The Weekend League Thread *Eddie the 🐐

Comments

  • Orison
    45306 posts FIFA Cover Star
    edited September 2018
    mjs4p wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »
    mjs4p wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »
    FknPitsy wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »
    FknPitsy wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »
    Skittles67 wrote: »
    Nep thinks it could be 32 which makes more sense

    Proper pointless change then. If you got easy matchmaking you can get through 8 games in an hour on a Sunday evening.

    As I said either you commit or you don't, but 32 is as unreachable for every casual as is 40 and that point it doesn't matter anymore imo.

    I disagree. The difference between 30 and 40 isn't negligible at all. For me personally, it's the difference between me finishing all my games and not.

    I get where you're coming from, but 10 games is quite a bit of a change for some people. You can't just say "you're in, or you're not". That's not really a valid point. Why not just make it 50 then and you just have to commit?

    I think 30 would suit a lot more players than it wouldn't. Even a majority of pros were saying that 40 is too much. They've been saying it for 2 years now.

    Wait so you are able to finish 30/32 games, but you aren't able to finish 40? That's a bit difficult to believe tbh. 32 games is still 8-10 hours atleast. If you got the time on your hand and are commited enough to actually play 32 games of Fifa in a 3 day period then you would also have the time to play 40 :D

    The problem isn't that 40 is too much, the problem is that it's the wrong set-up. Win totals and you not being able to recover a loss is just wrong for a competitive set-up.

    I'm sure 10 games of WL would suit even more people than 30 games, but it simply doesn't make sense in a competitive mode. How do you wanna differentiate 50 people who all won 30/30 games? Based on skill points that never got explained? If they go for the 30 games then WL is dead as their "eSports" game mode and they can shift all of that over to div 1 of rivals which will then have an ELO based matchmaking :D

    I'm personally not bothered by the top 0.1% of players and how they qualify for the e-sports championships and such. I'm talking about your regular player.

    Mate, nearly every weekend league I competed in, I played about 30 games before I had to stop. I'm not saying it's the same for everyone, but I'm telling you, I had time to play 30, but not 40. Don't know what else to tell you, but it's the truth haha.

    The problem is that neither 30 or 40 games is suited to your "regular player".

    70% of people or so couldn't even qualify normally (not talking about EA handing out qualification for everyone) for WL in 17 as far as I know (like not even once), of those 30% who could there is a very small margin playing every week and out of those an even smaller margin completing all games.

    WL is a mode suited to that 0.1% of players and 32 or 40 games will hardly change that, all it will do is making it worse for the pros while still remaining to be unreachable for the casuals.

    But it’s not though. The majority of WL players are not pros, they are playing for rewards because the rewards are better than other game modes. As you have said, a ladder system is more appropriate to determine who qualifies for competitive events.

    @mjs4p uhm if you ever completed 40 games and reached a decent rank you are probably part of that 0.1% club dude :joy: At 20 Million units sold even 0.1% are still 20,000 people. If you take out PC and old gen and whatever I guess you would still talk about 15,000-18,000 people and I kinda doubt that more than that reached Elite in Fifa 18.

    WL is a mode for the elite and hardcore.

    You bring up a good point; I’d love to see the numbers. I’d love to know how many people play 20+, 30+, and all 40 games during a weekend league.

    Numbers at the start must be relatively high, but even then usually the same people get Elite over and over again, it's not like there is mad fluctuation and regularly just go up from Gold 3 to Elite or so.

    My best guess based on top 100, regional top 100, futwiz and so on is that maybe ~1000 people got Elite 1 atleast once, ~3000 Elite 2 (it's a useless rank due to the rewards, most people either still have the chance to get Elite 1 or just end it at Elite 3) and then maybe 10,000-15,000 people Elite 3.

    Obviously I might be well off with those guesses, but I doubt that the numbers are much bigger than that.
  • Currieman
    4906 posts National Call-Up
    Orison wrote: »
    FknPitsy wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »
    Skittles67 wrote: »
    Nep thinks it could be 32 which makes more sense

    Proper pointless change then. If you got easy matchmaking you can get through 8 games in an hour on a Sunday evening.

