The Weekend League Thread *Eddie the 🐐

Comments

• Orison
    46273 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Pugzilla wrote: »
    Basically everything is a made up rule, there is no cheating here, and it’s an all ages video game so no celebration etc should bother anyone. Thing is we all get competitive and that’s were the issue lies. (For the most part)

I’ve been toxic at times and I’ve come to expect from everyone else, so when it happens, I’m not surprised.

What I will say is if you played from FIFA 14 (when I started) to FIFA 16 (the year before weekend league) people that played to win at all costs were laughed at round here. Cue FIFA 17 (start of Weekend League) and now the most acceptable way to play was win at all cost.

Some of us are still in the old school mindset, some of us have always been win at all cost.

You should have seen our forum tourneys on Pc lol.
    Dunno in how many of them @Knowlesdinho participated, but I guess he can confirm that for the most part they were drama filled and competitive as hell.
  • P
    7439 posts League Winner
    My whole WL turned around when I dropped tots de ligt and Dumfries and went back to prime Rio and TAA. Not sure how that works but ever since I had de ligt and Dumfries my results got worse.
  • Ian_Ando08
    7268 posts League Winner
    if i get Kimmich in red im going 352 with him and sandro as my wingers should work a treat
  • Scutch
    9814 posts Has That Special Something
    Scutch wrote: »
    I won 10 in a row then lost 8 in a row. The game was an actual shambles. Posts, bar, passes astray, shots blazed over, players running in treacle etc etc. When in the previous 10 games I could do nothing wrong, as soon as I get to 13 wins I hit a wall and I was even facing much worse teams yet I was getting zero luck or bounces my way. Funny that.

Last 4 games I decided to change my formation to 352. Won all 4. Finished on 17 wins.

Hate this game so much.

352 is the goat formation

Think I’m gonna stick with it.
  • M98H
    12598 posts Has That Special Something
    Honestly though guys, Van Der Sar is a must if you can, best 550k I’ve spent.
  • Nen
    4318 posts Moderator
    edited June 24
    M98H wrote: »
    Wow he has risen loads.

Whereas I tried big Pete this weekend (Had loads of Lig 1 fodder and dupes... Only so many Fontes a guy can pack) and booyy the guy is so slow. After seeing everyone else with Ederson and Alison basically close any attack down he was a large shift.

He was so slow, he managed to dive after a pen went in past him.
    Sometimes him being so slow paid off, as realistically he can't save a thing but his animations are so take so long, he couldnt complete the limbo action some GKs have when shots are taken. So it just hit him.

Come to think of it, I don't think he made an actual save with his arms. It was just the ball accidentally hitting him.

• Joestoe
    4235 posts National Call-Up

His middle seems better than his Prime. Hated that one, threw him in an Icon SBC.
  • Orison
    edited June 24
    Middle VDS was extinct when I wanted to buy him to test if he was better than alisson (need one of the 2 for the link to vvd)

Too many people jumping on bandwagons and blindly copying stuff.
  • TheDreamer
    3160 posts National Call-Up
    edited June 24
    This game is really something else. :joy:

ezgif-4-a9967b68da2a.gif
  • M98H
    edited June 24
    Orison wrote: »
    Middle VDS was extinct when I wanted to buy him to test if he was better than alisson (need one of the 2 for the link to vvd)

When many Pros and T100s are using him there’s a reason for it. I played against him enough to know he’s insane, best reactions in the game for me, especially from saving headers.
    The SnowGoogles that finished on 29 and beat me 3-1 had him. I had 13 shots to his 8, Van Der Sar bailed both of us out of it being a 6-5 game.

He’s the biggest reason I hit 27 100%
    Made clutch saves that my De Gea would never
  • M98H
    Joestoe wrote: »

His middle seems better than his Prime. Hated that one, threw him in an Icon SBC.

Not used the prime but have heard this also
  • Nen
    4318 posts Moderator
    Orison wrote: »

Alisson I find is okay but when he decides he isnt going to turn up its like playing with no GK. The number of 15 save Alissons i played this weekend killed me though.
  • Joestoe

May just give his middle a shot. Can't be worse than TOTS Donnarumma.
  • Ian_Ando08
    7268 posts League Winner

get sniping
  • Joestoe
    Ian_Ando08 wrote: »

get sniping

I may very well be the worst sniper ever, so if I start now, I may be able to pick one up before the launch of FIFA 22.
  • M98H

get sniping

I may very well be the worst sniper ever, so if I start now, I may be able to pick one up before the launch of FIFA 22.

Picked 1 up 57th min Friday, he isn’t to hard to get, just gotta search now and then randomly
  • JimmyVulmer
    6134 posts Big Money Move
    @Pikachu mad he couldn’t get elite :D :D
  • Joestoe

get sniping

Picked 1 up 57th min Friday, he isn’t to hard to get, just gotta search now and then randomly

Will give it a shot, thanks mate :) . Although i won't grind the WL anymore, just play casually from time to time. Summer is getting started here in Holland, about time to just enjoy the weather and a nice cold beer to recharge myself for FIFA 20 :) .
  • Orison
    Yeah, alisson either saves everything or nothing and same for the opponents.

Either you are playing against a 15 saves alisson or you can shoot straight at him and it still goes in.

I hate inconsistency and on keepers it's on another level this year.
  • TheDreamer
    3160 posts National Call-Up
    TheDreamer wrote: »

ItV3cTR.gif
    Fixed the video.
  • Joestoe
    TheDreamer wrote: »

ezgif-4-a9967b68da2a.gif

This glitch has been around for so long. Incredible.
  • hoban95
    48344 posts FIFA Cover Star
    I ended up playing 3 final games real late last night and getting G2. A fitting way to end WL on fifa 19.
  • MarkFromNorwich
    1940 posts Play-Off Hero
    I was using Middle VDS a few months ago before it was fashionable, he was the best keeper I've used.
  • Muzza11
    7796 posts League Winner
    We all know they will make it the Ultimate TOTS again to keep ppl playing WL.
  • Pauldejong6
    6560 posts Big Money Move
    Muzza11 wrote: »

Random big league tots pack/reds id say.
  • M98H
    Good rewards and I’ll keep playing, need to make 1.7 mill to try Havertz out though :grimace:
  • Puskas
    761 posts Semi-Pro
    Stopped on 11 wins. Gameplay was tragic. Started off well, 6-1, then matched Gorilla :D Got beat 8-2 :o probably the best player ive played. He was 3-0 up, brought it back to 3-2 (peed him off i think with a flick up volley from Aouar fro outside the box) Then he scores his 2nd corner of the game and I lose my head :#
  • Sercs
    18437 posts World Class
    Hopefully make 1.5 mill from E1 so I can afford Havertz to try

Havertz seems amazing in the air, scored quite a few headers
  • Joestoe

Gonna say mixed players from the big leagues. Imagine Maddison, Delort, and Lazzari in the same pack <3 .
  • Muzza11
    7796 posts League Winner

I thought I was done after this week, then I changed formation and did very well. Doesn’t help when you have your CM’s covering the wing *facepalm*