Lost the 30th game on pens and missed my first ever elite. :s
  • Pikachu
    8636 posts League Winner
    Keano wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »
    WFCBagnall wrote: »
    11-0

Mad that you're still playing, don't tell me you still play all 30 (even playing at all is bad enough).

I know that's nothing for you, but some people might actually enjoy playing a few games (even in August) ;)
    Pikachu wrote: »
    11-0

Mad that you're still playing, don't tell me you still play all 30 (even playing at all is bad enough).

I know that's nothing for you, but some people might actually enjoy playing a few games (even in August) ;)

Yeah, I’ve stopped playing, but I don’t get peoples’ issues with people still playing in August.

more the fact there's nothing to play for & giving yourself a break before the next one, wasn't me having a dig at all & I'm sure @WFCBagnall knows that.

I get you. Issues might’ve been the wrong word. @Keano
  • Orison
    47807 posts FIFA Cover Star
    11-0

11-0

Yeah, I’ve stopped playing, but I don’t get peoples’ issues with people still playing in August.

more the fact there's nothing to play for & giving yourself a break before the next one, wasn't me having a dig at all & I'm sure @WFCBagnall knows that.

I mean isn't a casual mode the thing people cried out for all year? Doesn't get much more casual than wl in August @Keano

Also regarding the break I feel as if people get way too serious about the game. If you don't want to play anymore then just stop. Doesn't matter if it's August or december. Dunno why some people treat it as a job and reach a point at which they basically need a holiday from their hobby lol.
  • Keano
    12951 posts Has That Special Something
    11-0

11-0

I get you. Issues might’ve been the wrong word. @Keano

Nah I get you, I thought i'd still be playing tbf but I haven't touched it in 2 weeks or so, (when tots Wl ended).
    11-0

11-0

I mean isn't a casual mode the thing people cried out for all year? Doesn't get much more casual than wl in August @Keano

Also regarding the break I feel as if people get way too serious about the game. If you don't want to play anymore then just stop. Doesn't matter if it's August or december. Dunno why some people treat it as a job and reach a point at which they basically need a holiday from their hobby lol.

Don't think I called out for a casual mode, I just find WL takes up a fair bit of time (as well as working the majority of the weekend), so to have 6-8 weeks of going out without playing WL & whatnot is decent, but I know i'll play next years as I like fifa overall & football, to each their own I suppose.
  • ORANGEeffect05
    20485 posts Club Captain
    11-0

11-0

WL can be casual all year if you aren't trying to be a pro. Who cares if you lose some games, you still get great rewards to build the team up and get to play some bots like @Pugzilla along the way.
  • Orison
    11-0

11-0

WL can be casual all year if you aren't trying to be a pro. Who cares if you lose some games, you still get great rewards to build the team up and get to play some bots like @Pugzilla along the way.

This year taught us that rewards are irrelevant before tots anyways.

One week of elite during tots was better than 5+ elite finishes before.

If they don't bring back the min rating for ifs it will be the same again in fifa 20.
  • ORANGEeffect05
    20485 posts Club Captain
    11-0

11-0

If they don't bring back the min rating for ifs it will be the same again in fifa 20.

Yea tots rewards injected crazy coins in. Hopefully they do something better than meh TOTW reds throughout and include promo cards in rewards.
  • Orison
    11-0

11-0

Yea tots rewards injected crazy coins in. Hopefully they do something better than meh TOTW reds throughout and include promo cards in rewards.

Probably not. They know everyone who completes all 30 games and gets elite is an addict and will play anyways. So they can shaft us no problem.

Would be nice to atleast have other special cards in reds tho. Also give IFs some meaning again instead of releasing the same card 3x, once as a cl card, once as an if and once as a motm or so.
  • ORANGEeffect05
    20485 posts Club Captain
    11-0

11-0

Probably not. They know everyone who completes all 30 games and gets elite is an addict and will play anyways. So they can shaft us no problem.

Would be nice to atleast have other special cards in reds tho. Also give IFs some meaning again instead of releasing the same card 3x, once as a cl card, once as an if and once as a motm or so.