    As I said either you commit or you don't, but 32 is as unreachable for every casual as is 40 and that point it doesn't matter anymore imo.

    I disagree. The difference between 30 and 40 isn't negligible at all. For me personally, it's the difference between me finishing all my games and not.

    I get where you're coming from, but 10 games is quite a bit of a change for some people. You can't just say "you're in, or you're not". That's not really a valid point. Why not just make it 50 then and you just have to commit?

    I think 30 would suit a lot more players than it wouldn't. Even a majority of pros were saying that 40 is too much. They've been saying it for 2 years now.

    Wait so you are able to finish 30/32 games, but you aren't able to finish 40? That's a bit difficult to believe tbh. 32 games is still 8-10 hours atleast. If you got the time on your hand and are commited enough to actually play 32 games of Fifa in a 3 day period then you would also have the time to play 40 :D

    The problem isn't that 40 is too much, the problem is that it's the wrong set-up. Win totals and you not being able to recover a loss is just wrong for a competitive set-up. Pros aren't just saying "40 is too much, make it less", because that would lessen their chance to qualify for events since more people could reach 30/30 than 40/40.

    I'm sure 10 games of WL would suit even more people than 30 games, but it simply doesn't make sense in a competitive mode. How do you wanna differentiate 50 people who all won 30/30 games? Based on skill points that never got explained? If they go for the 30 games then WL is dead as their "eSports" game mode and they can shift all of that over to div 1 of rivals which will then have an ELO based matchmaking :D

    10 less games a weekend would be a **** massive difference and you are mad if you think it wouldn't :lol:

    Yes it would affect the top top players and qualifying for events but that's only a very small percentage of the player base.
  • Pauldejong6
    6180 posts Big Money Move
    30 games a weekend? Im getting excited..
  • Choepiechakie
    30590 posts National Team Captain
    Imagine thinking playing 30 games is worse.

  • Orison
    45306 posts FIFA Cover Star
    That one EA producer said in an interview that it would stay at 40 games in 3 days tho.

    So that would hint at either RIP the market you suddenly got Elite 1 rewards for barely being Gold 1 standard or it would hint at a new matchmaking system so that even getting 27/40 games would be very difficult.

    We will see.
  • EddieFicio
    20087 posts Club Captain
    edited September 2018
    30 is such a weird number but I'd take it.

    I think I would prefer 32 tho, 3 losses max for elite 1 when its currently 6 seems a bit overkill for the normal player. we'll see how it pans out.
  • Primal
    4042 posts National Call-Up
    looking forward to hearing about it later. got to be 30 as i can't see how theyd do 40 games with 27 for elite 1 . it would kill the market unless they sorted matchmaking out but history steers towards them doing the bare minimum( who's still got a coin taped over their home button ) :# :# :D :D
  • Orison
    45306 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Primal wrote: »
    looking forward to hearing about it later. got to be 30 as i can't see how theyd do 40 games with 27 for elite 1 . it would kill the market unless they sorted matchmaking out but history steers towards them doing the bare minimum( who's still got a coin taped over their home button ) :# :# :D :D

    That's still a thing in 19
  • Primal
    4042 posts National Call-Up
    Orison wrote: »
    Primal wrote: »
    looking forward to hearing about it later. got to be 30 as i can't see how theyd do 40 games with 27 for elite 1 . it would kill the market unless they sorted matchmaking out but history steers towards them doing the bare minimum( who's still got a coin taped over their home button ) :# :# :D :D

    That's still a thing in 19

    i know :|
  • EddieFicio
    20087 posts Club Captain
    I never put anything over my controller. It's easy not to press the button. Come on :D
  • Orison
    45306 posts FIFA Cover Star
    EddieFicio wrote: »
    I never put anything over my controller. It's easy not to press the button. Come on :D

    I had something over it for 2 weeks and actually hit the coin once. After it fell off I never replaced it tho.
  • Skittles67
    563 posts An Exciting Prospect
    EddieFicio wrote: »
    30 is such a weird number but I'd take it.

