Comments

• Orison
    47108 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Maverick wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »
    And isn't the matchmaking system essentially ELO ranked matchmaking?

No

How do you figure? Unless they straight up lied to us, their matchmaking process is based off of form which is a rating system. Matching players with other similarly skilled players. I know you had difficulty grasping that concept at first thinking someone who loses after going 20-0 would be on 0 form (which lol), but what they're doing is definitely ELO based matchmaking. As for your example of the odd couple of games having weird matches, like you said, maybe their algorithm changes if they can't find an opponent close enough that's searching at the same time so that's why you may end up facing a guy who's 18-15 if you're 30-3. But that's an exception, not the standard.

ELO refers to a system that is a bit more complex than "form".

Therefore it's not an Elo based matchmaking system. Form is like Elo's little, slightly challenged brother.

Lmao the last comment. I heard rumors you were switching to PS. Say it ain't so babe

Depends on my welcome back packs.

Still haven't pre-ordered the game.

I might try PS next year yeah. Slightly bored of always playing the same people in champs.
  • WFCBagnall
    69110 posts Moderator

No

How do you figure? Unless they straight up lied to us, their matchmaking process is based off of form which is a rating system. Matching players with other similarly skilled players. I know you had difficulty grasping that concept at first thinking someone who loses after going 20-0 would be on 0 form (which lol), but what they're doing is definitely ELO based matchmaking. As for your example of the odd couple of games having weird matches, like you said, maybe their algorithm changes if they can't find an opponent close enough that's searching at the same time so that's why you may end up facing a guy who's 18-15 if you're 30-3. But that's an exception, not the standard.

Therefore it's not an Elo based matchmaking system. Form is like Elo's little, slightly challenged brother.

Lmao the last comment. I heard rumors you were switching to PS. Say it ain't so babe

I might try PS next year yeah. Slightly bored of always playing the same people in champs.

More like easier games :trollface:
  • Orison
    WFCBagnall wrote: »

No

More like easier games :trollface:

Exactly
  • Wattagunt
    326 posts Sunday League Hero
    SocratesMe wrote: »
    Have EA confirmed that it's the same as last year? Or are people just saying it's the same?

Unless I've missed something they have never confirmed this is how it worked last year, think they mentioned form has always played a part in matchmaking for weekend league but there's tweaks every year or something along those lines
  • FknPitsy
    239 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    JHiL wrote: »
    Top 10 get 5 player picks. Does this mean they pick one from 5 players 5 times or do they receive 5 players and they receive them all?

They get 5 packs with 5 players and 1 pick from each pack.
  • Adamski
    9941 posts League Winner
    M98H wrote: »
    Adamski wrote: »
    30 games thank the lord

Will be a breeze compared to 40 @Adamski :lol:
    yeah @M98H I gave up in like February or something, coming back fresh B)
  • Pauldejong6
    6706 posts Big Money Move
    Skittles67 wrote: »
    Wonder how they’ll do the new monthly rewards as weekly

As player picks like they said

Chill out Skittles
    I get that, but how many reds per tier finish was what I was thinking.
    @WFCBagnall cheers for being helpful

Silver - 1 red
    Gold - 2 reds
    Elite - 3 reds
    100-51 - 4 reds
    Top 50 - 5 reds

Fantastic.
  • I wouldn’t have bothered with the WL that much if it was the same format as last year but 30 games and weekly reds makes it much more appealing to me.

Take a boo EA
  • Pauldejong6
    6 wins for silver 3 and 1 red player...
    Am I dreaming? Surely lets say IF ronaldo is a possibilty at 6 wins?
  • '96dc2
    9009 posts League Winner

Probably be a maximum of 81 rated for silver.
  • mjs4p
    11071 posts Has That Special Something
    '96dc2 wrote: »

Probably be a maximum of 81 rated for silver.

It might be, but I hope it’s not if they want to encourage more people to play.
  • Pauldejong6
    edited September 2018
    I played too much pes, i dont know how to do drag backs, 2nd man press etc anymore. I press the 'start' instead of A to skip a replay etc. Terrible.
  • sofyanm
    1950 posts Play-Off Hero
    I played too much pes, i dont know how to do drag backs, 2nd man press etc anymore. I press the 'start' instead of A to skip a replay etc. Terrible.
    Same ahah. Managed to get the best rewards in div rivals for div 5 tho.
    Where is that PES thread btw? Just packed that totw Hazard :joy:
  • Campino
    26788 posts Player of the Year
    Man alive the AI defending is a right pain in the derrière
  • Pauldejong6
    sofyanm wrote: »

I think its gone? I dont dare making a PES thread right now with everything of fifa releasing. Hazards sounds awesome though!
  • sofyanm
    1950 posts Play-Off Hero
    sofyanm wrote: »

I think its gone? I dont dare making a PES thread right now with everything of fifa releasing. Hazards sounds awesome though!
    It was on the fifa 18 section so I guess yeah.
    Ahah yes maybe in a week that would be better
  • IDARYL
    5625 posts Big Money Move
    So come in this thread and see orison is now a water boy for Benn, great to see you moving up pal
  • M98H
    12669 posts Has That Special Something
    IDARYL wrote: »
    So come in this thread and see orison is now a water boy for Benn, great to see you moving up pal
    Dayum
  • Davisto
    6081 posts Big Money Move
    Dayum

• Argie8
    5626 posts Big Money Move
    hahaha just caught up with Benn's comments. What a **** :joy: :joy:
  • Orison

Moving up from ending your Fifa career? You must have some really low self-esteem if you value the importance of yourself even below copying and pasting Benn's posts :trollface:
  • IDARYL
    5625 posts Big Money Move

Moving up from ending your Fifa career? You must have some really low self-esteem if you value the importance of yourself even below copying and pasting Benn's posts :trollface:

Ended my career even tho I played FIFA for 4 months after I played you :/ . When the elite struggle is so bad you blank out 7/8 of the FIFA you played and think your a top 100 player :D
  • Pauldejong6

Ended my career even tho I played FIFA for 4 months after I played you :/ . When the elite struggle is so bad you blank out 7/8 of the FIFA you played and think your a top 100 player :D

New year of FIFA, same troll. Boo.
  • Shane
    23803 posts Club Captain
    What squads are you guys looking to rock for the first WL?

• Orison
    Shane wrote: »

That's another 2 weeks.

No idea how many coins I will have by then.

Probably something with Mbappe, Griez and Stoich or so.
  • M98H
    12669 posts Has That Special Something
    Shane wrote: »

A Sweat fest.
  • Choepiechakie
    31105 posts National Team Captain

Pugz ended your career tho
  • Argie8
    initially i was pretty hyped when i heard it would be 30 game instead of 40...but then i realised i only played above 20 three times last year because the gameplay was so bad. Unless i hear plenty of great things from people about the gameplay im gonna have to pass on this year's fifa
  • ALIST4R
    3874 posts National Call-Up
    Argie8 wrote: »
    initially i was pretty hyped when i heard it would be 30 game instead of 40...but then i realised i only played above 20 three times last year because the gameplay was so bad. Unless i hear plenty of great things from people about the gameplay im gonna have to pass on this year's fifa

Gameplay has been great
  • Argie8
    ALIST4R wrote: »
    Argie8 wrote: »

Gameplay has been great

nice. Gonna wait a couple weeks and if people are still enjoying it post-honey moon period i will be very tempted