The Weekend League Thread *Eddie the 🐐

Comments

• Orison
    47037 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Tof33z wrote: »
    Just the more manual defence will make me happy

The guy is saying that the AI is more passive, but the manual part is still pretty dead :joy: Passes going through legs or getting auto corrected to god knows where just to avoid the defender.
  • Tof33z
    5965 posts Big Money Move
    Orison wrote: »

The guy is saying that the AI is more passive, but the manual part is still pretty dead :joy: Passes going through legs or getting auto corrected to god knows where just to avoid the defender.

Ffs

One time EA
  • Orison

Ffs

One time EA

But you can now choose if the game should help you jockeying or not :trollface:

Apparently in Fifa 19 the game doesn't help you when running towards the ball, but it helps you when jockeying (so L2 defending) away from the ball and backing off. Problem is he said that he couldn't notice a difference and has no clue what help you even get (or not get) :joy:
  • AlexSolm
    8138 posts League Winner
    Muzza11 wrote: »
    AlexSolm wrote: »
    I hope I can make some good coinage, I want to upgrade to that carniball card. @AlexSolm gg on the T100 again, how much did you make last week from that TOTS 11 pack? Thanks

Thanks man, congrats. Around 2m last week, mostly because I had WBY in my pack.

Wow nice man, hoping I can get the same. I wouldn’t mind at least a mill to get that Carniball Neymar.

I have 9m with nothing to save for but PIM Ronaldo :D
  • Muzza11
    8249 posts League Winner
    I hope I can make some good coinage, I want to upgrade to that carniball card. @AlexSolm gg on the T100 again, how much did you make last week from that TOTS 11 pack? Thanks

Wow nice man, hoping I can get the same. I wouldn’t mind at least a mill to get that Carniball Neymar.

Easy coins for you :), shame we couldn’t make top 50 to get another rest of the world pick :lol:
  • ha032742
    34895 posts Moderator

You’re only a million off getting him
  • Primal
    4331 posts National Call-Up
    Anyone used pim maldini? Was gonna get militao but abit short and have a ton of untradables. Planned to use them for futties but it's been dead
  • sofyanm
    1943 posts Play-Off Hero
    Primal wrote: »
    Anyone used pim maldini? Was gonna get militao but abit short and have a ton of untradables. Planned to use them for futties but it's been dead
    Yes he’s great, he has pretty much everything
    He’s like a better version of PIM Blanc
  • McRaven
    4217 posts National Call-Up

Maldini is very solid. Prefer him over Militao I think. Militao has crazy recovery pace, but he didn't feel super confident when going in for the challenge. Maldini just gets the ball when going for the tackle so far (played 40 games with Maldini now). Militao has better ball control and passing, though Maldini's ball control feels way better than his stats suggest.
  • Orison
    Maldini is barely top 5 CBs in this game (for a lot of people he's barely top 10). Lack of aggression hurts him big time.

He gets bullied by the top attackers.
  • Muzza11
    8249 posts League Winner

Save for Militao btw, he is the best this year.
  • ha032742
    34895 posts Moderator
    Maldini is barely top 5 CBs in this game (for a lot of people he's barely top 10). Lack of aggression hurts him big time.

Tell that to Rebel Stokes :#
  • EddieFicio
    20974 posts Club Captain
    I went back to vvd and maldini this past week. Selling Militao
  • Thefranchise92
    3349 posts National Call-Up
    Whilst i normally dont agree with Orisons black and white way of viewing things. Agression makes and breaks alot of defenders. Apart from pace etc.a lack of agression is a gamechanger, they just **** foot about. Maldini,blanc,maruqinhos Silva etc so passive

• DougInskip
    6256 posts League Winner
    Whilst i normally dont agree with Orisons black and white way of viewing things. Agression makes and breaks alot of defenders. Apart from pace etc.a lack of agression is a gamechanger, they just **** foot about. Maldini,blanc,maruqinhos Silva etc so passive

Marq has 94 aggression
  • Libguy
    4678 posts National Call-Up
    For cbs, it's all about the physical because it determines whether you can use a shadow or not. I'm sure Maldini is fine, but a shadow VVD vs. anchor Maldini doesn't really look like a contest.
  • Orison
    Militao is the best CB in the game imo as long as you can get him on 8chem.
  • Campino
    26777 posts Player of the Year
    Marquinhos is fine as a CB
  • Muzza11
    8249 posts League Winner
    Militao and TOTY Varane <3
  • MarkFromNorwich
    2445 posts Fans' Favourite
    Surprised I don't see TOTY Kante used more often. I know he's a midget but he's amazing on the draft.
  • Primal
    4331 posts National Call-Up
    Going to do maldini this week then, I might aswell rinse the club
  • GL
    6329 posts Big Money Move
    Maldini is not my type of defender, I've benched him his aggression is lacking as mentioned
  • WFCBagnall
    69063 posts Moderator
    Surprised I don't see TOTY Kante used more often. I know he's a midget but he's amazing on the draft.

Unbelievable for me
  • number7rocky
    4147 posts National Call-Up
    GL wrote: »
    Maldini is not my type of defender, I've benched him his aggression is lacking as mentioned

• RebelRob
    4964 posts National Call-Up
    I only use prime maldini, but he’s been solid so far.

Only complaint is when first getting him he seemed like a penalty magnet. When manual defending and tackling he seemed to just plough through people (despite not having the highest strength) to get to the ball, but that could be me as I play quite aggressively and don’t just sit back and let the ai do the work.
  • DougInskip
    6256 posts League Winner
    edited July 15
    Which front 4?

Tots CR7
    Prime Eusebio (Untradeable)
    Tots Havertz (Untradeable)
    Tots Mbappe (Untradeable)

Or

Tots Mbappe
    Prime R9
    Tots Havertz
    Tots Ney
  • GL
    6329 posts Big Money Move
    DougInskip wrote: »
    Which front 4?

Tots CR7
    Prime Eusebio (Untradeable)
    Tots Havertz (Untradeable)
    Tots Mbappe (Untradeable)

Or

Tots Mbappe
    Prime R9
    Tots Havertz
    Tots Ney

• MisterJV
    10773 posts Has That Special Something
    Mbappe is **** me off , bout sell him for PM Eusebio .
  • Orison
    Love it
    9edfbbf2a5b9f9472af34e3bbb2a75e5.gif
  • hjdjydyufu
    7506 posts League Winner
    GL wrote: »

Whos your best ? @GL