    I think I would prefer 32 tho, 3 losses max for elite 1 when its currently 6 seems a bit overkill for the normal player. we'll see how it pans out.

  • Finesse_4days
    6146 posts Big Money Move
    edited September 2018
    Orison wrote: »
    FknPitsy wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »
    Skittles67 wrote: »
    Nep thinks it could be 32 which makes more sense

    Proper pointless change then. If you got easy matchmaking you can get through 8 games in an hour on a Sunday evening.

    As I said either you commit or you don't, but 32 is as unreachable for every casual as is 40 and that point it doesn't matter anymore imo.

    I disagree. The difference between 30 and 40 isn't negligible at all. For me personally, it's the difference between me finishing all my games and not.

    I get where you're coming from, but 10 games is quite a bit of a change for some people. You can't just say "you're in, or you're not". That's not really a valid point. Why not just make it 50 then and you just have to commit?

    I think 30 would suit a lot more players than it wouldn't. Even a majority of pros were saying that 40 is too much. They've been saying it for 2 years now.

    Wait so you are able to finish 30/32 games, but you aren't able to finish 40? That's a bit difficult to believe tbh. 32 games is still 8-10 hours atleast. If you got the time on your hand and are commited enough to actually play 32 games of Fifa in a 3 day period then you would also have the time to play 40 :D

    The problem isn't that 40 is too much, the problem is that it's the wrong set-up. Win totals and you not being able to recover a loss is just wrong for a competitive set-up. Pros aren't just saying "40 is too much, make it less", because that would lessen their chance to qualify for events since more people could reach 30/30 than 40/40.

    I'm sure 10 games of WL would suit even more people than 30 games, but it simply doesn't make sense in a competitive mode. How do you wanna differentiate 50 people who all won 30/30 games? Based on skill points that never got explained? If they go for the 30 games then WL is dead as their "eSports" game mode and they can shift all of that over to div 1 of rivals which will then have an ELO based matchmaking :D
    30 is much more manageable, you may not care as you probably get rage quits for half the games and you probably enjoy the grind but like me if you dont get many rage quits past the first 6 or 7 games then 40 games is a **** ton of time , especially factoring in time buying healing cards and applying contracts and finding games.
    For me 30 games would make a big difference and I would welcome it, but in terms of competitive gaming I agree weekend league is broken as a concept and will be more broken with 30 games . The way I would do it is there is one weekend league for elite players (but maybe with slightly less games because it would take a while to find games), and one for gold and below with elite 3 players having the choice of which one they want to play, the gold and below one would require an 75% win ration for gold 1 with the elite one having revisied rankings system to make the rewards and ranking suitable for harder games and if you perform poorly you get relegated to the gold and silver merchants league. This would mean way less people would get 40/40 or 30/30 because they wouldn't play anyone below elite level.
  • Rb10119
    1793 posts Play-Off Hero
    If its 30 im guessing the first 10/15 games wont be as easy as the last couple years as there will be alot of 30/30s
  • Skittles67
    563 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Only way it’s still 40 with those low ranks is of the matchmaking system is properly elo based and you always play someone on your level
  • Orison
    45306 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Skittles67 wrote: »
    Only way it’s still 40 with those low ranks is of the matchmaking system is properly elo based and you always play someone on your level

    Yeah, but then ELO would also need to be consistent and not get reset once a week, because otherwise you would have your "easy" first 5-10 games and then only need to win half the games against people on your level to reach Elite 1 which obviously shouldn't be the case. Seems like too much effort for EA tbh.
  • Skittles67
    563 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Orison wrote: »
    Skittles67 wrote: »
    Only way it’s still 40 with those low ranks is of the matchmaking system is properly elo based and you always play someone on your level

    Yeah, but then ELO would also need to be consistent and not get reset once a week, because otherwise you would have your "easy" first 5-10 games and then only need to win half the games against people on your level to reach Elite 1 which obviously shouldn't be the case. Seems like too much effort for EA tbh.

