

The Weekend League Thread *Eddie the 🐐

Comments

• '96dc2
    9026 posts League Winner
    MisterJV wrote: »
    How many wins would I get with a full silver team with Gullit & Ronaldo on the team ? So bored of the game

Same as u normally get
  • Alexrb89
    3455 posts National Call-Up
    Is the game unplayable for anyone else tonight? Need the last point for WL qualification and it’s so bad...
  • Blarix
    20845 posts Club Captain
    Alexrb89 wrote: »
    Is the game unplayable for anyone else tonight? Need the last point for WL qualification and it’s so bad...

• Muzza11
    8979 posts League Winner
    Is it me or is Rivals too fast compared to WL sometimes.
  • Andy99TradeZ
    14698 posts Has That Special Something
    Muzza11 wrote: »
    Is it me or is Rivals too fast compared to WL sometimes.

pretty much every rivals game now has over 8 goals minimum :D

hope it continues into champs its proper fun
  • Finesse_4days
    8514 posts League Winner
    Anyone else heard about this El tornado meta? Where you run down the wing pull off an El Tornado and back post cross it from a certain position /angle. It sounds broken AF, I have just heard about it now in a pod cast by Inception. **** like this that Pros like Hash tag Harry spread is like a virus to the game , the game is unrealistic beyond belief now and even fun cards like Ibra make Rivals full of **** when you are playing sweat bags playing Ibra as a LW and putting in 100 LB back post crosses with Lozano.
  • Andy99TradeZ
    ^

D2 and d3 I don't think anyones ever even tried an el tornado on me all year
  • Muzza11
    8979 posts League Winner
    ^

D2 and d3 I don't think anyones ever even tried an el tornado on me all year

Try playing gorilla :lol:
  • xciljw
    5027 posts Big Money Move
    Anyone else heard about this El tornado meta? Where you run down the wing pull off an El Tornado and back post cross it from a certain position /angle. It sounds broken AF, I have just heard about it now in a pod cast by Inception. **** like this that Pros like Hash tag Harry spread is like a virus to the game , the game is unrealistic beyond belief now and even fun cards like Ibra make Rivals full of **** when you are playing sweat bags playing Ibra as a LW and putting in 100 LB back post crosses with Lozano.

I tried El Tornado crossing in like the second week of the game and figured it always ended up at my player, quite often ending up as a goal. Have not really used it since November though, but it is a thing for sure.
  • EddieFicio
    22121 posts Club Captain
    Yeah in the qualifier theres tons of that
  • Tof33z
    7042 posts Big Money Move
    edited January 2019
    Was hoarding some coins for the new promo then said **** it, sold Raul and got Best.

Holy crap is all I can say. He's ridiculous

Ten games is early, I know this reaction is typical with a new player, but honestly not to this degree

Him and Tevez and ibra is probably the most fun I've ever had in a fifa
  • Keano
    14863 posts Has That Special Something
    Don't have any of the players who can do it so wouldn't know.... do have Ibra & Poigba who are 5* & they do the spin & then flick in the air for the volley though, that is pretty OP if you can set it up right.
  • Muzza11
    8979 posts League Winner
    Keano wrote: »
    Don't have any of the players who can do it so wouldn't know.... do have Ibra & Poigba who are 5* & they do the spin & then flick in the air for the volley though, that is pretty OP if you can set it up right.

Any 5* skiller can do it lad.
  • Keano
    14863 posts Has That Special Something
    Muzza11 wrote: »
    Keano wrote: »

Any 5* skiller can do it lad.

What the El Tornado?? Oh thats what I'm doing then (i thought it was weird it was the same controls as what i ddi & looked similar).
  • Blarix
    20845 posts Club Captain
    Dribbling is pointless with this OP a.i defense. Barely can break someone down. Patch 5 you could carve them open.

Really frustrating.
  • GeTRiGhT
    9491 posts League Winner
    GL this weekend guys!
  • Tof33z
    7042 posts Big Money Move
    Blarix wrote: »
    Dribbling is pointless with this OP a.i defense. Barely can break someone down. Patch 5 you could carve them open.

Really frustrating.

Fake shot, simple but still effective vs ai. Other dribbling not so much, like you say. They just barrel right through you
  • Joestoe
    5860 posts Big Money Move
    edited January 2019
    Blarix wrote: »

Really frustrating.

But it won't. Imagine the upset it would cause with the casual gamers when defending would become much harder in the middle of the games cycle.

I agree with you that it should be nerved, but they'll probably do nothing about it. Remember FIFA 18 before the first patch? An absolute goal fest because people didn't know how to defend and started whining until EA made AI defence so OP. I miss those days.
  • Campino
    27845 posts Player of the Year
    No more than 14 this weekend, possibly even 11

I seriously CBA but a couple of nice packs wouldn’t go amiss for Thursday
  • Andy99TradeZ
    1st game. Drawing 2-2 in110th min then they dc. Waste of time :|
  • Arsenalfan97
    7824 posts League Winner
    Started 1-1 just lost a tight game 4-3 where every single goal including my own was pure bs. Gameplay doesn’t feel great either players taking extra touches and taking too long to too what I’m pressing
  • Joestoe
    5860 posts Big Money Move
    5-0 now. 5 RQ's. Not because I'm playing great, but because my team intimidates opponents, so when they go 2-0 down, they immediately leave. TOTY KdB is tearing it up though.
  • Moiizer
    7978 posts League Winner
    7-0 currently. Quite impressed with Baresi so far.
  • hrv97
    3548 posts National Call-Up
    Winning against elite and losing against silver1 players. Game has never been more random
  • Andy99TradeZ
    Pens are so bad. Don't register the change in direction half the time
  • Arsenalfan97
    7824 posts League Winner
    2-3 my worst start terrible gameplay doesn’t help but 2 of those losses I’ve dominated and the other guy scores every shot he gets.
  • YOLOT0URE
    7089 posts Big Money Move
    Only second WL ever. Love my team atm and off the weekend so will get chance to get a few done. Just started 2-0. Literally love using this team atm :lol: even when I lose I find I’m still ‘in’ games
  • Koolfashion
    2693 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited January 2019
    2-3 my worst start terrible gameplay doesn’t help but 2 of those losses I’ve dominated and the other guy scores every shot he gets.

So you didnt dominate that games..
  • Campino
    27845 posts Player of the Year

So you didnt dominate that games..

Errrr :|
  • M98H
    13465 posts Has That Special Something
    Moiizer wrote: »
    7-0 currently. Quite impressed with Baresi so far.

Does he not hit the bar? @Moiizer
    :trollface: