The Weekend League Thread *Eddie the 🐐

Comments

• Mr_footballer1
    1857 posts Play-Off Hero
    @Orison would 26 have got you your first t100?

@Orison im sure wouldn't want t100 without doing it the right way😉. Its a bit like when d1 was brought down to 1900 sp from 2400. I mean your d1 but its not legit...

Top 100 is top 100 regardless
  • Hicksy2011
    12594 posts Has That Special Something
    edited August 12
    Yup
    I’m sure I’ll get slated for this by certain people but I know some very good Fifa players (like people who would smack everyone in their friends group) and they barely get gold 1/elite 3
    Getting 25+ wins is a great achievement no matter the weekend
  • Orison
    47057 posts FIFA Cover Star

Went away on holidays. No clue if people on 26 got in and if so at which skillrating.

@Orison im sure wouldn't want t100 without doing it the right way😉. Its a bit like when d1 was brought down to 1900 sp from 2400. I mean your d1 but its not legit...

This. I got top 100 last year by going 35-5. Yes it was "top 100", but really it was just elite 1 (+ another win). There were some weeks last year in which you got top 100 by going 32-8. That's elite 2, that isn't the top 100 I want.

It's nice for rewards, but it's not top 100 skill/consistency.
  • Thefranchise92
    3358 posts National Call-Up

No it isnt. T100 is t100 when its 28 wins on sr not e2. E2 isnt t100 otherwise 27wins wouldnt be e1
  • Pauldejong6
    6706 posts Big Money Move

No it isnt. T100 is t100 when its 28 wins on sr not e2. E2 isnt t100 otherwise 27wins wouldnt be e1

Top 100 is top 100.
  • jpsblue
    3884 posts National Call-Up

if you get top 100 with 25 wins, you got top 100
  • EddieFicio
    20983 posts Club Captain
    If you come 100th in a 100 man race it's still top 100
  • Carswell
    8083 posts League Winner
    edited August 13

Why do people act so weird on here?:joy:
  • Scutch
    10272 posts Has That Special Something
    Carswell wrote: »

Sadly it's not just on here. This is society now.
  • Thefranchise92

Tbf i was actually being slightly sarcastic and orison either couldnt tell or ignored it. As hes the biggest advocate for d1 being reduced to 1900 as not d1. But as you lot are saying e2 is still t100 then in a way i guess whatever ea drop d1 to is still d1
  • Orison

Tbf i was actually being slightly sarcastic and orison either couldnt tell or ignored it. As hes the biggest advocate for d1 being reduced to 1900 as not d1. But as you lot are saying e2 is still t100 then in a way i guess whatever ea drop d1 to is still d1

Div 1 got actively reduced while top 100 is just a question of amount of people playing.

Ofc it's still div 1, it's just not really a high skilllevel hence why it makes no sense that people in GD say "I am a consistent div 1 player, why can I only reach gold 2/1 in wl" and then they chill at 1.9-2k.
  • Thefranchise92
    Orison wrote: »

Div 1 got actively reduced while top 100 is just a question of amount of people playing.

Ofc it's still div 1, it's just not really a high skilllevel hence why it makes no sense that people in GD say "I am a consistent div 1 player, why can I only reach gold 2/1 in wl" and then they chill at 1.9-2k.

Yeah exactly and it doesnt make sense for people to also say t100 is t100..so if t100 threshold reduced to 20 wins due to lack of people playing, would that be t100 still?
  • Mr_footballer1
    1857 posts Play-Off Hero

Yeah exactly and it doesnt make sense for people to also say t100 is t100..so if t100 threshold reduced to 20 wins due to lack of people playing, would that be t100 still?

Yes. It's not rocket science is it. If you finish in the top 100 in any given weekend then that is a top 100 finish. It's really not difficult to understand. It doesn't make you a pro fifa player but it's still top 100
  • ccooaattssyy
    6433 posts Big Money Move
    When are rewards out? Thursdays at 6 GMT?
  • Finesse_4days
    6530 posts Big Money Move

9AM
  • ccooaattssyy
    6433 posts Big Money Move

9AM

Hmmm. I want to try trade around this more next FUT, but that’s a bit of rubbish time!
  • Finesse_4days
    6530 posts Big Money Move

9AM

Hmmm. I want to try trade around this more next FUT, but that’s a bit of rubbish time!

If you want to trade round it pick up stuff that will be used in WL Wednesday evening or any point Monday depending on how long you want to hold, then list up over night Wednesday night into Thursday morning.
  • jpsblue
    3884 posts National Call-Up
    ok i lied, this weekend is gonna be my final WL since i have the place to myself

gonna sell havertz and try out tots son at RCAM/RM and im done i think
  • Primal
    4331 posts National Call-Up
    My beta code wont work.. great lol cant even log onto the beta forum either
  • Primal
    4331 posts National Call-Up
    Sorted now turns out they sent me an invalid code, hopefully get an hour on it once it finishes downloading
  • GL
    6340 posts Big Money Move
  • MarkFromNorwich
    2450 posts Fans' Favourite
    GL wrote: »

Gimme a TOTS and I'll watch it.
  • Keano
    12230 posts Has That Special Something

Gimme a TOTS and I'll watch it.

It's august, at this point you wouldn't get a TOTS worth upgrading your team & in all honesty, the game is actually dead (though so many say it earlier, it is now).

What is this? Just some form of show where they talk about it all? Seems silly & as said above, unless they give some pointless card out kids won't watch it.
  • Orison
    But the hosts will most likely receive more money for that one show than top 17-32 in the actual tournament so it's all good :trollface:
  • MarkFromNorwich
    2450 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited August 15
    Keano wrote: »

It's august, at this point you wouldn't get a TOTS worth upgrading your team & in all honesty, the game is actually dead (though so many say it earlier, it is now).

Yeah, but what if I pack Neymar?
  • Keano
    12230 posts Has That Special Something
    But the hosts will most likely receive more money for that one show than top 17-32 in the actual tournament so it's all good :trollface:

Get top 16 then ;)
    Keano wrote: »

Yeah, but what if I pack Neymar?

By this point you should be able to afford Neymar or have him in a different version, but if you do enjoy him for... great rivals gameplay, SB & WL where you pack nothing ;) Incentives to play are gone = games dead.
  • Mr_footballer1
    1857 posts Play-Off Hero
    Reds are totw again next week?
  • WFCBagnall
    69085 posts Moderator
    Reds are totw again next week?

Shouldn't be.
  • Ian_Ando08
    7462 posts League Winner
    Are rewards totw ? It doesn't say tots just says special pick ?
  • Pugzilla
    15580 posts World Class
    Everyone in D1 (2,100 SR) Has the same 4-5 Icons and 10-12 TOTS. So boring.