    Yh that’s what I mean, it’s what it should be but as you said can’t see it happening. Ea like to do their own thing and be different from every other comp system that’s currently successful
  • Choepiechakie
    30590 posts National Team Captain
    30 games are perfect for 3 days. Anything more is insane. Stop moaning because you are insecure about your qualities, be like @Benn. Theres is literally no reason to moan about a reduce of games
  • MikeyP_FC
    12944 posts Has That Special Something
    Whether 30/32/40, confirmed that E1 is now 27 wins?
  • Koolfashion
    2515 posts Fans' Favourite
    Lets see what matchmaking will be. Previous WL for me it was 50% games of easy relaxing games, and 50% competetive. Maybe now every game will be hardcore sweatfest and you will play only people on your level.
  • Skittles67
    563 posts An Exciting Prospect
    MikeyP_FC wrote: »
    Whether 30/32/40, confirmed that E1 is now 27 wins?

    Yh
  • Agent Murhawk
    8128 posts League Winner
    30 games are perfect for 3 days. Anything more is insane. Stop moaning because you are insecure about your qualities, be like @Benn. Theres is literally no reason to moan about a reduce of games

    the lower the games the harder the top of the top is going to be decided. look at PC where everyone goes 20-0 or whatever it is.
  • EddieFicio
    20087 posts Club Captain
    30 games are perfect for 3 days. Anything more is insane. Stop moaning because you are insecure about your qualities, be like @Benn. Theres is literally no reason to moan about a reduce of games

    the lower the games the harder the top of the top is going to be decided. look at PC where everyone goes 20-0 or whatever it is.

    I predict a lot of rage at skill rating.
  • Skittles67
    563 posts An Exciting Prospect
    If the matchmaking is like last year there will be 50+ 30/30 every week. Probably more tbf
  • Choepiechakie
    30590 posts National Team Captain
    30 games are perfect for 3 days. Anything more is insane. Stop moaning because you are insecure about your qualities, be like @Benn. Theres is literally no reason to moan about a reduce of games

    the lower the games the harder the top of the top is going to be decided. look at PC where everyone goes 20-0 or whatever it is.

    Skill points.

    Every qualifying month top 100 was on 38. Wont make a difference. The top playwrs will always be on top
  • Orison
    45306 posts FIFA Cover Star
    30 games are perfect for 3 days. Anything more is insane. Stop moaning because you are insecure about your qualities, be like @Benn. Theres is literally no reason to moan about a reduce of games

    the lower the games the harder the top of the top is going to be decided. look at PC where everyone goes 20-0 or whatever it is.

    Skill points.

    Every qualifying month top 100 was on 38. Wont make a difference. The top playwrs will always be on top

    Then EA needs to explain skill rating tho. Can't have people guessing and basically qualifying by sheer luck.

    As I said with "just" 30 games they might as well move qualifying to div 1 of rivals considering rivals has ELO based matchmaking.
  • EddieFicio
    20087 posts Club Captain
    30 games are perfect for 3 days. Anything more is insane. Stop moaning because you are insecure about your qualities, be like @Benn. Theres is literally no reason to moan about a reduce of games

    the lower the games the harder the top of the top is going to be decided. look at PC where everyone goes 20-0 or whatever it is.

    Skill points.

    Every qualifying month top 100 was on 38. Wont make a difference. The top playwrs will always be on top

    That would make sense if we knew how skill points actually work. In 18 you got more skill points from playing games the earliest, which is stupid.
  • Choepiechakie
    30590 posts National Team Captain
    Thats true.
  • Skittles67
    563 posts An Exciting Prospect
    player picks of red cards replace monthlys too which is good imo
Sign In or Register to comment.