The Weekend League Thread *Eddie the 🐐

Comments

• hoban95
    48504 posts FIFA Cover Star
    hoban95 wrote: »
    Playing so **** this week. Can't score with the team and conceding so many silly goals. I can't use CR7 now, literally so ineffective for me. He's becoming a passenger...

You have to put commentary on Spanish. I 100% swear you will enjoy playing with CR7 again, Manolo (spanish commentator) gets him going like nothing else.

Download Spanish Latin (Free) and thank me later :)

:joy:

I have my tv on mute when playing fifa. Just have a spotify playlist going. Changed my team and still struggling, it's a very bad weekend for me.
  • Keano
    12251 posts Has That Special Something
    Playing so **** this week. Can't score with the team and conceding so many silly goals. I can't use CR7 now, literally so ineffective for me. He's becoming a passenger...

You have to put commentary on Spanish. I 100% swear you will enjoy playing with CR7 again, Manolo (spanish commentator) gets him going like nothing else.

I have my tv on mute when playing fifa. Just have a spotify playlist going. Changed my team and still struggling, it's a very bad weekend for me.

Can't do that... volume for fifa must be on 5 or 6, 5 if playing music 6 if listenin gto YT.

proper weird but thats just how i've always done it, for some reason i've played better on average when the fifa noise is slightly in the background, weird superstition though.
  • Blarix
    20804 posts Club Captain
    It's rough out there. Lag is crazy so far.

I'm also playing really bad
  • hoban95
    48504 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Keano wrote: »

Can't do that... volume for fifa must be on 5 or 6, 5 if playing music 6 if listenin gto YT.

proper weird but thats just how i've always done it, for some reason i've played better on average when the fifa noise is slightly in the background, weird superstition though.

Hell no! I gotta have a spotify playlist blaring out or on mic with some forumers. I haven't had the commentary on in over 6 years now.
  • Bobb
    643 posts An Exciting Prospect
    If anybody is wondering if 92 Ibra is weekend league quality, I think he is. I finish gold 1 on average, finished elite once. Mini review after 10 games: His balance isn’t really that big of an issue, he’s the best aerial threat in the game, 5 star skills, 4 star weak foot, icon-like shooting and dribbling stats. Well worth 150k
  • Xtrem3 Poptarts
    6876 posts Big Money Move
    Flashback Casillas to get his debut in WL, bless his soul.

I used him for one match. Let in 6 goals. Jumped over the slow rolling ball two times. Had one good save when I pressed Y to rush out and stop a attacker 1 v 1.

Rest was painful. Like Prime Yashin on 18.

I give him one game before I threaten to discard him. I have Courtois but he also lets in some suspect goals so I don’t think it really matters who’s in between the posts :joy:

@Littleland95 2 games later and went back to Courtois :lol:
  • BaseCamp
    848 posts Semi-Pro
    Just picked up Prime R9 for 6 mil flat. Not sure if this is really good value though for building the best team I can given I don't have unlimited coins.

Team would be in 442

R9 (96) - TOTY Mbappe
    ???? - 93 Gullit - 86 Vieira - IF Son
    87 Sandro - Ramos - 90 Ferdinand - 86 Lala
    Courtois

To get toty mbappe I'd have to sell my IF Neymar and IF Mbappe. I get E1 most of the time so would be able to buy back a neymar next week.

My original intention was to buy TOTY Neymar, TOTY Mbappe and TOTY Ramos. Do you guys think that I'd be better off selling the R9 for a small profit of maybe 100k and doing that?
  • EddieFicio
    20991 posts Club Captain
    BaseCamp wrote: »
    Just picked up Prime R9 for 6 mil flat. Not sure if this is really good value though for building the best team I can given I don't have unlimited coins.

Team would be in 442

R9 (96) - TOTY Mbappe
    Courtois

To get toty mbappe I'd have to sell my IF Neymar and IF Mbappe. I get E1 most of the time so would be able to buy back a neymar next week.

My original intention was to buy TOTY Neymar, TOTY Mbappe and TOTY Ramos. Do you guys think that I'd be better off selling the R9 for a small profit of maybe 100k and doing that?

As someone who has had r9 at the cost of a better team in the past, sell him.
  • Muzza11
    8249 posts League Winner
    TOTY CR7 decent?
  • hrv97
    3399 posts National Call-Up
    Muzza11 wrote: »
    TOTY CR7 decent?

No, bang average :trollface:
  • Toad2338
    378 posts Sunday League Hero
    7-1 and done for tonight, CR7 has been immense for me, best player I've used this fifa for sure so glad I finally was able to get him, have a front 3 of him, Prime Raul and Prime Rivaldo and they have just been unstoppable! Only loss was to a god team with TOTY KDB :(
  • BaseCamp
    848 posts Semi-Pro
    EddieFicio wrote: »
    BaseCamp wrote: »

Team would be in 442

R9 (96) - TOTY Mbappe
    Courtois

As someone who has had r9 at the cost of a better team in the past, sell him.

