The Weekend League Thread *Eddie the 🐐

Comments

• MarkFromNorwich
    2445 posts Fans' Favourite
    c39923784a04ff421a1e8fad7d74210e.png

Using this today. Pretty fun tbh. 5-0 with it. I'm getting done on the wings defensively though, always been my problem with this formation.
  • Sjaban
    554 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Lol we are in june and i just played a guy who only scored by crosses. I kost 7-4, he scored 7 headers from crosses, shhh me and time wasting from 70th min. I have no words
  • GL
    6329 posts Big Money Move
    Sjaban wrote: »
    Lol we are in june and i just played a guy who only scored by crosses. I kost 7-4, he scored 7 headers from crosses, shhh me and time wasting from 70th min. I have no words

It’s actually July almost August mate
  • Finesse_4days
    6529 posts Big Money Move
    edited July 20
    15-12 tragic AF I know, but I have figured part of the reason why my record is tragic .My controller is **** to the point I can't run in a straight line so when I track run my players run the opposite direction and do random **** I didn't ask for the same when I try and run down the wing. I thought it was lag and was thinking **** the is piece of **** game this is too much aids to be true, I play a kick off game to test it out and my players run **** up angles, so my controller is at fault. I have had this controller for about 6 weeks and its **** already about the 5th I have had in the last 2 years and no I don't throw them around. Every controller I get is pure ****, the official xbox controller I got 6months ago was **** AF as soon as I received it the bumpers were ultra heavy and the buttons were very heavy and unresponsive, so I get an unofficial wired controller of supposedly good quality and its ruined already. I can't play Fifa now without buying a new one and I can't afford to buy one every other month. Enough swearing to break the filter , but I am sickened and at the point of deleting my club, fifa is not suitable for the appalling quality controllers on xbox one, on xbox 360 I played loads and button bashed a lot and never had issues.
  • Sjaban
    554 posts An Exciting Prospect
    GL wrote: »

It’s actually July almost August mate

Lol i wrote july. Damn autocorrect

• hjdjydyufu
    7506 posts League Winner
    8-2 and feeling really good.

Havertz is the best player I've used. 😍🥰🤩

Suits me so well. A better CR7 and I do better with left footed players for some reason.
  • Orison
    47031 posts FIFA Cover Star
    edited July 20
    Poor guy was purposely trying to avoid the meta (atleast the crossing, volley, la croqueta one) so ofc I won 4-3 by scoring 4 untimed first time shots :# We matched 3x this year I think, I won all 3 and none of them were deserved :joy:
    0bdd8b12106c1d9600d8fa68cd3ec1ac.png
  • MarkFromNorwich
    2445 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited July 20
    4-2 to 13-2. Pretty happy with the recovery. Enjoying the squad, Kovacic is actually pretty good. Glad I did him with 30 minutes remaining.
  • Orison
    47031 posts FIFA Cover Star
    edited July 21
    Gif summary of my games so far

Didn't know pens like this were a thing in fifa 19. It's July and you still witness new things in this game, amazing.
    677uYUl.gif

Ofc the classic "it's July ffs" @GL @RBailss :trollface:
    UjUS7z3.gif

Lul at some of my opponents' skilllevel (almost nobody is quitting tho)
    yupLY0R.gif
  • Libguy
    4678 posts National Call-Up
    Orison wrote: »
    Gif summary of my games so far

Didn't know pens like this were a thing in fifa 19. It's July and you still witness new things in this game, amazing.
    677uYUl.gif

Ofc the classic "it's July ffs" @GL @RBailss :trollface:
    UjUS7z3.gif

Lul at some of my opponents' skilllevel (almost nobody is quitting tho)
    yupLY0R.gif

That first dude has spent 97% of his time on fifa 19 doing the penalty skill games.
  • Libguy
    4678 posts National Call-Up
    Four games in and played a guy with a 0 chem striker Ramos at cb and a guy with a full chem striker Ramos actually playing striker. Those guys need to get together and compare notes and see if they can figure this whole Ramos thing out.
  • number7rocky
    4147 posts National Call-Up

Who are you using at fullback to concede 7 crosses and why wouldn't you make changes if he was clearly exploiting it
  • weims
    2028 posts Fans' Favourite
    8-1, last game lost to a 90th minute penalty. Had the ball in my box and I tried to lob pass it out... game decides to do a slide tackle (my bindings are that way) and his player falls over me. Might just be done with WL now
  • Ian_Ando08
    7462 posts League Winner
    12-3 played great in a more attacking setup 41212 with full backs attacking

beat a guy 5-1 who usually gets 25 wins not bad for a guy who doesnt even get elite !! #G1Scrub
  • Daveofwales01
    8341 posts League Winner
    Anyone care to list their top 5 cdms please?
  • Ian_Ando08
    7462 posts League Winner

Vieira
    Gullit
    Matthaus
    EL Alonso
    FB Ramos
  • RebelRob
    4964 posts National Call-Up
    17-6 for what is probably my last weekend I can play most of the games.

