The Weekend League Thread *Eddie the 🐐

Comments

• Pikachu
    8814 posts League Winner
    WildaF3niX wrote: »
    f80ffd16f159ae99a105fa098dfcde48.jpg

team for the chill weekend

Impressive team considering you don’t like the game.
  • hjdjydyufu
    8777 posts League Winner
    Chubbs wrote: »
    hjdjydyufu wrote: »
    '96dc2 wrote: »
    Need to get over the Gold 2 wall.

I've learned to use spin and fake shots well. What other skills are the most effective that could improve my game?

Any other suggestions to help get to Gold 1 or above?

Control GK and Timed Finesse. (Unfortunately).

Thanks! Yea I dont have the confidence to move the GK. I'll keep working on timed finesse...I cant seem to get the timing down. @Littleland95

I’m g1 3 weeks in a row, I don’t skill at all. Just timed finesse and moving keeper is all you need. Don’t know why I waited so long to use them.

Any tips to improve at timed finesse? I cant tell whether Im hitting the second button to slow to too fast

Red is to fast, white is to slow. Press then tap just as your players foot is about to hit the ball. Even yellow will go in

Okay. I hit a few yellow with CR7 and Ibra in the WL. I usually get Red so thats good to know its too soon. Ive never gotten a white...lol.

Play with the feedback meter on in squad battles and just spam them all game.

Sorry to be dumb but what's the feedback meter?
  • Muzza11
    8706 posts League Winner
    edited January 16
    So just trying new tactics for that push to E1/T100, I have my CDM’s on Cover Wing, what am I doing lol. Any tactics advice?. @EddieFicio @M98H @Primal @BaseCamp @UK_Cam @xciljw. Sorry if I didn’t tag any of those E1/T100 players, please roast me if I forgot. :wink:. Any advice will be appreciated going ahead with this WL.
  • Muzza11
    8706 posts League Winner

I've learned to use spin and fake shots well. What other skills are the most effective that could improve my game?

Thanks! Yea I dont have the confidence to move the GK. I'll keep working on timed finesse...I cant seem to get the timing down. @Littleland95

I’m g1 3 weeks in a row, I don’t skill at all. Just timed finesse and moving keeper is all you need. Don’t know why I waited so long to use them.

Any tips to improve at timed finesse? I cant tell whether Im hitting the second button to slow to too fast

Red is to fast, white is to slow. Press then tap just as your players foot is about to hit the ball. Even yellow will go in

Okay. I hit a few yellow with CR7 and Ibra in the WL. I usually get Red so thats good to know its too soon. Ive never gotten a white...lol.

Advanced shooting skill challenge will improve your green timed shots.
  • hjdjydyufu
    8777 posts League Winner
    Muzza11 wrote: »

I've got like 10 or so green ones in my last games. Geeez this is so OP.
  • BaseCamp
    975 posts Semi-Pro
    So just trying new tactics for that push to E1/T100, I have my CDM’s on Cover Wing, what am I doing lol. Any tactics advice?. @EddieFicio @M98H @Primal @BaseCamp @UK_Cam @xciljw. Sorry if I didn’t tag any of those E1/T100 players, please roast me if I forgot. :wink:. Any advice will be appreciated going ahead with this WL.

i dont use cdms. I play 442 flat. My CMs are stay back while attacking and cover center. lm/rm i dont touch. strikers get in behind / stay forward. lb / rb stay back.
  • Blarix
    20845 posts Club Captain

Is ok you can tag me next time. Cover centre is more important than wings.
  • Benn
    392 posts Sunday League Hero
    Keen to qualify for the next weekends WL

Wanna see where I end up after not playing a full WL since early FIFA 18 lol
  • Muzza11
    8706 posts League Winner
    Benn wrote: »

Remember the days you smashed it? T100 quite a few times. :)
  • Benn
    392 posts Sunday League Hero
    Benn wrote: »

Remember the days you smashed it? T100 quite a few times. :)
    Yeah haha, FIFA 17, the good days

Just fell out of love with the game the past 2 years, hopefully, FIFA 20 will be the one!
  • Campino
    27493 posts Player of the Year

It’s a gimmick, nothing more, nothing less. You can be absolutely god awful at the game yet master that one thing and it can bail you out with any player from any angle.