Those damn CL cards were such a waste. Hope they are more creative with that license this year but it is EA...
  • Orison
    11-0

11-0

Those damn CL cards were such a waste. Hope they are more creative with that license this year but it is EA...

They must have paid so much money for the cl license and that's what they came up with. Proper tragedy.

But then the whole special card upgrade algorithm was tragic this year imo. If the base card had bad composure/balance/strength/etc it never got fixed. The same 20 players who had great nifs also had great special cards. The other cards like a sancho or so remained irrelevant (apart from a few exceptions mainly because of the future stars promo, e.g. Havertz, militao and mendy).
  • WFCBagnall
    69621 posts Moderator
    11-0

11-0

Ifs were boosted nicely on the *eta

Hopefully that carries over
  • ORANGEeffect05
    20485 posts Club Captain
    11-0

11-0

They must have paid so much money for the cl license and that's what they came up with. Proper tragedy.

But then the whole special card upgrade algorithm was tragic this year imo. If the base card had bad composure/balance/strength/etc it never got fixed. The same 20 players who had great nifs also had great special cards. The other cards like a sancho or so remained irrelevant (apart from a few exceptions mainly because of the future stars promo, e.g. Havertz, militao and mendy).

Yea the upgrade algorithm is lame too. Wish they would give special card upgrades based off the performance that earned the card. Kompany with 59 long shots for essentially winning the league from distance. Townsend 71 volley for his TOTS Moments card for his insane volley. Lucas 3* WF after a second half weak foot hatty (different issue but still). And like you said the upgrades are unlikely to fix massive flaws in a cards stats until maybe TOTS.
  • Orison
    11-0

11-0

Only because ifs suddenly had toty stats :trollface:

But yeah they usually go from bad upgrades to solid upgrades. So should be better in 20.

The worst change was from 12 to 13. I still remember looking at 13's first ifs and wondering wtf I'm looking at.
  • WFCBagnall
    69621 posts Moderator
    11-0

11-0

Only because ifs suddenly had toty stats :trollface:

But yeah they usually go from bad upgrades to solid upgrades. So should be better in 20.

The worst change was from 12 to 13. I still remember looking at 13's first ifs and wondering wtf I'm looking at.

I meant before those. Like WBY.
  • Pugzilla
    15877 posts World Class
    Stop @ing me @ORANGEeffect05 CBA with 50 notifications when I sign in.
  • ORANGEeffect05
    20485 posts Club Captain
    Pugzilla wrote: »

:heart: @Pugzilla
  • AnDrEwThEdOn
    17217 posts World Class

• Carswell
    8206 posts League Winner

• WFCBagnall
    69621 posts Moderator

• Hicksy2011
    12906 posts Has That Special Something

• GL
    6521 posts Big Money Move
    TOTY Kante is a freak
  • Pugzilla
    15877 posts World Class
    edited August 26
    source-7.gif
  • Pikachu
    8636 posts League Winner

• Libguy
    4763 posts National Call-Up
    GL wrote: »
    TOTY Kante is a freak

Yeah, I was surprised how good he was. Sad to see him go. I wouldn't mind owning the card, but I'd have to sell my TOTS Auba among other things.
  • ccooaattssyy
    7047 posts Big Money Move
    Just realised it costs £7.99 to change a gamer tag, feels bad man :#
  • WFCBagnall
    69621 posts Moderator

It also resets your post count on here too
  • Libguy
    4763 posts National Call-Up

Launch a viral social media campaign to associate your current username with some sort of particularly repugnant hate group - Xbox bans your gamertag - free gamertag change.

Or pay the £7.99.
  • Orison

Didn't he lose his real forum acc anyways?
  • ORANGEeffect05
    20485 posts Club Captain

Didn't he lose his real forum acc anyways?

I miss the refined @coatsy - sommelier of fine bath waters, appreciator of proper calcio, and provocateur of the people against the man. Now we're stuck with @ccooaattssyy - will drink damn near any bath water on sight, 442 Brexitball steward, and just another cog in the wheel of the bourgeoisie.