I think every game I lost bar one was to people abusing first time shots or flick up volleys and crosses.

One game I won 5-3 in et, 3 goals from 3 first shots from his tots cr from silly angles. Thankfully havertz scored 2 flick up volleys in et for the win 😈 @Orison would be proud 😂

It’s funny that people are still so desperate for the win that they’ll try and do anything this late in the game over and over rather than playing it to try and enjoy it. One guy had fb ibra lcam and bale rcam and literally only tried to el tornado volley crosses to bale, only one actual cross came in as I blocked all of them but he scored that one obviously. Still beat him 5-1 though, but it’s so satisfying beating these maggots at their own game.
  • Crazy Creaky Jr
    2503 posts Fans' Favourite
    TOTS Sancho is such a clutch super sub. Always brings something
  • Ian_Ando08
    7462 posts League Winner
    TOTS Sancho is such a clutch super sub. Always brings something

Musa is my man for this.. bring him on 70th will leave any defender behind and his finishing is superb
  • Daveofwales01
    8341 posts League Winner
    Ian_Ando08 wrote: »

Vieira
    Gullit
    Matthaus
    EL Alonso
    FB Ramos

Thanks, anyone else?
  • Finesse_4days
    6529 posts Big Money Move
    14-14 **** worst WL since I had a **** team towards the start of Fifa 18, I lost to players with no hands becuase my controller is **** I shouldn't have even played but I thought maybe even with a broken controller I could beat noobs, I conceded an average of about 5 a game becuase I couldn't change direction properly becuase of a drifting stick and the lag was that bad even before my controller was **** I had issues. I started 8-1 when the gameplay and my controller was actually **** functioning.
  • Tsarov
    3185 posts National Call-Up
    I really should stop there. 14-2.

If I will be pushing rest of games and still will not be able to hit E3 level of frustration will be sky high.

924569529ea4ea7b3c3a9314fd60cbaff20cce33b27af4fbc08ddf44d43867536a4a31f8.jpg
  • Thefranchise92
    3349 posts National Call-Up

Vieira
    Gullit
    Matthaus
    EL Alonso
    FB Ramos

Im trying to get alonso into my starting 11 at cdm but its impossible
  • number7rocky
    4147 posts National Call-Up
    RebelRob wrote: »
    17-6 for what is probably my last weekend I can play most of the games.

I think every game I lost bar one was to people abusing first time shots or flick up volleys and crosses.

One game I won 5-3 in et, 3 goals from 3 first shots from his tots cr from silly angles. Thankfully havertz scored 2 flick up volleys in et for the win 😈 @Orison would be proud 😂

It’s funny that people are still so desperate for the win that they’ll try and do anything this late in the game over and over rather than playing it to try and enjoy it. One guy had fb ibra lcam and bale rcam and literally only tried to el tornado volley crosses to bale, only one actual cross came in as I blocked all of them but he scored that one obviously. Still beat him 5-1 though, but it’s so satisfying beating these maggots at their own game.

So other people are desperate but it's not when you do it? 😅
  • Ian_Ando08
    7462 posts League Winner

Vieira
    Gullit
    Matthaus
    EL Alonso
    FB Ramos

start 5 back change in game? play alonso on 7/8?
  • Thefranchise92

Vieira
    Gullit
    Matthaus
    EL Alonso
    FB Ramos

Yeah i would have to play 532 to get 100 chem and then lozano and onyekuru on 7 chem.

My team would be

Ddg
    Taa des alonso Luiz telles
    Cruyff eusebio viera
    Lozano onyekuru

Would have to buy a st to cm modifier for eusebio and all that. Ill look into it but fairly expensive test
  • Thefranchise92
    edited July 21

Vieira
    Gullit
    Matthaus
    EL Alonso
    FB Ramos

**** it im doing it. Give it a go. Means dinho be a sub and des will be on 7 chem
  • Tsarov
    15-2 and now 15-5. I am done with this Weekend League. No reason to play anymore.
  • Pugzilla
    15568 posts World Class
    I’m 15-5 not sure if I’ll ever get elite but this is about my best record through 20.
  • Tsarov
    Pugzilla wrote: »
    I’m 15-5 not sure if I’ll ever get elite but this is about my best record through 20.

8-2 is easy in first 10 games, but in the last 10 it is a completely different story.