The Weekend League Thread *Eddie the 🐐

Comments

• ChrisLFC
    7094 posts Big Money Move
    edited October 2018
    IDARYL wrote: »
    ChrisLFC wrote: »
    Won my first game despite a few patches of fast forward lag. Conceded a goal because of it. I had no issues in Div rivals over the last two weeks. I'm guessing too many people are playing ATM

No now you're connecting to a server and speed up lag is to catch up . where in other modes you connect to your opponent and you just gave your opponent a awful connection so call it karma when you conceed

You don't connect to your opponent in div rivals like in seasons? It should be the same as Weekend league according to EA.

I win like 65-70% of my WL games so my connection can't be that bad. :D
  • Arsenalfan97
    7699 posts League Winner
    Div rivals is on a server as well @IDARYL
  • IDARYL
    5648 posts Big Money Move
    IDARYL wrote: »
    Won my first game despite a few patches of fast forward lag. Conceded a goal because of it. I had no issues in Div rivals over the last two weeks. I'm guessing too many people are playing ATM

No now you're connecting to a server and speed up lag is to catch up . where in other modes you connect to your opponent and you just gave your opponent a awful connection so call it karma when you conceed

You don't connect to your opponent in div rivals like in seasons? It should be the same as Weekend league according to EA.

I win like 65-70% of my WL games so my connection can't be that bad. :D

I did better when my connection was 3down 0.3 up than 300down and 20 up. You get to learn how to deal with lag better while its new to your opponent so better for you
  • Andybelfast
    10935 posts Has That Special Something

• Jackadinho
    1250 posts Professional
    Was winning 2-1 at half time and was just bored scored 2 own goals and gave my opponent the win
  • IDARYL

Probably still using last years server then
  • dopetothemax
    2015 posts Fans' Favourite
    2-0. First guy wasn’t that great and I probably shoulda scored 8 but couldn’t put my chances away. Went 2-0 up on the second guy and noticed he never changed from his deep back line, counter attack strategy so I just kept possession in his half for the majority of the game. He barely came out to pressure me lol
  • RBailss
    12056 posts Has That Special Something
    When are WL rewards this year? Thursday evening still?
  • Currieman
    4953 posts National Call-Up
    Qualified late last night. 2 reasons. 1. It's the first WL of 19 so just wanna see how it is. 2. I can't really play much for the next 2 weekends

I was getting very frustrated with the game when playing last night so I know it's only gonna get worse :lol: I'm 100% stopping as soon as/if I get to 14 wins!

Doesn't help that my team is awful. Might actually have to spend some coins. I've got a full French team right now but just not sure what to go for.
  • SimenHP
    2053 posts Fans' Favourite
    The servers are broken allright. I just subbed off Dembele for POTM Lucas, and EA for some reason subbed of Mbappe for Lucas
  • tworaf
    236 posts Sunday League Hero
    the gameplay is extremly fast compared to div rivals. It's like playing a completly different game. I don't know if it is te servers or ea decided to make fut champs gameplay faster... I'm sick of unstable gameplay speed online. not gonna bother finish y games
  • SimenHP
    edited October 2018
    How many wins are you realistically going for? I'm still learning the gameplay so if I win 6 games I'm happy, I just want that player choose pack. So far I'm 1-2.
  • SupaNoodle1990
    26033 posts Player of the Year
    I’m sure everyone who’s not working is playing right now.

Leave it till later.
  • Arsenalfan97
    7699 posts League Winner
    SimenHP wrote: »
    How many wins are you realistically going for? I'm still learning the gameplay so if I win 6 games I'm happy, I just want that player choose pack. So far I'm 1-2.

Same here 6 wins for the player pick and I’ll be happy
  • ChrisLFC
    7094 posts Big Money Move
    edited October 2018

I'm aiming for 14 wins to get 2 player packs. 2-0 currently.

Are all player pick packs the same? Or do silver player picks have those discard 75-79 rated players and gold player picks get 81+ like last fifa?

Giving someone with 6 wins an IF player pick seems too generous for EA to do it.
  • dopetothemax
    2015 posts Fans' Favourite
    3 games in and each player had his team sat in the box aside from two attackers at the halfway line. Control the CDM, never pressure the ball and just wait for the AI to do the work. No idea how they’re having fun watching me have the ball the whole game.
  • GL
    6643 posts Big Money Move
    Does pressing the Xbox button still give you the auto L?
  • BenzP7
    8293 posts League Winner
    f721fa6c9bbd223f7d6236ba42608d87.png

Rocking this.

I only played 1 game but the delay was at its worst this year because I never had this bad of a gameplay in 19.
  • Arsenalfan97
    7699 posts League Winner
    edited October 2018
    I can’t get into ultimate team. Anyone else? Edit back In now
  • SimenHP
    GL wrote: »
    Does pressing the Xbox button still give you the auto L?

Not for me atleast. When I pressed it I got 15 sec to get back to the game
  • Skittles67
    563 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Gonna wait till later to start my games for sure
  • Doogle6
    151 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Not sure if this has been asked sorry, but do you match make with players in the same ranking as you or is it random?
  • Idek
    10288 posts Has That Special Something

I'm aiming for 14 wins to get 2 player packs. 2-0 currently.

Are all player pick packs the same? Or do silver player picks have those discard 75-79 rated players and gold player picks get 81+ like last fifa?

Giving someone with 6 wins an IF player pick seems too generous for EA to do it.

I don't think anyone knows exactly how the player picks are gonna work till rewards are released

• Dan is Clutch
    25015 posts Player of the Year
    GL everyone! Hope you all smash it.
  • SimenHP
    Campino wrote: »
    GL everyone! Hope you all smash your controllers .

I play with my normal Xbox controller instead of Elite when playing WL, that's how much I know I will break my controller :relaxed:
  • Dan is Clutch
    25015 posts Player of the Year
    Campino wrote: »
    GL everyone! Hope you all smash your controllers .

:D
  • IDARYL
    GL everyone! Hope you all smash it.

Me too.....controller, TV and then kick the dog
  • Moiizer
    6731 posts Big Money Move
    BABY SHARK DOO DOO DOO DOO DOO DOO

giphy.gif

GL all.
  • Arsenalfan97
    7699 posts League Winner
    Has anyone figured out free kicks this year the curve is ridiclous this year and I just did a 1 bar free kick with Payet from 19 yards and it flew over the bar