I literally despise it
  • Primal
    4826 posts National Call-Up
    edited January 16
    @muzza11, GL with top 100, what team you rocking?, I'm trying to scramble a team together for Friday.
  • M98H
    13179 posts Has That Special Something

CDMs have to be cover center imo.
    I’m experimenting myself tbh, finding low width defence for 41212 and high width for 4231 is working well.
  • Primal
    M98H wrote: »

I’m experimenting myself tbh, finding low width defence for 41212 and high width for 4231 is working well.

defo cover centre. I also have one on man mark and the other on cover passing lanes , don't think it makes much of a difference.
  • Primal
    new teams doing bits. wish I had enough for toty mbappe his nifs imense as it is. Blancs amazing at cb aswell.
  • Muzza11
    8706 posts League Winner
    Primal wrote: »
    @muzza11, GL with top 100, what team you rocking?, I'm trying to scramble a team together for Friday.

Thanks man, I’m rocking this team

3588-BE38-8722-46-C2-A67-A-980069-EEE9-C7.jpg
  • Primal

holy **** lol GL, hope I don't come up against that. :#:#
  • maymanpele
    14389 posts Has That Special Something
    Started 6-1 today. Shooting for elite
  • Muzza11
    8706 posts League Winner
    M98H wrote: »

I copied Tekkz tactics, I need some new ones lol.
  • hoban95
    49750 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Just played the 700th game with my NIF Varane. :s
  • Muzza11
    8706 posts League Winner
    maymanpele wrote: »

Its Tuesday mate? Which WL are you playing?
  • Muzza11
    8706 posts League Winner

holy **** lol GL, hope I don't come up against that. :#:#

You will destroy me, I struggle this Fifa. I lose concentration so easily lol. Playing Gorilla my head was fried, 100 scoop turns, Waka waka, flip flap,Cha cha Real smooth.

He was so hard to defend.
  • maymanpele
    14389 posts Has That Special Something
    maymanpele wrote: »

Its Tuesday mate? Which WL are you playing?
    Tuesday?

Darn it, just realized I've been playing division rivals. I hate it when that happens.
  • Blarix
    20845 posts Club Captain
    Campino wrote: »

It’s a gimmick, nothing more, nothing less. You can be absolutely god awful at the game yet master that one thing and it can bail you out with any player from any angle.

I literally despise it

• Edu
    6759 posts Big Money Move
    I see some great teams here people use Raul cdm , kante striker.
    Players out of position should have their performance affected.
  • hjdjydyufu
    8777 posts League Winner
    Campino wrote: »

I literally despise it

I despise it too and hate coming up against it. But I also like to win so...
  • xciljw
    5024 posts Big Money Move
    @Muzza11
    What formation are you rocking? Can share my tactics for that specific formation with you if you want. Just saw the team, looking absolutely beautiful. Do not dare to match me on the weekend.
  • Muzza11
    8706 posts League Winner
    xciljw wrote: »
    @Muzza11
    What formation are you rocking? Can share my tactics for that specific formation with you if you want. Just saw the team, looking absolutely beautiful. Do not dare to match me on the weekend.

Thanks man, I copied Tekkz for now. My Defending tact’s is 4231 and my attacking is 41212 (2). I’m pretty much balanced on all styles except Ultra attack. I have them both on Balanced, attacking and defensive. Is there anything different you do? Thanks
  • xciljw
    5024 posts Big Money Move
    @Muzza11

Thanks man, I copied Tekkz for now. My Defending tact’s is 4231 and my attacking is 41212 (2). I’m pretty much balanced on all styles except Ultra attack. I have them both on Balanced, attacking and defensive. Is there anything different you do? Thanks

I actually do the same thing. Fall back defending tactic, balanced attack. In ultra attack a 424 with constant pressure and quick-build up.
  • Muzza11
    8706 posts League Winner
    @Muzza11

I actually do the same thing. Fall back defending tactic, balanced attack. In ultra attack a 424 with constant pressure and quick-build up.

How do you play against ppl that pass constantly? I’m so used to rushing playing out to pressure, it’s not working this year though.