Thanks. I threw him back up for 6.35. Played a couple friendlies abd he was immence but Id like to have a more balanced team.
  • Snadeau
    1052 posts Professional
    12-0. Spending some coins on the back line as worked wonders. My opponent can’t get it out of their own half and they end up making a lot of mistakes. Toty VVD is a monster.
  • weims
    2028 posts Fans' Favourite
    I’m actually afraid to start this weekend, can’t imagine some of the TOTY god squads I’m gonna be facing given those middle eastern accounts I’ve had to face in recent weeks
  • Xtrem3 Poptarts
    6876 posts Big Money Move
    Is Suarez worth it? Not a fan of the 3* skill :(
  • Campino
    26787 posts Player of the Year
    edited January 12
    Dunno Why I bother with this game at times
  • '96dc2
    9009 posts League Winner
    Campino wrote: »

You LOVE it
  • Campino
    '96dc2 wrote: »

You LOVE it
    Can’t get enough
    9qzi4x.jpg

• Littleland95
    16630 posts Moderator
    Flashback Casillas to get his debut in WL, bless his soul.

I used him for one match. Let in 6 goals. Jumped over the slow rolling ball two times. Had one good save when I pressed Y to rush out and stop a attacker 1 v 1.

Rest was painful. Like Prime Yashin on 18.

I give him one game before I threaten to discard him. I have Courtois but he also lets in some suspect goals so I don’t think it really matters who’s in between the posts :joy:

@Littleland95 2 games later and went back to Courtois :lol:

Would be cool if he played great but if a bit like End Of An Ero Buffon a year or two again. Awful,
  • '96dc2
    9009 posts League Winner
    '96dc2 wrote: »

You LOVE it
    Can’t get enough
    9qzi4x.jpg

Rekt 🤣
  • RealM
    5149 posts Big Money Move
    Not sure I want to play anymore. I'm on fire. 5-0 and he quits then another 5-0. Dominated both games. EA are on my side. Just a matter of when it switches. :(
  • Blackpoolmonster
    3881 posts National Call-Up
    RealM wrote: »
    Not sure I want to play anymore. I'm on fire. 5-0 and he quits then another 5-0. Dominated both games. EA are on my side. Just a matter of when it switches. :(

I feel like this. There comes a point when it feels like the actual game is against you as opposed to the standard of opponent being better
  • MarkusG
    379 posts Sunday League Hero
    It is absolutely **** laughable that EA pass this garbage off as an esport isn't it. I mean it's actually insulting.
  • TheDreamer
    3160 posts National Call-Up
    Those people who can position their players so precisely that they can control where every single rebound goes are so annoying to play against.
  • RebelRob
    4971 posts National Call-Up
    RealM wrote: »

I feel like this. There comes a point when it feels like the actual game is against you as opposed to the standard of opponent being better

It’s been like this for ages. Ea definitely try and balance out results to the average person will always end with the same result each week.

How can you co from passing inch perfectly and getting a 3-0 rq’s in 20 minutes to players not being able to pass to losing 4-3 after conceding rebound and kick off goals.

It’s like they’re stupid and think it’s not obvious.
  • ScruffyDogBurger
    3274 posts National Call-Up
    3 games in a row where I've lost connection.

That's the end of that.
  • Pauldejong6
    6706 posts Big Money Move
    edited January 12
    Ran to gold 2 as I dont have more time this weekend to play. G2 is OP, so I expect a great red next thursday :smiley: Enjoyed using Flash Ibra, KDB and the boys.

• RealM
    5149 posts Big Money Move
    edited January 12
    4-0 today, having a blast playing I must say. Either I some how improved overnight and it's making me play better or playing differently or my opponents are just worse than I am.
    Puts me at 11-5 which is my best ever I think, 14 games to get 3 more wins. 😁
  • Campino
    edited January 12
    11-3

Should be 13-1 by rights but hey ho that’s Fifa
  • Currieman
    4918 posts National Call-Up
    11-1. Never had a start like this on 19. My usual record at this stage (pretty much every week) is 8-4.

The difference has been NIF Marcelo, Varane and Courtois. They are all absolute game changers. Oh and the fact that I’ve not really had much BS go against me.

My one loss was 4-3 against a decent player. 3 timed finesse and a late near post corner header to beat me. Frustrating but he was a good player so I can take it.

Can’t play again until tomorrow so looking forward to the inevitable middle 10 game collapse.