The Weekend League Thread *Eddie the 🐐

Comments

• ORANGEeffect05
    20303 posts Club Captain
    Orison wrote: »
    I registered for wl, gotta earn my fifa 20 kits @ORANGEeffect05

I'm not even at home and haven't played in 2 weeks.

August tings
  • Pugzilla
    15802 posts World Class
    Had a big idea (like I actually thought this) that EA would feed bots to us in WL.

I’m less sure now than I was but yeah still think there is a a chance they throw the odd bot at us to take a whooping so we keep playing.
  • Sanchezzzz
    3821 posts National Call-Up
    Pugzilla wrote: »
    Had a big idea (like I actually thought this) that EA would feed bots to us in WL.

I’m less sure now than I was but yeah still think there is a a chance they throw the odd bot at us to take a whooping so we keep playing.

Tinfoil hat out boyyyyssss
  • WFCBagnall
    69465 posts Moderator

You'd still get Gold 1

source.gif
  • GL
    6507 posts Big Money Move

@Orison oh wait, this isn't GD
  • Pugzilla
    15802 posts World Class
    I can’t explain it but every once in a while the way the opponent played would be so scripted that I could see my 90th minute winner in the 65th. The opponent would just crumble at predictable moments.
  • Thefranchise92
    3552 posts National Call-Up

Anyone remember when there was a glitch where the ai would play for you. Not too far fetched tbh. I won a game in 17 or 18 when my controller died and the ai were doing bits for me
  • Nervous_Nick
    5075 posts Big Money Move
    Just won against a croqueta abuser with a 120min goal by Cancelo.
    Sometimes i love this game! :D
    9-1 so far...i had forgotten how good that toty Mbappe card is.
  • Orison
    47600 posts FIFA Cover Star
    If you ever played squad battles to get some of the tragic objectives you know how the AI plays.

Didn't encounter that playstyle once in 2000+ games online and I can't remember seeing anything like it in any stream or video ever. Very weird conspiracy theory that's for sure.

But oh well, I guess you have to come up with something when that elite rank just ain't for you.
  • RebelRob
    4996 posts Big Money Move
    I implore someone to watch this clip below and tell me you still can’t see why people cry foul play.

3 cross bar hits in 3 seconds, 2 of them were timed shots and a header that wasn’t but still, it was havertz who regularly sticks headers in from anywhere but also misses the 4th attempt on goal.

Now the guy wasn’t the worst player, but I had so many chances in the match and only just manage to win in et, but it should have been a cricket score really. The game definitely kept him in it.

https://xboxclips.com/rebelrobot123/431e547f-5906-4e95-a0aa-4dd834b26e19
  • Carswell
    8171 posts League Winner
    Orison wrote: »
    If you ever played squad battles to get some of the tragic objectives you know how the AI plays.

Didn't encounter that playstyle once in 2000+ games online and I can't remember seeing anything like it in any stream or video ever. Very weird conspiracy theory that's for sure.

But oh well, I guess you have to come up with something when that elite rank just ain't for you.

Damn.
  • Sanchezzzz
    RebelRob wrote: »
    I implore someone to watch this clip below and tell me you still can’t see why people cry foul play.

3 cross bar hits in 3 seconds, 2 of them were timed shots and a header that wasn’t but still, it was havertz who regularly sticks headers in from anywhere but also misses the 4th attempt on goal.

Now the guy wasn’t the worst player, but I had so many chances in the match and only just manage to win in et, but it should have been a cricket score really. The game definitely kept him in it.

Rebel Robot, @Pugzilla this one of your opponents ?
  • Pugzilla
    15802 posts World Class
    All I know is I better start getting fed bots. Reppin the 5-4 record atm.
  • Orison
    47600 posts FIFA Cover Star
    A gold 2 player wondering why he's bad and coming to the conclusion that he might play bots instead of real humans.

I wish that was in GD, but it's actually in the WL thread @GL . Feelsbadman.
  • Pugzilla
    15802 posts World Class
    edited August 24
    Sanchezzzz wrote: »

My “theory” is simply they may, but probably don’t, feed us potatoes when we hit a losing streak around a +2/-2. Always feels like after a few losses a potato shows up.
  • Sanchezzzz

My “theory” is simply they may, but probably don’t, feed us potatoes when we hit a losing streak around a +2/-2. Always feels like after a few losses a potato shows up.

Plot twist you’re the potato that other people face...
  • Pugzilla
    15802 posts World Class

Finish gold 1 most weekends and that’s 10 or fewer losses I’d say 3-5 people are way better. Then the middle 15 games are toss ups. I don’t pretend to be some world beater I can only interpret my experience as I see it.

• Libguy
    4749 posts National Call-Up
    Am I crazy or does this pink Pogba feel like every other Pogba? I don’t really care since I needed to feed my untradeables into something, but it still seems like it should be better.
  • GL
    Libguy wrote: »
    Am I crazy or does this pink Pogba feel like every other Pogba? I don’t really care since I needed to feed my untradeables into something, but it still seems like it should be better.

You are wildin that Pogba is unreal
  • Libguy
    GL wrote: »

Well, only used him for 8 games so far, so hopefully improves.
  • Cadey 5
    10381 posts Has That Special Something

Not blown me away but better then his NIF for sure!

Same with Hazard, his POTM destroyed me so many times thought he’s Futties would be gold.
  • GL
    Cadey 5 wrote: »

Not blown me away but better then his NIF for sure!

Same with Hazard, his POTM destroyed me so many times thought he’s Futties would be gold.

POTM was so good because most people would be using potatoes like NIF Walker and Cancelo at RB.

Futties Pogba even in this day of super boosted TOTS midfielders still dominates the pitch
  • Agent Murhawk
    8192 posts League Winner

Finish gold 1 most weekends and that’s 10 or fewer losses I’d say 3-5 people are way better. Then the middle 15 games are toss ups. I don’t pretend to be some world beater I can only interpret my experience as I see it.

Same song for 3 years now, your losses are always against "worse" players, and you always end up in gold 2-1.
  • Pugzilla
    15802 posts World Class

Same song for 3 years now, your losses are always against "worse" players, and you always end up in gold 2-1.

And your story is the same every year too. Try to go pro, fail miserably, turn into forum nobody bully, delete your team, and the get **** premium and beat your **** raw for 7 months and then start the FIFA cycle all over again.

• realhokies
    500 posts An Exciting Prospect

And your story is the same every year too. Try to go pro, fail miserably, turn into forum nobody bully, delete your team, and the get **** premium and beat your **** raw for 7 months and then start the FIFA cycle all over again.

Who forgot to feed these two
  • Carswell
    8171 posts League Winner
    edited August 24
    realhokies wrote: »

Who forgot to feed these two

tJqafHj.jpg
  • Libguy
    We need new content before we all kill each other!
  • EddieFicio
    21278 posts Club Captain
    Lmao this thread
  • Agent Murhawk
    8192 posts League Winner

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Lmao you're missing graduating with a bachelors degree in MIS, getting a stable full-time job that pays very well, and buying a home. My life is just getting started buddy, unlike yours :*