The Weekend League Thread *Eddie the 🐐

Comments

• Primal
    4331 posts National Call-Up
    M98H wrote: »
    Shane wrote: »
    What squads are you guys looking to rock for the first WL?

A Sweat fest.

Will be something like

mbappe
    an icon/neymar nedved depay
    groetza dembele
    alaba boateng sanchez bellerin
    Leno

bring on the sweat >:) :#
  • IDARYL
    5625 posts Big Money Move
    Just watched jukez play a game before I went to work, I guess crossing is op this year cos every cross hit the striker low driven especially
  • WFCBagnall
    69075 posts Moderator
    Is timed shooting permanent for WL?
  • ALIST4R
    3874 posts National Call-Up
    WFCBagnall wrote: »
    Is timed shooting permanent for WL?

I hope so
  • Davisto
    6080 posts Big Money Move
    Orison wrote: »
    IDARYL wrote: »
    So come in this thread and see orison is now a water boy for Benn, great to see you moving up pal

Moving up from ending your Fifa career? You must have some really low self-esteem if you value the importance of yourself even below copying and pasting Benn's posts :trollface:

Pugz ended his own career tho

• SupaNoodle1990
    26031 posts Player of the Year
    Timed shooting is completely pointless unless they make us use it, it’s far easier to score with it turned off, no ones gonna make the game harder to play than it needs to be.
  • Orison
    47056 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Timed shooting is completely pointless unless they make us use it, it’s far easier to score with it turned off, no ones gonna make the game harder to play than it needs to be.

It's nothing like on the demo where you could actually use it to score bangers from impossible angles. It was basically the "last hope" of scoring.

On the full game it's incredibly weak, you can hit the thing in the green all you want it doesn't seem to really increase your chances of scoring. I tried a few longshots with Radja yesterday, hit them in the green and all that happened was me hitting the post back to back to back :joy:
  • SupaNoodle1990
    Orison wrote: »

It's nothing like on the demo where you could actually use it to score bangers from impossible angles. It was basically the "last hope" of scoring.

On the full game it's incredibly weak, you can hit the thing in the green all you want it doesn't seem to really increase your chances of scoring. I tried a few longshots with Radja yesterday, hit them in the green and all that happened was me hitting the post back to back to back :joy:

It does feel very weak I agree, I am dominating opponents first half but can’t score, switch it off at half time and end up winning 4/5-0.

Kinda hope they don’t make us use it for champs, because I don’t like how the shooting feels.
  • SupaNoodle1990
    Some of the longshot animations just look awkward and unusual aswell.

Quite pleased with the gameplay, apart from with the shooting.
  • Orison
    Some of the longshot animations just look awkward and unusual aswell.

Quite pleased with the gameplay, apart from with the shooting.

Shooting is glitched imo. There is the weird sidefoot glitch where your player sidefoots it and produces a 3kph pee roller and then there is also complete randomness with the arrow. You can aim properly, but the ball doesn't follow your aim, e.g.
    This shot got skied like how low should I point the arrow
    89db704c346f551b9f62c16325f3247a.png
    But then this shot with Latza, a messed up timed finish with a guy who's got 55 shooting goes in
    72cffa270a4df4fd7d980f9e992e6a10.png
  • SupaNoodle1990
    That side foot glitch is really annoying me!

Ball just loops all over the place :lol:

I thought it was due to the angle I shot from, but after investigating its definately not.
  • Campino
    26783 posts Player of the Year
    I’ve just turned it off, pointless feature
  • SupaNoodle1990
    Campino wrote: »
    I’ve just turned it off, pointless feature

That’s what I’ve done, can’t stop scoring now, the goals still look weird, but a goals a goal.

Really dislike the way shots float past the keeper.
  • Dan is Clutch
    24270 posts Club Captain
    Timed shooting is up there with the worst idea they’ve put in Fifa tbh. However, I’m under the impression that you cannot turn it off in fut champs, is that correct?
  • SupaNoodle1990
    Timed shooting is up there with the worst idea they’ve put in Fifa tbh. However, I’m under the impression that you cannot turn it off in fut champs, is that correct?

I’ve also heard this, I really hope it’s not true or I’m in trouble.
  • dopetothemax
    2015 posts Fans' Favourite

Not sure if EA has ever stated you can or can’t. Surely it shouldn’t be a big deal though because if you have it on and just don’t double tap, everything will be a normal shot anyway?
  • SupaNoodle1990
    I expect them to make us, because other wise the big new feature will never get used.
  • Dan is Clutch
    24270 posts Club Captain

Not sure if EA has ever stated you can or can’t. Surely it shouldn’t be a big deal though because if you have it on and just don’t double tap, everything will be a normal shot anyway?

It is an issue in certain situations, I have a habit in Fifa of panic smashing B to shoot if a ball rebounds to my player in the box or something like that, which would mean a timed shot and a risk of it going god knows where :joy: .

This may be something that only i do but I just know eventually it will cost me a goal. :joy:
  • Smudge
    4520 posts National Call-Up

It is an issue in certain situations, I have a habit in Fifa of panic smashing B to shoot if a ball rebounds to my player in the box or something like that, which would mean a timed shot and a risk of it going god knows where :joy: .

This may be something that only i do but I just know eventually it will cost me a goal. :joy:

I do this on corners and it's really annoying, no idea why they've put it on headers
  • SupaNoodle1990

You’re right according to how it was explained.

But for me shooting feels different with it off even if you do normal shots when it’s on.

I’ve not explained that well at all.
  • Orison
    Smudge wrote: »

I do this on corners and it's really annoying, no idea why they've put it on headers

I do it on corners and on rebounds.
  • dopetothemax
    2015 posts Fans' Favourite

That’s a fair point. If there’s a rebound or a few weird deflections in the box I’m usually hitting the B button a lot to try and get it lol

You’re right according to how it was explained.

But for me shooting feels different with it off even if you do normal shots when it’s on.

I’ve not explained that well at all.

Nah you explained well enough. I may try to turn it off and see how it goes. As it stands, I’m doing all normal shots anyway. I’ve given up on low drivens as well, I can’t score them from the same angles as last year
  • FknPitsy
    239 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I share many of the sentiments here. Can't shoot for **** this year. Those side-foot slow as **** shots are doing my head in. I've seen some people say low drivens are working for them like last year. I can't score one to save my life.
  • Moiizer
    5855 posts Big Money Move
    Packed Boateng in one of those 2 player packs, you think i should sell Manolas and get him in with Neuer or keep Manolas and a serie a keeper?
  • Blarix
    20804 posts Club Captain
    Manolos is better
  • Agent Murhawk
    8181 posts League Winner
    2_CE7_CC2_A-2_E7_E-4984-9687-_C811_BBB847_D1.png

Lets see those WL teams
  • MisterJV
    10773 posts Has That Special Something
    Playing from the back removed this year ? Past titles I would pass from my CB to my fullbacks and push up for possession .. my FB's are pushed forward that leaves so many gaps .. help for custom tactics ? Paging @EddieFicio

I am using 4231/4231(2) .. I am struggling hard right now . Had alot of draws this week due to blowing 1 goal leads with a few minutes left .
  • Koolfashion
    2540 posts Fans' Favourite
    I p[layed 130 games and still dont know which formation to start with in WL. RIP.
  • Färjestad
    2090 posts Fans' Favourite
    Hopefully the player picks is only TOTW. If I see a CL player boosted with 1 rating I would be fuming
  • Kieran1903
    458 posts Sunday League Hero
    not sure im ready for this years WL...

Aiming for 20/30