The Weekend League Thread *Eddie the 🐐

Comments

• EddieFicio
    21453 posts Club Captain
    Orison wrote: »
    GL wrote: »
    Disappointing end, got to 17-2 this afternoon and couldn’t be bothered to play any more. That’s it for me, new job + back to uni for next 3 years no more Xbox :#

Is your uni like a jail or how are you not able to continue playing there? :D

Hes going to the university of hard knocks (aka jail)
  • ha032742
    35067 posts Moderator
    EddieFicio wrote: »
    Disappointing end, got to 17-2 this afternoon and couldn’t be bothered to play any more. That’s it for me, new job + back to uni for next 3 years no more Xbox :#

Hes going to the university of hard knocks (aka jail)

You get to play computer games in UK prisons.
  • GL
    6520 posts Big Money Move

For the next 3 years 2/3 of my time will be hospital based and the other 1/3 at uni. A big step up in work load so sacrifices have to be made :D
  • Orison
    47797 posts FIFA Cover Star

For the next 3 years 2/3 of my time will be hospital based and the other 1/3 at uni. A big step up in work load so sacrifices have to be made :D

Xbox in the evenings it is then ;)
  • ha032742
    35067 posts Moderator

I played computer games (mainly FIFA and FM) regularly even whilst doing my clinical rotations...think you’re overreacting :#
  • GL
    ha032742 wrote: »

I played computer games (mainly FIFA and FM) regularly even whilst doing my clinical rotations...think you’re overreacting :#

Maybe, we will see how it goes but doubt I’ll be getting fifa otherwise I’d just be sitting on the app trading all the time :joy:
  • Orison

As a friend once said "if uni work threatens to stop me from drinking then I rather take one semester longer before stopping to drink" :trollface:

I'm studying for a whole year for my state exam now, must have put 2000 hours or so into that one set of exams, still wouldn't stop playing Fifa and/or get drunk. Studying isn't everything. You are becoming insane if you do nothing else but studying for extended periods of time.
  • ha032742
    35067 posts Moderator

Maybe, we will see how it goes but doubt I’ll be getting fifa otherwise I’d just be sitting on the app trading all the time :joy:

True, back when I was at uni there was no companion app for FIFA...good thing as I definitely would’ve failed.
  • GL
    Already done 4 years at uni and I played Xbox so much lel

I want to focus on different things this time round
  • Thefranchise92
    3558 posts National Call-Up

You studying to be a doctor?
  • GL

Clinical Scientist - medical physics
  • Orison

How competitive was it to get in? ;)
    f6479dc54ab34f2c88f3706fec2284bf.png
  • GL

How competitive was it to get in? ;)
    f6479dc54ab34f2c88f3706fec2284bf.png

More competitive than D1 2500 skill rating ;)

Didn’t do any work experience really, I applied last year and took learnings for that and reapplied. Was lucky to get an offer after initially on the reserve list
  • Libguy
    4763 posts National Call-Up
    All D1 and WL. Man this guy is a beast -

D47033-A8-F378-42-C6-AABF-8265-CE3-E3-A8-E.jpg
  • Pugzilla
    15875 posts World Class
    Libguy wrote: »

Careful it may not be an impressive enough record for our nerd overlords and then you may be made fun of.

• Libguy
    4763 posts National Call-Up
    Pugzilla wrote: »

Careful it may not be an impressive enough record for our nerd overlords and then you may be made fun of.

Well, at least nobody is likely to “lol squad battles” me.
  • ha032742
    35067 posts Moderator
    Dribbling looks so bad :bawling:

• Joestoe
    4708 posts National Call-Up

Some of the new skillmoves look great fun though.
  • Joestoe

I never manage to go 1-1 with any player, yet have a win/lose ratio of 5:1 (0 squad battles played). I can't figure out how people do it. The only way I can make it work is to force it all to the striker, but it costs you games.

But nice record mate :) .
  • PelzyWelzy
    9330 posts League Winner

Can tell just from the short snippets in the video that crab walking is going to a major issue once more.
  • Shaanxz
    20325 posts Club Captain
    Strafe dribbling wasn’t that strong in the beta imo. Maybe I wasn’t playing against strong opposition
  • Thefranchise92
    3558 posts National Call-Up
    Joestoe wrote: »

I never manage to go 1-1 with any player, yet have a win/lose ratio of 5:1 (0 squad battles played). I can't figure out how people do it. The only way I can make it work is to force it all to the striker, but it costs you games.

Thats literally it unless you have eusebio
  • ChrisLFC
    7041 posts Big Money Move
    edited September 6
    Why stop the WL? The only mode worth playing

Now I'm stuck playing madden 20 until fifa is released. I was only playing 5-10 games each weekend but I enjoyed it.

Its a lot easier if you're playing with a lone striker in a 433 or 4231(2). 2 strikers split goals. I found my CAM scored more goals than my strikers in 41212(2).
  • Joestoe
    ChrisLFC wrote: »
    Why stop the WL? The only mode worth playing

Now I'm stuck playing madden 20 until fifa is released. I was only playing 5-10 games each weekend but I enjoyed it.

Its a lot easier if you're playing with a lone striker in a 433 or 4231(2). 2 strikers split goals. I found my CAM scored more goals than my strikers in 41212(2).

I played 4231 with R9, Havertz, CR7 and PIM Cruyff as front 4. I never lacked goals, but never got 1-1 ratio with any of them.